Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th
Profile for J. Griesse > Reviews

Browse

J. Griesse's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Griesse RSS Feed (Midwest)

Page: 1 | 2
Canon CLI-226 4546B007 with PP-201 50 Sheets Combo Pack-Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow
Price: $44.99
87 used & new from $39.89

3.0 out of 5 stars These cartridges are NOT enough!, March 11, 2016
This item is not enough. After getting this printer, buying this set of ink cartridge/tanks (Who calls them tanks?!?), installing everything, hooking everything up, I find that there is ANOTHER cartridge that you need, a PGI225pgbk. I am sure it will all work just fine after I run to a local store to buy ANOTHER Canon cartridge after spending $40 on these.

I guess I'll have to pay Canon's ransom if I ever want to print or scan again!

INST Solar Powered LED String Light, Ambiance Lighting, 54.5ft 17m 100 LED Solar Fairy String Lights for Outdoor, Gardens, Homes, Christmas Party (Warm white)
Offered by INST
Price: $30.00
2 used & new from $12.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution! Just what I wanted., November 16, 2014
I was very skeptical when I first saw these. The box from the manufacturer looked small and cheap so I was really worried when they arrived. Now after two nights of use, I am very pleased.
I wanted something very simple to use on the railings of our rented townhouse. I also did not want something that we had to remember to turn on and off for the next 6-7 weeks that was plugged in sucking up more electricity. The set up was simple and after one sunny day the lights came on automatically once it got dark. My wife did not like the blinking mode, so we left them on the fully lit mode. They were still on at 6:00AM! They are not big or flashy, just simple and easy. Just what I was looking for.

ClosetMaid 8923 Stackable 31-Inch Wide Horizontal Organizer, Espresso
ClosetMaid 8923 Stackable 31-Inch Wide Horizontal Organizer, Espresso
Offered by Great Household
Price: $14.61
21 used & new from $14.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great from a distance... finished look? Fail., August 20, 2014
We chose this option mainly because of the price and our experience with the smaller, lighter, balsa-wood-like shoe racks that we've had in the past. The ClosetMaid also SEEMS to have a more "finished look" so we felt it would work at our front entrance where we get the most foot traffic and have the clutter of shoes 24-7.

The product arrived on time via UPS, double boxed. Upon removing the four pressed-wood pieces, two were scratched (4-inch + scratches) and one board had a "dent" on the bottom. The pre-drilled holes were also very rough and the espresso laminate was torn away exposing the light-colored pressed wood underneath.

All the contents were there and assembly was simple, but the screws did not sink flush to the surface. I tried to over-tighten one screw so that the screw head didn't protrude from the side... crack, crack... the pressed wood started to strip so I stopped. Of the eight screws only two were properly countersinked (countersunk?). The finishing step was pressing the little plastic caps on to cover the silver screw heads. Since the screws are not countersinked, the caps pop off. Two of the caps could not stand up to the pressure of being pressed into the screw head. Bummer. You really notice the 2-5 silver screw heads (depending on whether you find the black caps when they fall out).

So it works. Three stars = "It's okay." It's a shelf for shoes. But what is missing is the attention to detail. Our brand new ClosetMaid espresso-finish shoe rack looks banged up and used, with silver screw heads sticking out on the surface and a big scratch that we masked with a Sharpie. Three stars, ClosetMaid.

Alife Men's Kennedy High Sneaker,Black,12 M US
Alife Men's Kennedy High Sneaker,Black,12 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Good thing they were clearance priced, August 12, 2012
I regularly look for clearance priced shoes on amazon.com trolling for excellent deals rather than buying full price. It helps me stay on budget and add/replace a pair now and then. I was excited when I saw these because of their price and the style. I found them comfortable the first few times I wore them although the footbed is pretty firm. I ordered them half a size larger (US size 12) so a $1 air sole solved that. The fit seems true (slightly larger?) mainly because of the neoprene liner and soft leather (faux?). After two months, the white rubber sole has grayed a bit (which is good in my opinion) and I can see the slightest separation (like a black line) between the tread and the actual sole/footbed. I'd have to go down to one star if this actually comes apart. We'll see.

I like the style. They are comfortable (half-size larger with an air sole insert). They were inexpensive. I would not pay more.

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Close My Eyes caught my eyes..., August 12, 2012
This review is from: Close My Eyes (MP3 Music)
Music speaks to the spirit. The simplicity of this track spoke to me at the start... almost a lament framed with a folk-Americana banjo and female vocals. This track slowly builds however adding the weight of acoustic guitar, more volume, electric guitar... enough to make you nod to the rhythm by the end. Great introduction to a new artist (new to me!). A taste of something original enough to make me intrigued about The Fourth Wall and the Vespers. Just saw this in with the freebees and I'm glad I did.

Hip Hop 90s Vol.5
Hip Hop 90s Vol.5
Price: $5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars COVER CRAP, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Hip Hop 90s Vol.5 (MP3 Music)
Wow. This is terrible. Listen, lame cover band wannabes, "Before you try to spit someone else's rhymes, I suggest you learn the words first." How on earth did they get to volume FIVE? It sounds like they stopped rehearsing halfway through volume ONE.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of all the crappy cover music amazon.com is "hawking" these days. Enough.

New Balance Men's MR580 Running Shoe,Grey,14 4E US
New Balance Men's MR580 Running Shoe,Grey,14 4E US

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT WOMEN'S!!! Order men's sizes., November 5, 2011
These shoes looked like a great bargain... they are NOT women's shoes. I can't review the shoes because they fall off my feet after on step! Thankfully I have a brother who wears a size 14 (13 1/2 really) so they are now his. Nothing more annoying than ordering a product, waiting with anticipation until it arrives (having passed on other good deals), only to receive something different than you ordered. Very disappointing.

Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones (Colors May Vary)
Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones (Colors May Vary)

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: These will eventually break!, February 19, 2010
I had these headphones for about 2 months and they seemed to work OK although the volume was a little weak while I ran and they seemed to rest on my neck instead of up near the base of my skull. Oh well, right. They were light weight and synced fine with my inexpensive Samsung phone/mp3 player.

Then one day the buttons for the volume,skip fwrd or bkwd, or answer a call stopped working properly. I'd be running along and the volume would go down on it's own or the volume would spike up. I usually had to have the volume cranked except for a few podcasts. It's fun to hear yelling in your ear while you exercise. And by "fun" I mean annoying.

Contacted Motorola: "It's your phone." Nope same issue when I use them on my friend's. Motorola: "Make sure they stay dry." Duh. I'm not swimming with these. I'm using them with a cell phone, not a scuba mask. Motorola: "You'll need to return them to us and we'll upgrade the software/firmware... and you'll have to pay the S & H" No. It's the buttons. They don't work properly. Finally after a few weeks of pressing the buttons very hard to get them to respond, the volume dropped one day and never came back. The bluetooth still works. Sometimes you can answer a call, but you have to be looking at your phone to recognize that someone is calling. If the button does allow you to answer... you can't hear anything. Headphones that don't allow you to listen to anything are pretty worthless.

I passed the 3 month return window and now this ranks as one of the worst technology purchases of my life. You have been warned.

Raider MX Silver XX-Large Adult Glove
Raider MX Silver XX-Large Adult Glove

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Poor quality, January 19, 2010
I am VERY disappointed with these gloves. I bought them during the summer (not from amazon.com) as a cooler substitute to my leather Joe Rocket gloves. I am a daily motorcycle commuter, not an ATV rider. While they were cooler, and fit my hand well, they literally wore holes through the index finger tips and the stitching pulled away between the thumb and fingers. This was in a matter of three WEEKS. The cheap materials and poor construction showed. I would have been much better served by putting my money towards a quality pair that would have lasted me two or three summers.

Life Lessons: The Gospel of Matthew, Study Series
Life Lessons: The Gospel of Matthew, Study Series
by Max Lucado
Price: $9.99
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Setting things right, August 26, 2009
As a small group director for our churches (multi-site), I highly recommend this Bible study for individual or group use. We have used Life Lessons - The Gospel of John and now Life Lessons - The Gospel of Matthew. The book and study structure is basically the same throughout the series.

Each lesson takes participants through a introspective "what's your experience" section, the actual scripture text for that lesson printed in the NCV (good) and NKJV (better), open-ended discussion questions, some inspirational writing by Lucado or partner author, a "what's your response" section and finally a devotional guide for deeper study, prayer and journaling.

There isn't the need for a leader's guide and the study can be as deep or as shallow as the participants or facilitator will let it. There aren't supporting pieces of media, so at times we added DVD clips from the story of Jesus, or a theological discussion from another series and even some theatrical/interpretive reading of the text. Not necessary, but often brought new discussion and interest for some participants.

The bottom line? Our experience has shown that both new believers and life-long Christ followers find the deeper knowledge of Jesus to be transformative. Lucado helps to open that door. How can we ask people to be like Jesus if they don't know who He was as a man and as God incarnate?... if they don't know where He went, the words He spoke, the difference He made, the lives He touched?... if they don't know about His obedient death on the cross? There are TONS of different small group studies out there, but this is one of the best when it comes to digging into God's Word, specifically the Gospel of Matthew.

NOTE: The quality of the printing, legibility, binding, lay out, etc. is all exceptional. Some of the books that have not been written in by the first group were able to be reused for a second group (although I prefer that people write, take notes, fill in the answers in the book). They wore very well over months of use.

Page: 1 | 2