Profile for Satia Renee > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 481

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Satia Renee "Satia Renee" RSS Feed (Altanta GA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Avery Big Tab Pocket Insertable Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07708)
Avery Big Tab Pocket Insertable Plastic Dividers, 5-Tab Set, 1 Set (07708)
Price: $10.93
2 used & new from $10.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful, Sturdy Dividers Are Perfect!, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I just love Avery products so I knew, as soon as I saw these dividers, that they would be perfect for my daughter-in-law who is going to college. The bright, colorful designs can hopefully make even the dullest subjects more fun. Each folder has a pocket for storing handouts and syllabi. They are sturdy, just as you would expect an Avery product to be and come with plenty of tabs which can be run through a printer very easily. Because these are plastic, they can be used for many semesters. I just know she'll love them. Thank you, Avery, for another great product!

Georgie Beauty Style No. 3 'La Starlette' Faux Lash Compact
Georgie Beauty Style No. 3 'La Starlette' Faux Lash Compact
Price: $28.00
3 used & new from $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty But the Glue is Watery, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These lashes are so glamorous, precisely what you want something like this to be. I was able to put them on without much difficult, although I did have to trim them down a bit. The glue that comes with the lashes was a bit watery. I recommend squeezing some out and letting it dry a bit to become more tacky, then use a toothpick to apply it to your lashes. The glue also does not wash off easily, not from the lashes themselves or the eyelid. Be prepared to really spend some time removing the residue. They come in a case that allows you to store your lashes and keep them pristine; there is also a space to store the glue, as you can see in the picture. In the end, the lashes look great, and I definitely know I'll have fun with them.

Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Palm Springs Inflatable Hot Tub
Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Palm Springs Inflatable Hot Tub
Price: $410.22
13 used & new from $277.56

4.0 out of 5 stars My Son & His Family Are Thrilled!, June 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave this to my son and his family and asked him to write a review. Here is what he sent me.

This is a review of the Lay-Z-Spa Palm Springs hot tub and spa. There are 5 items I would like to discuss
in this review.

Assembly: The first thing I did upon opening the package was separate the different components of so I
could see what was what. This would turn out to be a lot more helpful than the manual itself. Most of
what was included could logically be assessed as far as its intended purpose without consulting the
manual. The actual process of putting this unit together was actually, in fact, very easy. I would say the
whole thing would have taken 5-10 minutes tops, had I not spent so much time trying to decipher the
manual.

Build Quality: The unit is quite sturdy and seems to be very well made. The sides are rigid, more so than
I had expected for an inflatable hot tub. The pump seems to work well and its waterproofing seems to
be on point.

Usage: The most important thing is, of course, enjoyment from actually using the hot tub. In testing, the
hot tub was definitely an enjoyable and relaxing experience. It is sizable enough to fit multiple people
comfortably. The various settings on the conveniently located pump were logical and easy to use. Lastly,
the jets were the right strength to be perfectly enjoyable.

Maintenance: The Lay-Z-Spa Palm Springs hot tub is relatively easy to maintain. The main components
of maintenance are the filter system and the floating apparatus used to distribute cleansing chemicals.
The filter needs to be cleaned daily, which is certainly easy to do. The other half of maintenance, the
chemical dispersal unit, is simply a matter of dropping it in the hot tub and letting it do its thing. Do note
that the chlorine/bromine tablets are not included.

The last thing that I wish to go over is the manual. I disliked the manual greatly. The biggest faults that
come to my mind are two things. One is that the pictures are extremely poor. There are three items that
feature the exact same picture with the only thing to distinguish them are small, not entirely lucid,
descriptions. The other problem is just how the whole thing is arranged. An index would have been of
great help here. There was a lot of time spent going back and forth within the manual. Eventually, I
ended up just dropping the manual in favor of just figuring it all out for myself, much to my benefit.
There IS an included disc, which may have been a visual setup guide, but heading back inside to sit down
start a DVD was even less ideal than braving this endeavor on my own.

Overall, though, it is a great device and I am happy to have it. I look forward to more time spent with it,
especially in the winter months.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2015 4:47 PM PDT

10k Yellow Gold Triangle Fashion Dangle Earrings
10k Yellow Gold Triangle Fashion Dangle Earrings
Price: $93.61

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Nearly As Elegant As Pictured, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
They are very small and lightweight, so they won't pull on earlobes. From "base" to the point of the triangle, the earrings measure one inch which is probably why they feel so light. Unfortunately, they look nice but cheap, not as elegant as they appear in the picture. A little larger and they might have made a wonderful statement piece. The only statement these earrings make is "meh" and, although I had hoped to give these to a friend as a gift, I'll look for something else, something that screams quality and don't seem so cheap. I will not look for another gift in the Amazon Collection. Very disappointing. I may give them to my granddaughter for her to wear for Halloween. That's about the level of quality these earrings seem to have; good enough for a costume.

Elixir Strings Nickel Plated Steel 5-String Bass Light, Long Scale with NANOWEB Coating Light, Long Scale (.045-.130)
Price: $46.17
7 used & new from $42.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Tone Thrilled the Professional and Novice, June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Picked these up for my husband who is learning to play bass but needed some new strings. I know nothing about these things so grabbing these was a bit of a risk. He was thrilled (whew!) and a friend of his who is a professional musician also commented on my excellent choice.

The quality of these strings lives up to professional standards if a person who makes a living as a musician is praising them, don't you think? I sure do and my husband loves the tone and feel of these strings. He just kept commenting on how much more fun it is to practice now that he has new strings for his instrument. Honestly, I couldn't be more thrilled and from now on I won't take any chances. I now know precisely what to buy for someone who wants quality bass strings. The coating seems to make all the difference!

T.S. Shure Introduction to Architecture Set & Book
T.S. Shure Introduction to Architecture Set & Book
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My 7-Year-Old Granddaughter Sorta Kinda Maybe Likes This, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this. My son loves it. My granddaughter loved it but then she hasn't really done anything with it. I may have jumped the gun a bit and chosen something that is a bit above her level or maybe she's just not interested . . . yet. She loved the poster and immediately looked for recognizable buildings. And she flipped through the book a bit but the pencils haven't been unwrapped and the stencils likewise remain in their wrapper.

I still think this is a great product although I wish the book that came with it were a little more detailed or developed a bit more to offer a real foundational understanding of architecture throughout history but, for a very basic start, the book is adequate. Everyone (except my granddaughter) was very excited by the stencils. I think it's just a matter of our sitting down with her and the materials and showing her what she can do with them. Once she gets started, no doubt she'll be inspired to do much more on her own.

Maybelline New York The Blushed Nudes, 0.34 Ounce
Maybelline New York The Blushed Nudes, 0.34 Ounce
Price: $8.98
43 used & new from $8.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Shades and Long Lasting Wear, June 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Gorgeous range of colors, some matte and some with a shimmer, these can easily carry the wearer from night to day with ease. I am not a fan of the applicators that come with the set and wish that there were a mirror included. Otherwise, I have absolutely no complaints. The pale shades to the left and most of the top row were a subtle blush of pink and I used the two shades on the upper right for a medium tone. The darker shades on the bottom blended so beautifully that I used them for a smokey eye. In fact, this set is so perfect for my complexion that I am going to take it with me on a trip in July. I won't need any other eye shadow for the 12 days I'll be traveling, just my own makeup brushes.

I really put them to the test, though. I wanted to see how they would hold up when I wore them out, on a hot day. I applied the shadow first thing in the morning, before 8am and was at an outdoor festival all day. It was 90F and I was sweating. When I checked my eyes late that afternoon, imagine my surprise to see that there was still color on my lids. I don't know when the last time was I found myself so pleased with both the colors and the quality of an eyeshadow. Simply the best collection of colors I've picked up in ages!

Fauna
Fauna
Price: $29.10
17 used & new from $20.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter (and the adults) Had Fun and Learned a Few Things Too!, June 3, 2015
This review is from: Fauna (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave this game to my granddaughter because she's at the perfect age for a game like this. I decided to ask her what she liked about the game and I wrote down what she listed:

1) It's an animal games and animals are awesome.
2) It's challenging. (Apparently she likes to be challenged.)
3) She learned about things that make different animals unique.
4) She liked that she also learned about continents and places and measurements.
5) Lots of cards so you can play this game over and over again.

I do hope PSI decides to create some expansion decks to go with this game because any game that is this much fun for young and old (yes, the adults enjoyed playing it too and we even learned a few things ourselves!) should grow with the players' knowledge. Great game for the entire family.

Out on the Wire: The Storytelling Secrets of the New Masters of Radio
Out on the Wire: The Storytelling Secrets of the New Masters of Radio
by Jessica Abel
Price: $8.42

4.0 out of 5 stars A Chance to Get an Inside Look at What Really Goes On, May 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Out on the Wire: The Storytelling Secrets of the New Masters of Radio by Jessica Abel is an interesting resource told through Abel’s skillful use of graphic story telling. She is an author of two textbooks about making comics which I joyfully gave to my daughter because Abel is so talented and able to communicate information that makes even confusing content accessible.

This new addition to her nonfiction graphic resources is no different, giving the reader a behind’s the scene look at how radio programs are produced, carrying reader from the inception of an idea to the final airing of an episode. I had never thought much about the work that goes into some of the NPR programs with which I am so familiar. I now have a better appreciation not only for This American Life and RadioLab but I find myself listening to podcasts with more respect for the work that goes into all of them.

Early in the book, Abel shares an excerpt from a previous publication she made for This American Life called Radio: An Illustrated Guide. The most interesting part of this is not only seeing how much has changed and/or stayed the same with how the one radio program is produced but even seeing Abel’s own creative process and growth. The fact is that the rest of this book is actually stronger than the excerpt. I honestly think it would have worked best as an appendix or even bonus at the end of the main text because so much in production has changed.

Nonetheless, I found this book interesting, more so the more I read. Although there are a lot of people who come and go on the page, Abel illustrates each so the reader is not left confused and even gives them a unique voice, evidence of her skill. Even for someone without a vested interest in learning how these programs are produced will find themselves, like me, enthralled with the various processes and later, long after the book itself is closed and on a shelf, listening to programs with greater appreciation.

AT-A-GLANCE Weekly / Monthly Planner, Collection, Academic Year, 13 Months, July 2015-July 2016, 8.38 x 11 Inch Page Size (YP104A-07)
Price: $24.02

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Basic Page Layouts But Quality is Lacking, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If I had seen this in a store, I would have immediately reached for it because I think it looks ideal for my daughter-in-law, who is currently going to school. I just know she would love the aqua blue that’s used to highlight the front cover. Absolutely her style!

Unfortunately, that pretty blue is only on the cover and binding and nowhere on any of the pages. How disappointing! Instead, the pages are mostly grey with orange on a simple white page. The layouts are fine with a two page monthly calendar followed by two page weekly calendar spreads. The paper is not especially sturdy, this is especially problematic because the cover is not well designed. It opens well enough but does not close easily. I hoped that maybe this was due to it needing to be “primed” so I opened and closed it over and over . . . and over and over . . . and over and . . . Still, the front cover simply doesn’t want to close nicely. This will result in wear and tear on those first few pages over time, possibly on the cover itself.

I simply don’t think this planner will hold up over time. I highly doubt it will last an entire school year. I’d be genuinely surprised if it were to hold up through more than a single semester. Very disappointed. Quality is simply lacking. I won’t even bother giving this to my daughter-in-law. What I will do is not order another planner online. Appearances are deceiving and this looked like a great purchase. Fool me once . . . it won’t happen again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20