Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Aaron > Reviews

Browse

Aaron's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aaron RSS Feed

Of Mice and Hitmen (The Day Eight Series Part 2)
Of Mice and Hitmen (The Day Eight Series Part 2)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting follow-up to part 1, March 17, 2012
The pieces of the puzzle established in part 1 (The Reborn (The Day Eight Series Part 1)) shift into hyperdrive for part 2.

This is a fun and fast-paced story that made me excited about the future of technology in the same way that books like 'Snow Crash' and 'Daemon' did.

I recommend this series to anyone who is interested in how technology is shaping our world and the amazing possibilities that the future holds for us.

I can't wait for part 3!

The Reborn (The Day Eight Series Part 1)
The Reborn (The Day Eight Series Part 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and intelligent near-future sci-fi, March 17, 2012
I'm writing this having read parts 1 and 2, so it's a little hard to separate out my impressions. This series does a great job of taking current technology and stretching it just far enough to be spectacular and inspiring without veering off into unbelievability.

It reminds me of books like 'Snow Crash' and 'Daemon' in the way it creates an intelligent and imaginative story that makes me both excited about and wary of the future.

Batman: Arkham City for Xbox 360
Batman: Arkham City for Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $20.99
340 used & new from $1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger and Better than Arkham Asylum, October 26, 2011
Did you like Arkham Asylum? If so, you'll like this game as well.

The city has a little less character than the asylum did, but it more than makes up for that through being a huge playground to stalk around and be Batman in.

The story is fun and the cast is spectacular.

If you haven't played Arkham Asylum, I'd recommend playing it first as I feel it does a better job of introducing you to Rocksteady's Batman mechanics.

Don't miss this game!

Razer Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad
Razer Nostromo PC Gaming Keypad
7 used & new from $99.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Major issue with d-pad makes this device worthless to me, October 26, 2011
I own (and still use) an n52 and it quickly became a peripheral I love. Playing PC games without it feels horrible now. I decided I wanted another one for work (where I play games on lunch break sometimes) so, since the n52 is no longer made, I picked up a Razer Nostromo. I wish I'd saved my money.

Pros:

* Looks great and is as comfortable as the n52.

Cons:

* Here's the deal breaker for me: The diagonals on the d-pad do not function like the n52. I use the d-pad for movement (WASD in most cases), and while forward, backward, left, and right work, the diagonals do not! The result is that if I'm pressing diagonally up and left (W+A), instead of moving forward at a diagonal, I stop moving completely. It's horrible and breaks the whole reason I prefer to use the nostromo. I've looked online and find people experiencing the same issue with no solutions. If you're not using the d-pad for movement, maybe it won't be an issue for you. For me, it means I've got a $70 paperweight.

* The software for creating key layouts is asinine. It doesn't display which keys you have bound to the d-pad. When you press a button on the device, the corresponding key does not light up. These are features which were in the n52 software and there's no reason for them to be missing here. These aren't a deal breaker, but are annoying and just bad design.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2012 8:17 PM PDT

Hot Sauce Committee Part Two [Explicit]
Hot Sauce Committee Part Two [Explicit]
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Return to Form, May 4, 2011
While not quite as good as 'Check Your Head' or 'Ill Communication', Hot Sauce is a welcome return to earlier Beastie's style.

Though 'Hello Nasty' and 'To the 5...' had a couple decent tracks each, I was disappointed with them overall.

I was pleasantly surprised with Hot Sauce and if you're a fan of pre-Nasty Beasties, I think you will be too.

Batman: Arkham Asylum [Game of the Year Edition]
Batman: Arkham Asylum [Game of the Year Edition]
Price: $15.49
276 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grame - not worth it if you already have the original edition, May 21, 2010
I played this to completion when it first came out, but didn't own the game. I picked up a copy of the GotY edition today because I wanted to play through on a harder difficulty, and also the challenge modes are the kind of thing it's fun to come back to every once in a while for 15 minutes of fun (which can easily turn into 2 hours).

This is an awesome game and I can't recommend it enough for people who haven't played it.

A couple gripes about the GotY edition:
* My saves and progress from the original version are not compatible. I'm guessing this means that the leaderboards for the challenge modes will also be separate. This is a big disappointment, as I won't be able to compete against my friends who have the original version.
* The 3D is a cool gimmick, but not quite cool enough for me to want to play the whole game that way. I turned it off after about 30 minutes.

Again, I highly recommend this game if you don't own the original, but can't say it's worth picking up if you already have Arkham Asylum.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2013 12:24 PM PDT

Hagia Sophia
Hagia Sophia
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song from a great album, May 6, 2010
This review is from: Hagia Sophia (MP3 Music)
I wasn't sure if I liked this song the first couple times I heard it. It felt jilted and hard to groove to. However, for me this song got better the more I came to know it. Familiarity helps to smooth out some of the change-ups that occur and it's now one of my very favorite tracks from the album.