Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for TV Junkie > Reviews

Browse

TV Junkie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 93

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TV Junkie "TV Junkie" RSS Feed (Plains, MT USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
TiVo Roamio OTA 500 GB DVR (Old Version) - Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player - Works with Cable or HD Antenna
Offered by COWINS
Price: $88.88
30 used & new from $49.16

5.0 out of 5 stars lost good signals, and were inconsistent, March 20, 2016
I replaced a Premiere XL with the Roamio OTA. The Premiere tuners weren't very sensitive, lost good signals, and were inconsistent. The OTA tuners are rock solid, lock on nicely and stay with channels that have occasional signal "burps." I no longer have a pixellation problem with any channels. Being able to record 4 channels simultaneously as opposed to two, is very nice. I don't have overlapping recordings, cutting off beginnings or endings of programs anymore. The picture quality from the antenna is better for high def and 1080 programs than our old satellite set up was. The Roamio OTA also uses the commercial skip feature, which works like a charm. I'm satisfied so far. I just hope I can get at least 3 years out of it before it goes toes up. I've been using the OTA to access Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon, and it's easier to use than our old Roku, which has turned into a slo-mo, hiccup, re-boot nightmare. I attached a 1Tb DVR expander that I used with the Premiere, and it works very well to increase the storage capacity of the OTA. If you have a problem with the Roamio OTA rebooting every few minutes, unplug the expander power cord, and re-plug it in, it will solve your problem. Roamio OTA is the way to go for cable cutters. I really like it!

TiVo Roamio OTA HD DVR and Streaming Media Player (Certified Refurbished)
TiVo Roamio OTA HD DVR and Streaming Media Player (Certified Refurbished)
Offered by Woot
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid Performer, February 21, 2016
I replaced a Tivo Premiere XL I've had for 3 years with this because I was having tuner problems - not related to antennas or distance from repeaters. So far I've been very pleased with the OTA. It locks in the available channels very nicely and can record 4 programs at the same time. I was a bit reluctant to buy a refurbished product, but at $30 through Amazon, it was a screaming deal. It hadn't been activated and looked like it had never been out of the box. I'm a cable cutter and can access Hulu and Amazon with this machine if I want. I use two directional antennas coupled to a combiner. These are pointed to mountaintop repeaters 3 and 9 miles away. The stations are on different frequencies, so I have no problems with ghosting or pixellation. I added a 1TB DVR expander that I had with the Premier, and it's all working very nicely. The OTA only has a 75GB hard drive, so if you record very much, an external drive is necessary, or you could replace the internal HD with a large capacity drive, or so I've been told.

L.B. Evans Men's Klondike Slipper,Saddle,13 EEE
L.B. Evans Men's Klondike Slipper,Saddle,13 EEE
Price: $39.96
4 used & new from $39.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Very durable, worth the money, January 25, 2016
This is my second pair. I wore the first pair constantly for over 3 years before the trim on the heel starting coming off. The soles stayed attached to the uppers, but I wore holes through the liner at the balls of my feet. Very durable - I sometimes wore them out into the snow to feed the birds. Well worth the money. I bought them a size large because I have circulation issues and always wear wool socks, even when it's 100 F outside.

The Naughty Little Book of Gaelic
The Naughty Little Book of Gaelic
by Michael Newton
Price: $9.95
46 used & new from $5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars The Devil's What?, September 9, 2015
The Gaelic speaking folks I grew up around were too old-fashioned to pass on the "good stuff." One of the best things about this book is that it gives you a glimpse into Gaelic thinking. What's naughty or nasty in one culture is not so much in another.

Brothers of the Spear Archives Volume 2
Brothers of the Spear Archives Volume 2
by Gaylord DuBois
Price: $43.20
25 used & new from $24.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Nostalgia Trip, September 9, 2015
This volume is 2nd in a 3 volume series capturing the comic book serial that ran in Tarzan comics in the 1950s and 1960s. Comic book captions and stories have space limitations, but all things considering, this a a fun read, lots of adventure in old-fashioned deepest, darkest Africa. For me it's a nostalgia trip. I don't know how young people would view the stories.

Gibson Practice Chanter Reeds (2) and Reed Tube
Gibson Practice Chanter Reeds (2) and Reed Tube
Offered by Northwest Bagpipes
Price: $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best PC Reeds, September 9, 2015
These are probably the best practice chanter reeds I've come across in 40 years. If they're a bit too strong, put a small rubber bridle on them. The quality is very consistent. If 2 or more people are practicing together, make sure you have PCs of the same make and model.

Piobaireachd: Andrew MacNeill of Colonsay
Piobaireachd: Andrew MacNeill of Colonsay
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely "Modern" Piobaireachd, August 7, 2015
I've heard it said that no great piobaireachds could be written in modern times, that all the great ones are behind us, because the Gaelic Highland way of life is long gone. Andrew MacNeill of Colonsay by William Barrie disproves this opinion. It's a truly lovely, "modern" tune, and the SFU chorus and Jack Lee's SFU pipe band showcase the beauty of the composition. If you want a fine solo rendition on the GHB, go to Jack Lee's website.

Brothers of the Spear Archives Volume 1
Brothers of the Spear Archives Volume 1
by Gaylord Dubois
Price: $38.98
45 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lights Up The Dark Continent, June 19, 2015
My brother gave this volume to me as a gift. When I was a kid in the 1950s, I was on pins and needles waiting for the latest Tarzan issue to hit the stand at the old soda fountain. I enjoyed the Brothers of the Spear as much as I did Tarzan. For a lot of us, Africa was still a mysterious continent. There were areas that Europeans hadn't explored or written about. It was still possible that lost civilizations, rare animals, and exotic, unknown tribes still existed, waiting to be discovered. It was the land of King Solomon's Mine. I miss the innocence and sense of wonder the Brothers of the Spear so admirably captured. My brother and I knew nothing of racial prejudice and thought of Dan-el and Natongo as equals. What has happened in Africa in the last 60 years is too sad for words. I only hope that I'm still alive some day to see the fabulous, Dark Continent shine and all its people thrive. This compilation of the comic book series makes good fantasy reading at bedtime, and brings back some of the old feelings of wonder that I had as a kid. I hope new and young readers of this series can suspend their disbelief and enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for printing this series for us.

Design Toscano Peacock Sunset Stained Glass Window, Full Color
Design Toscano Peacock Sunset Stained Glass Window, Full Color
Price: $154.12
5 used & new from $123.30

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Work, May 8, 2015
This was very well packed and easy to install. The hanging chains are adjustable by removing links - split link, very easy to deal with. There was a minor amount of oil film or flux residue on the solder between the pieces of glass, but it was easily removed with a water solvent, organic cleaner - put on a cloth, carefully wiped just the affected pieces. It's a lovely work, my wife enjoys it.

Westland Giftware Magnetic Ceramic Salt and Pepper Shaker Set, 3.5-Inch, The Lord of The Rings Gollum and Samwise, Set of 2
Offered by TVMOVIEGIFTS
Price: $19.97
5 used & new from $8.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Gollum on the Dinner Table, May 8, 2015
This is a gift for my daughter next Xmas. She's a big Hobbit fan. I have to chuckle every time I look at it. Who would have Gollum on their dinner table?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10