Profile for P. McWhorter > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 118

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. McWhorter RSS Feed (Christoval, Texas)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Intermatic DT122K 15-Amp Two-Outlet Heavy Duty Digital Indoor Timer
Intermatic DT122K 15-Amp Two-Outlet Heavy Duty Digital Indoor Timer
Price: $19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, August 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My hot water heater has a pump on it, and I wanted a way to turn the pump off at night so to not pump hot water around the house at night when it is not needed. The pump is fairly high current and beyond the safety rating of most home timers, which are designed for lamps and such. I was happy to get the chance to try this switch, which is able to switch a whopping 15 amps.

The unit is fairly easy to program, and the buttons are intuitive. It allows you to set on times and off times for anything connected to it. You can program it individually for each day of the week, or you can program a sequence which is the same for each day. In addition, it has a random setting, which would be useful for controlling a lamp if you are going to be away for a few days.

The unit works well. The only thing I did not like is the packaging is very unfriendly, and I had trouble getting the unit out of the package even with a heavy pair of kitchen scissors. Also, the instructions are very small and hard to read. Other than that, I have been very pleased with the unit.

Ivation Portable Rechargeable Ultra-Bright LED Floodlight - Features IP65 Waterproof - Rated at 10 Watts - 500 Lumens
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Multipurpose Light, August 22, 2014
This is a great multipurpose light. First off, it is very bright. It is plenty bright to illuminate a room, or an individual workspace in a garage or shop. The light comes on a stand that makes it easy to point the light right where you need it. It is sturdy and stays in position wherever you place it. The unit has a rechargeable battery. Because of the LED technology, the battery life is excellent. I got three hours of illumination on mine when fully charged.

This light is great for lots of different things. I see it as a good item for leave in the trunk of the car for any unseen emergencies. What is really nice is that it will run off its built in battery, or can be run from the car's cigarette lighter. I also see it as great for any projects you might have in the garage.

I am very impressed with this light and consider it to be well built and engineered. Note that I received a product sample for review.

Jumbl High-Resolution 22MP All-In-1 Scanner/Digitizer - Converts 35mm Negative Films, 35mm Slides, 110, 126, 127 and Super 8 Film to 22-Megapixel Digital JPEGs - No Computer/Software Required to Operate - Features 2.4" Color LCD & TV Out - Includes Speed-Load Adapters for Fast Repeat Scanning of Slides & Negatives
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $114.99
2 used & new from $114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Digitally Archive Your Old Slides, August 18, 2014
Color photography with 35mm slides probably hit its peak in the 1970's and early 1980's. That means that most of the slides taken are already hitting the "end of life", and are beginning to show either minor or major signs of deterioration, depending on particulars of storage conditions. The bottom line is that if you have cherished family memories on 35 mm slides you better get busy and digitize them while there is still something there to save. You can either pay a professional to do it, or you can do it yourself. If you have just a few to do, you might as well pay someone to scan them, but if you have boxes full of old slides, it probably makes sense to purchase a slide scanner, and do it yourself.

The Jumbl 22 MP offers a fairly affordable way to get set up at home with a simple to use unit to scan your slides. It is simple to use, and allows you to make quick work of digitally preserving your treasured family memories. I have been impressed with the unit and have not identified any problems with it.

(I received a review sample)

OXO Good Grips Interlocking Corn Holders, Yellow/Green
OXO Good Grips Interlocking Corn Holders, Yellow/Green
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Better than Most, August 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We eat a lot of corn on the cob, so I was happy to get the chance to use these Corn Holders. The old set we had was falling apart, so we were happy to see this set arrive in the mail.

I have been impressed with this product. It is well made, and more sturdy than similar products I have had in the past. A neat feature is the holders clip together, making it easier to keep them stored neatly in a drawer, and protecting the blade parts.

Overall a well designed and well executed product.

Moen  GA821 Moen Rinse basket, Stainless
Moen GA821 Moen Rinse basket, Stainless
Price: $63.75
2 used & new from $63.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Hand Washing Dishes, August 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since our daughter grew up, it is now just my wife and I left at home. We find that as often as not, we just wash dishes by hand since there are not many dishes and that is just about as easy loading and firing up the dishwasher. We had been just stacking the dishes on a towel to dry, so we were excited to get the chance to try this dish rack.

We have been pleased with it. It is sturdy and well built. It is designed well. It is just the right size to wash dishes by hand for a family of two. We plan to continue to wash dishes by hand, and continue to use this product.

Remington Products R3 Power Series Rotary Shaver
Remington Products R3 Power Series Rotary Shaver
Price: $29.97
3 used & new from $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated Review 7/18/2014, August 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had originally given this 2 stars, but after using it a few weeks, I give it 5 stars. The reason is that it gives a close comfortable shave at an affordable price. Initially I experienced some irritation on the neck, but after a few days of use, I never experienced irritation again. After using it almost a month, I can say it is a good razor for the price.

The bottom line on electric razors is this. None of them will shave as close as a blade. The high end Braun electric razors with the cartridges that automatically clean the razor after each shave give the closest shave of the electric razors. The downside of these is that they cost close to $200, and the cleaning cartridges are expensive, and you end up spending as much on the cleaning cartridges as you do the razor. If you are not concerned about purchase cost, or cost of consumables, the high end Braun razors are the best.

For those wanting a decent shave at an affordable price This Remington is a good option. What I like about the 3 head rotary design is that it is very good about getting all the whiskers in just a few passes on the face. In fact, I find that it is better than the Braun at getting all the whiskers and not leaving missed patches. It actually takes me less time to shave with this Remington than with my high end Braun.

So, after using for some time, I can give this razor a thumbs up as giving a good close shave at a reasonable price.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I have been using electric razors for over ten years, and always have my eye out for an affordable option that will give good results. This razor caught my eye because it is a name brand and priced under $30.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get acceptable results from this razor. I have used it for several days and it is causing irritation and razor burn on my neck. On the remainder of my face it is not causing irritation, but it is not giving a close shave. In saying the shave is not close, I am comparing to other electric razors. By the afternoon, I have noticeable stubble.

I would suggest spending more and getting a Braun electric razor.

Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knockout, 16-Ounce
Doktor Doom Spider Mite Knockout, 16-Ounce
Price: $17.41
13 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a pretty good bug killer, August 3, 2014
This is a pretty good bug killer. I have used it in the greenhouse, and it appears to knock out the advertised bugs pretty well. It is a nice big can with a good capacity. I have been pleased with the product so far.

EasyAcc® Music Cube Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in Microphone, 25-30 Hours Play-time, Rechargeable Lithium Battery and Bass Amplification Technology
Offered by EasyAcc.A Store
Price: $68.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bass bor a Small Box, August 3, 2014
This is a really nice wireless bluetooth speaker. The sound is excellent, and I was impressed with how easy it was to set up. I had it out of the box and synched with my droid smartphone in under a minute without reading the instructions. What really impressed me though was the sound quality. This unit has excellent base for speaker this small. I am very pleased with it, and look forward to enjoying it in my office.

The unit operates on a rechargeable battery which is recharged via USB cable hooked to your computer. Once charged, the unit has excellent battery life. I can listen for hours on a single charge.

The unit is solidly built, and looks good on the desk. I am very pleased with it, and look forward to enjoying it in my office.

(I was provided a review sample)

Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Price: $249.95
35 used & new from $219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster Oven, July 28, 2014
This is a wonderful little toaster oven. It is well designed, well made, and looks good on the countertop. It is simple and intuitive to use, and can be used for big jobs and small jobs. You just choose the type of item you are cooking, then set your desired temperature and then your desired cook time. It is suitable for big cooking jobs and small cooking jobs. I cooked a 10 pound pork butt to make a pulled pork, and it came out great.

A couple minor quibbles with this product. The timer only goes up to 2 hours, so it is not practical to slow roast a port or brisket overnight. I wish the time would allow 8 hour or 10 hour cook times. The second thing to realize is this little oven is not as well insulated as your kitchen oven, so it will actually heat your house up worse than your full size kitchen oven. Hence, when I use this in the summer I put it on the back porch. It really gets hot, and very hot to the touch on the outside.

Love the product and am happy to have it.

Breville BOV800PS13 13-Inch Pizza Stone for use with the BOV800XL Smart Oven
Breville BOV800PS13 13-Inch Pizza Stone for use with the BOV800XL Smart Oven
Price: $28.98
3 used & new from $28.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pizza from your Breville Smart Oven, July 28, 2014
This is a great pizza stone that fits perfectly into the Breville BOV800XL smart oven, With it, you can make really first rate pizza in the Breville. It is also very good to use for making bread in the Breville. I am very pleased with this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20