Profile for Treyka > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Treyka RSS Feed (North Carolina)

Bamboo Charcoal Magic Slim Full Body Shaper Waist Cincher Thigh Reducer Breast Enchancer All in One, L/XL
Offered by Hight street Mall
Price: $7.20
20 used & new from $7.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 14, 2015
I have a high waist and a roll of fat above each hip, which makes it look like I have double-hips. I rely on a body shaper to smooth out the fat roll so that I appear to have smooth, round hips. This shaper, with all its cross-hatching and panels, is the first shaper I ever had that did not smooth that extra roll of fat. That alone is enough to disappoint.

In addition, the fabric comes up over my bra and ends about halfway into the bosom. So either it squishes my breasts and makes them appear flatter, or I have to pull it down and underneath my bra.

Finally, if I wear it under a dress, the brushing sound the shaper makes when my thighs rub together is loud enough to be heard by people at a bit of a distance.

I'm really disappointed.

ThinkBamboo 16" Circular Bamboo Knitting Needles - 15 size set, Carbonized Brown
Offered by Get724

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible., January 25, 2012
These needles are about 15", not 16" (and that matters). They also kink and bend at the transition from loop to needle, causing the yarn to bunch and not move smoothly as you knit. The US 6 needles snapped while I was making a hat. I just tried to use the US 10s as a last resort, but it's just not worth it. Oh--and one set of needles (I believe it was the US 7s) was missing. Don't buy these.

The Photoshop 6 WOW! Book
The Photoshop 6 WOW! Book
by Linnea Dayton
91 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for Photoshop beginners, November 19, 2004
I purchased this book several months ago, having no experience in Photoshop. From the first I found the book overwhelming and confusing. Maybe it's my style of learning, as I was expecting a more linear style. Something like, "Okay, here's what you need to know to get started" and "Now that you know this, here's how you do that."

But this book, to me, is needlessly complicated. While it's excellent for detailed descriptions, I wouldn't recommend it for beginners. I found myself reading and re-reading descriptions and information, breaking out the highligher pen, trying to glean the basics from pages and pages of details that were, for a beginner like me, irrelevant. I say irrelevant because I was given information on things I hadn't learned yet.

I wound up purchasing other resources to learn Photoshop. Now that I have a basic understanding of the software, this book is a little more useful, though still too complicated for my taste.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Four-Disc Special Extended Edition)
DVD ~ Elijah Wood
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $100.00
26 used & new from $12.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Addition to your DVD Library!, November 17, 2002
If you saw and loved the theater version, you won't want to miss this extended edition. I won't go into detail about the theater version; instead I'll assume you've seen it and write about the new scenes.
I was very excited to learn that these new scenes weren't going to be a "special section" of the DVD. Instead the extra scenes were added into the movie, edited and polished to blend perfectly. There were some scenes which were altogether new; at other times a familiar scene would include added dimension.
Every added minute (I believe there were about 30 altogether) was thrilling and illuminating! For example, I enjoyed learning more about Hobbits and life in The Shire! This extended opening to the movie gave a broader foundation to those of us who knew nothing about Hobbits before seeing this movie.
Though there was some great battle footage added, a great deal of the added footage included conversations amongst the characters. These conversations gave the characters--cherished and beloved as they already were--a greater depth and warmth. It caused the obvious brotherly link of the Fellowship to make greater sense. One example is an added conversation between Boromir and Aragorn while they are well into their journey to Mordor. I'd already felt sorry for Boromir and his well-intentioned weakness for the ring, yet my husband couldn't understand why I felt endeared to him. But after hearing the conversation between the two men, my husband was more able to understand my pity for Boromir.
Another example is the last fight scene in the movie. In the theater version, Peregrine and Merry seemed to have run off and hid throughout the battle, until they saw Boromir shot. But in the extended version, we see the courage and heart of these two Hobbits as they fight these huge, intimidating creatures with everything in them and using every resource available--even stone-throwing! I was so proud of them that I clapped my hands as I watched!
As I write, I'm the process of watching the second of the two "making of" DVDs. The first contains the process from book to movie concept. It includes a short but interesting biography of the writer, J.R.R. Tolkein (though it doesn't mention his Christian roots). The DVD also contains much of the process of making the book into a movie--the creation of the sets (using real locations, miniatures, and computer graphics, etc)., the creation of the creatures, and the costumes. The first DVD itself is long and gets a little dry after a while, but it's well-divided so that you can watch it a piece at a time or skip the less interesting parts.
I haven't finished watching the second DVD, but it's already a lot of fun! So far it's mainly made up of character interviews where the actors talk about what it was like to work with one another. I've also enjoyed seeing the make-up process.
All that to say this: I highly recommend this set! If you're a fan of the first installment of this movie series, you won't be disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 8:14 PM PST

Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition)
Pride and Prejudice (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Colin Firth
Offered by youlikethat
Price: $32.99
23 used & new from $0.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Adaptation of the Book!, July 17, 2002
I absolutely love this movie, and I believe they did a fantastic job of staying true to Jane Austen's characters. As with any book-to-screen rendering, some of the depth of the characters is lost, but thankfully only to a tiny degree in this picture. Colin Firth was the PERFECT Darcy, I can't imagine anyone better for the role!
I have watched this miniseries about once a month for the past year, and I can't imagine I'll ever get tired of it! In fact, the story itself is so engaging that even my husband (who hates what he calls "tally-ho" movies) will sit and watch it with me almost every time! If you buy it, you won't be disappointed!

Who Broke the Baby? What the Abortion Slogans Really Mean
Who Broke the Baby? What the Abortion Slogans Really Mean
by Jean Staker Garton
39 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant Arguments Against Abortion, May 22, 2002
This book is an excellent addition to the library of any pro-life advocate. It contains carefully detailed political, scientific and biblical facts which get right to the heart of the pro-life/pro-choice argument. The author takes the focus off the woman and puts it where it rightfully belongs: on life itself. I plan to buy several copies of this book to give away as the need arises.

The Matrix
The Matrix
DVD ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by Mercury Media Partners
Price: $5.48
1054 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Sci-Fi Movie I've Ever Seen!, August 17, 1999
This review is from: The Matrix (DVD)
Even though I love movies of every shape and size, I never thought of myself as the type to gush dramatically over a flick. But let me tell you--the Matrix literally made me drool!
I've read some of the other reviews here at Amazon, and I'm so surprised by the poor reviews. I'm sure we all agree that Keanu Reeves is not the best actor on the planet. I like some of his movies, and dislike others. Yet I cannot imagine any other actor in the role of Neo. He was perfect! He and the rest of the cast were ... words cannot describe. What a movie! What a concept! I've never seen anything like it!!
I especially liked the still/moving action sequences--and the kung fu fighting scenes. What an ending!!!! I loved walking out of the theater excited, thinking about how Neo stopped those bullets, and talking about this great movie with my husband on the way home in the car. How could any science fiction lover not be absolutely mesmerized by this movie?