Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Khalidx71" RSS Feed (Earth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
DS2
DS2
Price: $12.36
113 used & new from $6.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Its so bad I cannot even listen to one song, July 20, 2015
This review is from: DS2 (Audio CD)
This trash is not hip hop. Its so bad I cannot even listen to one song. Let me turn up my Guru.

A Dreadful Deceit: The Myth of Race from the Colonial Era to Obama's America
A Dreadful Deceit: The Myth of Race from the Colonial Era to Obama's America
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Race is a myth but White supremacy is not. Nice try Jacequeline Jones ., October 26, 2014
The LA Times Review said it best: "A Dreadful Deceit's" insistence that race is not a factor leads Jones to ignore racism's role in creating economic inequality. Today's workforce, she asserts, is "defined less by skin color and history than by shared powerlessness within a global economy." But if truly "shared," how do we explain the widening wealth gap between whites and blacks or that the world's cheap apparel is made in the global South by a non-white, super-exploited labor force?

If "race" did not matter, why were anti-miscegenation laws introduced in the colonies in the mid-17th century? How do we account for the singularly brutal treatment of captured Africans on slave ships, where they were treated like wild animals, raped and portrayed as having "natural" proclivities for bondage and sexual intercourse

Jones generally treats "race" (a means of classifying difference) as a proxy for "racism" (a hierarchical system of subjugation based on race). The point is not that race explains everything but that racism is built into the very structure of the economy. Race may be a myth, but racism survives.

You can have your colorblind ideology. I suggest the following books: The Invention of the White Race, Volume 1: Racial Oppression and Social Control and The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism

Samsung HLT6187SAX 61-Inch Slim LED Engine 1080p DLP HDTV (Old Version)
Samsung HLT6187SAX 61-Inch Slim LED Engine 1080p DLP HDTV (Old Version)
3 used & new from $599.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned this TV since 2008 and why I fixed my white dot issue, October 24, 2014
I purchased this television in 2008 and my television did begin showing the white dots around July this year. At first I did not pay it any attention , until more begin to appear. I found out about the white dot lawsuit which did not cover this model. I asked Samsung to replace my chip and they refused. Was I upset . Yeah. However , I had no issues with the television . The television is beautiful and the reason I purchased it was due to the LED . That's why this television is still expensive. Now back to the repair . Samsung authorized repair shops and any shop wantto charge between $500 -$600 . I said no way I will buy a new one. I placed an ad on craiglist for $200. I got so many calls I said I need to research why I purchased this television in 2008. I saw the 20 year rated led and no bulb . I said I better fix this myself. I ordered the DLP chip from ShopJimmy . I got a 2 year extended warranty. Total price $220. I watched videos on youtube for the install. Its really super easy. I wore a wrist strap when installing the part. Its basically like installing a cpu on a motherboard. I also used a little vac and got all the dust out of the tv . I watched the videos on youtube entitled Replace DLP chip on Samsung HLT6187 by WillFully WeirdWorld . His videos have annoying music but they include good information that many do not including 4 screws not to remove because it will mess up your picture balance. If you have issues I downloaded the videos from youtube . After installing my white dots are gone. I included photos of how my picture looked with the white dots and after installing the dlp chip. I know some folks are trashing this tv but I only have had 1 issue in 6 years. The only thing is this tv does not have a usb port. . I simply use my video game console. I am not surprised this TV is priced so much but its probably because of the 20 year rated LED . I changed my dlp last night if anyone has any questions .

Trigga (Deluxe) (Explicit)
Trigga (Deluxe) (Explicit)
Price: $15.99
59 used & new from $3.69

1.0 out of 5 stars Trigga , please, July 3, 2014
Same old autotuned recycled computer music with him sounding like little girl. Basically talking about his sexual skills. What is called R&B today is sad . He needs to steal some music from the 70s and 80s . I did not buy this trash either. I would not pay more than $1 for this trash .I gave it a i because I could not give it a 0

NCAA Football 14 - Xbox 360
NCAA Football 14 - Xbox 360
Offered by Dakota Seller
Price: $118.00
82 used & new from $21.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Game not tested by EA, July 10, 2013
Stop paying $60 to beta test this trash. I have the game but I did not buy it. Graphics are great. However , the no huddle glitch is terrible. The CPU runs no huddle no matter the team, defense is broken, offense is overpowering. I ran for 350 yards on Heisman with New Mexico State vs Alabama. 350 yards with 9:28 seconds to go in the 2nd quarter!!! All the ratings need to be changed which is a huge task . Defense no matter what scheme you run the opposing team will score. Every team runs the option effectively. Save your money and buy NCAA 13 .
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2013 1:00 AM PDT

Not Out of Africa Revisited: How Eurocentrism Became an Excuse to Teach History as Myth
Price: $2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Book, May 15, 2013
This book is researched to prove everything in Not Out of Africa is a naked lie. In addition , notice the 2 star review. They seek to discredit the truth showing what vile , wicked people they are. I highly doubt the person who attacked the author has even read the book .
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2016 5:46 PM PST

capitalism and slavery
capitalism and slavery

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Kindle format in the world, May 8, 2013
Great book but as a Kindle book this is just terrible. Do not buy the Kindle book. I want my money back !!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2014 3:58 PM PST

The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration
by Isabel Wilkerson
Price: $10.48
372 used & new from $3.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Response to Maria Ausherman's review, April 3, 2013
Maria did not read this well researched book . From pages 547 -587 the author names the people she interviewed for the book . In addtion she list all the sources such as the Wall Street Journal , Chicago Defender ,etc. She also list organizations that offered access and support. Maria you mentioned overrated . You make that statement based on what qualifications? Are you telling us your opinion carries more weight than the The New York Times or Wall Street Journal. The book won the Anisfield-Wolf Award for Nonfiction, along with John Edgar Wideman for Lifetime Achievement and Nicole Krauss for Fiction. Real scholars? Can you name one that can refute what she researched in her book? Perhaps the next time she is at Harvard you can debate her? You mentioned "well-intentioned taxpayers will no longer be damaged by illegally made products such as this" . This book was published by Random House. Random House is the largest general-interest trade book publisher in the world. It has been owned since 1998 by a German private media corporation . So the lie you are painting that taxpayer money was used is a naked lie. I understand the shameful conduct of whites upsets you and makes you uncomfortable . However , who cares about your cognitive dissonance.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
by Rebecca Skloot
Price: $9.60
1136 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the one star reviews then buy the book, March 18, 2013
The reason you will find 42 1 star reviews is because this book makes white racist uncomfortable. Not only does it expose how black people were treated in this country it destroys the myths of white supremacy . White social scientist taught the African was inferior in every way and here you have a black woman's SUPERIOR DNA body contributing so much to science. They cannot deny the facts so they talk of liberal agenda, Oprah, Then most of these right wing so called capitalists want to be critical of her family wanting to be compensated. How dare they? I guess they feel capitalism is great only when poor black folks can be exploited. You are disgusting devils.Basically they want knowledge hidden . They 42 1 star reviews are of the same mindset that attempted to make sure black were denied education . Get this book for your children and teach them about black doctors from Ancient Kemet .

Forced into Glory: Abraham Lincoln's White Dream
Forced into Glory: Abraham Lincoln's White Dream
by Lerone Bennett
53 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you to the 1 star reviews, December 28, 2012
All the white males who wrote the 1 star reviews convinced me this book must have information they want hidden . Thanks again Yahoo's!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4