Profile for Eric E. Haas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 117

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric E. Haas RSS Feed (Holland, MI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Military Field Trousers, 100% Wool - Olive Drab - Army Issue (Small Regular)
Military Field Trousers, 100% Wool - Olive Drab - Army Issue (Small Regular)
4 used & new from $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars MUCH too long!, January 23, 2015
I just received my pants. They are **MUCH** too long. I ordered a long, as I am 6'1" tall and wear a 34" inseam. What I found was that the waist is MUCH too high (way above my belly button) and the pantlegs are MUCH too long (several inches). I suppose the pantlegs can be hemmed, but not much to be done about the high waist. Seriously, these might fit Kareem Abdul-Jabbar! I presume that the non-long "regular" length would fit me better, but given how insanely high the waist on these was, am unwilling to go through the effort to find out.

I looked up the milspec on this and apparently these are supposed to be made out of 18 oz wool serge cloth. As such, they ought to be somewhat warm and give good performance in the winter -- IF you can reasonably wear them. Despite presumedly being many decades old, the pants arrived very clean and in perfect condition. But I'm returning them, in favor of (Canadian-made) Codet Big Ben wool trousers from armysurplusforless. A bit more expensive, but thicker, MUCH better fitting, and generally better for me (they fit right out of the box).

Am disappointed that these Military Field Trousers didn't work out for me -- but maybe they will work out better for you.

Ambient Water Temperature self-cleaning nozzle attachable bidet
Ambient Water Temperature self-cleaning nozzle attachable bidet
Price: $57.91
5 used & new from $57.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Best seat in the house!, January 18, 2015
After getting mine, I was extolling the virtues thereof to a friend and his wife. Sensing that they were intrigued, I got one of these for them for Christmas. Follows is the Thank You card and note that they sent me.

You're gonna put what attachment on the toilet???

The nozzle does what??

It shoots up where??

Cheers to a new year with more "wet and wild" experiences ahead in 2015. :-) Thank You

Dear Eric,

Thank you for the Blue Bidet and for giving us a gift that will help Bill and myself get a "clean" and "fresh" start in the new year. I "flushed" with embarrassment when Bill first opened your gift. However, I'm beginning to see the value of using it. Plus, it has already helped to ring in a "happy" new year for Bill because every time he uses the Bidet, I hear him break into gales of laughter. And even long after the excitement of the moment has passed, he still comes out of the bathroom with a big grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye.

Thank you from the "bottoms" of our hearts for your thoughtfulness and for your generosity and for transforming an ordinary "loo" into what's now the "Best seat in the house".

Too-da-"loo"

So that's my friend's review. Here's mine.

I found the installation extremely easy, quick, and straightforward. Virtually without tools!

You can completely control the amount of pressure that it squirts you with. Anywhere from an extremely gentle stream of water (like a drinking water fountain) to high pressure -- whatever "floats your boat". Once you start the water flow, you just squirm around a bit to ensure that you are well cleansed. You can then use a small amount of toilet paper to finish the job. They advertise about 70% reduction in toilet paper usage -- and that sounds about right to me. After you get up, I find that there is some splash-back onto the toilet seat that requires a quick swipe with toilet paper. When you flush, you can give a quick squirt with the self-cleaning mechanism. While probably not necessary, it gives one a confident sense of the unit's continuing cleanliness.

Before I used it, I was worried that the cold water would be problematic -- but not so.

Overall, I find this device excellent. I look forward to using it and miss it when am away from home. It is extremely inexpensive, easy to install, easy to use, good looking, ...

Am very pleased with this device and heartily recommend it. I suppose that it would be especially attractive to folks who suffer from hemorrhoids or who suffer from loose stools for whatever reason.

I notice that there are several very similar products on the market from competing vendors. I have not tried any others -- so cannot comment on their performance vs. this one. I note that some of them are exceptionally fancy (and correspondingly expensive) - including features such as a heated seat, heated water, a nozzle that moves back and forth, etc. Those features seem needlessly extravagant/expensive.

Toughstake Small 9'' 4pk 851416002177
Toughstake Small 9'' 4pk 851416002177
Offered by 21st-Century-Goods
Price: $24.49
11 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Has worked well under constant use for over a year so far, December 18, 2014
I've used these in very sandy soil to secure a rain fly. They've held year-round. The only problem that I've had was that:
- Once when I was moving the stake, I pushed the stake in the sandy soil. Then, while holding the stake fully inserted with my foot, I pulled the wire horizontally across the ground so that it cut a path through the soil until it was pointed at the fly. I pulled so hard that it the wire came off of the swage at the end (that secures it to the stake). I replaced the wire with some cord and it still works adequately.

I was so happy with the performance of the original four stakes that I got four more as spares.

G7 Power G7A21930 900 Lumen LED Light Bulb, 9-watt, Warm White
G7 Power G7A21930 900 Lumen LED Light Bulb, 9-watt, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an extremely efficient light bulb. At 100 ..., December 17, 2014
This is an extremely efficient light bulb. At 100 lumens/watt, it is basically one of the most efficient bulbs available in the world at this time.

The 3000 °K color is similar to what your are used to for fluorescent lighting (i.e., quite white, which I like).

I use this in a down-light application. I have it in a can in a ceiling -- it replaced a 65W bulb and is much brighter.

Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran Cereal, 13.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran Cereal, 13.25-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $36.27
10 used & new from $24.90

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY tasty, but expensive here, December 15, 2014
I love this stuff. It tastes fabulous. Has the sort of nutrition profile that seems attractive/healthful too.

Once Costco and Sam's Club stopped carrying it, I turned to buying it here. Then it got really expensive here.

I find that it is available at relatively low cost either from Trader Joe's (if you are fortunate enough to have one near you) or direct from the manufacturer ($0.225/oz if you get 6 35 oz boxes).

Tourna Mesh Carry Bag of 18 Tennis Balls
Tourna Mesh Carry Bag of 18 Tennis Balls
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I found that it was a really great deal. All I needed was inexpensive balls, December 15, 2014
I got this big bag of tennis balls to use while drying down sleeping bags, comforters, and such (i.e., in my clothes dryer). I found that it was a really great deal. All I needed was inexpensive balls. I can't address how well these things bounce or how useful they are for playing tennis. But I've been using them for about a year or so and am happy with them. No complaints whatsoever!

The Time-Crunched Cyclist, 2nd Ed.: Fit, Fast, Powerful in 6 Hours a Week (The Time-Crunched Athlete)
by Chris Carmichael
Price: $13.69
89 used & new from $11.09

5.0 out of 5 stars So I'm pretty happy that Mr, December 15, 2014
I got three copies of this book -- one for myself, one for my long-distance cycling friend, and one for my long-distance kayak racing friend.

Just as I'd hoped, my kayak-racing friend found the advice here to span sports and to be extremely applicable to him. This helped him prepare for the longest kayak race he'd ever attempted (he ended up getting a silver medal at a National Championship event).

So I'm pretty happy that Mr. Carmichael's advice appears generally useful for time-crunched athletes -- not just cyclists.

Coleman ComfortSmart Suspension Chair
Coleman ComfortSmart Suspension Chair
Price: $57.44
13 used & new from $48.95

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOOO Comfortable!!!!, December 15, 2014
This is simply the most comfortable folding chair that I've ever sat in. Several others have said the same thing.

Before I bought it, I was concerned by other reviewers who complained that the thing broke on them. By studying the design, I can see how that might happen. I suggest that the sort of damage that folks are complaining about is unlikely to happen unless you have at least a few of the following dynamics present:
- VERY heavy person sitting in the chair.
- Chair not stably set on level ground. I know, this is basically for the outdoors. But if you set it up with high stresses on just one of the legs, bad things are clearly more likely to happen.
- Aggressive/uncareful folding/deploying

I've only used it for six months or so, but have been extremely happy with it so far. SOOOO Comfortable!!!!!!!

I'm planning on babying the chair to try to ensure many years of use. It is really unbelievable how comfortable this chair is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2015 6:10 AM PST

Red Wool Monty Beret, X-Large
Red Wool Monty Beret, X-Large
Offered by Silberman's WorkWear
Price: $10.99
10 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice inexpensive beret, December 15, 2014
This review is from: Red Wool Monty Beret (Apparel)
I got the red one. The color isn't quite as bright as I'd prefer, but it is OK. This beret is a great value. Quite happy with it.

Merrick Engineering C84311-GH White Giant Tubular Plastic Hanger - 3*12 packs (36 hangers)
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $42.00
3 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Hangers For Big Guys!, December 15, 2014
I've been using these for some time (at least ten years or so). I'm a big guy. My shoulders span about 21". My shirts and jackets fit great on this very large hanger. Plus, it is pretty thick plastic. I've broken one -- so they aren't indestructible. But if you are somewhat careful, they should last for a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12