Profile for Joe Mirenna > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe Mirenna "hopeless fiddler" RSS Feed (Dane County, Wisconsin)

Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef's Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef's Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
Price: $199.00
2 used & new from $187.16

5.0 out of 5 stars great grill, June 10, 2014
We just got this to take along on camping trips. In Wisconsin state parks they restrict outside firewood, and after trying to cook on inferior wood that I purchased on site, I wanted something dependable. This stove is lightweight and compact, yet has a surprisingly large grill area. We chose it because it because it features two burners producing 20,000 btus, which gets real hot fast. Plus, it was the only portable grill we found to be ALL stainless steel, especially the grates. We cooked enough chicken to feed 6 people, and it worked as well as my trusty old Weber at home. Our camper friends, who don't have a grill are thinking of buying this for both camping and at home. Good choice.

Fulcrum Silver LED Wireless Touch Lanterna Light
Fulcrum Silver LED Wireless Touch Lanterna Light
Price: $21.99
6 used & new from $20.45

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice light, June 10, 2014
We just got this to add subtle conversational light in our little restored canned ham camper. It is just perfect to make soft non glaring light that isn't too bright or too dim.

Samsung SL-M2825DW/XAC Wireless Monochrome Printer
Samsung SL-M2825DW/XAC Wireless Monochrome Printer
Offered by Ivy Products
Price: $109.99
32 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain for a top rated printer, April 15, 2014
Ordered with free shipping and it got here in 18 hours. Once I figured out how to make the wireless connection setup CD open on my laptop (...obviously I'm not very computer literate), it was very simple to get the printer working. Then I downloaded the app for my Samsung tablet and got that working in about two minutes. Very happy with purchase. BTW, after buying for a bargain last week at $85, today it is selling on Amazon for $80. This is a consistently top rated printer and they are giving them away.

Toko Arctic Split Mitt / Glove: Black; Size 9
Toko Arctic Split Mitt / Glove: Black; Size 9
Offered by BestCycleDeals
Price: $31.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lobster mitt, February 17, 2014
Because of this unusually cold winter, I depended on my old Pearl Izumi lobsters to get warmth to my fingertips when cross country skiing. However, when I noticed the very thin wear layer falling apart last week in northern Wisconsin, I figured I'd never find a replacement. Sure enough, ABR ski trails had one last pair in the gear shop. They are more compact and sturdier than my old ones, yet keep me just as warm. Once the temp gets past 18 degrees, or if I work up enough heat, I have to switch over to lighter gloves.

Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $109.99
24 used & new from $94.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, September 29, 2013
Now I don't have to strain my back hauling my heavy pancake compressor to a job needing just a few air nails. Not for continuous use, but I reach for it on a surprising number of little jobs. After I bought this a few years ago, I saw several magazine product reviews that gave it Best and/or Best Buy awards.

Cloisonne Dynasty White Pewter Cabinet Pull Furniture Pulls Drawer Knobs
Cloisonne Dynasty White Pewter Cabinet Pull Furniture Pulls Drawer Knobs

5.0 out of 5 stars Even nicer than expected., September 29, 2013
These knobs are perfect. A little larger than expected, which works well on our 36 inch three drawer Ikea cabinet we are using in our new laundry room. The quality is superb. Wonder how they can be so inexpensive. I'd like to remember this seller.

iLLumi Projections E26 Edison DC 12V-20V 7W Motor Home Marine Low Voltage LED Light Bulb DC battery Solar fishing lamp FREE SHIPPING 84x 3528 cluster
Offered by Low Voltage and MORE!
Price: $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Color is wrong, September 29, 2013
This bulb came shipped direct from Asia. I specified the warm color, but it came very blue/cool. It took almost two weeks to get here, and I don't feel confident that I can ship it back for a replacement. If it was a warm color, I would have been happy, but now I feel I'm stuck with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2013 2:09 AM PDT

Boston Acoustics TVEEM20B TVee Model 20 Home Entertainment System (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of fixed the problem, May 12, 2010
This is an update to my original review from May, 2010. At first everything worked perfectly. Now, the sound is extremely erratic. Sometimes the mute works, sometimes not at all. Volume numbers do not correspond to actual volume the same way every time the TV is used. Actually right now, the system is frozen up. No mute and no volume change. Remote is not able to re-program. Waiting for help from the manufacturer (no phone number) and/or Amazon for warranty. Hope I didn't throw away good money.

Another update (11-29-10): I did make email contact with the company who offered to look at the sound bar if I shipped it to them (and promised a quick return). However, I have sort of solved the problem. Part of it was unclear directions for programming the TV remote. I didn't figure it out until I looked in a new box containing a new sound bar and noticed that the directions for programming on a "quick start" sheet (which I lost), was different and more clear than the small manual. So, nothing was ever wrong with the sound bar. Another part of it is that on my particular TV, I cannot turn off the TV sound. Somehow the incremental changes of the TV volume is different than the changes of the sound bar. That gets the adjustment out of wack, and then I need to reprogram the remote. The other problem is that my TV has both a mute and half-mute on the same remote control that the sound bar just cannot learn. So, we just don't use the mute. Rather, we use the pause button, which works because we have a DVR on our satellite system. In conclusion, I do believe the product is a good one and definitely improves the crappy sound from the TV. And, the room is quite large, 18 x18 with a high ceiling. The woofer can get boomy, but that is easily adjustable. I would buy the product again mainly for the ability of it learning the remote of the TV.

Original review:

After reviewing a lot of soundbars, it was one great feature that pushed me to the Boston Acoustics TVEEM20B: the ability of the system to learn your remote commands (volume and mute). We have Dish programming and I did not want to have another remote or give up the great remote from Dish (with its skip forward and backward features to easily skip through TV commercials). Not only did the system learn the remote commands easily, the thing sounds great. We paired it with a new Toshiba 55 inch LED TV. Originally, we were impressed that the TV sounded not that bad, once I had tweaked the default settings to eliminate the enhanced bass (which made it sound hollow). But, after watching a music concert we thought the sound could improve. Tested the TVEEM20B on that same concert and it sounded great. The room is large, 18' x 18' with a high ceiling. No problem filling the room with sound. And the adjustable wireless woofer can be hidden easily as well. The whole thing set up in minutes.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2010 9:15 AM PST

EZ Smart Guide System 100"
EZ Smart Guide System 100"

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing plywood crosscuts, November 27, 2006
This review is from: EZ Smart Guide System 100" (Misc.)
I recently bought this product because I couldn't afford the money or space for a panel saw. Yes, it does take a little time to set up two exact measurements on which to allign the straight edge to a assure parallelism. However, if I need several exactly sized rips of plywood, such as for a set of shelves, I just use this system to bust down the plywood into managable sizes for re-ripping on the table saw. The best part is that the cut is perfect with no tear out. This is especially appreciated on cross cuts of plywood, which previously always seemed to splinter out. The zero clearance cutting really works. I just wish I had bought the 150 inch version, because I don't like breaking down the long edge into a managable small one for cutting across the 48 inch dimension. In fact, I am visiting Amazon to purchase that now.

Western Star
Western Star
11 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy this CD, December 9, 2005
This review is from: Western Star (Audio CD)
I have bought too many CDs that I never listen to, but this one has been camped out in my dashboard for weeks. As a fiddler, I had to learn Eric's "Golden Ticket." But, now I keep listening to more and more subtle things he has going on this recording. I love how he convincingly goes from Celtic to Old-time, and keeps it together with some of the hottest clawhammer banjo recorded. With some tasty songs thrown in, the CD flows well and becomes so listenable that even folks who think this music all sounds the same will fall in love with it. Too bad Amazon doesn't have it in stock today.