Profile for Maneki Neko > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 68

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maneki Neko "M.N." RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
KidKraft Storage Unit With Shelves - Espresso
KidKraft Storage Unit With Shelves - Espresso
Price: $89.99
22 used & new from $67.87

5.0 out of 5 stars ... room after agonizing over higher priced bookcases at shops like Land of Nod etc, February 22, 2015
I bought this in white for my daughter's room after agonizing over higher priced bookcases at shops like Land of Nod etc. I also considered Ikea's bookshelves, but they were never in stock and were boring. I liked this shelf because it has several ways to orient your books and partitions for organizing different types of books. Some KidKraft items like the dollhouse bookshelf are not that sturdy, but I was pleasantly surprised by this bookcase. It is well made and should hold up well. I bought two without knowing that you could stack them, and was hoping to jury-rig something, but the set comes with brackets to attach them. The two shelves also fit nicely on top of each other into grooves. We attached the brackets and attached it to the wall to protect my climbing toddler. I'm really happy with the purchase and her books and room look great!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Miz Mooz Women's Bindi Ballet Flat,Cognac,6.5 M US
Miz Mooz Women's Bindi Ballet Flat,Cognac,6.5 M US
Price: $81.99
2 used & new from $79.95

4.0 out of 5 stars runs small, my regular size may have been better, January 15, 2015
I like the shape of these shoes, but they are small enough that I cannot wear socks with them. I bought a half size smaller than my regular size based on reviews and product availability, but I wish I had bought my regular size. However, they are cute and flattering as long as I skip socks or just wear a thin nylon. A nice neutral color and the shape adds a little casual style to jeans.

Miz Mooz Women's Sharon Pump,Whiskey,7 M US
Miz Mooz Women's Sharon Pump,Whiskey,7 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars sexy, sassy, and steampunk, January 15, 2015
I love these shoes. They are as cute in person as in the picture, if not more so. The top is a bit wide so my foot comes up and down a bit when I walk, but the shoes are so amazingly cute I will be keeping them. I can't wait to wear them with a sassy dress!

Miz Mooz Women's Nicole Bootie,Taupe,6.5 M US
Miz Mooz Women's Nicole Bootie,Taupe,6.5 M US

2.0 out of 5 stars Returning these, scooped top shows with jeans, January 15, 2015
These shoes definitely run big and wide, especially in the toe. I was looking for a practical short boot I could wear with jeans that didn't show socks, and to my surprise the top of the scooped side shows beneath my jean hem. I don't like the fit, either, so I will be returning them. I usually love Miz Mooz but these are kind of weird and frumpy on...

Kids Konserve Nesting Trio Stainless Steel Containers with Leak-Proof Lids, Turquoise/Yellow/Lavender
Price: $17.46
7 used & new from $17.25

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great, practical containers for school snacks, December 5, 2014
These are great, practical containers for school snacks. Like the ease of cleaning and dishwasher safe material. I'd buy more if they were only less expensive.

Galleria Stained Glass Dragonfly Folding Umbrella
Galleria Stained Glass Dragonfly Folding Umbrella
Offered by Galleria Umbrellas & Gifts
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The umbrella is quite large and sturdy as well, December 5, 2014
This umbrella is absolutely stunning in person. I waffled about ordering it, especially with some issues with Amazon Fresh availability. However, I finally ordered it and found that it was available the same day (this was not the case a few days ago, very strange). When it arrived and we opened it up I was blown away how gorgeous the pattern is. The umbrella is quite large and sturdy as well. It is almost too nice- I'm afraid of losing it already! I may put some of my daughter's name labels on it just to try to keep track of it. Seriously the prettiest umbrella I have ever seen. Love it.

Motor Works by Discovery Toys
Motor Works by Discovery Toys
Offered by Discovery Toys
Price: $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, June 18, 2014
This toy was reviewed favorably on a mother's online forum and touted as a great gift for a 5 year old boy... so I bought it for my daughter, who loves electronic toys and also loves putting things together and taking them apart. We haven't received it yet but I will update my review to describe her reaction.

The main reason I wanted to review this item was that I was quite appalled by the price. Lately you really have to be careful when shopping on Amazon. The current price of $45 for a prime toy is extremely overpriced. I found this same item on an educational toy site for $30, found an online 20% off coupon for the same item and ended up paying $30 for the item including shipping.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2014 3:00 PM PST

Disney Frozen Elsa - Snow Queen - Girls Shirt (XX Small (2/3))
Disney Frozen Elsa - Snow Queen - Girls Shirt (XX Small (2/3))
Offered by Ike's General Store
Price: $16.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Sleazy Resale Market on Amazon is depressing for anyone with a small child, May 12, 2014
This shirt and many others like it depicting characters from the Disney Frozen movie comes from a certain bargain basement discount store that is famous for "rolling back" prices. It retails for $7.97. This shirt should be under ten dollars, not under thirty. The predators swooping in buying shirts from cheap stores so little girls in love with their favorite character can't buy them make me ill. This is an example of supply and demand at its worst price gouging. It is a shame Amazon lets this kind of exploitation occur. Yuck.

Vitamix SAVOR Recipes Book and DVD 2012.
Vitamix SAVOR Recipes Book and DVD 2012.
by Vita-Mix
Edition: Spiral-bound
5 used & new from $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipes vary in quality, dvd is boring and there isnt much to it., December 17, 2013
I got this cookbook with my vitamix from costco and while I love my vitamix, this cookbook could really be better. So far I've tried the acorn squash soup, which we all enjoyed, even my four year old. I was excited to try the hot soup program so next i tried the carrot ginger orange soup. I should have known adding that much orange was a bad idea! Further, the 1/2 inch of orange skin made it really bitter. It tasted like a pectin infused hot, bitter orange soup. Gross! I really wanted the raw foods cookbook and video because I'm a fan of that cookbook. I don't know who this chef is, but he has no personality. Also, I was amused by his claiming there were no preservatives in his "homemade" peanut butter and then proceeded to use honey roasted peanuts, which are full of preservatives and gross additives. Yuck! Anyway, definitely not worth $50.

Skip Hop Treetop Friends Activity Gym
Skip Hop Treetop Friends Activity Gym
Price: $74.99
31 used & new from $59.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be improved with higher quality materials, November 19, 2013
I like the design but was disappointed in the cheapness of the materials. Our old activity gym not by skip hop had a softer base and more sturdily constructed animals. The base on this is extremely thin and I feel bad for my baby when putting him on it on our wooden floor. Please improve quality to let the strong attractive deign shine through!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7