Profile for Christopher M. Lee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher M. Lee "old old school" RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Luddite When It Comes to Social Media, January 29, 2014
and this book really turned around my POV on social a full 180 degrees.

The main message, that Gary (and his co-author, the wonderful Stephanie Land) distills: these apps are tools. If you use them properly, natively, in their proper context, then you can build real, human relationships with anyone in the world.

Wacom Tech Corp. Bamboo Stylus for iPad/Tablets
Wacom Tech Corp. Bamboo Stylus for iPad/Tablets
Offered by Zouk
Price: $18.90
27 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stylus, good weight, July 17, 2013
A good stylus. I wish it would write a little bit smaller, as I'm a tiny writer. However, it definitely gets the job done. And there's good balance and weight to this pen, which I like.

QQ-Tech® Removable Detachable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard PU Leather Case Tablet Stand for Apple iPad Mini & New iPad Mini 2 With Retina Display W Smart Cover Wake Sleep Function - Red
Offered by Sparkling Tech
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $24.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good you get what you pay for, July 17, 2013
It was cheap, you get what you pay for. Basically I just needed something to transport my iPad Mini. The keyboard works okay, sometimes doesn't react when you hit the space bar. You can't do serious writing on it, but in a pinch... it works. I wish it stood up properly.

HOLLYWOOD HUCKSTER - A Memoir of Hysterical Proportions
HOLLYWOOD HUCKSTER - A Memoir of Hysterical Proportions
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A true-to-life glimpse into the Hollywood Machine, June 1, 2013
Hollywood Huckster is a true Hollywood tale about this feast-or-famine industry. With the writing gigs and sweet perks came drugs, philandering, and abuse. Garber's honest discord is refreshing and fun. He doesn't attempt to sugarcoat failures or glitz up the struggles as he writes about his writing partner, Kevin Hartigan, a dislikable guy with moments of empathy and compassion.

Most telling is that Garber takes himself out of the majority of the scenes and focuses on Kevin's tale. It's clear that Garber cares deeply for his partner as he does his writing career. That David's career survives despite the inevitable implosion of their partnership is admirable.

HH is a book for anyone looking for a glimpse to the halcyon days of Hollywood, looked not through a lens of bling and glamour, but of refreshing humility.

Griffin Technology 4030-ROAD RoadTrip FM Transmitter and Auto Charger and Cradle for iPod
7 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This Product Broke My Ipod, June 9, 2009
This product broke my iPod. Which is only the first of my complaints.
I had a 1st generation ipod mini which lasted me 5 years and counting. I loved that thing. I started using it in conjunction with the Griffin, to listen to audio books on my way to work.
After about a week, I noticed distorted sound coming from my iPod. Not only when it was hooked up to the Griffin, but when I was using it with my headphones.
The mini is effectively dead, and I had to buy a new iPod.
Couple other notes:
- The Griffin was extremely unstable while plugged in. It took some serious handling to get it to fit just right into my car, and I still hit the thing every time I shifted into 3rd (I drive a manual Corolla S.)
- Every time I hit a bump, the iPod would come disconnected, and I'd have to hit "Play" to start it again.
- However, I never had a problem with getting a frequency that worked with my iPod.
I'm so dissatisfied with this product, I can't with good conscience sell it to someone else, for fear of it ruining their iPod.
Do yourself a favor. Don't buy.

The Self-Publishing Manual : How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book, 15th Ed. (Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print, & Sell Your Own Book)
by Dan Poynter
93 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Will Create Foundation But Oversimplifies, June 9, 2009
I've personally spoken with Poynter, and it's clear he knows his stuff. We talked about his "binder system," and how to take advantage of digital tools to market and promote your book.
With that said, this book is a little outdated, and he makes the whole process sound much simpler than it really is.
You'll think, "Oh, I'll just start collecting information, put it into order, then I'll be ready to publish!"
It's not that easy, and Poynter makes it sound like if you read this book, it will be.
Don't buy into the magic bullet nature of the book. It's helpful, and it offers some nuggets of wisdom. But be ready to keep working, writing, and learning more about the self-publishing business - especially the way the Internet is changing the game.

ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief
ExOfficio Men's GiveNGo Boxer Brief
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary For World/Extended Travel, June 8, 2009
The ExOfficio Boxer Brief is the best underwear out there. Period.
Get over the price-scare - yes, $25 is a lot of money for underwear, but they're well worth it.
Fits well, reduces chafing, wicks sweat, fights odor.
You can live on two pairs of these - wash one at night, wear the other. Wrap it in a towel, stomp dry - should be ready in a few hours.
I purchased a medium and a small. I'm 5'7" tall, 30" waist, and the small is a better fit.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2013 1:33 PM PDT

Icebreaker Men's Bodyfit 150 Ultralite Short Sleeve Atlas T-Shirt
Icebreaker Men's Bodyfit 150 Ultralite Short Sleeve Atlas T-Shirt

4.0 out of 5 stars Icebreaker Never Disappoints, June 8, 2009
Icebreaker never disappoints.
The shirt is 100% merino wool, so it rarely smells (even after extended use) and dries quickly. Simply rinse under cold water, then wrap in a towel (burrito-style) and stomp afterwards. Hang in a well-ventilated area, should be dry in a few hours.
Why not 5-stars? I prefer Ice Breaker SuperFine140 Tech T Lite over the Atlas. The former fits more like a casual t-shirt, while the Atlas is definitely more fitted.
I am 5'7", and purchased a small. Fits true to size for athletic garb.