Profile for April T. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

April T. "April T." RSS Feed (Portland, OR USA)

Offered by Matty's Toy Stop
Price: $16.99
36 used & new from $12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk.. skip it and buy a cake pop mold., December 9, 2014
This review is from: Cool Baker Cake Pop Maker (Toy)
Absolute junk! Where to start...

Negatives:
1) The pieces that are threaded don't screw together reliable. Therefore when the "cake mix" is being pressed down through the green dispenser, the bottom white "tip" kept falling off.
2) There isn't enough mix to fill the 4 cake pop molds.
3) It's difficult to get the plastic sticks to stay firmly in the pops without a full mold.
4) The "cake mix" doesn't harden, so it takes gentle fingers to release the pops from their molds and frost.
5) The pops can't stay on the stick strong enough to be "dipped" into the frosting so we had to gently spoon it onto them.
6) The frosting dispenser that makes the shapes (i.e. - star, heart, diamond) only work for the first time a frosted pop is pressed against it. After that the shapes are coated with frosting alone the edges, so then the next pop to be frosted doesn't get a clear shape.
7) Springles came in flat plastic packages. It was tough to cut a corner and keep the unused sprinkles inside. It would be helpful if they were in typical sprinkle containers like usual baking items.
7) Results - kids ate the cake as round balls in a bowl, covered in frosting and sprinkled with our own Christmas cookie decorations

Positives:
1) My daughter felt like she was baking.
2) The pop together assembly instructions was a good practice in following instructions.
3) Kit included card board instructions for how to mix the cake pop batter and icing.
The only good thing about this thing was that my 6 year old was making a pop and so she thought it was great. I'll be buying the cake pop baking pans.

Offered by Bertie Told Me
Price: $19.99
59 used & new from $19.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk... buy a real cake pop mold., December 9, 2014
Absolute junk! Where to start...

Negatives:
2) There isn't enough mix to fill the 4 cake pop molds.

Positives:
1) My daughter felt like she was baking.

Have Fun, Molly Lou Melon
Have Fun, Molly Lou Melon
by Patty Lovell
Price: $13.63
59 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars The ending is bitter sweet and will tug at anyone adult's heart, September 22, 2014
What a delightful book to follow a girl's imagination and her influence on the new kid on the block. The ending is bitter sweet and will tug at anyone adult's heart. the illustrations are wonderful. I seek this book out at my child's preschool because I WANT to read it again and again.

Step2  4-in-1 Rock N Stroll Rider (Pink)
Step2 4-in-1 Rock N Stroll Rider (Pink)

1.0 out of 5 stars Toy too small for targeted age group., March 22, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
ALMOST USELESS AFTER 1YO. I bought this for my 1yo for his first birthday. What a huge disappointment. He was too big to sit in the chair & use the flip down foot rests. It's as if the company never had a kid sit on it. There isn't enough height to the seat to allow for the length of the child's legs. I was told by store clerk the steering wheel moved the wheels, not true. Wheels are stationary making it less mobile once the kid out grows the safety yellow wring. The telescope handle is a nice feature, except that once extended a person/child has the tendency to twist it to turn the car. We had to have the bar extended only half way, then use our weight on it to lift front wheels, tilt back & redirect the toy.

Used it for 1 month, now selling. Waste of money unless you get it for your child when they can finally sit, but need the assistance of the yellow safety bar.

Itsy Bitsy Spider (Kate Toms Series)
Itsy Bitsy Spider (Kate Toms Series)
by Make Believe Ideas Ltd.
Edition: Board book
Price: $5.41
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars There's more to Itsy Bitsy Spider than you know., March 18, 2010
My 2yr old twins & I just LOVE this book! What a wonderful play off the traditional song, Itsy Bitsy Spider. The author takes children on an adventure as poor Itsy tries desperately to find another way home. The illustrations are fun to look at for hours. The quality of the book is superb. I'm searching for more books by this author & by this publisher.

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins: A Step-by-Step Program for Sleep-Training Your Multiples
by Dr Marc Weissbluth
Price: $11.06
145 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sanity Secret for Parents of Multiples, January 15, 2010
The book does a good job going over what sleep patterns can be expected at what ages. This book was essential in helping us get our twins to sleep through the night for 12 hours and nap twice a day for 3 hrs each at just 5 months old. It's too bad this version wasn't written more concisely than it's non-twin version. Way to wordy.

Twin Spin - Tunes for Twins
Twin Spin - Tunes for Twins
Price: $16.02
10 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep marching!, September 15, 2009
I LOVE this CD!! Purchased it when my twins were 6 months old. A year later and the kids fall into a march when I bust out the words "Oh when the twins go marching..." The songs are each unique, up beat, & pleasant to listen to over & over again. What a fun thing to have to help your twins learn why they are unique.

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Hand Soap, Baby Blossom, 12.5-Ounce Bottles (Case of 6)
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Hand Soap, Baby Blossom, 12.5-Ounce Bottles (Case of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite gDiaper liner cleaner., April 6, 2009
I am a fan of Mrs. Meyer's products for their eco-friendliness, effectiveness & smells. This hand soap is wonderful for everyday use, not just for babies. I have one year old twins & use this to clean their gDiaper plastic liners. It does a wonderful job, rinses well & leaves a lite blossom smell. Never any poopy residue smell that often comes with reusable diapers. Perfect! My guests ask where they can buy this for use in their homes.

Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix
Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix
Price: $124.99
6 used & new from $124.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for John & Kate, good enough for me!, February 18, 2009
As a mom with twins, saveing money is key. If this car seat is good enough for Kate of John & Kate plus 8, then it is good enough for me. Here is what she wrote on Babies R Us website: "I enjoy having this car seat. I have sextuplets so I had to purchase 6 of these. And I am happy i did. My kids love them and fall asleep in them. I had three other car seats for them before because they are constantly growing out of the other ones. when I found this one i thought it would be perfect because they will fit into them and i wont have to buy more car seats. I wish they had these when i had my twins."