Profile for Book Fanatic > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 468

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Fanatic RSS Feed (Houston, TX, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cuties Baby Diapers, Size 4, 31 Count (Pack of 4)
Cuties Baby Diapers, Size 4, 31 Count (Pack of 4)
Price: $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Diapers, Not Great, February 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These diapers are good in that they are thin and allow for good freedom of movement. They fit well without leaking. However, they need to be changed more often than thicker diapers and so may not be a good choice for overnight. However, they are very good for a thin daytime diaper.

The Soul Fallacy: What Science Shows We Gain from Letting Go of Our Soul Beliefs
by Julien Musolino
Price: $14.02
70 used & new from $10.25

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - Very Good Introduction to the Topic, February 23, 2015
I almost gave this book 5 stars but I marked it 4 and will call it 4.5 instead. The is the best introduction to the topic I have ever read by far. There is really nothing new in these ideas *to me* but I'm sure they are new to a lot of people. Regardless it was a very interesting and enjoyable presentation. I cannot imagine this book not being very influential and compelling to someone who is struggling with doubts about having a soul - it is very convincing. It is so clear and logical and readily understandable by anyone who is willing to give some thought and consideration to the arguments presented. Very good. Highly recommended.

Neutrogena  Cool Dry Sport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 70, 5 Fluid Ounce
Neutrogena Cool Dry Sport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 70, 5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $9.59
5 used & new from $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Tried, February 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used sunscreen for 30 years because I'm sunburn phobic. This stuff is amazing in that it is one of the few non-greasy non-sticky sunscreens that fulfills it's advertised claims. I have very hairy arms and legs and when I apply sunscreen to them I usually end up a greasy sticky mess. I have tried many different brands and products and they all vary in how well they meet their claims of being non-greasy or non-sticky. I can honestly say this product is the clear winner. My skin/hair does not glisten in the sun, it does not feel greasy or sticky. Hands down winner. Highly recommended!

Strangers On A Train [HD]
Strangers On A Train [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hitchcock Movie, February 21, 2015
This is just a great movie. This is movie making at its best. Many younger people who expect action and effects and amazing CGI etc. may not appreciate this but if you like well written stories with great acting and suspense then you will surely love this old classic.

Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns series)
Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns series)
by Chuck Wendig
Price: $9.18
21 used & new from $5.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Book, February 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book was a decent read. It's really not my cup of tea because it is too moralistic and I really didn't find the protagonist that appealing. It's good vs. bad and it will probably appeal to teenagers. It's not a bad book, just okay.

The Woodchipper Murder
The Woodchipper Murder
by Arthur Herzog
Price: $16.16
36 used & new from $11.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good True Crime, February 8, 2015
This review is from: The Woodchipper Murder (Paperback)
Very good true crime that I almost gave 5 stars. The story itself is fascinating because of the method of disposing the body and I don't think it will surprise anyone based upon the title. The killer almost got away with it due to the incompetence of the Newtown police department and the ingenuity of the killer. And yes it is the same Newtown as the famous school shooting. It seems this small place is well stocked with psychos. The famous Henry Lee is involved in the forensics of this case which adds a little something to the story. This book is fairly well written and the characters are interesting. Definitely worth a read.

BeoPlay H8 - Gray Hazel
BeoPlay H8 - Gray Hazel
Price: $499.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Headphones, February 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know what the ultimate price for these headphones will be as I'm sure they will be discounted somewhat from the $499 list price. When you pay that much you should expect quality and that is exactly what you get with these BeoPlay headphones. The build quality is excellent and they look expensive right out of the box. They have active noise cancelling and it works very well but I've found I don't use it because for most situations just having the phones on my head with any sound playing completely blocks background noise. This is a fantastic feature because like all noise cancelling phones there is some slight loss of sound quality with ANC on. These are the best passive noise blocking phones I've ever used.

I have a pair of Jabra Revo headphones which are very good and the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. They are slightly more comfortable to me than these BeoPlay phones and the reason is there is more tension in the BeoPlay - they squeeze my ears tighter. I'm sure this is part of the reason they don't leak as much background noise.

The sound quality is unsurpassed by anything I've ever used. I'm not an audiophile so don't consider that opinion as such but I do know great sound and these have it for many different types of music and movies I've played so far.

I would highly recommend these to anyone who wants quality and is willing to pay for it.

Into the Wild
Into the Wild
by Jon Krakauer
Price: $10.73
823 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Krakauer is an excellent writer but he puts in a part about himself ..., February 6, 2015
This review is from: Into the Wild (Paperback)
The book is very compelling, Krakauer is an excellent writer but he puts in a part about himself that I didn't care for and thus the 4 star review. The story of Christopher McCandless is fascinating story. I do believe the author is a wee bit too enthralled with his subject and his family and perhaps a more objective account would have been preferable. Regardless the story is compelling and the book is good. Recommended.

The Monkey's Voyage: How Improbable Journeys Shaped the History of Life
The Monkey's Voyage: How Improbable Journeys Shaped the History of Life
by Alan De Queiroz
Price: $20.96
104 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book on Biogeography, February 6, 2015
This is outstanding book on how various species of plants and animals dispersed over the earth. Obviously the title of "The Monkey's Voyage" indicates that monkeys are part of the story. The book is enjoyable and immensely informative for the lay reader. I loved it. Apparently the views of the author have been controversial but are ultimately winning the battle of evidence. The author's case for ocean dispersal is convincing to me as a reader. Highly recommended.

Omron BP786 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Bluetooth Smart with Expandable Cuff to fit Medium and Large Arms
Price: $68.99
45 used & new from $65.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good BP Monitor, February 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just an excellent BP monitor. It's so easy to use. It will take three consecutive readings and average the results for better accuracy. It seems lo learn the level of inflation it needs for extra comfort. The cuff is the most comfortable I've used. The readout display is large. Outstanding. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20