Profile for Mimi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mimi RSS Feed (TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Immuderm (6 oz)
Immuderm (6 oz)
Offered by Action Development Group
Price: $54.44
7 used & new from $46.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Immuderm soaks in, even on an oily complexion, July 4, 2014
I've found that this cream goes a long way. I'm pushing 66 and have always had some pimply issues using moisturizers on my oily skin. Though I'm not the oil slick I used to be, I am still prone to an oily "T"." Nevertheless, I was anxious to try this because of the beta glucan 1,3/1,6. What I noticed immediately is the change in skin surface, that it went in and never felt like it was sitting on top of my skin. That was a first; many brands I've used over the years felt as if they could never do much but sit there and make me sweat. Not Immuderm. So even though I'm not young anymore and I never was a raving beauty, this find has turned out to be a lucky one. Looking at my own mug every day in the mirror naturally makes it more iffy for me to notice big changes, HOWEVER I lately received some complements using words like "glowing." And trust me, I'm not pregnant, only because of age and not from a lack of attempts! Ha! What I DO notice is the spots on my hands seeming to fade. Yes, I habitually apply sunblock, but that alone cannot fade old lady age spots. It has to be this cream and I use it twice daily the same as facial/neck application. So I love it, haven't broken out in little pimples, see the texture smoothing and am happy enough with that. If lines and wrinkles respond over time, all the better. But what the hell, aging isn't a character flaw! I won't mind being a good-looking old broad!

Brooks Men's Beast '12 Motion Control Running Shoes, Color: Gld/Pvmnt/Blk/Slvr/Wht, Size: 14.0
Offered by Brooks Sports
Price: $140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for use with GoodFeet product, March 28, 2014
Both husband and I wear Brooks but this time we received wide pair for him in error. Brooks will send a return label which is great but I suspect if we reorder here, he'll get another wide pair. Frustrating to know you ordered correctly but the wrong size is sent. Mine already have my Good Feet inserts in them. Brooks neutral is perfect for this. Total relief from bone spurs and p.fasciitis.

Brother 1034D 3 or 4 Thread Serger with Easy Lay In Threading with Differential Feed
Price: $191.53
33 used & new from $170.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Just dive into it, February 16, 2014
I watched the two DVDs right away but it was practicing with a pile of scrap material that really gave me the confidence to proceed with some projects on a variety of materials. I learned quickly about the importance of threading the machine in a particular order. (A looper thread broke and I goofed rethreading.) I later decided to pull out all the threads for the sake of threading on my own; the diagram inside the compartment makes it so easy. So anyway I'm not afraid to make mistakes and I think it'll be kind of fun learning all the advantages of a serger. I've had sewing machines since 1966 and am asking myself why I waited so long to get a serger. All the ratings here really helped me decide on the 1034D. I have no experience with other sergers for the sake of comparison, but this little Brother looks like a workhorse to me.

Stainless Steel Womens Circle Polished Shiny Hoop Earrings Thickness: 2.1 mm and Measurement:18mm
Offered by Silver Jewelry Forever
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars go-to stainless steel hoops, November 9, 2013
These are sturdy and for anyone who might have had an issue with the size of the part that goes through the ear holes... I noticed the flat sort of pieces felt bigger than the usual posts or wires. I simply greased them with a dab of polysporin before inserting in my ears. That helped ease them through and if there happened to be any irritation, the polysporin was there to prevent a problem. The earring size is very good for go-to wear, not heavy or earlobe-droopy. The steel appearance is shiny and I like 'em. Sure beats having to use a sterling polishing cloth every time I put earrings on.

Stainless Steel Dragonfly Pendant
Stainless Steel Dragonfly Pendant

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous dragonfly pendant, October 23, 2013
Shiny is a complete understatement. This dragonfly pendant is weighty, substantial and gorgeous. The round ring welded to the back of it for whatever chain you choose looks large enough for a really good size end piece to go through. At first glance it was bigger, more bold than I expected but I got over that real quick; you'll have to pry it out of my greedy hands. I love it and that's that. Nose to tail 1 5/8 inches. Wing tips top to bottom 1 7/8 inches. I'm looking at a fairly beefy cable chain for this - a 3.5mm diamond cut hammered 316L SS one that's here at Amazon. Reviews of it appear unisex. I'm female. This'll look so good on a black or red sweater this winter - the poor hibernating dragonfly (if they do that...) While I'm giving this to myself, I would not hesitate to give it as a gift, it's that nice. In fact, not such a bad idea to have one on hand for giving... Hmmm...

OGX Weightless Mousse, Nourishing Coconut Milk, 8oz
OGX Weightless Mousse, Nourishing Coconut Milk, 8oz
Price: $7.99
16 used & new from $6.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have looked here first! Organix Coconut Mousse, October 15, 2013
After searching all over the place in vain for more Organix Coconut Weightless Mousse, I found it here on Amazon and could have kicked myself for not looking here first. I've been hoarding the last of a bottle I bought in a Kroger grocery store ages ago. Anyway this stuff is wonderful. I have medium-long naturally curly hair, a mix if white, silver and gray. The texture of my hair with this mousse is very good, the curls dry soft and more bouncy than stiff. I've tried all kinds of products for curly hair and the Coconut Weightless is definitely my favorite. I usually work it in thoroughly, squeeze and scrunch the curls, go outside and shake my head pretty hard, lightly finger it back off my face and let it dry on its own. However, at times I've applied the mousse and combed it through before rolling my hair on the big ones - old fashioned yes, but a great way to have smooth or bigger curl without a brush and a blow dryer. It really gives good texture and softness to the (longer) style, not stiffness. A shaping hairspray (that you can mess with after you spray it on,) protects from high humidity here. Done this way it looks a few inches longer than when it dries curly. Weird. I'll keep on using this until it disappears forever, like so many favorites over the years.

Mysterious Mini Kitten Kuddler Cat Bed, Charcoal
Mysterious Mini Kitten Kuddler Cat Bed, Charcoal
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars kittens love the kuddler, October 10, 2013
We got one of these long ago for the Grandkitten, but got 2 more for the new outdoor kittens we adopted. At first, all 5 piled in one but now they divide 2 and 3 at times. The Grandcat still uses hers and it has stretched to conform her full grown size. The outdoor kittens will always have these to come home to on the porch once they're loose on the farm. They really must like the texture and warmth. Fun to watch them all settle in one or two.

Easy Gardener LG400171 7-by-100-Foot Deer Barrier Fencing
Easy Gardener LG400171 7-by-100-Foot Deer Barrier Fencing
Price: $61.37
20 used & new from $54.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Deer barrier fencing great for kitten enclosure, October 10, 2013
We constructed an outdoor enclosure for 5 adopted kittens and this stuff worked great. Using covered porch posts, we created a framework with 2x4s and stapled the fencing to it. In all we used 4 porch posts, turned the corner and ran it in to the temp frame board against the brick wall. The kittens have an area approximately 24x8 foot enclosure. We overlapped it and ran the fencing all the way up, stapling to the boards under the roof line so the little turkeys couldn't escape - they love climbing it. Then we secured it with furring strips over the stapled product. We enter the enclosure through the existing back porch entry door so it was a perfect solution. They will eventually be farm cats but would surely be killed by other critters or picked off by flying predators if left on their own outdoors. Plus since they weren't born here, they need to learn that this is home so they won't run off. They've all been neutered/spayed, wormed, shots, the whole deal. We were stumped over the kitten safety problem until stumbling on this product. The results are excellent. After 4 weeks there is no sign of any weakening point whatsoever. Kittens are 14 weeks old now.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 3:46 PM PST

Vidal Sassoon VS14434 No Headache Headbands (2 Headbands)
Vidal Sassoon VS14434 No Headache Headbands (2 Headbands)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sassoon headbands, July 11, 2013
You have to try these if you get headaches, hair escapees on the sides near your ears, or if your present headbands are loose and move around (especially when you put your glasses on.) I LOVE this design and how they fit. I have a large head and was hesitant, but I also have daughters I could give them to so I thought what the heck. Other reviews sounded promising. Anyway, As soon as I opened the package, I put one on and left it the whole rest of the day/night. Not one single pain. And my hair is long again now, naturally curly and naturally gray/white/silver, so it's naturally coarse. This headband is the champ as far as I'm concerned. As many others as I've tried (and given away) in the past, I never saw this in a store. I've already added more with other orders. I wish they came in colors and was thinking of attempting to spray paint one just to see if it would work... I'll come back and tell you if it does.

2 WASHABLE and REUSABLE Hepa Filters for All Bagless Hoover Windtunnels
2 WASHABLE and REUSABLE Hepa Filters for All Bagless Hoover Windtunnels
Offered by nwclass
Price: $8.95
7 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars HEPAs for my Windtunnel, July 11, 2013
I've cleaned and cleaned and cleaned my original HEPA filter for years and so was thrilled to find these at this price! Perfect replacements and will last and last. I got 2 so I could wash one and let it dry on it's own (used to use a hairdryer on no heat!) and put the other one in and not have to wait the dry time. Unbelievable what collects on these filters! UGH! YUK! And the stuff in the other chamber! Yikes! I bet in a 2-week period I've filled the chamber five times with "new carpet fuzz" and SAND! Good grief!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3