Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for NYC Photographer > Reviews

Browse

NYC Photographer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NYC Photographer "New York Reader" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Chess Tactics Pro
Chess Tactics Pro
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful chess puzzles for all levels, May 2, 2016
This review is from: Chess Tactics Pro (App)
Really useful chess puzzles for all levels. I am using the easy mode. Sometimes I wish there was a clear explanation for the ones I solve.
Sometimes I see why I solved it, other times I am not sure.

Chess
Chess
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, May 2, 2016
This review is from: Chess (App)
Good, basic app for chess. I find the "tutor' mode a little confusing as a beginner.

Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction
Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that helps you learn to think. Helps ..., March 29, 2016
A book that helps you learn to think.
Helps me realize how many people, especially in the world of politics and business, don't know how to think.
Well written and really interesting.

Neewer NW-610II Mini LCD Display On-camera Flash Speedlite for Canon Nikon Olympus Sony A7 A7S/A7SII A7R/A7RII A7II A6000 A6300 and Other DSLR Cameras
Price: $29.99
10 used & new from $24.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall great except for battery compartment and cover., March 20, 2016
Pros:
Flexible flash head that can be adjusted.
Flash output can be adjusted for 1/1 to 1/128 in 1/3 increments.
Multi flash option for stroboscopic photography.
Back lit display.
Very light and compact.
Works on all of my cameras (had to fiddle with some camera settings on an old Nikon but it worked.)
Cons:
Battery compartment is very tight - some of my rechargeable AA batteries got stuck.
Hard to close battery cover even with rechargeable batteries that fit.
Battery cover feels flimsy., I suspect this will break at some point. I deducted 1 star for this reason.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX100K 4K, Point and Shoot Camera with Leica DC Lens (Black)
Offered by Green's Camera World
Price: $797.99
30 used & new from $540.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Point and shoot with advanced features, February 17, 2016
This is a really great little camera. Far more than a point and shoot. This has a lot of advanced features that are important if you are into controlling your images rather than letting program mode make the choices for you. The image quality is excellent. I shoot in RAW and like to tweek my pictures, but the Jpegs look good too. I use a Nikon D600 and a Fuji X-E2 -- both are excellent cameras with larger sensors. The Lumix X 100K really holds its own for a small camera. I know that people complain that it does not have a built in flash. It come with a little flash you can put on hot shoe and works on TTL mode - it is pretty weak. However, if you are into photography you probably want the option of using your own flash (or trigger remotes) so I would rather have a hot shoe on the camera rather than a built in flash and no hot shoe. I bought this through Amazon Warehouse deals and purchased a additional warranty. I saved about 40% off the "new" price -- so some of my enthusiasm for this camera might be fueled by getting a great camera for a very good price.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 16, 2016
Excellent acting and great cinematography.

Sony Alpha a6000 Digital Camera Wi-Fi w/ 18-55mm 55-210mm Zoom Lens Bundle (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Secondipity
Price: $699.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great kit but camera has poor battery life, January 27, 2016
This kit is being sold at a great price. Everything came looking brand new, it had all the accessories, and the camera and lenses worked great. It came in a Sony camera bag. The camera takes very good photos. I was thrilled to get the A6000 at this price. However, my issue is not with the seller or the fact it is refurbished. I love refurbished electronics for the savings. My issue is with the camera's battery life -- it is really below average. Other photographers on the web have commented on the same thing. It starts draining the minute you turn it on. I tried turning of the Wi-fi, but it didn't help. I considered keeping this kit and buying some extra batteries, but the idea bugged me. I bought this as a light weight alternative to my dslr - if I am carrying around two extra batteries it sort of defeats the purpose. The SD card is also hard to remove. Almost Sony...

AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, well priced, but bulky., September 17, 2015
The Amazon camera bag is well built and looks like it would hold up well under heavy use. It has several convenient pockets in addition to the main compartment. My main complaint is the bag's bulkiness. The cover of the bag - where the handle and buckles are attached -- is very bulky and accounts for the size of the bag. However, when you unbuckle it, the inside of the cover does not contain any pockets -- seems like a waste of space. The interior of the bag is not that roomy -- it will hold a DSLR with a lens and flash plus some accessories.
If your camera bag gets thrown around a lot then this looks like a sturdy bag. However, I don't think it is the best use of space of weight given the design of the cover. For the price it is good, but it is pretty basic.

Catastrophe Season 1
Catastrophe Season 1
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars A love story for adults, August 27, 2015
A love story story about imperfect adults coping with the uncertainty of their relationship and the uncertainty of life.

Bryan Peterson's Understanding Composition Field Guide: How to See and Photograph Images with Impact
by Bryan Peterson
Price: $18.82
71 used & new from $7.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Small text., April 22, 2015
Very helpful book and good ideas. However, the "guidebook" format is a gimmick. Because of its reduced size, the text is very small and hard to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4