Profile for Nero Ragno > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nero Ragno "creator of "She of the Forbidden Zone"" RSS Feed (The Forbidden Zone)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
20ft Below
20ft Below
DVD ~ Danny Trejo
Price: $9.96
50 used & new from $3.57

3.0 out of 5 stars 20 Ft Below and Brick Mansions Have Similarities, July 11, 2014
This review is from: 20ft Below (DVD)
20 Ft Below is similar to Brick Mansions in plot. Poor people and ruthless gangs used and controlled by government. Brick Mansions depiction of Detroit is nothing but a shallow, self-righteous attempt to rewrite history and to fool the audience on why people are who they are. 20 Ft Below’s message was more internal and focused on the intestinal fortitude of characters overcoming their plight. Both have lead characters who have lost a wife. However, Brick Mansions has a single protagonist who leads the story, while 20 Ft Below is more an ensemble. Ensemble pieces are difficult to write; the writer did not bring out the best in the story. But the story is there. The Skeeter character was fun to watch. Sound and lighting were very nice for an ultra low budget film. Low budget films can jump start careers. I hope to see some of these actors in bigger budget films.

Havahart X-Small Professional Style One-Door Animal Trap for Chipmunk, Squirrel, Rat, and Weasel - 0745
Price: $21.22
44 used & new from $18.04

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, May 27, 2014
I wasn't sure if I was buying something that worked or not. I had squirrels in my attic. In a couple of days I had caught a half dozen of the little critters. I had the holes where they gnawed into the attic patched and bait put out. No more problems for the last three or so months. Peanut Butter is great bait.

Bagdad Cafe
Bagdad Cafe
DVD ~ Marianne Sagebrecht
Price: $9.99
24 used & new from $5.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Thought I Was Buying, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Bagdad Cafe (DVD)
The Bagdad Cafe is a wonderful movie. The problem here is that this version (95 minutes) has cut out over 10 minutes of the film. Nowhere did it say that this version was edited. I feel that I am a victim of false advertising. I checked Amazon to see if I could purchase the German version (108 minutes), which is the full feature. The other box with a different picture does not say run time or if it is the German cut. Bad, Bad, Bad! I usually give reviews on something I liked or if it was a good specific gift. I can't let this one get by without stating my disappointment.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2014 7:23 PM PDT

Face/Off
Face/Off
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, April 28, 2013
This review is from: Face/Off (Amazon Instant Video)
Action, some body count, Dominique Swain punked out, fun watching two actors playing the same double parts. A 1999 classic.

Hell Comes to Frogtown
Hell Comes to Frogtown
DVD ~ Roddy Piper
2 used & new from $89.10

5.0 out of 5 stars I know what I buy, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Hell Comes to Frogtown (DVD)
This is another campy movie. If your are not into low budget quirky stories then don't get it. But this is a classic for folks who like this kind of movie.

Spice and Wolf, Vol. 1
Spice and Wolf, Vol. 1
by Isuna Hasekura
Price: $11.99
63 used & new from $5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Spice and Wolf, Vol. 1 (Paperback)
Because I bought it for a 12 year old. And she loved it. It is as simple as that. No more words to be said.

Ice Pirates
Ice Pirates
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Ice Pirates (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a funky movie full of satire. The people who buy this surly know what it is like. If you like camp, you might want to give this a try.

Looney Tunes - Vintage Marvin T-Shirt - Small
Looney Tunes - Vintage Marvin T-Shirt - Small

5.0 out of 5 stars I did not get this item, April 7, 2013
this item came. Was the wrong size. They were out of larges, so I bought a different design. A friend of mine has this tee shirt, and I like it.

Shoot 'Em Up
Shoot 'Em Up
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 7, 2013
A campy bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, action movie. A fun watch.

Dog Soldiers: The Dogumentary
Dog Soldiers: The Dogumentary
DVD ~ Mike Carroll
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Woof, March 23, 2013
Dog Soldiers is a wonderful, fun video for family entertainment. I didn't know some people earned a living walking dogs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3