Profile for P. McWhorter > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 120

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. McWhorter RSS Feed (Christoval, Texas)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Healthy Joe Chia Seed, 1 Pound
Healthy Joe Chia Seed, 1 Pound
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are really good Chia Seeds. I was happy to find that I can get them on Amazon. My favorite way to consume these seeds is to soak them in Orange Juice. After soaking overnight, they swell up and make a delicious custard like creation you can eat with a spoon. These are really delicious and healthy.

Melitta 40994 1.7-Liter Kettle
Melitta 40994 1.7-Liter Kettle
Price: $39.99
10 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, September 21, 2014
I am really impressed with this tea kettle. It has an attractive design, and looks good on the countertop. When you plug it in, and turn it on, it brings the water to a boil quickly. It has a large, insulated handle that is cool to the touch, and easy to hold and pour, without burning your fingers.The kettle has a window that allows you to easily see how much water remains in it. The unit automatically shuts off when the water comes to a boil.

I am really happy with this unit and give it my highest recommendation.

DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Brad Nailer and Compressor Combo Kit
DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Brad Nailer and Compressor Combo Kit
Price: $252.26
2 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Unit, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am pleased and impressed with this Dewalt Compressor. It is one of the flat "pancake" types. I like the large plastic handle on the top. While the unit is somewhat heavy, it is easy to move around because of the large, centered top handle. The connectors, hose and fittings are all high quality, and the dials and gauges are well built as well. The nailer itself is well built, so all in all, this is a very nice set up.

My only disappointment was that other than the nailgun the kit kit does not include any accessories. It would have been nice to get a blower attachment and attachment for airing car tires. While this is a minor quibble, I think most home users would appreciate a few more accessories in the kit.

Yixing Tea Set with Black and White Set 30pcs Large Set with Large Bamboo Tea Tray
Offered by Musiccitytea
Price: $238.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an Excellent Tea Set, September 19, 2014
This is an excellent tea set. It has everything you need to a traditional Gong Fu tea ceremony. The set is packed well and arrived with no damaged or missing pieces. All the parts are of exceptional quality.

I am really happy with the workmanship and completeness of the set. My only regret is that I wish it had a drainage tray under the serving tray. The serving tray does have a drainage hose, but I prefer the sets that have drainage tray under the serving tray. This is a minor quibble and I am extremely happy with this tea set.

T-fal PF311 ActiBread 15 Programs Bread Machine Stainless Steel Housing Nonstick Coating Automatic Bread Maker with LCD Display, 700-watt, Silver
Offered by Home & Cook USA
Price: $149.90
2 used & new from $142.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Gluten Free . . . How?, September 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several fine bread machines that I have had for years, but my interest in this machine was that it was touted as a "Gluten Free" bread machine. Given this is the headline for the product, my expectation was that upon opening it, I would have what I needed, or know what I needed to make gluten free bread.

The issue is, the machine does not include any recipes on how to make gluten free bread from scratch, does not include any gluten free pre-mix packets, and does not even give specifics on what gluten free premixes to use. My instructions just said to find some gluten free premixes, which are readily available???? So, my issue is, which premixes should we use? Which brands, available where?

So, I am left to do the research, and the experimentation on what premixes to buy, where to buy them, and which ones work best with this machine.

So my bad rating is not saying the machine is not a competent bread machine, my gripe is that I dont feel the package gives me the materials or expertise I need to make gluten free bread.

So, my bottom line question is this . . . how is this a "Gluten Free" breadmaker any more than any other breadmaker?

ASAP Silver Solution Applicator Kit
ASAP Silver Solution Applicator Kit
Offered by Harris Outdoors-Harris Decoys
Price: $4.99
4 used & new from $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic, Not Glass, September 16, 2014
These bottle are made of plastic. Looking at them in the picture, I had assumed they were glass. Given that these are plastic, and fairly flimsy plastic, these bottles are WAY overpriced. The spray tops work well, but at this price, I want glass bottles.

32-oz Amber Growler (Boston Round) with Phenolic Lid - perfect for Kombucha!
32-oz Amber Growler (Boston Round) with Phenolic Lid - perfect for Kombucha!
Offered by Atharva Products
Price: $8.57
9 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I needed, September 16, 2014
This is a great solid glass bottle. The lid is well designed and seals well to the bottle. This bottle is excellent for light sensitive liquids like Colloidal Silver or Hydrogen Peroxide. I am pleased with the bottle and intend to order more.

T4T: A Discipleship Re-Revolution: The Story Behind the World's Fastest Growing Church Planting Movement and How it Can Happen in Your Community!
by Steve Smith
Price: $15.35
19 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 16, 2014
This is a great book on discipleship. I am aware of organizations using this book in East Africa with great success. There appears to be incredible fruit coming from the simple, Biblical principals of church planting and growth established in this book. Here in US I think many churches would be well served to get back to the Biblically based tools described in this book.

Great River Organic Milling, Organic Whole Grains Corn, 25-Pound Package
Great River Organic Milling, Organic Whole Grains Corn, 25-Pound Package
Price: $37.08

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale!, September 16, 2014
I was pleased to find this large bag of organic corn, which they claim is non-GMO. I purchased the corn to make cornbread and home made hominy. I was pleased to open the bag and find that kernels were clean and looked good. I did not find any trash or many broken kernels in the bag.

My disappointment is that the corn tastes stale and almost moldy. I have made cornbread from fresh ground corn for decades, and this is the WORST tasting corn I have ever gotten. I am not sure if my kernels were not properly dried, or if they had been sitting around the granary too long, but the bottom line is I found the corn to not be usable.

Others appear to be happy with grinding and using as corn meal, so perhaps I just got an old or bad bag, but the bottom line is that it it unusable for me, and I will be grinding it and feeding it to the chickens.

Amber Glass Nasal and Oral Sprayer for Colloidal Silver and Saline Applications, 30ml (1oz) 2-pack
Offered by Sinox Health
Price: $8.95
2 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Glass Bottles, September 16, 2014
These are great little bottles if you are interested in mixing your own nose sprays. I like these glass ones better than the cheaper plastic bottles. The spray heads work well, and put out a very fine mist. I have been impressed with them, and feel like I got a good deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20