Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for hampstr > Reviews

Browse

hampstr's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

hampstr RSS Feed (Santa Monica, California United States)

Page: 1 | 2

Dead, but Not for Long
Dead, but Not for Long
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars weak, September 17, 2013
Flat characters, stereotypes and major plotholes. Really not worth it - there's got to be better than this. I wasn't expecting MiraGrant but had hoped for more than what I got in this book.

Dodger
Dodger
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars delightful!, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Dodger (Kindle Edition)
Be sure to have Wikipedia open so you can look up all the fascinating characters who populate this sweet, endearing and fun tale.

Kay Thompson: From Funny Face to Eloise
Kay Thompson: From Funny Face to Eloise
by Sam Irvin
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book About A Wonderful Life, April 24, 2011
Many years ago someone gave me Kay Thompson's address and for 15 years I sent her a Christmas card thanking her for being on this planet. She never sent me one back but I never expected one. I wish I'd known her but since I didn't, I have this great book which is not as good but it helps. If you don't know who Kay Thompson is, well, you're probably not reading this. But if you do or if you don't, you should buy the book and get to know her.

Cheek to Cheek: Cook & Feinstein
Cheek to Cheek: Cook & Feinstein
Price: $12.99
34 used & new from $4.93

4.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Evening, April 24, 2011
I wasn't lucky enough to attend this performance but I'm so lucky that it's on disc and I can hear it in my living room, my car and anywhere else I want, whenever I want. If you love cabaret, or if you love great singing, you want this cd.

100 Artists of the Male Figure: A Contemporary Anthology of Painting, Drawing, and Sculpture
by Grady Harp
Price: $38.47
49 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Images, April 24, 2011
This book is terrific, filled with spectacular, sensual, artistic images. I'm the lucky owner of one of the paintings reproduced in this book so I have a vested interest in this becoming the definitive anthology of contemporary male nudes since it might increase the value of my painting. Well, it might make it a bit more valuable to my grandson who will inherit it someday. But self-interest aside, this is a great collection of art. And it's about time people started to acknowledge that there are beautiful, insightful, thought provoking images of male nudes that are not dirty pictures.

The Art of Man: Fine Art of the Male Form Quarterly Journal, Vol. 2
The Art of Man: Fine Art of the Male Form Quarterly Journal, Vol. 2
by Grady Harp
Price: $15.95
14 used & new from $14.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This, April 24, 2011
I'm a huge fan of Tony DeCarlo and the images in this magazine are wonderful. I happen to own the original of one of the paintings pictured in this issue so I'm kind of partial. But even if I didn't have that painting hanging over my bed I'd still want a copy of this magazine.

End of the Rainbow - Tracie Bennett
End of the Rainbow - Tracie Bennett
Price: $30.30
35 used & new from $3.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Jim Baily Wasn't Available?, April 24, 2011
Save your money! This cd is dreadful. It might be a fun show to see but I couldn't listen to one single track from start to finish. Seriously, Jim Baily was so much better. Go to You Tube and search Jim Baily & Carol Burnett and you'll see a far better impersonation. And frankly, I could barely endure him. Buy the Linda Eder cd instead - it's quite good and has the best version of "I'd Like To Hate Myself In The Morning" that you could hope for.

Closet Monsters: Zombied Out and Tales of Gothrotica
Closet Monsters: Zombied Out and Tales of Gothrotica
by Daniel W. Kelly
21 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars eh...., September 17, 2008
This collection was ok but the zombie story that takes up about half the book is too over-the-top.

Broadway Nights: A Romp of Life, Love, and Musical Theatre
Broadway Nights: A Romp of Life, Love, and Musical Theatre
by Seth Rudetsky
49 used & new from $2.02

4.0 out of 5 stars What Fun!, December 5, 2007
This is a really sweet, sincere, fun-loving book. If its depiction of Broadway is truly accurate, I wish I'd never left home to go to LA!

Page: 1 | 2