Profile for P. McWhorter > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 142

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. McWhorter RSS Feed (Christoval, Texas)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter for Plant Germination
Bluelab Truncheon Nutrient Meter for Plant Germination
Offered by Hydro Galaxy
Price: $105.94
8 used & new from $100.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Performance for Greenhouse Work, April 15, 2015
This is a very well built and solid performing conductivity meter for greenhouse work. I like the quality of the construction, and the accuracy of the measurements. The conductivity is indicated via blue LED's which light up next to a calibrated scale. It is easy to read in daylight, and gives predictable steady readings.

I am very happy with this, but I do wish that it would go to higher conductivity levels, as it tops out at EC of 3.8. I also wish that it had some sort of button to hold the reading. You actually have to read the scale while the tip is in the liquid. For in ground tanks, this means you must bend or stoop to be able to read the measurement. I find it somewhat awkward to use for tanks that are in the ground.

WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vacs WS0610VA General Purpose Shop Vacuum, 6-Gallon
WORKSHOP Wet/Dry Vacs WS0610VA General Purpose Shop Vacuum, 6-Gallon
Price: $65.34
5 used & new from $62.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Attachments for Real Wet Vac Performance, April 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are looking for a basic shop vac for cleaning up the garage after a project, you will be happy with this unit. It has a nice wide hose, good suction and reasonable performance. If you are looking for a true wet/dry vac, you will be disappointed. To get wet performance, you will have to buy filter and wet attachments that will end up costing you almost as much as you spend on the unit itself. There is a feel of bait and switch if you are looking for true wet vac performance.

That being said, it is a good unit for dry use.

Food & Wine For Gorham Light Cast Iron 4 Quart Braiser, White
Food & Wine For Gorham Light Cast Iron 4 Quart Braiser, White
Price: $172.00
4 used & new from $97.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and Functional, April 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I have always loved cooking with cast iron. We have an old school cast iron skillet and really like the way it cooks. It distributes heat better than any other pan in the house. While we love cooking with it, we do not enjoy the cleanup and maintenance a traditional cast iron skillet requires.

What we really like about this new Gorham skillet is that it cooks like a traditional cast iron skillet, but it looks and cleans us like a normal modern pan. It distributes heat well and allows you to do things traditionally requiring an old school cast iron skillet. This skillet also has a really good nonstick surface. It is a snap to clean up, and it looks really elegant on the stove or when used to serve a dish.

I am very impressed with this pan, and happy to recommend it to others.

Baofeng Pofung BF-F9+TP Tri-Power 8/4/1W Two-Way Radio Transceiver, Dual Band UHF/VHF 136-174/400-520MHz Two-Way Radio
Offered by Sanatop
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Upgrade to the Baofeng UV-5R, April 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This radio is very similar to the popular and affordable Baofeng UV-5R radio. If you are familiar with the UV-5R, you will be comfortable using and programming this radio. The major upgrade between this radio and the UV-5R is that this radio (the BF-F9+) has higher power (8 watts vs 5 watts), and allows you to select the power level between 8 watts, 4 watts, and 1 watt. The advantage of this is that for longer distance communication, you can select higher power level. For nearby communication, or hitting a nearby repeater, you can turn the power level down to extend battery life.

What I really like about this unit is that it packs a whole lot of features in a small affordable package. As of the time of writing this review, this unit is priced about $5 more than the UV-5R, I think the extra power is well worth spending the extra money to get this model.

Things that I don't like about this radio. First is that the instructions are hard to read and dont really give all the information you need. To program the radio, you really need to connect it to the computer, and program it with software. The issue with this is that it requires a special cord, which costs almost as much as the radio itself. Luckily, I already have the cord.

Bottom line is that this is a full featured radio at an affordable cost. It is a great entry level radio into the world of HAM.

Winkine Vintage Canvas Laptop Backpack - Functional School College Outdoor Travel Rucksack / Shoulder Bag - Fit 15.6 Inch
Offered by Histore
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, Stylish and Functional, March 18, 2015
I am preparing for a trip to a remote part of East Africa, and so when I was offered the chance of receiving a review sample of this bag, I jumped on it. I received the bag, and am extremely impressed with it. Fist, it is extremely well made. The dipper, connector and straps are all very sturdy. It is the perfect size for a laptop and other accessories.

What I like best about the bag is its rugged stylishness. It really has that "Indiana Jones" look and feel. the canvas is heavy duty, and it looks great. I love the leather trim.

I am delighted to have this bag, and to recommend to anyone on their way to an adventure.

Samsung MotionSync Bagless Slim Design Upright Vacuum with Long Lasting Suction - Spring Green
Price: $249.99
10 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For years we have been using a shark NV22L vacuum (priced on amazon at about $150). So in this review I will compare this Samsung MotionSync to the lesser priced NV22L.

As far as overall design, I like the Samsung. It is easier to maneuver, and easier to get under things. It takes a little to get used to the way the unit moves and steers, but once you get the hang of it, it is wonderful to use. It works well on both hard wood floors and carpets. The noise level for the machine is about typical.

The Samsung wins hands down as far as ease of manuevering and making quick work of vacuuming a room. My only reservation about this machine is that I feel like the shark NV22L is picking up more dirt. For our floors, I am finding that the samsung does not pick up the dirt quiet as well as the shark.

I am happy to have the Samsung and intend to continue to use it.

KitchenAid KEK1222SX 1.25-Liter Electric Kettle - Brushed Stainless Steel
KitchenAid KEK1222SX 1.25-Liter Electric Kettle - Brushed Stainless Steel
Offered by always quality
Price: $79.00
14 used & new from $43.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Hot Water Real Fast, March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoy drinking tea, and so am always looking for a way to heat water quickly. I have a tea kettle for the stove top, but it takes a while to bring a kettle of tea water to a boil. So, I was excited to get the chance to try this KitchenAid electric kettle.

I am very impressed. The kettle makes a pot of boiling water really fast. I like the fact that the handle remains cool to the touch, so after the water boils, you can directly hold the handle to pour the water. The water pours from the spout nicely, without running back up the spout . . . a problem I have had with other products.

We have really hard water where I live, and I have found that products like this last longer if you only use RO or bottled water, so I will not be using tap water in this unit. I want it to last.

A great product that looks good on the cabinet.

BLACK+DECKER BDCS40BI 4V MAX Lithium Pivot Screwdriver
BLACK+DECKER BDCS40BI 4V MAX Lithium Pivot Screwdriver
Price: $39.99
20 used & new from $34.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, March 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is a lot to like about this little screwdriver. First I like the two position handle. I prefer the "pistol" orientation as it is shown in the picture. This is best for big jobs as it is easier on the writes. I also am impressed with the battery life and the torque the screwdriver provides. Plenty of power for most jobs. I also like the little LED light that lights the work area when you are using it. It comes with a nice assortment of screwdriver heads.

The main limitation of this screw driver is that it is a single speed. I would have preferred if it was variable speed. The second minor quibble is that it would be nice if the screwdriver heads were in some way attached to or in the unit. They are in a seperate little plastic box, which means over time they are easy to lose.

Bottom line this is a nice unit at a reasonable price.

Anchor Hocking 2 Quart Ovenproof Glass Batter Bowl
Anchor Hocking 2 Quart Ovenproof Glass Batter Bowl
Price: $12.13
21 used & new from $9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Soap Making, March 10, 2015
I was looking for a heavy duty, large glass mixing bowl, and was having difficulty finding one. I was pleased to finally find one that looked good on Amazon. I received the bowl, and have been very happy with it. I use it for making cold process soap and for making tea. It works great for both applications. I am happy and feel like I got a good deal on a great product.

2 Pound Bag, French Roast, Whole Bean Coffee, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.
2 Pound Bag, French Roast, Whole Bean Coffee, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.
Offered by Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.
Price: $30.99
2 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Starbucks Alternative, March 10, 2015
I had been a long time starbucks coffee fan, and had been a loyal customer for decades. Then recently I became frustrated with their vocal political stands, and decided to not purchase their coffee any more. When I buy coffee, I am interested in the beans, not signing up for a political movement.

After resolving to not purchase any more starbucks coffee, I was left with the dilemma of finding a solid replacement for their wonderful french roast beans. I tried several brands, but I really like the very oily beans. Finally I found these beans, and can honestly say I like them better than the starbucks french roast beans, and they are a much better price.

This will be my go to morning coffee from here on out!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20