Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Anne > Reviews

Browse

Anne's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anne "argentyne" RSS Feed (KIRKLAND, WA, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Monument Valley
Monument Valley
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, October 9, 2015
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
This game is gorgeous. Beautifully drawn and animated. Not simple, but not so hard that it gets frustrating. I highly recommend this game.

BEESWAX PELLETS, YELLOW-1LB-Must Have For Many Different Projects-Including Lotions, Salves, Body Butters, Deodorant, Lip Balm, Candle Making, and Furniture Polish
Offered by Natural Planet
Price: $11.89

1.0 out of 5 stars If you can smell ANYTHING, do NOT buy this., July 25, 2015
I also wish I had read more of the reviews. I went with the fact that this had a 4.5 star rating.

This stuff smells HORRIBLE. I have made candles and lotions for years and years. I know VERY WELL what beeswax should smell like. Honey or nothing. I admit, I like the honey scent of beeswax. :)

This smells TERRIBLE. I also thought one of my other oils had gone rancid. I checked all of them, I blamed my coconut oil, I then blamed my shea butter. I used over an OUNCE of scent and I still cannot overpower how awful this stuff smells.

I will never buy this again, and will be warning others away from it as well. Now I have to figure out if I want to throw out all the lotion bars or keep them and use them only on feet.

Murder of Crows: A Novel of the Others
Murder of Crows: A Novel of the Others
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought it, enough said., March 21, 2015
I like these novels. They are interesting and well written, even if they are a bit simplistic story wise. They are a very interesting take on an alternate type of world.

White Noise
White Noise

1.0 out of 5 stars Not on yours, or my, life., January 9, 2015
This review is from: White Noise (App)
Not a chance in heck. No way, no how. A white noise app should not require GPS information ever. I'm a bit unhappy about several of the others, but I won't EVER download this as long as it wants GPS location information.

I bought a small, battery operated white noise device from the five and dime. It cost just under $9. It has lovely recorded sounds, no super obvious looping, will never EEEEEEVER ask for intrusive personal information, and won't randomly wake up, light up my bedroom, and then wake ME up.

Bad app, avoid it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2015 7:22 AM PST

Montezuma Puzzle Premium
Montezuma Puzzle Premium

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice. A bit bare, but nice., October 14, 2014
This review is from: Montezuma Puzzle Premium (App)
I'm enjoying this game. Picked it up as a FAotD, and the lack of permissions inspired me to install immediately. The lack of directions wasn't a big deal to me, the game isn't exactly rocket science.

I like the simplicity. I like the fact that it is a complex but simple logic puzzle. I love the lack of timers or retry limits.

So far, the only thing I haven't liked is the Rate Us box that pops up every few levels. If that is the worst I can say, it must be a decent puzzle game.

WordsWorth
WordsWorth

1.0 out of 5 stars Wait, you want WHAT!?!, February 19, 2014
This review is from: WordsWorth (App)
There is no way I will purchase a game with these kinds of permissions. You can't pay me to take it either.

If I were getting a GPS mapping program, I wouldn't take it with all of these permissions.

Bad developer! No cookie!

I would recommend that Amazon replace this FAOTD with something less harmful. Like perhaps brain surgery by a drunk chimp.

Anthill
Anthill

3.0 out of 5 stars Too bad it is severely unstable, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Anthill (App)
I like this game. I really enjoy it. It is challenging and takes strategy and cunning.

The major issue I have is that the game crashes frequently. Especially when you are finally doing well on a challenging level. Or if you blink, or if you breathe wrong.

This would have been a 4 star review if the game was stable.

Abalone
Abalone

1.0 out of 5 stars um, excuse me? No thank you!, June 22, 2013
This review is from: Abalone (App)
This is a GAME. It is not an app to go places or find anything. It is not looking to help improve my situation in any way other than killing time in an enjoyable manner.

There is less than ZERO chance I will purchase or download a game that wants my location, ID and/or network information.

Go back to the drawing board on this one. Don't buy any games, even if they are free, if they have such questionable permissions. We NEED to show developers we are serious.

Cubistry
Cubistry

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly fun!, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Cubistry (App)
I really like this game. It doesn't have invasive permissions, which is an automatic point in its favor; but it is also well designed and entertaining.

It is a simple game, in that it is a matching game, however the graphics are clean, the movement is very smooth, and response is quick and accurate.

I enjoy the game. I wish it had some settable options, like the option to turn off sounds and set difficulty, but I can forgive those for the fact that the game is well done.

Kinito Ninja
Kinito Ninja

1.0 out of 5 stars Not gonna do it, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Kinito Ninja (App)
I love side scrolled games. I have for years. I still own many for my consoles. So I was super excited to see a side scroller as today's FAOTD. Then came the permissions.

I will harp on this all I want. GAMES do NOT need to access information about my networks. Period. No ifs, no ands, no buts.

When I do find games that have appropriate permissions, not onl am i willing to get the free app of the day, but I go and check out the other games that company has put out. If the free app is good, I think about buying other apps from that company. There are a few app developers where I have BOUGHT THE ENTIRE LINE OF APPS.

So devs, please think about that when you are setting up your permissions.

Page: 1 | 2