Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation
Profile for M. B Cole > Reviews

Browse

M. B Cole's Profile

Customer Reviews: 154

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. B Cole "Kegrun" RSS Feed (Las Vegas, NV)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
WD Green 2 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA III, 64 MB Cache (WD20EARX) (Old Model)
Offered by DatabugLLC
Price: $120.74
9 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, March 5, 2012
Took a chance on this drive due to the glowing reviews (even though it has some bad ones also). Never even got a chance to try it since it was dead on arrival.

*EDIT* 8 Mar 2012

Took another chance. Returned the DOA, and got another one from Amazon. It also arrived DOA. All my other hard drives that I have show up so I dont think its me. Gonna look for a different brand I guess.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2012 11:53 PM PDT

Behind Enemy Lines
Behind Enemy Lines
DVD ~ Owen Wilson
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $9.70
210 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic? Heck no. Fun? Definitely!, May 26, 2009
This review is from: Behind Enemy Lines (DVD)
Navy pilot Lt. Chris Burnett (Owen Wilson) is bored out of his mind. All he ever does is run exercises or fly routine reconnaissance missions for a war he doesn't even truly understand. Until one day when he and his co-pilot, Stackhouse, are shot down by two surface-to-air missiles over Serbia. After parachuting down, Burnett begins to walk up a hill to try and get a better signal on his radio. As he nears the top of the hill, he notices that Stackhouse is being questioned by a Serbian rebel army. When the Serbs are through questioning Stackhouse, the hunt for Burnett begins. Lost in unfamiliar territory, Burnett runs for his life from the Serbs trying to get to an open area to be rescued. But what Burnett doesn't know is the politics that are being played out behind the scenes. Because the two pilots flew into a no fly zone, the navy can not just go in and rescue their men unless they want to cause a full blown war. Hopefully Burnett will be able to survive long enough for the red tape to be cut, and the Navy can send in the marines to rescue him.

"Behind Enemy Lines" can be way over the top, but it really brings back the memories of the good 80's action movies where you left behind your brain and loved to believe that a man in a red head band could single handedly bring down Vietnam, North Korea, or the whole darn continent of Asia if he wanted to. Or when a man with bare feet could take down a terrorist group with witty lines inside a sky scraper. Or even when the governor of California came back through time to destroy the man that would destroy the future that hasn't been created yet. Ok sure it's nowhere near as good as Rambo, Die Hard, or Terminator, but it is a lot of fun. While those movies are great, there are always parts where you can pick them apart and say "Oh come on". "Behind Enemy Lines" is filled with a lot of cool scenes, and some tense moments. From the mine field, to the fight in a war torn city (a tank inside a building blowing the crap out of things), and to the final moments with a sniper honing down upon Burnett, the movie never really lets up. There were so many things though that I could tell you was wrong, but why really? When it comes down to action films, as long as they aren't trying to be very realistic (like Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down), you just have to sit back, grab the popcorn, turn up the volume, and watch the crazy explosions, the blazing guns, and all the crazy car chase or dog fight scenes.

While I like the "Behind Enemy Lines", it's definitely not the best movie out there, but it is a very fun action movie. It's close to a 3.5 stars than a 4 star, but hey, I gotta help it out some. Definitely recommend for the action fans. And definitely on Blu. Heard it has incredible video and superb audio.

P.S. - Definitely the best part of the movie to me was the scene where the 2 SAMS were chasing down the F-15. That was some cool stuff there.
Comment Comments (23) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2011 2:52 PM PDT

Before Sunrise
Before Sunrise
DVD ~ Ethan Hawke
Offered by kylakins
Price: $20.99
93 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, May 26, 2009
This review is from: Before Sunrise (DVD)
Jesse and Celine are two people from different parts of the world. Jesse from America and Celine from France. Funny how time works. While both are riding separately on a train in Austria, their paths cross, and they begin to chat. The chat leads into having conversation over a meal in the lounge car. As the train comes to a stop where Jesse is to get off, he's so captivated with Celine, he asks her to get off with him and just get to know each other more while in Vienna. As the night goes on, the attraction they have for each other begins to grow. But the inevitable is on the horizon as the sun begins to rise, and their one day of happiness begins to come to a close.

`Before Sunrise' is truly one of the best romantic movies I think I have ever seen. It's not some sappy chick flick where some of the most absurd moments happen. It honestly feels real. Especially if you've ever fallen in love before. The first time meeting that special someone and how everything just clicks. How you can't get enough of each other and want to soak in everything they say and do like you're a thirsty dry sponge. The movie is littered with dialogue. It almost feels like a book on CD, but video...heh. But not once did I get bored. Sometimes their talking could go a little on and on, but in a way, isn't that how it is in real life sometimes? There have been many times where I would catch myself just babbling away at a story. And while the movie is a romantic movie, it's still filled with some good laughs. So don't think it's just one big "OH SMOOCH ME ALL NIGHT LONG", because it isn't. When Jesse and Celine kiss, it was a little goofy the way it came about, but it was, you know, cute I guess (ugh). But later Celine kind of dogs on Jesse for trying to be all romantic to get that first kiss. It made me laugh. But seriously, I can't get over how the movie brought back memories of the first time I fell in love. The awkward meeting, the constant talking, never wanting to leave each others sides, the first kiss, the goofy romance, the sweet romance, and never once thinking about time. What a great movie. I can't believe I've owned this movie for about 3 years and never even gave it the time of day. Alphabetical reviewing wins again!

If you love a good love story, own this. If you are looking for a good date movie, then definitely give this a rent. I think both guys and girls will like it. Well, I can see some guys out there rolling their eyes at it...hehe.

P.S. - One of the biggest reasons why I never gave this a shot was because of the stupid cover. Looks like Ethan Hawke is choking Julie Delpy out! But then you realize its some goofy hair flip maneuver. GAG!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2009 6:06 PM PDT

Windy City Heat
Windy City Heat
DVD ~ Perry Caravello
Offered by Two Thumbs Up
Price: $10.37
37 used & new from $4.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Unleash the Fury!, May 25, 2009
This review is from: Windy City Heat (DVD)
A friend of mine told me that `Scary' Perry Caravello was in a skateboarding accident when he was younger. The accident made Perry, well, a little dense. His friends, Tony Barbieri ("The Mole") and Don Barris ("Big Lou"), well, they like to take advantage of Perry's denseness. They love playing practical jokes on him. And Windy City Heat is the king of practical jokes. Perry tries out for a movie called `Windy City Heat', and gets the lead role of Stone Fury, the sports detective! But what Perry doesn't know is that this is all fake and everyone is in on it. This is for real by the way. The movie we as the viewers watch is one very big joke. Perry never catches on. That's how oblivious he is. You might be thinking this sounds pretty mean, but Perry doesn't act retarded, he just acts...well...pretty normal, but not. To help hide the fact that this is a joke, his buddies tell him that all the cameras are for the documentary that will go on the DVD for the movie. As the fake movie is being made, many pranks are played on Perry, such as making him be thrown into a dumpster full of manure to add `realism', making him think the movie wont be finished because he wasn't able to guard a table of doughnuts, to him getting an award from the president of show business. He never catches on. The movie is filled with laughs and shocks. My roommate made me buy this so I'd watch it. While I was starting to watch it, I had no clue what I was in for, but after a few minutes in, I could tell this was a masterpiece. I almost feel bad for laughing at Perry, but, the way he acts, I just couldn't help myself. And good god, don't make him mad. When he screams, he sounds like a 13 year old girl not getting her way. His voice gets so high it's hilarious. I honestly don't see how he stays friends with Tony and Don. But it seems like he doesn't even remember the stuff they do to him after a few minutes. Many cameos are in here such as Dane Cook being a casting director, Bobcat Goldthwait (directing the movie we watch and the movie Perry is in), Adam Carolla, Jimmy Kimmel, Carson Daily (which provokes a great line I can't type here from Perry), and even ex-NFL lineman Refrigerator Perry.

I don't think this is for everyone, but man I found it hilarious. I definitely recommend a must rent. Make sure you watch the extras too for more laughs. Also, while I'm sure this is funny alone, this movie is perfect for viewing with friends... and beer.

P.S. - Perry says one of the funniest and most shocking things I think I've ever heard on camera. Seriously, who says that when they know they are being filmed? If you want me to say it I'll say it in my comments, but otherwise, it's close to end, and you will DEFINITELY know what I'm talking about when he says it. I rewound it three times to hear him say it. Friggin hilarious.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2009 10:16 AM PDT

Beerfest (Unrated Widescreen Edition)
Beerfest (Unrated Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Jay Chandrasekhar
Price: $3.99
198 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars BEEEEEEER!! OM NOM NOM!, May 25, 2009
Jan and Todd Wolfhouse grandpa has recently passed away by pulling his own plug. His dying wishes were that his ashes be spread at Oktoberfest. Instead of sadness, they encounter awesomeness. Everywhere around them is beer and hot chicks. What a great way to send their grandfather off. Until they almost kill everyone around them by accident. They are kicked out from the fest and then, with the help of someone who once knew their grandfather, they come upon a secret sort of Olympic type games... one that involves beer. Beerfest! Within these games are teams from all types of countries, except for America. The Germans, who happen to be cousins of Jan and Todd, despise the two and destroy them at a mere chugging game. Humiliated, the two return home and decide to create a team to rival the Germans next year at Beerfest. After collecting three more, the team begins their beer drinking training, ranging from shooting quarters, chugging, high pouring, upside down chugging, and even trying to unlock the mystery of Das Boot (a huge glass boot that is chugged out of). While training, they find a lost beer recipe that makes one of the best beers they've ever tasted, and the Germans claim that the rightful owner is theirs and they want it back. Now the games are more than just respect, but also for actual ownership of the recipe.

The first time I viewed this was on DVD, and I immediately started playing quarters with my roommate as soon as it was over and had to skip work the next day because I was hungover. Other than all the cool drinking games, the movie is hilarious. I love everything (even the hit or miss stuff like Club Dread) that Broken Lizard has put out. What is cool is that the movie really does get funnier with each viewing. Not really much to say about the movie since it really just deals around beer, beer games, hot women, hot topless women, and a lot of laughs. On the extras, there is some stuff where the guys are talking about some of their worst drinking moments and the one that involves Kevin Heffernan (Landfill) is hilarious. Talking about how they went to a restaurant and he got annihilated before it was even 2pm and he started puking right at the front door profusely had me cracking up.

If you like beer, women, and some crude humor, then you definitely need to own Beerfest!

P.S. - One time I lost a game of quarters to a girl at this huge house party. I had to bong two pitchers of beer within about 5 minutes of each other. It was not fun. I don't even remember much after that incident except for doing a few shots of something. What I do remember is waking up naked with a Santa Clause hat on in my friend's game room and searching the house for my clothes. I guess I got hot.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2009 6:09 PM PDT

The Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell
The Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell
DVD ~ Daniel Baldwin
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $9.99
35 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Post Apocalyptic American History... with Robots, Satan, and a cute Cannibal girl, May 25, 2009
In 2077, a child by the name of Tex Kennedy is placed into a bunker, by himself, before the nukes hit that wipe about 98% of the world's population. In 2097, Tex Kennedy, a grown man now, emerges from the bunker with a mission. To help with the ruling of New America. With his trusty dysfunctional robots, he begins his search for the prophesized Benjamin Remington, the man that will be King of New America. Together, they will need to get to a radio tower to help unite the lone survivors of America. But the tower just happens to be in a certain part of America called, The Threshold of Hell. For some reason, the people here were protected by the blast. Some would think it might be magic, or maybe even the work of Satan. With the help of some unlikely friends, such as a Cannibal Sue and Javier Castro, they must get to the tower, before Benjamin's crazy brother, the Jackal.

The first time I began to watch this, I stopped probably 10 minutes in. I couldn't stand the coloring, and it just seemed very cheap. Then, thanks to me making myself watch all the movies I own in alphabetical order no matter what, I finally got to see this little gem. I honestly laughed quite a lot. Everyone is pretty funny, but Kevin Wheatley (Tex Kennedy) is very funny with his witty lines. The whole story is great, even though filled with plot holes and goofiness. This is definitely not the best movie ever, but for a B-Movie, that is pretty low budget, it's great. It really is. The characters were funny, and some were almost epic, for a movie like this. Even my friend who I was watching this with, who doesn't care for B movies that much, laughed quite a bit too. He said the movie was `Eh', but he still laughed. Also check out the Outtakes, some funny stuff there to. I liked when Tex and the two robots were running up a sandy hill, and one of the robots trips up the other robot and he hits face first into the sand, making them all trip each other up. I laughed pretty hard at that... hehe.

While the movie is low budget, and the story is pretty crazy, the movie was definitely a fun watch. I was definitely surprised. Just make sure you sit through the first 10 or 15 minutes. Give it some patience. Can't wait for the sequel (that they tease you with at the end)!

P.S. - My friend and I joked about how it looked like 95% of the movie was filmed in the same spot. Well I guess it was. IMDB says that most of it was filmed on the beaches of Pensacola, Florida. Man I miss living next door to Pensacola.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2009 6:10 PM PDT

The Beach
The Beach
DVD ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $18.88
45 used & new from $2.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Life's a Beach., May 25, 2009
This review is from: The Beach (DVD)
Richard (Leonardo DiCaprio) is back packer traveling Thailand. A tourist that hates tourism. He loathes the fact that people travel to new places, to do exactly what they do at home. Live in a nice place, go to regular restaurants, and watch TV. When he finds a crummy run down hotel room, he's unexpectedly visited by a man, by the name of Daffy, that seems a tad crazy and is talking about an island that is the meaning of perfection. The island has a beach inside of it that is closed off, mainly, from the ocean. White sands, crystal clear waters, the peacefulness people say they'll make their 3rd Genie wish on, and all the weed a man can smoke for the rest of his life. Of course Richard doesn't completely believe him, but Daffy make him a map, and Richard decides to stop doing the normal thing, and to go and find this island. But who wants to die alone right? So he grabs a French couple that he said hi to earlier, and off they go to find the island. When they finally find the island, it's almost everything they dreamed of, with a twist. The island is inhabited with farmers that are very protective of their weed operation, but they allow a very small community of people to live by the secluded beach, so long as they don't tell people about the island. Richard and the two Frenchies are accepted into the community with the promise that they told no one where they were going. Life is good. Lounging, smoking, playing games, fishing, screwing, and the daily chores of island living. Until one day, when some other travelers decide to come to the island. Travelers that Richard forgot to tell the inhabitants that he gave a map too. The peaceful life is about to change.

The Beach is a trip, no pun intended. What draws me to this movie is the fact that I love traveling, and I love tropical islands. To live this life would be almost perfect for me, sans the drug farmers. While some might say the story is lacking or that the movie is slow, well, what do you think beach life is? It's exactly that. I thought the story was great, up to a point. Close to the end, Richard is made to stay in one spot to watch the newcomers who haven't swam over to the island yet, because it was his fault they were there. Well while he is waiting, he begins to go a little crazy. Ok... maybe more than a little crazy. And this is where I think the movie begins to crash. Watching him run down a path like a video game with 3 lives and a score board was just... so out of place it just totally takes me out of the movie. While some parts of it were good (like when he sneaks into the farmers sleeping area), most of it was just really dumb. But then the movie picks back up when the newcomers are welcomed with a hail of gunfire and the older inhabitants are now threatened.

Definitely a cool movie. Give it a rent though if you are thinking about watching it, because I don't think it's for everyone. I like it a lot though.

P.S. - Man I love traveling alone like the character Richard. It's crazy the amount of new people you can meet when you have no one else to talk to. I met a lot of new people when I went to Jordan to visit the Dead Sea. I'm planning a trip for Sydney, Australia in 2010. Can't wait!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2009 12:30 AM PDT

Batman Begins (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Batman Begins (Two-Disc Special Edition)
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $9.99
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving the franchise one batarang at a time., May 25, 2009
As a small child, Bruce Wayne witnesses the murder of his multi-millionaire father and mother in an alley. Thankfully before their death, they imbedded Bruce with good teachings to make him a good man when he grows up. Later on in life, as a young man, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) comes back to Gotham City seeking revenge on the man that killed his parents. When plans don't go accordingly, and also when he lets someone know what his intentions were, he realizes that his path for doing good for the city, isn't the correct path to do it in. So he leaves Gotham to escape and to find his way. And then a man by the name of Henri Ducard (Liam Neeson) finds Bruce and tells him of a secret place that will teach him to fight for justice, but he must get there alone. When Bruce gets there, he begins his training in martial arts, ways of the ninja, and fighting what he fears most. After 7 years, Bruce finally returns to a Gotham City that is slowly falling into the bad guys hands. And Bruce takes it upon himself to help rid Gotham of the bad. To make them fear what he fears. To make them face Batman. As Batman begins to clean up the city, he finds out about a plan that will destroy Gotham City schemed up by Scarecrow (Cillian Murphy) and someone from his past. A toxin that will make everyone go crazy is about to be released in Gotham and Batman is the only one that can stop it.

After some really bad Batman sequels (4 and 5 in particular), the franchise seemed to have been shot like a race horse with a broken leg. How could you ever come back from nipples on the bat suit? And then Christopher Nolan steps up and says "Hey yo, WB, I'm bout to hit you up the side of the head with a sweet Batman cause you know, I did Memento and Insomnia". Ok he didn't really say that, but he did promise them greatness, and greatness was delivered. While at first you think Batman starts off a little slow, you have to realize that we are delving into the persona of Batman himself. The reasons why he became the bat. The way he learned to fight the way he does. And to realize the biggest thing of all... that Batman is just a man. He has no super powers. He gets hurt just like the rest of us, except his been in some rigorous training to help ignore a lot of the pain. And it's great to see the two separate entities when it comes to Bruce and the Bats. Batman is the true man now, while Bruce is just the disguise that hides him. While Batman is fighting crime and avenging justice, Bruce is the cocky and fun playboy millionaire that no one would suspect is Batman. Christian Bale was great as both. I still think Michael Keaton is my favorite Bruce though because he just has a `coolness' about him, but Christian was definitely great also and is my favorite Batman, even with his kind of weird Batman voice.

Christian Bale isn't the only awesomeness going on here in this movie either. Gary Oldman plays, perfectly, Detective Gordon. Even down to the look of him in the graphic novel `Batman: Year One'. Oldman usually plays bigger roles, but man I'm glad he played Gordon. Just perfect. And then you have Alfred, the butler/second father, played, well, once again, perfectly, by Michael Caine. Morgan Freeman is even here, playing Lucius Fox, a man that works in the `basement' of Wayne Tower inventing and making up some insane items for the military, that Batman eventually uses for himself. Think of `Q' for James Bond. Crooked smile Katie Holmes plays Bruce's best friend and love interest Rachel Dawes. She's also a woman that holds her own and tries to bring down the bad guys through the justice system. She's ok I guess.

Some of the extras on the 2 disc were great. I knew Bale just got done making `The Machinist', and was Ethiopian like skinny for that movie, so I was amazed he got huge again for Batman in such a quick time. I mean it's hard for me to just lose 10 pounds. What I didn't know what that when Christopher Nolan told him to get as big as he could, Bale did just that. He got fat. So fat that Chris was baffled and thought he'd never lose the weight in time. Some of the crew would tell Bale "What are we making again? Fatman?" So Bale had cut up the weight he regained. Crazy! Watching the scenes where he is learning to fight, you can tell he was still losing some weight, but he's still thick. They really didn't think the suit was going to fit him...hehe. Also the scene where Bruce and Henri Ducard are fighting on the frozen lake by the glacier was crazy. They had to rush that scene with almost no preparation. After they were done filming, the next day the lake became unfrozen and was a lake again. Talk about lucky. There was a lot of good stuff on those discs that will keep you busy for awhile. When you see what they did to make Gotham City, you'll be blown away. Talk about some work.

Even though the movie does have some hokey scenes in it, such as the rooftop Batmobile scenes, it really doesn't hurt the movie at all for me. Great movie. Plain and simple. I thought nothing could beat it, but I was wrong when Dark Knight came out. So make sure you watch this first before Dark Knight...heh. Own it. Own it. Own it. And make sure you own it in HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

P.S. - Some of you know I'm reviewing my DVDs in order because it gives me something to do. How did I go from Be Cool to Batman!?!? Bad Matt...bad.

P.P.S - I'm a top 1000 reviewer now! YAY!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2009 5:55 PM PDT

Be Cool (Widescreen Edition)
Be Cool (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ John Travolta
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $10.19
332 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Just...you know...be cool, May 18, 2009
This review is from: Be Cool (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
I usually review movies in a certain way, but for this one, I'm just gonna get right down to why I think this movie is pretty darn good. I was actually shocked to see it rated as low as it is. I know it's a sequel to Get Shorty (which I remember being good...but I just can't remember it), but it honestly feels like its own movie. It feels like it has almost nothing to do with its predecessor. I'm going to actually tell you 10 reasons why I like it.

1. John Travolta plays Chili Palmer perfectly. I love how he's a smooth tough guy with a brain. He gets just about anything he wants, and can totally out play anyone by reading who they are perfectly.
2. Dwayne `The Rock' Johnson is hilarious. I've liked Dwayne since he was The Rock on WWF. He was always funny, even when he was supposed to be on the bad guy side. You couldn't help like his cocky demeanor. Here though, he plays a tough guy (supposedly) body guard for Raji. Oh and he's gay. He loves looking good and loves acting and singing.
3. Vince Vaughn is amazing as the music manager Raji, a white guy who acts and dresses in a black guy pimpish kind of way. Hearing him talk is priceless. I love when he starts talking like he's a bad mutha, but then quickly backs down when confronted.
4. Cedric the Entertainer plays Sin LaSalle, a music recorder/mixer. A very educated black man, that is great at what he does. I love the fact that the first time you see him, he's acting more like some goofy rich white dude. Then you see his crew role up in hummers with spinners and loud music, and guns stuck in their very low riding jeans, and you know how he truly is. He's a gangsta in sheep's clothing.
5. Andre (from the rap group Outkast) is Sin's cousin, Dabu. He's a straight up thug, who always loud and just wants to kill someone and doesn't care who. At first he was kind of annoying, but I was wrong, he's funny.
6. Stereotyping is rampant in this movie. I don't like racism, but I do think jokes about stereotypes are funny. Which is why I think Carlos Mencia can be funny, as well as Dave Chappell who I think is a comedic genius. Even Chris Rock. Those guys know how to spread it around, to make you feel like you are not being singled out. That's kind of how this movie makes me feel.
7. The story itself, even with some definite holes, is a lot of fun. Watching how the back stabbings unfold is great. Especially when Raji gets called out by Sin. Hilarious.
8. Christina Milian is not a great actress, but she sure doesn't hurt my eyes.
9. This list isn't going to make it to 10 things.
10. Did I mention Vince Vaughn and the Rock? Seriously, they were amazing in every scene they were in. I laughed hard a lot when they were on.

Though I really liked Be Cool, it sure wasn't perfect. Probably my biggest gripe was the god awful blatancy of the product placements. I don't know how many times we had to see the Honda Insight car or the T-Mobile Sidekick or all the other name drops in the movie to get it in our heads that they were in there. I laughed one time when the camera was slightly zoomed in on the back of the sidekick while somebody was texting someone. T-MOBILE SIDEKICK. Ugh... it was horrible.

So in the end, I really liked the movie. I don't even think of it as being a sequel to Get Shorty. I laughed a lot and am definitely glad I own this movie. Give it a try.

P.S. - I love when Raji and Elliot (The Rock) are talking about getting some chicken. I don't think they said the whole name, but you can tell they were talking about Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles...hehe. I've always wanted to eat there.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2009 5:08 AM PDT

Barbershop 2: Back in Business (Special Edition)
Barbershop 2: Back in Business (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Ice Cube
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $14.52
300 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars (3.5) Is part 2 better? Fro Sho!, May 18, 2009
Calvin (Ice Cube) inherited his fathers Barbershop a few years back. At first he wasn't to happy with having the shop, but now the shop is a part of him. Calvin is now a rear part of the community, a corner stone of it. But change is coming into the neighborhood. Old shops, homes, and buildings are being bought out by a bigger corporation and replacing them with chains of restaurants, coffee houses, and even barbershops. And one of the barbershops, Nappy Cuts, is moving in right across from Calvin's shop. They offer nice chairs, better pampering, basketball courts, big screen TV's, and even fish in the floor you can pick out and get them cooked anyway you want it. Change is coming, and it isn't going to be pretty. To hopefully keep his shop as well as other peoples shops open, Calvin and the gang try their best to bring the community together to fight what some would consider the inevitable.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I liked part 2 a lot more than part 1. I laughed more, the characters weren't as cookie cutter as in part 1 (but they still are somewhat), and the story was more enjoyable this time through... for me at least. I liked that it dealt with major corporations coming in and trying to undercut the competition to run them out of business. It felt a little more real than, the first movie where Calvin is being a little emo about inheriting a barbershop from his father, selling it, then trying to get it back. And the cast, well, I liked that they were a little less involved, but still there. You really don't pay attention to the fact that `everyone thinks the bad boy is just clubbin and having sex all the time at night, but what they don't know is that he's studying and trying to get an education', you know... things like that. And I really think the movie was a lot funnier than the first one. I laughed pretty hard at some things this time through. Eddie (Cedric the Entertainer) at one point is cooking some free burgers, and a little girl said hers was burnt. They argue about it and Eddie snatches it and throws it away. She goes and tell on him while Eddie is saying "Go on! Go tell! I aint scurred of nuthin!" Then Gina (Latifah) comes storming out the other shop yelling at Eddie. All Eddie says is "OH SHOOT!" (but cusses) and the look on his face is just priceless. So predictable, but so funny.

I said barbershop 1 was a definite rent, and I would say the same with this. I'm glad I own them both, because even though they are very by the book, they are still some light hearted fun.

P.S. - Kenan Thompson (Calvin's cousin)...is not funny. I have never laughed when that kid is trying to be funny. He's horrible on SNL also and just about anything he's been on. Even when he was on Nickelodeon. That guy just bugs me. OH... and that's just my opinion.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2009 5:09 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16