Profile for mamalu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mamalu RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
On Running Womens Cloudsurfer Sneaker
On Running Womens Cloudsurfer Sneaker
Price: $93.13 - $152.61

5.0 out of 5 stars REPLACEMENT FOR KINSEI 4 AND PROPHECY 2... FINALLY!, December 28, 2014
Apparently, I am very picky when it comes to my running shoes. I loved the Asics Kinsei 4, (review written) and then they changed the model and I could not wear the 5. I discovered the Mizuno Wave Prophecy 2 (review written), and to my frustration, I could not wear the 3. I went back to the running store and talked with the salesperson. Even though I explained I was not looking for one of the light weight minimalist shoes, he suggested I put on the Cloudsurfer. To my surprise, it felt like a lighter version of the Kinsei 4's; I felt like I was walking on air. Of course, I knew that I would not know anything until I took the shoes out on the road. Yesterday, I laced them up and went for an EIGHT mile run right out of the box, no breaking in. The shoes were better than expected. Eight miles is a pretty long run for me - I just started training for another half - and the shoes were comfortable the entire time, no rubbing, no burning. Even better - and surprising - my legs were not sore after the run. So - if you are looking to replace either the Kinsei 4, or Wave Prophecy 2, give the Cloudsurfers a try. Hopefully, ON will not change the model, and I can finally stick with a shoe!

Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe,Pink,7.5 B US
Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2 Running Shoe,Pink,7.5 B US

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the 2's, could not wear the 3's., November 30, 2013
I am not going to repeat my review of the Asics Kinsei 5, other than to say that I could not be happier with my purchase of the Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 2. Apparently, I am very difficult to please when it comes to running shoes, but right out of the box I laced these on and was able to go for a long run, with no rubbing or irritation. I've been told I have high arches and over-pronate and these feel like they are made for me. Note: if you are looking for the new trendy lightweight running shoe, these are not for you.

Update: 12/28/14

Once again, a shoe company decided to change the model for the next generation. While I loved the Wave Prophecy 2, I could not run in the 3. I went back to the store and it was suggested I try the ON Cloudsurfer. I was skeptical since it looked lightweight and I was used to a heavy shoe, but I could not be happier with my purchase.

Pilates IQ Reformer, with Library Wheels
Pilates IQ Reformer, with Library Wheels
Offered by Balanced Body Inc.
Price: $1,895.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be happier!, November 30, 2013
The reformer was delivered on time, but upon setting it up I noticed that the shoulder rests were uneven. I contacted Balanced Body and I spoke with my representative, who had me upload some photos of the problem. Several days later she sent me a new carriage, at no cost, and arranged for the damaged carriage to be picked up from my house. The service from Balanced Body was outstanding.

That said, the set up of the reformer was very simple; I have used the IQ reformer before, so having a working knowledge of the machine was helpful. I purchased a box and pole separately, and recommend a box since many exercises on the reformer require one. I have not noticed that there are any limiting factors to using this reformer (which sits on the floor) as opposed to a studio reformer. I would however, suggest that a user have a basic understanding about how to use a reformer, to avoid any unnecessary injuries. I do not know if I am allowed to give a shout out to a website, but PilatesAnytime.com offers members new classes weekly, and it is just like being in a class in a studio. All in all, I could not be happier with my purchase.

White Wedding Reception Folding Style Chair Covers (set of 10)
White Wedding Reception Folding Style Chair Covers (set of 10)
Offered by Spring Rose
Price: $27.99
9 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, November 2, 2013
I purchased these to cover folding card chairs during an event I hosted in my house. I used a collection of disparate chairs borrowed from friends and family, and when covered with these covers and tied with a sash, it looked as if I had hired a caterer.

ASICS Women's GEL-Kinsei 5 Running Shoe
ASICS Women's GEL-Kinsei 5 Running Shoe
Price: Click here to see our price

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an improved Kinsei 4!, September 22, 2013
Last year I purchased several pairs of Gel Kinsei 4 running shoes and trained for and then ran in two half marathons and several smaller races. I loved the 4; from the minute I laced them on I ran for miles, and I wrote a sterling review. When it was time for new sneakers, there were no 4s in my size, so without hesitation I purchased the 5. I figured if anything, it would be a slight improvement. I could not be more wrong. I have now run several long (8+) runs, and have yet to get comfortable. Gone is that "floating on a cloud" sensation I had with my old sneakers, and I feel the jarring up my shins. I will NOT be purchasing another pair.

Update: I went to a runner's store in search of the Kinsei 4 and was told that no fewer than 300 people had come in complaining about the 5. They did not have any 4 in stock and recommended that I find them online. After a treadmill test, they suggested the Asic Kayano 20 would fit my needs. After wearing the 20 for a run, I nursed a blister for weeks.

I luckily still have a pair of the Kinsei 4 which I will wear tomorrow in a half marathon. When I went to pick up my packet at a different runner's store, they took a look at my tread on my old 4, and suggested I try the Mizuno Wave Prophecy 2. I tried them on at the store, and, yes, they felt most similar to the Kinsei 4. I immediately went home and purchased them from Amazon - at a price $50 less than the store. (You have to love Amazon!) I have yet to wear the shoes on a run since I have the half tomorrow, but look forward to test driving them next week.

Update 2: I am happy to report that I love the Mizuno Wave Prophecy 2, as they fit and feel like the Asics Kinsei 4. I had no problem with a long run straight out of the box. So, if you are looking for the Kinsei 4, check out this shoe!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 3:14 AM PDT

Skechers Women's Go Walk 2 Fashion Sneaker
Skechers Women's Go Walk 2 Fashion Sneaker
Price: $34.20 - $87.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, July 6, 2013
These are incredibly comfortable right out of the box - they do not need any breaking in and feel like slippers on my feet when I where them without socks. I had my mom (she's 70) purchase two pair and she is wearing nothing else. However, my daughter (21 year old)refused to even try them on saying that they look like old lady shoes. I don't agree - I'm 47, just purchased the hot pink and I think they are fun and stylish. And, should I say it again? COMFORTABLE!

Garmin Forerunner 210 Water Resistant GPS Enabled Watch without Heart Rate Monitor (Multicolor) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Ultimate Electronics
Price: Click here to see our price
26 used & new from $94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS watch!, April 18, 2013
I started with the Garmin 10, and while I found the watch was great, I was frustrated with the fact that it only told me current pace, and not the average pace for the mile. While this may not be a big deal for some, I was training for my first half marathon and cared about how fast I was averaging a mile, not how fast I was currently going. Furthermore, I wanted to add a heart rate monitor, and the 10 was not compatible. After doing my research and speaking directly with Garmin, I purchased the 210, along with a heart rate monitor. I have not been disappointed. The watch works just as I had hoped - it picks up the GPS fairly quickly, and I have it set to tell me my current heart rate along with the average mile pace. When I get home, I put it in the cradle and the watch easily uploads to the computer. As a pleasant surprise, I wore the heart rate monitor to an indoor spin class and turned my watch on. The watch recognized the fact that I was spinning without me providing any input, and labeled the workout on my calendar when I uploaded the information. I will be running in my second half marathon on Saturday, and will be wearing my Garmin 210 to help me pace the race. I could not be happier with the purchase!

ASICS Women's GEL-Kinsei 4 Running Shoe,Mosaic/White/Mosaic,7.5 M US
ASICS Women's GEL-Kinsei 4 Running Shoe,Mosaic/White/Mosaic,7.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Training for my first half marathon!, January 24, 2013
My 21 year old asked me to be her partner in the upcoming Disney Princess Half Marathon ... I have always been physically active, but knew that I had to step up my routine in order to be able to compete. A long time ASICS fan, I treated myself to the Gel-Kinsei after reading the reviews. From the very first time I laced them, I was able to run for miles - no rubbing, or irritation - no need to "break them in". Definitely worth the money, and the fact that they are different colors sparks conversation wherever I go. Please note that if you are looking for the new type of lightweight running shoe - these are definitely not for you.

Update: 12/28/14

I LOVED my Kinsei 4's, but could not wear the 5's. I switched to the Mizuno Wave Prophecy 2's and was very happy, until once again, the shoe manufacturer changed the design for the next model. I just discovered the ON Running Cloudsurfer in a specialty store. Despite the fact that it is a lightweight shoe, it felt great and I was able to run eight miles right out of the box. The shoes felt like a lighter version of the Kinsei 4's, and I am thrilled to run "on a cloud" again. Even better- there was no achiness in my legs after the run. Hopefully, ON will not change the model and I can finally stick with one shoe!

Zymox Topical Pet Cream with Hydrocortisone, 1-Ounce
Zymox Topical Pet Cream with Hydrocortisone, 1-Ounce
Price: $14.16
8 used & new from $7.55

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!, January 24, 2013
My 5 year old German Shepherd had chronic skin rashes, requiring expensive vet bills and medications... until I found Zymox. Now - the first sign of the rash, I treat the area with the cream, and the rash disappears within hours! FINALLY!

FitFlop Women's Happy Gogh Clog
FitFlop Women's Happy Gogh Clog

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, December 9, 2010
I have these in red and black and LOVE them. Not only are they extremely comfortable, but I have never had so many people ask me where I got my shoes before....Way to go Amazon!

Page: 1 | 2