Profile for L. Hartwell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Hartwell RSS Feed (Bay Area, California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Let's Ruin It With Babies
Let's Ruin It With Babies
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming!, October 3, 2014
Full disclosure: I know some of the people in this film. But if I didn't truly enjoy it, I would just be polite and say nothing.

What a charming independent movie. I didn't really know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised with the acting and writing. It's realistic and relatable and shot beautifully. If you liked "Away We Go", you'll love Let's Ruin It With Babies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2014 7:21 PM PDT

Home Health Antifungal Lotion, 4 Ounce
Home Health Antifungal Lotion, 4 Ounce
Offered by New Road Health Supply
Price: $9.38
47 used & new from $5.04

4.0 out of 5 stars but I love the lotion for how it goes onto the feet ..., August 3, 2014
Four stars because I can't tell how effective it is yet on athlete's foot, but I love the lotion for how it goes onto the feet and absorbs quickly and neatly. I hate the creams because they are a pain to apply and the sprays are too drying for my feet. If this works, I'll be back to give it a full five stars.

Victor Electronic Rat Trap M240
Victor Electronic Rat Trap M240
Price: $40.34
51 used & new from $35.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised!, December 1, 2013
Purchased this trap because it was the only Victor electric trap that my local home depot had. A friend recommended that I try it, and I'm glad I listened to him. I wasn't sure if we had a mouse or a rat because we hadn't seen the critter, just the poop in the cabinet where we keep our pots and pans. (ugh) We dosed it up with some Sunbutter Sunflower seed butter and in 24 hours we had our first (and hopefully only and last) dead mouse. It was easy to remove from the trap by just emptying it into a garbage bag. I would definitely recommend and buy again if ever needed.

My friend's recommendation was for the model that kills 100 mice per battery set. He said he tried the old school wood traps and the mice stole food without tripping them. Then he tried some traps that are hockey puck shaped and those did nothing. Finally he bought the electric zapper and voila! He caught over 5 mice.

Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub with Bonus Hard Floor Wipes, FH40010B
Hoover FloorMate SpinScrub with Bonus Hard Floor Wipes, FH40010B
Price: $129.00
48 used & new from $70.55

4.0 out of 5 stars The best thing for my floors so far!, February 19, 2013
I've been through the gamut of floor cleaning tools - from an old school string mop to the Shark Steam mop, and this is the best solution by far. While not perfect, it does a good job of deep cleaning a floor (we have linoleum and hard wood) without having to get down on your knees and scrub it with a brush.

The thing I hate about typical mops, which is probably the most common complaint, is that you just end up pushing dirty water around on your floor. Unless you can wash the mop head prior to every time you use it, the problem just gets worse and worse. The Floormate puts down the cleaning solution and vacuums it right back up. You can see the dirt in the canister and filters after. That's dirty water that is not left on the floor.

Pros:

Vacuums and dries floors before and after.
Sucks the dirty water off the floor. This is actually pretty impressive.
Most pieces (scrubbing brushes, dirty water tank etc. come off so that you can rinse them clean.

Cons:

Vacuum is not very powerful, and doesn't really have much edge cleaning power.
Can be a little messy cleaning up the Powermate after mopping. I find it best to wash things with my hose in my driveway.
Cleaner that comes with it kind of stinky and expensive. I'm going to try white vinegar and water in the future.
Clean water tank doesn't carry a lot, requires you to refill often, even for small areas.
Brushes could be more in contact with floor. Some areas require that you go over them several times to lift stubborn bits of dirt.

While this is really not for everyday use, paired with my Roomba Pet I think it's going to make a huge dent in the time and effort I spend cleaning floors. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2013 3:09 PM PDT

Sally Hansen Kwik Off Nail Color Remover with Vitamin E and Aloe, 5.1 Fluid Ounce
Offered by CSHB
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars so easy!, February 11, 2013
I love glitter nail polishes but they are an absolute pain to remove. This product contains a very soft sponge in a plastic jar of acetone. The sponge has a few openings to slip your fingertips into and once in, you just swirl and soak for a few seconds. Works great!

Dyson DC23 TurbineHead Canister Vacuum
Dyson DC23 TurbineHead Canister Vacuum
Offered by BrooksBrother
Price: $352.88
7 used & new from $125.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality has gone way down, March 21, 2012
Recently we moved cross country and we had to leave behind our Dyson Animal upright due to circumstances beyond our control. It was probably about 8 years old and still worked like a champ, even with a few parts that were a little broken or damaged from normal wear and tear over the years. When we got to our new home, a 2000+ square foot, two story house, we realized that the upright would have been a pain to use anyhow. I sat down and started researching a new canister vacuum to get that would be great for lots of hardwood, tile and stairs and pick up pet hair from 2 cats and a dog.

I didn't want to buy a super cheap vacuum, but didn't want to break the bank with a pricey one either (friends kept suggesting a Miele.) So I was down to two choices, the Dyson or an LG Kompressor Pet Care Plus. Based on our previous experience, we decided to stick with Dyson.

When it arrived, it was easy to put together. I started vacuuming in minutes. I vacuumed the entire house, which took me a few hours.

The good: it picked up stuff.

The bad:

Heavier than I expected.
Plastic seems cheap and I'm worried it will break easily.
A little clumsy to use, not so intuitive. Changing tools sometimes a little frustrating.
The suction was much less than I expected. Seriously, our old Dyson sucked up everything. This one, not so much.
Wheels should be some type of rubber, not just hard plastic.

For as much as the Dyson ads talk about smart design, this one doesn't live up to the hype. It was not a great vacuuming experience where I think I'll be happy to use it often. I'm going to let me husband give it shot and see what he thinks, but based on my single use, I might send it back.

Gaia Herbs RapidRelief Reflux Relief, 24 Tablets (Pack of 2)
Gaia Herbs RapidRelief Reflux Relief, 24 Tablets (Pack of 2)
2 used & new from $38.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, July 6, 2011
I bought a box of these from Whole Foods during my latest battle with GERD. I'm having the type of acid reflux where my throat burns non stop for days. I'm taking meds for it, but the meds don't really address the immediate discomfort. I honestly didn't expect a whole lot from these and they told me I could return them if they didn't work. But they do provide some instant relief for the burning feeling. I cut the blister packs into 6 tabs (they recommend you take no more than that in a day) and carry them in my pocket and car for when the burning becomes annoying.I just pop one in my mouth and it instantly soothes the throat. The flavor is refreshing and while you can taste the baking soda, you can tell it's really helping to neutralize the acid. Also, drinking a lot of water helps too.

Now, I wouldn't pay what they are asking for them here, though. Whole Foods has them cheaper, and I bet if you google around you can find them cheaper yet.

Also, check out the book called "Dropping Acid-The reflux diet cookbook and cure" available on Amazon. It has good info for how to deal with your GERD more holistically.

Heavy Duty Light Bar with Four Accessory Shoes, with bounce, and umbrella socket RS-3102
Offered by VIDEO CAMERA CENTER
Price: $49.00
5 used & new from $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, June 1, 2011
I haven't put many miles on this yet so I can't speak to how it holds up, but it seems well made and easy to use. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend on such a thing, but otherwise happy with it.

Mr. Clean 446998 Wring Clean Cotton Cone Mop
Mr. Clean 446998 Wring Clean Cotton Cone Mop
Price: $19.42

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, March 27, 2011
I think my mop is a little different - mine has a magic eraser at the tip, but pretty sure they are similar otherwise. So far I've mopped a bedroom, living room and hallway - all hardwood, and a kitchen - linoleum - with it. The mop head looks like I've had it for a month or two already. Lint falls off and requires you to sweep up after. The mop head is blue and bleeds into the water, so obviously you are wiping blue water onto your floor! The wringer mechanism ratchets but doesn't lock and so you have to put a fair amount of energy into wringing. My back is sore from bending over and twisting. I bought mine at Target, considering returning it.

Petmate 22501 LitterLocker Plus with Microban, White/Planet Blue
Petmate 22501 LitterLocker Plus with Microban, White/Planet Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, I love it, January 5, 2011
We have two cats that don't cover their poop when they go. I have a husband who promises that he will check the litterbox everyday and clean it up. That rarely happens, in part, because it requires that he goes rifling through the bag drawer to find a few bags without holes in them, and even though it's not a huge thing, it is kind of a pain in the butt.

The cats also like to go in the middle of the night. We're talking 3, 4 AM, people. The smell will wake me up. So I have to drag my butt out of bed to find some bags and....you get the idea.

So I splurged on the litter locker. It was easy to figure out and honestly, it almost makes it fun to clean the litterbox. I bet you could convince your kid that cleaning the litterbox is an exciting activity that he or she would want to do. You flip the top open and drop in the waste and give the handle a turn till it clicks. Done. No smell, no scrounging for bags, no trip to the garbage can.

The one downside is that the refills are pricey and that's why 4 stars, not 5.

Also, I am not exactly thrilled about the level of plastic I am using and discarding, wish they could make the bags with the biodegradable stuff like my dog poo bags are made of. That might be worth the extra money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3