Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Mathew > Reviews

Browse

Mathew's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mathew RSS Feed (Vermont, USA)

Mountain Crest Digital Tire Gauge - Accurate Pressure Readings To Prevent Blowouts and To Keep You Safe

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this product at a fairly chap price (under $10) and I have to say that I am more than happy with the quality of this ti, December 22, 2014
Some of the reviews for these products are astounding in their credulity - any multi-purpose device will have tradeoffs in comparison to the individual tools. Consider them as I have - as a bonus added to the device you purchased. I didn't have a glass breaker, screw driver, pair of scissors, a wrench or any sort of screwdriver in my car beforehand, now I can say that I do.

I bought this product at a fairly chap price (under $10) and I have to say that I am more than happy with the quality of this tire gauge - it does its job spectacularly well and I haven't had the gauge be off like I have with other monitors. All of the added features to this device were a bonus for me - I'm not sure that I will ever need any of them and I don't plan on even adding a AAA battery for the flashlight, but I'm glad that they're there as an option.

Sony DSC-TX30/D 18 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.3-Inch OLED (Orange)
Price: $229.99
4 used & new from $229.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture great, glass not so much., September 8, 2014
Picture quality, color is great, but I am disappointed by the glass quality. There seems to be a very slim (if any) coating on the camera and the piece scratches easily. The camera fell about 8 inches through water and onto a river bed and when it came up it looked as if it had been put into a rock tumbler for 30 seconds - all scratched up, and not just lightly - these were deep, heavy gouges on what were smooth river rocks. This would not be as bad as all that (after all, the price is on the cheap end and this is an outdoor camera - wear should be expected) except there is no view finder.

Overall the camera functions are great, the durability not so much. If you get I would take extra care of the glass.

Raise the Red Lantern
Raise the Red Lantern
DVD ~ Gong Li
Offered by haven89
Price: $94.95
11 used & new from $33.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, Horrible DVD Transfer!, March 22, 2006
This review is from: Raise the Red Lantern (DVD)
I knew it. From the moment I saw the distributor's clip play in front of the title screen, I just knew that this transfer was going to be crap - I was not disappointed in this respect. The sound? Like it was recorded from an oscillating speaker. The picture? I am convinced that someone personally applied scratches, grit and god knows what else to each and every frame - they might have also bleached it as the colors are both dull and overblown at once. And the sub-titles? Prease, do not odd started me get mister.

All I can say is what a shame, what a disappointment! Raise the Red Lantern is a wonderful film which I would recommend to anyone, however this DVD is appalling. I'm not alone in this feeling, as you can read for yourself in the other reviews. All I can do is caution any of you interested in watching this movie to try for the VHS version and avoid the DVD at all costs and hope for the day that this wonderful film is finally given a proper DVD treatment.

Gamecube Memory Card 59
Gamecube Memory Card 59
Offered by Milford Stanley
Price: $25.15
62 used & new from $0.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite worth the money for the price, January 9, 2003
You won't have any troubles using this device with your system unless you buy a game like Animal Crossing, a game which uses all but one slot on the entire memory card . If you're a gamer and you're looking to spend as few dollars as possible do yourself a favor and purchase the Memory Card 251 right off the bat to prevent you from buying several of the 59's over the next few years.

Have You Fed the Fish
Have You Fed the Fish
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $4.49
117 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Pop gone all wrong, January 9, 2003
This review is from: Have You Fed the Fish (Audio CD)
A rather disappointed buyer, I am left with the bitter realisation that Damon Gough's second full-length album is indeed sophomoric- it is an overconfident offering which is all over the place, reflecting poorly on Gough's maturity as an artist.
I have listened through the album four times now and yet I keep coming back to my initial thoughts; playing the CD for the first time I thought the intro to be quirky (hey, that's what BDB is known for after all) and I thought the second song to be lacking- I was hoping the album would pick up soon after. I was met with more of the same, to tell the truth. The first half of the CD feels like you're listening to the same song over and over and you begin to wonder if this is a cruel joke the artist has played, perhaps a jab at how many people can't distinguish one boy band from the next; the second half feels like the first, only to a different beat. The lyrics are poppy and rather uninspired, and yet the actual arrangement of the music is dazzling, going from strings to trumpets, back to a synth: it is all very dizzying.
Overall I feel that this album could have done with a better producer- someone willing to see Gough as a great artist who should be left to do his work, only stepping in when Gough's eccentricities go out of hand. Please, save your money and borrow this CD first. If you're want to buy a Badly Drawn Boy CD, please go and do yourself a favour and purchase Hour of the Bewilderbeast.

The War of the Roses
The War of the Roses
DVD ~ Michael Douglas
60 used & new from $1.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Comedy at its best, August 9, 2002
This review is from: The War of the Roses (DVD)
Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas star in this movie with a chemistry greater than either of their previous films together, namely Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. Their shared screen time is filled with a frenzied mixture of passion, anger, lust, devotion, and resentment, a relationship that, however abstract and unrealistic it is skewed in this movie, reflects what's left of a lot of relationships once the lust leaves the marriage, or once a couple finally spends some time together (i.e. after the kids have left the nest).
It has been a long standing joke that once the kids go to college or leave the nest, many spouses find themselves wondering: "Who the hell did I marry?" Things that were never noticed now are found nagging; a sensitive husband suddenly becomes controlling; a neat homemaker suddenly becomes obsessively compulsive; a mother, now that her duties are cut, becomes anxious to get out of the house. This is exactly what this movie relates, from the Roses' passionate meeting, to their years of "struggle" as Douglas' character builds his career to support his growing family, to their subsequent wealth and success, and finally a lull is reached when they are wealthy and suceessful, yet they have nowhere seemingly left to go.
One of the things that a lot of viewers seemingly miss while watching the movie is the greater picture- the Rose's marriage was one built on attraction and lust. While that has been enough to sustain many marriages, this is not the case here. After the lust leaves the marriage the couple begins to notice every irritating thing the other half does, which is what happens in a lot of marriages. The difference here is that their personalities, both being uncompromising, ambitious, and, yes, more than a tad sadistic, cause Turner's and Douglas' characters to take things past the point where any realisic (i.e. amiable) seperation is possible.
Perhaps it is just me, but if anything I find this movie to affirm marriage, as long as it takes place out of mutual love and respect, not just lust. Sure this movie delivers plenty of shock power and may leave you with a feeling of bitterness, but overall this, as Devito's character (a lawyer and the narrator) mentions, is a "cautionary tale." Keep that in mind and you will find yourself wriggling in your seat with laughter and shock from the onscreen antics as Douglas and Turner terrorize each other onscreen.