Profile for Brian Kim > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian Kim RSS Feed (New York)

NuForce BT-860 Stereo Bluetooth Headset (Audiophile-Grade)
NuForce BT-860 Stereo Bluetooth Headset (Audiophile-Grade)

4.0 out of 5 stars NuForce BT-860 Review, August 7, 2011
I've used this product for the last two weeks and have had a chance to test out most of its functionality. Let's start off with their use as just bluetooth headphones. The sounds quality is good and not great, I would say it's not quite up to Nuforce standards (I use only Nuforce earphones), but that is one of the drawbacks of using bluetooth. The bass is not quite as solid abut the mediums and highs are still very clear. The volume also does not go very loud (I know this is an issues with a lot of bluetooth headphones, but even on max volumes I had some issues hearing songs in noisy environments). The headphones also provide very little noise-cancellation. But in terms of sound, I was satisfied.

As a bluetooth headset, they work very well. Despite no protruding mic, friends have never complained about not being able to hear me. Volume level is acceptable for calls and audio is clear.

The headphones sync'd very well with my phones and laptop very well. The controls on the headphones also worked very well and are very intuitive. The range is also pretty decent, I could leave my phone in the living room and walk around the house pretty freely without losing signal.

Though the sound quality is not great, it is worth the convenience of not having any wires. The headphones also look very good aesthetically. I've received several questions about them in my two weeks using them, and friends have been very impressed. I would recommend these headphones without hesitation unless you are someone who likes to listen to your music very loudly (which I would def. not recommend doing...).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2011 12:31 PM PDT

NuForce NE700X In-ear Headphones
NuForce NE700X In-ear Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars NE-700x Review, February 6, 2011
I just got these in the mail and was completely blown away. I am not a professional sound engineer or anything but I am a performing musician and have tried a lot of different headphones over the years. I used to use the NE-7ms which I loved and have used over the last year. But I have to say that these are noticeably much better than the 7ms. The bass response is unbelievable without being overbearing and things just sound sharp. They're not fully broken in yet, but I am very much impressed at the quality for the price. These will be my new go-to headphones now.

They also look very sharp and match my ipod nano perfectly. I would recommend these to anyone that is looking for headphones under $150. I've tried several others, and I can honestly say that I've been the most impressed by these. My only gripe would be the lack of a drawstring type thing to pull the wire up where it splits to make it tighter. The 7m had it, but these don't.