Profile for Mr23 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr23 RSS Feed (MN, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Electric Snow Thrower, 24 In.
Electric Snow Thrower, 24 In.

4.0 out of 5 stars Holding up. Keep the batteries balanced, October 16, 2014
This review is from: Electric Snow Thrower, 24 In.
I purchased one a few years ago, and continue to use it. As delivered the batteries were not well matched in capacity. This shortens the units run time and can shorten the lifetime of the batteries due to a non-balancing charger. I had the batteries replaced right away, and checked the new set as matched in capacity. It has had enough capacity for a 50' double wide driveway, sidewalk, and clearing the street on the plow-approach side (I have a corner lot) about a car length.

Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick, Unscented, 2.25-Ounce Stick (Pack of 6)
Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant Stick, Unscented, 2.25-Ounce Stick (Pack of 6)
Price: $21.92
19 used & new from $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, July 12, 2014
This product is expensive and only lasts for a few hours.

Brushed Nickel Pull-Down Faucet w/ Optional Deck Plate
Brushed Nickel Pull-Down Faucet w/ Optional Deck Plate

1.0 out of 5 stars Faucet seemed great, hose sprung a leak 2 months after installation., March 23, 2014
Update: CS@Italia reports they are legally restricted to not support Fontaine warranty claims. They did offer a discount on a replacement purchase, and they deal in 3 levels of product (high end, a medium level, and the cheaper Chinese imports).

Original post: Company Fontaine went out of business. Many reviews on the Internet of bad hoses in a couple flexible hose equipped faucets.
An importer, Italia Faucets, bought the brand name. That company 'appeared' after Fontaine 'disappeared'.
From internet research the hardware are made in Asia region, and sell through Home Depot, Walmart, etc.
Sent contact to CS@ItaliaFaucets.com, let's see what they do, or if a replacement is any better quality. Found one record stating they won't warranty claims prior to Nov '13, despite setting up in March/May and overtaking Fontaine.
Meanwhile, shop local for a replacement hose, and contact Costco to let them know they sold me another poor product, and will they refund my purchase. I wish CostCo would only deal with quality products, with a reasonable volume discount. [Update: CostCo will cover the cost of a replacement hose, or refund the fixture if it is returned]
[see comment #1] has more information on Fontaine, but just search the web for Andrew Martin, Fontaine, and Amelia Kwik with Italia Faucets. Both were/are importers of cheap Chinese plumbing fixtures, according to what I found. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of those statements, but I have one defective unit from Fontaine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 5:39 PM PDT

La Crosse Technology BC500 Alpha Power Rechargeable Battery Charger with Car Adapter
Price: $30.25
71 used & new from $28.58

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable charger, and overheats some batteries, June 29, 2013
I am quite disappointed with this product. When charging Eneloops, sometimes they are called defective, even in the middle of a charge. I'm still using these same batteries after 2 years now. It is not helpful coming back hours later and finding one a defect and incompletely charged.

Sometimes it overheats batteries, and not just AAA Energizers. I'll find one still charging at 1.45V+, and quite warm to the touch. I don't trust this charger to leave it unsupervised. In fact I use it with a Belkin Conserve to make sure it stops charging all batteries.

To summarize: unreliable, and potentially shortens battery lifetime by overheating them

If Paul Allen's KS project is successfully delivered, and he follows up with the 4-cell version, I plan to buy his product. [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 9:08 AM PDT

Newman's Own Organics Pretzels, Spelt, 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Newman's Own Organics Pretzels, Spelt, 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
Price: $27.48
8 used & new from $27.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Misrepresented or inaccurate product, March 12, 2013
The Spelt product listing States it is wheat free.
The box of product received today states Contains: Wheat, and, Manufactured on equipment that processes products containing wheat.
The bag artwork doesn't match the Amazon product photo.

Those of us with wheat allergies are not happy with this product.

Photo(s) posted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2013 2:25 PM PST

Lucy's Gluten Free Brownie Cakes (8.2oz)
Lucy's Gluten Free Brownie Cakes (8.2oz)

2.0 out of 5 stars A little dry and crumbly, March 6, 2013
As a baked good these are disappointing. My package was purchased in a brick-n-mortar store and is dated May 2013.
Of the four packages of two cakes each, the first two were as briefly described, not moist, a little crumbly, but otherwise held together okay. They tasted fine. I prefer Udi's frozen muffins, but these Lucy's would be better packaging for a lunch - if you could open them easily. I had to use scissors to open some of the packages. Defeats the purpose as a portable snack.

My biggest problem for them is that the last 2 packages (of the 4) had mold on the cakes when I opened them. Note these are months from expiration. I don't plan to repurchase them. Now I wish I had looked the first 2 packages over more closely, but I'm pretty sure they were not moldy, and least not obviously like the last ones. Check 'customer pictures' for shots taken today.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2013 4:04 PM PDT

Case-Mate Tough Case for HTC Sensation - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black
Case-Mate Tough Case for HTC Sensation - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard shell broke, membrane stretched, February 21, 2013
I've had mine over a year now. Although I did like it initially, and has served the purpose of protecting the phone, the case has developed some problems.

A portion of the thin section of the hard shell next to the volume buttons has broken off, and has a sharp corner on it that catches on clothing/etc.

The membrane has stretched, no longer fitting the phone well, bulging out at the ends. This causes the microphone to be shielded, muffling speech. I couldn't adjust the membrane position to allow the microphone clear access, and it wouldn't stay in such a contrived position anyway.

I expected more life out of this case.

Orgran Shortbread Hearts, 5.2-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 7)
Orgran Shortbread Hearts, 5.2-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 7)
Price: $22.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than many others!, February 15, 2013
There aren't many great gluten-free choices out there, and items w/o gluten, dairy, soy and egg are more scarce ignoring taste.

These cookies not only are the best we've found, we took a chance and ordered them in this bulk order with delivery for St. Valentine's Day. So my Valentine and I have enjoyed them since, dipping our hearts in chocolate is even more special.

Sylvania SA135 10 Amp Table-Top Timer with Motion Sensor and Alarm
Sylvania SA135 10 Amp Table-Top Timer with Motion Sensor and Alarm
Offered by arpss
Price: $14.00
33 used & new from $13.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, January 26, 2013
After a little over 1 year, one of two units stopped switching the outlet on/off. The 'controller' works, but the switched outlet doesn't.
Unit arrived with a bad coin cell battery, too.
I recommend Amazon pull these off the market. Too many fail, and one reviewer indicated possibility of fire.

Oh, and the description still says there is an untimed outlet on the side. Neither of my units has the outlet, which I did want to use to charge a cell phone.

Disney Game Changers 4-Movie Collection (Angels in the Outfield / Angels in the Infield / Angels in the Endzone / Perfect Game)
DVD ~ Angels in the Outfield
Price: $9.90
33 used & new from $4.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, January 13, 2013
My daughter is a big fan of baseball movies, and for Xmas she was hoping for a copy of the first movie. We elected to surprise her with this set instead. Of course she watched them all over the break, and due to her nature she found enjoyment in all of them. Her favorite is the original.

Get all 4 for the price of 2, and save on packaging as they are held in one case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4