Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Alejandra Vernon > Reviews

Browse

Alejandra Vernon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1765

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alejandra Vernon "artist & illustrator" RSS Feed (Granada, Nicaragua)
(VINE VOICE)    (COMMUNITY FORUM 04)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amopé Pedi Perfect Foot File - Electronic Pedicure Tool - Regular Coarse, Blue (Also Available in Pink Extra Coarse)
Price: $29.79
18 used & new from $27.47

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Gizmo!, August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Amope's Pedi Perfect is aptly named...if you want to get your feet pretty for sandals, this is the gizmo for you. I've been using it for several weeks, and my feet have been transformed. After using boots for many months, my feet were neglected, tough, and quite ugly. After several sessions of Pedi Perfect, they look rejuvenated and feel so soft. It got to the point I was snagging my tights on the bottom skin of my toes. All that roughness is gone!

Good idea to keep up the routine during the colder weather...so your tootsies don't get snaggly. And it is so easy to use. Just take the cover off the roller head, twist the middle silver band to the "on" position, and start rolling! I started to feel the difference at the first try...and by the fourth use, beautiful feet! My toes were worthy of some nice polish, and open toed shoes. What is more, Amope's Pedi Perfect comes ready to go with 4 AA batteries! How cool is that!

Favorite® 63-Inch by 59-Inch Pet Fleece Throw/ Cat Polar Fleece Blanket/ Dog Fleece Blanket/ Pet Blanket for Cats, Dogs, Small Animals, in Colorful Heart Print

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Special Pet Blanket!, August 14, 2014
This is a very special pet blanket. With three cats, I have quite a variety of throws/blankets for them, and this one is by far the largest, and also the prettiest! The colors are bright and clear, and the blanket is of very good quality, and washes and dries beautifully. It has a threaded edge that looks very sturdy and should last a long time and through many washes. It's 100% polyester, and the suggestion is to wash warm/dry low. I washed it in cold, and drying did not take long at all.

It has a fleece side, and a plain side. Strangely, my youngest cat likes the plain side best (perhaps the fleece side will be preferred in the winter). What she loved was when I folded it into a 16" square...she slept soundly on it all night...and was not about to get up the next morning, even with breakfast being served! Yes, she is on it now as I write this. I guess this means it's "hers."

This is a really lovely pet blanket, and it has Frankie's seal of approval!

Garden of Life mykind Organics Women's Once Daily Multi, 30 Organic Tablet
Garden of Life mykind Organics Women's Once Daily Multi, 30 Organic Tablet
Price: $21.99
26 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Lovely Presentation, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've compared Kind Organics Women's Once Daily to the brand I've been using and it compares most favorably with it, with the added assurance that the ingredients are certified organic, and non-GMO. The tablets are vegan, and listed under "other ingredients" there are things like organic tapioca and brown rice, which I assume is used as a binder (the one I have been using has carnauba wax...so I guess all vitamin products need something "sticky")

The capsules are nicely coated and easy to swallow, with a very faint fruity aroma...and this may seem insignificant, but it means a lot to me: The packaging. It is so aesthetically pleasing. From the embossed box to the lovely container label, it tells me that Kind Organics cares about their product. And anything that helps beautify our crazy world, and helps us get healthier at the same time, gets my 5 stars.

Mead Académie Watercolor Pan Set, 12 Colors (98024)
Mead Académie Watercolor Pan Set, 12 Colors (98024)
Price: $11.29
4 used & new from $11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Travel!, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mead's Academie Water-Soluble Watercolour Pan Set is ideal for travel, for small projects like card making, and taking outdoors for a plein air session. The sturdy metal container (so nice to have metal instead of plastic...feels like the "good old days" when things were made to last) is light and opens easily, but also shuts firmly with a "click," so no danger of losing your brush inside. The brush that comes with the set is surprisingly good too...I was about to use my own brush (I'm fussy about brushes), but decided to try the one in the box first, and stayed with it. I was amazed at how well it did even the very detailed sections of my "test picture."

There is a good selection of colors in the set, and they are rather "light and breezy" shades. There is no bright red, for instance, but rather a delicious hue of deep pink...what I like to think of a "watermelon." The colors are very well suited to painting landscapes and seascapes (the blues perfect for the ocean)...and the inside top of the container, divided into 3 sections, serves as a palette for mixing the lovely subtle colors.

All in all, good quality item and excellent value. Perfect as a stocking stuffer for a budding artist, and perfect for the next vacation.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute and Soft!, July 8, 2014
I have 3 cats, and the youngest of the family (now 5 years old) took possession of this wonderful cat bed and said "mine mine mine"! She snuggles down in it, and since it has a "roof," it gives her more privacy then the other cat beds I have scattered around for their use.

It is light and soft, and can be flattened for mailing or storing. The fabric is a lovely design and is aesthetically pleasing, and since it has a peaked "roof," looks a little like a modern stained glass window. It is also washable (wash warm/dry low) and looks very sturdy in its construction. The ease of washing it appeals to me a lot. With 3 cats, I like to keep everything exceedingly clean.

With any new cat furniture or accessory, I always sprinkle a tiny bit of catnip on it, to encourage the fur friends to investigate it. This bed did not take long to be discovered, and Frankie, the little diva baby, got there first. The size is perfect for a small to average sized cat, and a large cat who likes to sleep curled up will appreciate it too (my plus-sized Maggie tried it and liked it until Frankie sent her packing).

I'm thrilled with this cat bed...and Frankie thinks it's Purrfect!

Garden of Life mykind Organics Organic B-12 Spray, 2oz Spray
Garden of Life mykind Organics Organic B-12 Spray, 2oz Spray
Price: $11.87
35 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and Efficient, July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Kind Organics B-12 spray is an extraordinary way to get your B-12 intake; fast, easily absorbed in your body, and furthermore, delicious! It is sweet and fruity. Raspberry, and an organic raspberry flavoring are among the ingredients, and it's the raspberry that is the most immediate flavor for me.

The packaging says "promotes concentration and energy" and with my summer garden in full swing, and learning a new language (Russian!) I need a lot of both. B-12 also helps your metabolism and immune system, and at 70 years old and with cancer, I need both of these aids too.
Shake the bottle well, stick out your tongue, spray, and voila! A tasty way to get your B-12. Non GMO, vegan, organic. Aesthetically pleasing packaging. Kind Organics has produced a 5 Star product here, and I'm feeling the results, even after only a few days.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2016 7:20 AM PST

Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Does Firm and Smooth!, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This WattsBeauty bottle says: "Works great on ageing skin, uneven skin tones, dry skin, blemishes and more"...I have all of these things, and the "more" would be wrinkles and incredibly sensitive skin. I'm 70, and most skin creams, and all sunblock that I've tried on the market today irritate my skin. This WattsBeauty product feels wonderful, with not the slightest bit of sensitivity or irritation.

With just a few days of using this WattsBeauty serum, I can feel the tightening and smoothing, and can see the difference too. It's excellent to put on after taking a shower. I wait a few minutes, and then put on a moisturizer, usually Argan Oil. It has a handy pump that puts just the right amount in the palm of my hand, and a little goes a very long way. Just one squirt will do your whole face, and neck too. The bottle mentions using it on hands...I think I'll try that too. I love this product!

Traditional Medicinals Organic Dandelion Leaf and Root Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Price: $37.48
3 used & new from $37.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy and Delicious!, June 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried many dandelion teas, and this one, from Traditional Medicinals, is absolutely the best I've tasted. Made from both the leaves and root, it's organically grown and caffeine free, and non-GMO. Since it helps with digestion, it's great in the evening after dinner, and soothing enough to relax the body and mind before bed.

The taste is delicate and very subtly, mildly sweet. It's a very gentle tea, with a slightly grassy aroma. The bags are sturdy...not one of those where the label tag falls off, and you're left with a bag in hot water and a floating string, as some herbal teas are packaged! And they are individually wrapped in easy to open packages. This is a top quality product, and very delicious.

If you follow the "Blood Type Diet" for diabetes prevention, dandelion tea is in the "Super Beneficial" category for all 4 blood types. The box also says it supports healthy kidney function, as well as healthy digestion, as mentioned above. This is simply a delightful tea, and super healthy too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2014 5:35 AM PST

Mead Académie Spiral Sketchbook / Sketch Pad, Heavyweight Paper, 70 Sheets, 9 x 6 Inch Sheet Size (54028)
Price: $6.91
20 used & new from $5.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Sketch Book, May 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Mead Academie Sketch Book has several things I really love: 1. The size. 9 x 6 is a perfect size to carry with you; not too big so that it screams "I'm an Artiste," but big enough to get your drawing done with necessary detail. Fits comfortably in a large purse. 2. That it is wirebound so you can flip open the top and get a flat surface. 3: that you have the option to tear out the entire sheet of paper, or just the "neat sheet" perforated part of the paper which is 1/8th of an inch away from the spiral holes. 4. As you open the cover, there is a thick manila insert with a useful pocket on each side (I really like useful pockets).

The quality of the paper: 1. It is acid free and lignin free. I had to look up "lignin." It's a chemical they put in paper to make it stronger, but alas, it also breaks down in time...so if you want your work to last, acid free and lignin free is the way to go. 2. I tried several different mediums and they all worked well. I don't have any charcoal or pastel, so could not test those. Pencil, pen and several markers were all excellent.

My favorite mode of sketching is with a Waterman pen with a bold gel insert. And I bear down heavily with it. Finding paper that doesn't fall apart on me is a lovely thing, and the reverse side of the drawings I made on this Mead Academie Sketch Book only show slight indentations, so this is strong, heavy paper, even without the lignin! This is a wonderful sketch book, at a very affordable price, and it is also SFI Certified (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) so you know the paper stock has been sustainably harvested.

French Grey Sea Salt, pure & natural sea salt from France (5oz Pouch)
French Grey Sea Salt, pure & natural sea salt from France (5oz Pouch)
Offered by San Francisco Salt Company
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh So Tasty!, May 12, 2014
I was recently in France, and marveled at the flavor of the food, and the care in which it was made and presented. Since my trip, I have been spending more time enjoying the preparation of my food, and in eating the results...and when I saw San Francisco Salt Company's French Grey Salt, I thought, voila! This is the salt I need.

It makes all the difference what salt you use, and San Francisco Salt Company makes salt that is absolutely delectable. You also need less of it, so it's healthier, and also more economical. This French Grey Salt is hand-harvested from the marshes of Guerande, the Breton medieval town, where the art of salt making dates back to the Middle Ages.

Sprinkle some of this salt on meats (remember you will need less than you do with regular salt!) and add some to your salad dressing to make your fresh greens to die for delicious. Try it. Like me, you'll become a San Francisco Salt Company fan after just a few meals.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20