Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 Songs of Summer  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Chapman Tucker > Reviews

Browse

Chapman Tucker's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chapman Tucker "RobinBird" RSS Feed

Beethoven: Sonatas for Violin & Piano, Nos. 5 & 9
Beethoven: Sonatas for Violin & Piano, Nos. 5 & 9
20 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, September 29, 2008
I am a long time fan of Zino and have never been disappointed with any album or CD I have purchased of him performing and this was no exception. I knew I would love his rendition of the 2nd movement of The Kreutzer Sonata because I have always admired his trills--again, I was not disappointed! This and the 1st movement of "Spring" are my favorites on the CD! Zino's playing is ALWAYS beautiful and even though he executes the Kreutzer Sonata with appropriate fury and anxiety--it's gorgeous! Milstein's version is divine but Zino's a completely different style of divine..well worth the listen!

Handel: Complete Violin Sonatas
Handel: Complete Violin Sonatas
17 used & new from $0.45

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, September 29, 2008
I found these Sonatas incredibly boring to play and Manze pumped new life into them. I think he plays them beautifully and by listening to his interpretations it has absolutely reframed the Handel Sonatas for me. I also greatly appreciated his fine liner notes. When I first began listening I had to double check to assure it was not some sort of "digital" instrument--some of the cuts sound digitalized while some sound like a violin...this is my only problem with the CD. Some simply do not sound like a violin but like a key board trying to imitate a violin (though I know this is not so!) I have tried the CD in several different sound systems and it is the same in all and the recording simply does not do Mr. Manze's playing justice. I had packed my Handel Sonatas up long ago as uninteresting and lack luster but I am now enjoying the hell out of playing them--the problem was not in the composer but in my lack of vision and inability to "get" Handel. If you hate playing the Handel Sonatas do get this recording as this will change your entire perspective
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 10:12 AM PDT

Instrument of the Devil
Instrument of the Devil

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again Rachel has put together a "killer" CD., February 9, 2008
This review is from: Instrument of the Devil (Audio CD)
Rachel has shown excellent judgment in her choice of materials for this CD. I think Rachel breezes through these difficult pieces masterfully-her harmonics set my hair on end and give me chills. She seems to have a natural inclination for the fire of these pieces. I would love to hear her play more Liszt.

Stringendo: Storming the Citadel
Stringendo: Storming the Citadel
14 used & new from $5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite CDs, February 9, 2008
I may have to purchase a second copy of this CD as I will probably wear a hole through my copy of this one Any violinist who loves both classical and rock will fall passionately in love with this CD. Additionally this is one of my favorite versions of Paganini's 24 because of Rachel's ethereal sound. In the Passacaglia duo for violin and cello one would swear the violin and cello are having a very steamy affair. The Led Zepplin mix is mind blowing. Her first cut is a beautifulclassic rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner done Rachel style, which should remind us all how fortunate we are to have such a virtuso from the United States. Rachel is not only a marvelous violinist but a wonderful muscian as well, as she seems to come up with marvelous ideas for her CDs and has such great love and respect for music, composers and a humble desire to share.

Bach: Two Sonatas for Solo Violin / Violin Encores
Bach: Two Sonatas for Solo Violin / Violin Encores
Offered by livingroom conductor
Price: $23.95
41 used & new from $14.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to listen to!, February 9, 2008
I only recently had the pleasure of listening to any of Mr. Renardy's recordings and am so glad I had the opportunity to do so. I enjoy different violinists for different reasons and cannot say that I have a "favorite". I really enjoy Mr. Renardy's unhomogonized style--and despite that he was recording in mono he manages to get an incredible amount of tone out of his fabulous violin; one section of Ava Maria very nearly sounds like a Pipe organ. His playing is clean and unpretentious, but I guess only an unpretentious soloist would join the Army and fight during WWII.

Octagonal Glass Doorknob Set
Octagonal Glass Doorknob Set

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, July 21, 2007
These are heavy, beautiful knobs but they didn't have metal plates (rosettes) to go with them...these look just like the knobs I recollect being in my Grandmothers house as a child. Delivery was almost INSTANT.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, January 22, 2007
it was nice that the bottle sprays upside down and I liked the fact that the product "smell" disappeared after a bit and the formula was not oily afterwards, but as far as effectivness for helping pain I believe I like Icy Hot better, which is less expensive and can be picked up at the local drug store or Walmart.