Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for dragonfly > Reviews

Browse

dragonfly's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dragonfly RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Celestine Prophecy
The Celestine Prophecy
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars and I thought it was great at the time, June 1, 2015
A fast pace read with several cliffhangers that move the book along. I had read it when it first came out, and I thought it was great at the time, just thinking of it as a fiction book. Now, years later (reading it again) I truly understand the message and how it could be more fact than fiction if one truly looks at their own life. It is definitely something to ponder.

The Strangers: The Books of Elsewhere: Volume 4
The Strangers: The Books of Elsewhere: Volume 4
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the three books before, July 25, 2014
Just like the three books before, Strangers: vol. 4 of the Elsewhere books is excellent. The characters are so well defined they flow seamlessly through the story, each of them contributing to the continual suspense, creepiness and humor. This series of books is a must for children and adults who enjoy a good mystery that has a way of keeping you on the edge of your seat.

Pretty Little Liars
Pretty Little Liars
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 10, 2013
I liked it. I've read better teen books and I've read a lot worse. There are more in the series, but the first one didn't motivate me enough to read the next one.

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 3)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 3)
Offered by Scholastic Trade Publisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, March 10, 2013
Not as exciting as the first two, but for a conclusion it was very good. If it was too exciting then it would require a 4th book.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 2)
Offered by Scholastic Trade Publisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 10, 2013
All three in this series are great. But I feel because of the subject matter they are best read by those who are 15 or over. With the world we live in kids are exposed to enough. The idea of kids killing kids should be left for an older set. An eleven year old who read the first one said "But hey have to because they need food" There is no justification for killing another unless you are protecting your own life which is what they are doing, but if everyone refused to do it in the first place then there would have been no hunger games. That is a concept an older person would know.

Around Again
Around Again
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Around Again (Kindle Edition)
Very different style of writing. The writing itself is excellent, but not being used to that style made me take a lot longer to get through the book. I like a story that is exciting or pulls me in because of the characters. This book doesn't do that for me at least.

Beautiful Creatures
Beautiful Creatures

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, March 10, 2013
The story is probably a good one, but I don't care for the writing. It has too much extra fluff that is not needed. I can put it down for days without thinking about it. I like books that at least hold my interest.

Demonglass: A Hex Hall Novel
Demonglass: A Hex Hall Novel
Offered by Disney Book Group

5.0 out of 5 stars Demon Glass, May 3, 2012
I couldn't wait to read this book, the second one in the Hex Trilogy. Just like Hex, it draws you in and you are hooked. I couldn't put it down. It is a must read for all who enjoy funny, yet intriguing books with a supernatural flare. It's a keeper.

Along for the Ride
Along for the Ride
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Along for the Ride, May 3, 2012
Throughly enjoyed this book. It touches on many problems teens as well as adults have in their lives. It is well written and draws you into the characters immediately.

The Nine Lives of Chloe King: The Fallen; The Stolen; The Chosen
The Nine Lives of Chloe King: The Fallen; The Stolen; The Chosen
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Nine Lives of Chloe King, May 3, 2012
I did like this book and enjoyed reading it, but it wasn't a book that I was obsessed with and couldn't put down. More or less like something you'd pick up to read at the beach.

Page: 1 | 2