Profile for P. Butler > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Butler "Critter Keeper" RSS Feed (Belvidere, New Jersey USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Shift Omnibus Edition (Shift 1-3) (Silo series Book 2)
Shift Omnibus Edition (Shift 1-3) (Silo series Book 2)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Shift Omnibus, March 5, 2013
I like Mr. Howey's books because they are pretty different. He put a twist on a number of possible themes that makes them familiar enough to be comfortable but different enough to not be boring. This trilogy explains what went on in the Wool trilogy so a lot of what happened in those books now makes sense. I find his characters to be interesting, although not necessarily likeable. Like real life, his people can be good or bad, but none are all of either. Some good folks are forced to do what might be considered evil and some of the so-called bad ones can do good, also like real life. This gives his characterizations depth so his people are fleshed out quite nicely. Often the characters are confused, not understanding events around them and Mr. Howey tends to keep the reader in the same state until he reaches a conclusion and reveals all. This effectively heightens the suspense since everyone is confused together. He also distributes the little revelations throughout the books rather than waiting until the end and whacking you with them all at once. There are two story lines running through the books, one follows Silo 1 and explains how it all came about, the other follows Silo 18 and shows what has gone wrong. Read the books.

New Years Mahjong
New Years Mahjong
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars New Years Mahjong, February 18, 2013
This review is from: New Years Mahjong (App)
Interesting version of Mahjong using New Years Eve based elements for the tiles. Games are pretty good, not so difficult that it's impossible to ever win but not so simplistic that every game is a winner. I would recommend it to Mahjong fans who are tired of looking at the same old tile.

Voice of the Whirlwind (Hardwired Book 2)
Voice of the Whirlwind (Hardwired Book 2)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Voice of the Whirlwind, February 18, 2013
Typical for Walter Jon Williams' books, pretty good writing, some tense moments to keep the book interesting, fairly convoluted, and not too many typos in the Kindle edition, as compared to some books. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys this kind of book.

Oh Myyy! - There Goes The Internet (Life, the Internet and Everything Book 1)
Oh Myyy! - There Goes The Internet (Life, the Internet and Everything Book 1)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars George Takei and the Internet, February 18, 2013
Great book, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Mr. Takei has a fantastic sense of humor that shines in this book. One caveat, if you buy the Kindle edition, the illustrations are impossible to see, but if you open the book on a computer you get them not only large enough to see but in color as well. Not entirely convenient but not totally impossible either.

Cubistry
Cubistry
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cubistry fun, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Cubistry (App)
I love this game! It's the best free ap of the day Amazon has released in a long time. It's fun, challenging but not frustratingly impossible, and good for maintaining hand-eye coordination (or even developing it in young folks). I highly recommend it.

CrossMe Color Premium Nonograms
CrossMe Color Premium Nonograms
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars CrossMe Color, September 21, 2012
I already had the B&W version which is, while challenging, still a lot of fun. Adding color into the mix added to the challenge and increased the fun. Playing on my phone has the extra challenge of fat fingers dealing with teeny-tiny squares but, while pinching increases the size of the squares, it reduces the amount of the playing field visible at any time. On my Galaxy Tab it is a lot easier, although still has challengingly small squares to deal with, but at least enlarging the game leaves more playing field in view. This is a function of playing the game on a small screen and not necessarily a negative of the game itself. No matter where you play the game, as you go up the levels and more squares are added, the smaller the squares have to be to fit into the same playing area. I highly recommend the game, as long as people appreciate the fact we cannot transcend the laws of physics, as you add elements into a set area those elements have to get smaller in order to fit.

Kindle, 3G, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology,-R
Kindle, 3G, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology,-R

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle 3G, 6", December 17, 2011
I absoulutely love my Kindle and don't know how I survived before getting it. It goes everywhere with me and I would be lost without it. I read Kindle books on my phone and on my tablet but the Kindle has functionality they lack. Best purchase ever.

Contemporary American Poetry
Contemporary American Poetry
by A. Poulin
Price: $116.20
64 used & new from $49.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Contemporary American Poetry, February 26, 2011
This book was purchased for a college poetry workshop. It has some fine poetry and is useful as a guide to what a good poem should look/sound like.

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White - 2nd Generation
Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White - 2nd Generation
22 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, July 28, 2010
I have fallen in love with the Kindle. It is easy to use, compact enough to carry in a pocketbook, although a bit large for a pocket, & is so much like reading an actual book I sometimes find myself trying to turn the page. I have the Kindle software on my computer and Blackberry so I have other options for downloading books or reading, & it is easy to sync the three devices so if I find myself out without the Kindle at hand, I can pick up my reading where I left off on the Kindle while using my Blackberry. Overall, owning the Kindle has been a very positive experience & i would highly recommend it.

Kindle Leather Cover, Hot Pink (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle)
Kindle Leather Cover, Hot Pink (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle cover, July 28, 2010
I purchased the leather cover for the Kindle reader figuring it would give more protection than the other covers offered. I find the cover to do an excellent job of protecting my Kindle from bumps & jostles, is attractive, easy to install & use & would recommend it as a good choice for protecting my Kindle investment. I love the hot pink color, which makes it easy to spot the Kindle if I have put it down someplace odd.

Page: 1 | 2