Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Andromeda Eve > Reviews

Browse

Andromeda Eve's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andromeda Eve RSS Feed

Fascination
Fascination
DVD

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 14, 2015
This review is from: Fascination (Amazon Video)
Boring and lame.

Orthaheel Women's Black Geneva 8 B(M) US
Orthaheel Women's Black Geneva 8 B(M) US

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Arch Support, March 23, 2015
I have plantar faciitis in my left foot, and these slippers are very comfortable. They are worth the price, because they provide excellent arch support. Recommended.

The Outsiders - Teacher Guide (Novel Units)
The Outsiders - Teacher Guide (Novel Units)
by Novel Units Inc.
Price: $11.99
22 used & new from $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated for today's classroom, March 23, 2015
This book is outdated, and does not really align with the Common Core. There are critical thinking questions, summaries, and tons of vocabulary but overall there is nothing special. I would not recommend it.

Let the Old Dreams Die
Let the Old Dreams Die
by John Ajvide Lindqvist
21 used & new from $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Let the Old Dreams Die (Paperback)
This is the kind of writing that every author only dreams that they will someday achieve. The stories are magical and Lindqvist's style of writing is fresh and unique. Like most of the people who left reviews here, I originally bought this book to see what happened to Eli and Oskar. Oddly, of all the stories, I found that one to be one of the least satisfying. It did not have the resolution that I thought it would, and I do not think it really explained the fate of the two characters.

But that is more of a nitpick than a real negativity. My favorite story was "Border", but I don't want to reveal any spoilers at all so I can't even tell you why I liked it so much. Hint: it is a story about forest folk that very rarely get stories told about them. A must read.

Claudia Stevens Cover That Gray Black Fill-In Powder
Claudia Stevens Cover That Gray Black Fill-In Powder
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions
Price: $9.42
5 used & new from $9.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 18, 2014
I have white roots and color my hair dark black, and desperately needed a fill-in powder that would keep me from looking like Cruella DeVil in between hair colorings. This stuff is great - it looks and feels like high quality eye powder, and the brush that comes with it works well to push the product into my scalp and roots.

The powder stays put, and if I make a mistake an get a little on my forehead when applying, it comes right off with a little lotion and a towel. I have gone 2-3 days without shampooing, and the powder does not rub off on my pillow. It lasts a long time, too. I will order it again when I run out.

The Odyssey (Dover Thrift Editions)
The Odyssey (Dover Thrift Editions)
by Homer
Price: $2.70
229 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars This version is better for high school and college readers, not middle school, April 18, 2014
I usually have great luck with the Lexile levels of Dover Thrift Editions, and have been very satisfied with the versions of Little Women and Black Beauty that I bought for my middle school classroom.

Unfortunately, the Lexile level and prose of this edition was just too complex for my 12-14 years olds. In edition - the font is a 9 or 10 like Times New Roman, which is too small for the average reader. I had to send back all 12 copies.

Edwardian England: A Guide to Everyday Life, 1900-1914
Edwardian England: A Guide to Everyday Life, 1900-1914
by Evangeline Holland
Price: $15.00
23 used & new from $11.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for writers and researchers, April 18, 2014
This book has lots of great details which I never would have had the time or knowledge to compile. As an author, I needed specific information about London, society, names of stores and goods, manners, fashion etc. and this book delivers that information quite well. I only wish it was more detailed about the London neighborhoods and shopkeepers, but overall it is a valuable resource for anyone who seeks accuracy in their Edwardian, England world building.

One word of caution - this book reads more like a long essay than a chapter book. The font is odd, and the chapters have abrupt, to-the-point sentences. There are no flowery opening sentences, and both headings and sub-headings are buried in with the rest of the text. This edition would benefit from some cleaning up to make it more user-friendly. The information is there, it just takes more effort than it should to locate and ingest.

Time Out Shortlist New York 2013
Time Out Shortlist New York 2013
by Richard Koss
Price: $12.95
44 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Not Edgy Enough, May 9, 2013
I used to live right outside NYC 10 years ago, so I'm a little out of touch with the "cool" updated places to go and things to see. The content of this book just didn't work for me; it was too general. While this book is useful for the 'average' tourist, it is not for the savvy Gen X consumer who prefers to know about the edgier, grittier NYC. If Underground New York, Punk NYC, diverse neighborhood NYC, or thriftstore/boutique NYC is what you are looking for, just skip this book and find something else to purchase.

Dracula (Townsend Library Edition)
Dracula (Townsend Library Edition)
by Bram Stoker
Price: $4.95
52 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you want an abridged, non-Victorian reading experience, September 17, 2011
My review will focus on this VERSION of the story, not on Dracula itself. Before you purchase this book, you need to know that Townsend Library has made purposeful changes to Stoker's prose which impact the overall mood and tone of the novel. All old world spellings and Victorian colloquialisms have been removed. This is evident right from the first chapter where Stoker originally spelled the country where Harker is traveling as "Buda-Pesth"; in this version, they change it to the modern "Budapest". Another example is that in the original, Harker charmingly refers to a paprika meal he eats as "I had for dinner, or rather supper, a dinner done up some way with red pepper, which was very good but very thirsty." In this Townsend Library Edition, the charming phrase simply becomes a reference to meal made of paprika. Townsend Press also has purposely removed or modified all references to Victorian-age technology such as telegrams, steam engines, Dr. Seward's phonograph-related journal entries, and Mina's shorthand, stating in the afterword that they did not beleive today's audience would appreciate such outdated forms of communication or transportation. Big mistake. In order to experience the true gothic nature of this most important of horror novels, avoid this version, and go with an unabridged, unaltered one.

Diana Inquest: The French Cover-Up
Diana Inquest: The French Cover-Up
by John Morgan
Price: $26.09
28 used & new from $19.98

1.0 out of 5 stars UGH! I love Diana, but this book is terrible!, September 16, 2011
I wish that I had understand how this "book" was formatted before I purchased it. I bought it based on a recommendation, and thought I was getting a non-fiction account of Diana's last night on earth. Instead, I got this dry, boring, clinical book full of uninteresting details. What promised to be a juicy read was instead just a series of what appeared to be court documents - and very dull ones, at that. Don't bother purchasing. Not worth it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2014 3:28 AM PST