Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Boston, MA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Bona Fide Beauty Czech Glass Nail Files with Cases - 4 Piece Crystal Nail Files with Case, Best for Manicure and Nail Beauty, Tri-Color Glass Files with Hard Silver Cases for Optimal Hand Beauty
Offered by Creature Feature Designs
Price: $34.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice 4 piece set and the colors are pretty, February 9, 2016
Nice 4 piece set and the colors are pretty. It's hard to tell if the files do or don't have the same "grit" on both sides. They're excellent for buffing out little nicks, notches, or sharp spots. I don't mind if I sometimes hit skin! Carrying cases are sturdy enough to protect the file in my purse. This is the first time I've used glass files; I think it takes a little getting used to but so far I like them.

eBags TLS Workstation Laptop Backpack (Blue Yonder)
eBags TLS Workstation Laptop Backpack (Blue Yonder)

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable locker, November 18, 2015
Easily fits my 15" Macbook Pro plus a thin notebook into the laptop compartment. It's very large; I wanted it to hold my regular (small) backpack and it's more than huge enough for that plus anything else I want to take to and from work. I'm 5'4" so this bag is quite literally the largest thing I can comfortably carry. The sternum strap is nice and I can position it where I want, though it does tend to slide up as I walk. The only thing that would make this perfect would be if the zippers/trim were reflective so I could be more confident walking around at night.

Accell D080B-009K, PowerSquid 5-Outlet Surge Protector with Power Conditioner - 600 Joules, 6-Foot (1.8-Meter) Cord, Black, ETL Listed
Price: Click here to see our price
29 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 17, 2015
Nice long cable, but a little heavier than I was expecting. Working well. I would order it again.

Dead and Buried (A Benjamin January Mystery Book 9)
Dead and Buried (A Benjamin January Mystery Book 9)
Price: $8.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Always fun, February 19, 2014
Benjamin January in another adventure, This time you get to learn more about Hannibal's youth, with maybe an inkling of why he is where he is. Not as heart-rendingly amazing as Sold Down the River, but a solid murder mystery with characters you care about.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not match photo, May 15, 2013
The garment I received didn't have gathers sewn like the sample photo. There is a very thick and uncomfortable gather down the center, then a number of random, ugly tucks here and there. The inside front is self-lined down to about the waist, which means that the whole dress hangs funny. I don't know if this is defective or what, but it's going back.
Comment Comment | Permalink

TripIt: Travel Organizer No Ads
TripIt: Travel Organizer No Ads
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful tho sometimes a little oversharing, December 5, 2011
I've been using the ad-supported version for a while. I like that it grabs trip info directly from my emails so I don't have to enter it manually all the time. I'm less happy that it automatically shares my trip with my circle. But since I get to approve everyone there, and I'm very selective with that, it's not a Showstopper.

I'm glad to get rid of the ads!

Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)
Plants vs. Zombies (WiFi Download Only)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive, June 2, 2011
Runs well on my G2X. It is a strategy game where you pick the plants and use them to defend your home from various types of zombies. Cute and fun, a good combination of strategy and action for folks like me who are too old to play first person shooters!

Solio Mono Emergency Hybrid Solar Charger
Solio Mono Emergency Hybrid Solar Charger
Offered by Payless 'N Save
Price: $12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Best if you live near the equator, August 2, 2010
I received my Solio Mono as a promotion from my local public radio station. My box came with: a hemp bag, instructions, carabiner, AC cable plus 4 changeable prongs, USB cable (for charging the Solio), charging cable that connects to the charge tips, and 4 tips: female USB, mini-USB, micro-USB, and a Sanyo 6 tip. There are additional tips available from Solio's website if none of these will work for you.

The micro-USB tip attaches directly to my phone, and I use the USB female tip to charge my iPod Touch via its USB cable. You can use it to charge anything that has a USB charging cable, so that's really handy. My AC adapter came with interchangeable prongs for the USA, Australia/NZ, UK/Europe, and those round prongs possibly used in Asia, which is really neat. I have a trip to NZ planned, and I'll take the Solio instead of my devices' respective charging paraphernalia. While this means I can charge only one device at a time, I can charge one device overnight while the device is plugged in (and charging itself too), then charge the other device during the day while it and the Solio are stowed in my backpack!

Note: you can't charge a laptop or any heavy power usage items with the Solio. It's designed for "personal electronics" like cellphones and MP3 players. It will work with digital cameras that can charge via USB, they say on their website.

The thing that loses Solio points is solar charging. I've owned it for 4 days and it charges very slowly using just the sun. I've had it outdoors on my sunny porch for a couple of days and it's only gotten one "tick" of charge. Now, I live in the Northeast US, and that spot gets direct sunlight only in the afternoon. Both days have been partially cloudy, but this seems sad. At this point I'm ready to ask for some sort of protective cover for the solar cell and just use it as a charger/spare battery! Solio claims it takes 20 hours to get a full charge, but unless you're under ideal conditions it's going to take much longer. So can't recommend that anyone count on it for seriously charging a device using only the sun. If that's your need, you should go for Solio Universal Hybrid Solar Charger, which is heavier but has 3 collectors instead of just 1.

So I like it as a travel charger and emergency battery. I don't think you can expect to reduce your energy use and count on getting any significant charging from the sun, unless you live in a sunnier clime and can keep it in stronger sunlight more of the day. You might get enough charge for an emergency call, or to keep a device topped off, so it's better than not having a solar collector, I guess. But if you have multiple devices that you travel with, and you'd like to have some spare charge and not carry all those different charge plugs, then this might be useful for you.

Solio Mono-A Hybrid Solar Charger
Solio Mono-A Hybrid Solar Charger
Offered by Green Planet Collections
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, more useful if you live near the equator, August 2, 2010
This review is from: Solio Mono by Solio (Sports)
I received my Solio Mono as a promotion from my local public radio station. My box came with everything listed here, but is bright red instead of black. (My carabiner is dark metallic blue, if you care.) The device is lightweight but I'm worried that the solar collector would get scratched up if I were to attach it to the outside of a backpack or something.

Plant Nanny 8200 Vacation Pack
Plant Nanny 8200 Vacation Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and effective, October 10, 2009
I ordered the Plant Nanny Vacation Pack in July. As folks recommended, I soaked the terra cotta spikes in water before putting them into my planters. They're quite effective and kept my plants alive when I was on a 1-week vacation. Actually, I'm so happy with them that I left them in and use them now as the primary way to water my plants. One of my planters loses moisture really easily, and that one I put two spikes into plus I water it on warm sunny afternoons.

I use 1-liter soda bottles in mine. I put dilute plant food into the bottles, so my plants get food with their water all the time.

One of the 6 spikes arrived broken. The shipper had no problem with sending me a replacement. The replacement was a different style; the 6 in the pack had longer, conical inserts with a single hole. The new one is slightly wider, with two straight prongs and a lot more space for water to move. I haven't used the replacement yet since I really only needed 5 spikes for the patio planters, but I am planning to use it on a indoor plant in a week or so.

If you think you'll need 3 or more spikes, I encourage you to buy this multi-pack. At the time I bought it, it was a better per-spike price and you have some leeway if any arrive damaged.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6