Profile for Susan Hollaway > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Susan Hollaway RSS Feed (Kansas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hidden Truth, A (Home to Amana)
Hidden Truth, A (Home to Amana)
by Judith Miller
Price: $6.00
52 used & new from $1.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner by Judith Miller!, February 27, 2013
A Hidden Truth is the first of the Home to Amana series and Judy has penned another winner. Mystery, intrigue, and romance are all included in this historical fiction story set in the Amana Colonies in Iowa. Judy's story will keep you hanging on through every twist and turn with a few surprises. I love those "I did not see that coming" moments.

If you like historical fiction, I think you'll love Judy's books. She is impeccable in her research and you feel as if you're living in the setting of the book right alongside the characters.

A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish Series)
A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish Series)
by Vannetta Chapman
Price: $11.69
59 used & new from $0.55

4.0 out of 5 stars A winner by Vannetta Chapman!, January 23, 2013
I really enjoyed reading Miriam and Gabe's story and particularly liked Vannetta's unique characterization. It was if I lived alongside them in the story. I'm looking forward to reading more books from the Pebble Creek Amish Series.

Short-Straw Bride
Short-Straw Bride
by Karen Witemeyer
Price: $11.16
131 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Another must-read by Karen Witemeyer!, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Short-Straw Bride (Paperback)
To say I'm a fan of Karen Witemeyer's writing and books would be an understatement. Whenever I bring one of her books into the house, my daughter sniffs it out and her persuasive speaking and debate skills shift into high gear, trying to convince me why she should be the first one to get to read it. =) Sometimes she wins, if she promises to hurry. But sometimes, well, I have to play the mom card. What can I say? We are both lifetime fans of Karen Witemeyer books.

Short-Straw Bride was so good! I could hardly put it down, but life dictates that you can't just read all the time. This book went with me nearly everywhere. You never know when you might have to wait in line somewhere and we all know that time flies when you're having fun, right? And this book was so much fun to read!

If you haven't read this one yet, add it to your "to be read" list or pile. Now! You'll thank me. Okay, well, you'll be thanking Karen, she wrote the wonderful story, afterall. But you'll be glad I said something. Readers unite! It's an unwritten code to recommend and share about books that you love, right?

To Win Her Heart
To Win Her Heart
by Karen Witemeyer
Price: $12.00
75 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner by Karen Witemeyer!, January 9, 2013
This review is from: To Win Her Heart (Paperback)
Let me just begin by saying that I am a HUGE fan of Karen's books. And this one is no exception. Loved it! So did my daughter. If you have not read this book, please do yourself a favor and read it.

Her characters are wonderful and she weaves a story that keeps you enthralled and riveted to the book. I hope she never stops writing, because I never want to stop reading her books.

To Love and Cherish (Bridal Veil Island)
To Love and Cherish (Bridal Veil Island)
by Tracie Peterson
Price: $12.80
127 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Second book in Bridal Veil series a winner!, January 2, 2013
If you're not already a Judith Miller fan, you will be once you read one of her books. In the Bridal Veil books, she teams up with Tracie Peterson for yet another series that will hold you captive until the very last page. This is the second of the series and I can't wait to read the third.

Judy is impeccable in her research as is Tracie. Although Bridal Veil Island is fictional, their attention to detail from the time period and geographic region makes it seem real and a place you'd love to visit. From page one you are transported to Bridal Veil Island, living alongside the characters they've created, experiencing -- not just reading -- the story. History, mystery, a few twists and turns, and of course, romance, make this a journey you won't want to miss.

Ride of Her Life, The: A Novel (Lake Manawa Summers)
Ride of Her Life, The: A Novel (Lake Manawa Summers)
by Lorna Seilstad
Price: $12.17
45 used & new from $1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this book!, December 26, 2012
This is the third book of Lorna's that I've read and I've thoroughly enjoyed every single one. You're transported to Lake Manawa living right alongside the characters Lorna has created. History, sharp wit, humor, spiritual truths, and definitely romance are all encapsulated into a wonderful story that will delight readers. My teenaged daughter and I give it two thumbs up! We've loved all three of the books in this series. We can't wait for her next book!

Song of My Heart
Song of My Heart
by Kim Vogel Sawyer
Price: $12.86
51 used & new from $0.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique story line, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Song of My Heart (Paperback)
My daughter and I both enjoyed this book. It is a very unique story line that will keep you wondering what's going to happen next. No spoilers here though. You'll have to read it for yourself.

Winter is an especially good time to snuggle in, grab a good book, and catch a good read. Give this one a try.

Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View
Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View
by Jill Elizabeth Nelson
Price: $5.99
34 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, July 5, 2012
This book was such an easy read, and gave such good examples. I would highly recommend this to any writer, no matter what genre. It's an invaluable tool and a must-have on your shelf or e-reader!

To Have and To Hold (Bridal Veil Island)
To Have and To Hold (Bridal Veil Island)
by Tracie Peterson
Price: $12.79
163 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome read by Judith and Tracie!, May 31, 2012
Tracie and Judith have yet again proved to be a great writing team in their latest series together. To Have and To Hold is book one in the Bridal Veil Island series. This was a wonderful story that contains mystery, history, and love. A great combo, in my opinion. While this is historical fiction and Bridal Veil is a fictitious island, references are made to real places and names of real people. I love it that Tracie and Judy have shared a little in the back of the book about how they came to write this series as well as what places and people in their stories are fictional and/or real.

I really enjoyed this book, but I don't want to give too much away, so just trust me --you'll LOVE this book!

Hailee (Montana Skies)
Hailee (Montana Skies)
by Penny Zeller
Price: $11.69
50 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Hailee -- a sweet read!, November 5, 2011
This review is from: Hailee (Montana Skies) (Paperback)
After losing both her parents at a young age, Hailee Annigan is solely responsible for caring for her two younger brothers. While living in an abandoned hotel, she resorts to stealing to feed her siblings when no one will give her work. One day, her life of crime comes to an end and she finds herself in a Christian home for delinquent youth. Even with the help of the home, she is unable to locate the only family she has left. After being trained as a teacher, she heads to Montana, plagued by her shameful past. She can only pray that her brothers will have found loving and safe homes and that God will reunite them someday. She heads out to Pine Haven, Montana, hopeful that her past will not ruin her future.

Nate Adams was raised in high-society Boston. His family has had his future planned out for him since he was born and it did not include becoming a pastor. His parents attend church as a social function and do not understand his calling. They refuse to accept his position of pastor of a church in rugged Montana as anything more than a lark and something he just needs to get out of his system. Will he be able to convince them that he's there to stay and this is what the Lord has called him to do? Will he ever convince his parents that God is real and He loves them?

When Nate and Hailee meet, they are drawn to one another almost instantly. Their upbringings are about as different as one can imagine. Will their circumstances pull them apart? Can they overcome the obstacles of their past to create a future together?

This is the third and final book in the Montana Skies Series. Hailee is a sweet romance that shows that no matter where you come from or whatever life throws at you, you can overcome anything with the saving mercy and grace of Jesus Christ. God does indeed have a plan for each of us and amazing things can happen if we put our lives in His hands. This story definitely shows that. I have also read McKenzie (Book One) and Kaydie (Book Two) and enjoyed seeing the characters of those books return to have a part in Nate and Hailee's story. I invite you to read this book and take a journey to a wonderful community and live alongside characters who will make you wish Pine Haven was a real place.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4