Profile for Sabrina S > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sabrina S RSS Feed (Ames, IA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dollie & Me Girls 2-6x Heart Graphic Skegging Set With Doll Garment, Lime/Turquoise, 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Runs VERY small!, February 28, 2014
Very cute, and my daughter loves it, but runs SO small. My daughter is 2 1/2 and wears a size 3T. When she put on the 3T, I thought she put on the doll shirt. It was insanely small. I reordered it in a Size 5. Hopefully that will fit!

To Train Up a Child
To Train Up a Child
by Debi Pearl
Price: $4.61
163 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting and horrifying, November 18, 2013
This review is from: To Train Up a Child (Paperback)
Sometimes it is funny to write sarcastic reviews about something. However, this is NO laughing matter, and I wish all of the people who wrote sarcastic, "funny" reviews of this book would delete them. The people who wrote this book are evil, and this book advocates child abuse of the worst kind. It is a disgusting piece of work, and that should be reflected by an extremely low rating on amazon. However, thanks to all of the "funny" people out there, it has 2 1/2 stars. At least three children have died as a result of the practices advocated in this book, and many more are likely suffering terribly at the hands of parents who are following these "guidelines" for child rearing. Beating a 6 month old with a rubber tube? Seriously? What could a 6 month old possibly do to warrant any kind of physical discipline? What could any child do to warrant the treatments suggested in this book? This book is a disgrace to humanity, and anyone who calls himself/herself a Christian should be rising up in fury over the "Christian" discipline suggested in this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 1:02 PM PST

The Kite Festival
The Kite Festival
DVD
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A kid's review, June 27, 2013
I think it's a little weird but I like it. Genevieve saw me watching it and she said "My watch Zoomi!" She is SO CUTE!

WAPPY DOG FOR NINTENDO DS
WAPPY DOG FOR NINTENDO DS
Offered by PlasmaBuddy
Price: $8.00
95 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 year old LOVES this game!, February 4, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My 6-year-old daughter received Wappy Dog for Christmas, and it is by far her favorite gift. In fact, it is probably her favorite video game and favorite toy EVER. She is completely in love with this game. The mini games are fun and educational, and she loves the toy dog. She would play with this all the time if I would let her. She recently asked me if she would ever "beat" the game because she said she would be very sad if she lost her "friendship" with Wappy. Highly recommend this game for all pet-loving kids who may not be old enough to responsibly care for a real pet.

Pacific Play Tents See Me 6' Tunnel
Pacific Play Tents See Me 6' Tunnel
Price: $24.99
11 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Years of entertainment for multiple children, December 9, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this play tunnel six years ago, when my first child was a toddler. He absolutely loved it. Fast forward six years and it is now the favorite toy of my third child. In fact, all three of my kids STILL love this tunnel. It has held up incredibly well after hundreds of hours of use. Best purchase I have ever made for my kids!

Baby Donut Cozy Multi-Use Mat, Made in the USA, in Green
Baby Donut Cozy Multi-Use Mat, Made in the USA, in Green

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter and I love it, November 23, 2011
My daughter is almost 4 months old, and we love the Woombie donut! I am a baby wearer, and I do not have a car seat carrier (we just used a convertible car seat right from the start). I can see where someone might not appreciate the usefulness of the Woombie donut if you carry your baby around in the car seat carrier all the time. However, I take the Woombie with me lots of places and my daughter loves it. I'm lucky enough to have a flexible job, and I still bring her to work with me about 15-20 hours a week. When she is at my office, she is on the Woombie all the time. She plays on it, she sleeps on it, she has tummy time on it. She absolutely loves it. It is so soft and comfy -- I just lay her down on it and she goes right to sleep. Wish I could say the same about her crib!

Of course it has to have warnings about not being for sleep and not to put baby on her tummy. In this day and age, when everyone sues over everything, companies can't be too careful. And of course I would not let her sleep on her tummy on the Woombie, but she sleeps on her back on it all the time when she is at work with me(see my customer photo).

My daughter has been able to roll from her back to her tummy since she was 8 weeks old, but she does not roll on the Woombie. It's just so comfy that she just lays there happily. And she is a fussy, colicky baby so it's really a miracle to be able to lay her down anywhere and not have her cry.

The Woombie donut has been a lifesaver for me -- it has allowed me to continue bringing her to work far longer than I expected. And I can't express how much that means to me, especially since she cries all day when she is not with me. I can't say enough good things about the Woombie!

Woombie The Baby Eco' Donut Multi Use Mat, Cream
Woombie The Baby Eco' Donut Multi Use Mat, Cream

Woombie The Baby Eco' Donut, Rose
Woombie The Baby Eco' Donut, Rose

Yoomi 8 oz Bottle with Warmer
Yoomi 8 oz Bottle with Warmer

4.0 out of 5 stars My picky baby liked it!, November 8, 2011
I have a 3-month-old daughter who would not take a bottle. I returned to work when she was 8 weeks old, and although she had taken a couple of bottles from her dad during the first eight weeks, she suddenly refused the bottle altogether when I was not around. Our caregiver tried different temperatures, and we tried all kinds of different bottles -- Avent, Playtex, Nuk. We were finally able to trick her into taking the First Years Breastflow bottle by giving it to her while she was sleeping. Our caregiver would wait until she fell asleep, then take her pacifier out of her mouth and replace it with the bottle. This worked ok with the Breastflow bottle, unless baby woke up. Then screaming ensued.

Enter the Yoomi bottle. I purchased this bottle after reading a blog article called Best Bottles for Breastfed Babies. I suspected that the temperature of the breastmilk was part of the reason baby would not take her bottle, and I also liked that the nipple design of the Yoomi bottle closely mimics the breast. It's definitely a pricier bottle, but consider that you are getting the bottle and the warmer. You can't buy a bottle warmer for under twenty dollars, so the Yoomi bottle plus warmer is really rather reasonable.

The Yoomi bottle has a honeycomb heating element that works almost magically. You simply place the heating element in boiling water for 25 minutes (I just put it in while I am sterilizing the bottle and my pump parts in the morning). The Yoomi warmer has a button that turns blue when the warmer is fully "charged." You then need to let the warmer cool for 75 minutes prior to using it. But when you are ready to use it, you just press the button and start feeding baby. As the milk passes over the warmer, the warmer heats the milk exactly to body temperature. Amazing!

I was still skeptical as to whether my picky baby would actually take this bottle, but she did! She drank the entire bottle (wide awake, no less) without incident. As any mom of a picky baby knows, this is such a relief for me. It's great to be able to go through my work day without worrying about whether baby is going to take her bottle or if she will be screaming for her caregiver all day. Thanks, Yoomi, for this amazing bottle! We love it!

***UPDATE 12/19/2011***

I forgot to mention previously that the Yoomi warmer has to be replaced after 100 uses or 3 months. Well, you will be lucky if it lasts 3 months. Mine gave out after not quite 2 months, and we only used it three times per week (once per day, three weekdays per week). I was pretty disappointed that it went out that quickly. It would cost me another $24.95, plus $9.99 shipping to order a new warmer. I can't really justify that to get maybe 10-15 uses out of it. So we're back on the hunt for another bottle our picky baby will accept. *sigh*
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 7:14 PM PDT

Robeez Organic Wild Hibiscus Socks, Pink, 6-12 Months
Robeez Organic Wild Hibiscus Socks, Pink, 6-12 Months

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby socks ever!, October 25, 2011
I've had three children, and these are the only baby socks I have ever owned that actually stay on! Plus they are super cute. Love these!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6