Profile for Bill > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill RSS Feed (Emery, SD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Antennas Direct VHF-1 VHF Retrofit Kit
Antennas Direct VHF-1 VHF Retrofit Kit
Offered by Antennas Direct
Price: $27.00
5 used & new from $21.64

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing worked perfect. Our Seattle PBS station is the only station ..., June 24, 2015
This thing worked perfect. Our Seattle PBS station is the only station in town that is VHF and low powered. We have been missing it a lot with our shift away from paying for DirecTV. With this cheap add on we get Channel 9 and we live near Tacoma.

FWIW, this is working very well with a Channel Master DVR+ recorder and tuner.

Fotasy ACLX100 Auto SELF-RETAINING Lens Cap ALC-LX100 and Cleaning Cloth for Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX100 Camera (Black)
Price: $18.22
4 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits my LX100, I can use my B+W ..., April 8, 2015
It fits my LX100, I can use my B+W ND filter and it fits in the genuine Panasonic$90 Lumix Leather Case. http://smile.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMW-CLX100K-Leather-Fitted-LX100/dp/B00QC5NT5A/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428533703&sr=1-2&keywords=lx100+case

Prest-O-Fit 1-0021 Blueline 90° Clear Hose Adapter
Prest-O-Fit 1-0021 Blueline 90° Clear Hose Adapter
Price: $10.28
15 used & new from $6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars It works perfect on my particular motorhome where the outlet is in ..., December 10, 2014
It works perfect on my particular motorhome where the outlet is in a tight space. However, buy two. The lock tabs are not so robust that, with a lot of use, won't crack.

Joby JM1-01WW  GripTight Mount (Black)
Joby JM1-01WW GripTight Mount (Black)
Price: $15.91
46 used & new from $8.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, September 13, 2014
This is too small for a Samsung Galaxy S5 in the typical Otterbox case. Since buying it, Joby has made a larger "XL" model and I have ordered it.

FWIW, this is very small, very light weight and very pocketable.

Dexter-Russell Walnut Cake Turner, 8-by-3-Inch, Stainless Steel
Dexter-Russell Walnut Cake Turner, 8-by-3-Inch, Stainless Steel
Offered by MMP Living
Price: $22.83
5 used & new from $19.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 4, 2014
Perfect for griddle cooking.

OP/TECH USA 4701202 Battery Holster - Black
OP/TECH USA 4701202 Battery Holster - Black
Price: $7.95
4 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 4, 2014
Perfect for carrying a spare batter on an Optech strap.

Premium Leather Belt Clip Pouch Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 S 5 S6 S6 Edge (Fits with Otterbox Case / Lifeproof Case / Battery Case / Armor Case On)
Offered by Alzone
Price: $8.99
6 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice case that strongly smells of mildew, September 4, 2014
This fit perfectly and looked very nice. That is not the problem.

It arrived in a sealed, clear cellophane package. I noticed it had a grayish color. When I opened the bag I got a moderately strong dose of Chinese mold or mildew. I thought I could wipe clean it. The case still smelled like mildew. My second idea was to wash it it in soap and water. Still not good. Then I soaked it in shower cleaner with bleach that said it would kill mildew and "dried" it with compressed shop air. After drying in the sun for a couple days, I strapped it on and took it on a fishing trip. Even with an outdoor breeze, it still stunk.

Note that my wife has a mildew allergy. It would not be wearable in an office environment.

I did not ask for a refund because I pretty much destroyed it trying to get it clean enough to use. I accept the $10 loss.

After the fishing trip I threw it in the trash. I bought a much more expensive OtterBox Defender from Verizon.

Levi's Men's Jeans 501 Original Fit
Levi's Men's Jeans 501 Original Fit
Price: $20.26 - $68.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi Changed the "cut".... try Carharts, June 5, 2014
I started wearing Levi's in Junior High School. I've worn them for 5 decades. That "5" is not a typo. In recent decades it has been 501s. Some wizard at Levi Strauss decided to "update the cut". That means they removed fabric to make them into "low riders". The belt line now rides where no adult male wants them to. They are uncomfortable and my shirt won't stay tucked in. They also have two less belt loops. My favorite, "wear them every day pants" have gone to hell!

It is interesting to note that some of the positive reviews have female names attached!

What to do? I was killing time in a boutique clothing store while my wife was shopping. They had a tiny men's section. I saw Carhartts on the shelf. I had nothing better to do, so I tried them on. They fit so well, I ignored the high "boutique" price. I found a little piece of heaven when I found the part number here on Amazon. Now with a 1-click finger stroke, I get a fresh pair of Carharts that are comfortable. A half dozen pairs of usable Levi's will be rotting where they are headed.

The official Amazon name is, "Carhartt Men's Rugged Work Khaki Relaxed Fit Pant" or http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085TIFCI

Note to Mr/Mrs Carhart: Thank you. I'm not likely to be a steady customer for 5 decades, but you have me for whats left. Please don't change anything.

Panasonic Lumix G Vario  14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens (Black)
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens (Black)
Price: $549.00
13 used & new from $449.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lens for me, June 5, 2014
I bought this at the last minute prior to a voyage through the Magic KIngdom gates in Orlando with teen granddaughters. It is lighter and smaller than I expected. The zoom range is wonderful. It only leaves my GX7 when I need the Lumix 100-300.

In 35mm equivalent math, this functions as a 28 to 280. With the Panasonic cameras there is an optional "Ex Tele Conv" choice the almost doubles the telephoto to about the equivalent of 500mm for JPEGs and video. (It does not work for RAW shooting.)

Do not buy the f/4.0 version. Although cheaper, it is bigger and heavier.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 7:13 AM PDT

Opteka TH40 Magnesium Alloy Ball Head with Quick Release Plate for Tripods and Monopods
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my M43, June 5, 2014
I use a monopod and get better use out of it with a Ball Head. I bought a larger camera and my Giotto, although perfect for my smaller camera, it was not quite enough for a M43 Panasonic GX7 with 100-300 lens. The Opteka TH40 is just the right size. It is not expensive as Ball Heads tend to be, but it is well made and functions smoothly. I like it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5