Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for JasonB. > Reviews

Browse

JasonB.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 136

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JasonB. RSS Feed (Chicago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Fragile - Handle with Care Shipping Labels - 2'' x 3'' , 500 Pieces / Roll © enKo Products
Offered by Pioneer Marketing Products
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great deal., May 1, 2016
Item as described and received within the stated timeframe. And 500 for under 9 dollars was an incredible deal, when compared to what was being sold at a local chain office supply store.

I just wish enKo also sold the "Fragile: This Side Up ↑" labels. I had to order those elsewhere. No big deal, just a waste of packaging.

Thanks enKo

250 Watt Modeling Lamp Replacement Bulb
250 Watt Modeling Lamp Replacement Bulb
Offered by Fovitec
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars works., April 26, 2016
item as described and received within stated timeframe.

Sunlite 250T10/HAL/FR 250-Watt Halogen Double Envelope T10 Bulb, Frost
Sunlite 250T10/HAL/FR 250-Watt Halogen Double Envelope T10 Bulb, Frost
Price: $8.96
4 used & new from $7.80

5.0 out of 5 stars smaller than the typical 250w modeling bulb., April 16, 2016
Ordered 2 for my Bowens Gemini 500R. I ordered them because they are smaller (by about 3/4 inch lengthwise) than the traditional 250w tubular modeling bulbs. I needed a smaller bulb because the longer bulbs interfered with the honeycomb grids I use on my 7" reflector.

The size is perfect with a little room to spare and both bulbs work. As far as lifespan - I'll update this review should they die early.

Photographing People: Portraits - Fashion - Glamour
Photographing People: Portraits - Fashion - Glamour
by Roger Hicks
76 used & new from $1.13

5.0 out of 5 stars gets me excited..., April 12, 2016
I bought this at the recommendation of portrait photographer Mark Wallace (he's all over youtube and has several tutorials on creativelive.com). I purchased it used (no longer in print), at $12 w/Prime Shipping from an Amazon 3rd party reseller, and after paging through a dozen or so of the examples, I can easily say that this will be one of my finer investments since taking up photography over a decade ago.

There are just tons of portrait ideas and detailed diagrams, photographs for each and summaries on how to achieve them. It really excites me on how much I can learn from this book.

As for the reseller: CADDIS PUBLISHING LLC, the used book was in the exact description they described. Very pleased.

Simple Studio Strobe Honeycomb Grid 4x4 for Standard Reflector
Simple Studio Strobe Honeycomb Grid 4x4 for Standard Reflector
Price: $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars pass, April 12, 2016
don't use with bowens-type SimpleStudio 7" reflector if your strobe's tubular modeling lamp is of the ~4.5" size. The SS 7" reflector is too short and, as a result, the grid will make contact with the modeling bulb and not allow the grid to sit securely. Same goes for the 6x6 grid model. They pop out with any slight jostling of the strobe

As for the company, SimpleStudio, I'll be sure not to order one of their products again. How could they not test this? It's not like they'd have to purchase different strobes to test the fit... JUST DIFFERENT BULBS!

Simple Studio Strobe Honeycomb Grid 6x6 for Standard Reflector Bowens
Simple Studio Strobe Honeycomb Grid 6x6 for Standard Reflector Bowens
Price: $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars pass, April 12, 2016
don't use with bowens-type SimpleStudio 7" reflector if your strobe's tubular modeling lamp is of the ~4.5" size. The SS 7" reflector is too short and, as a result, the grid will make contact with the modeling bulb and not allow the grid to sit securely. Same goes for the 4x4 grid model. They pop out with any slight jostling of the strobe

Simple Studio Strobe Standard 7 inch Reflector Dish - Bowens Mount
Simple Studio Strobe Standard 7 inch Reflector Dish - Bowens Mount
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I hope you don't plan on using it with grids, April 12, 2016
fits fine on my Bowens Gemini 500R, but if you plan to use it with SimpleStudio's own honeycomb grids (sold here on Amazon), be aware that they'll make contact with the standard 4.5" tube shaped halogen modeling bulb. As a result, the grid will not sit securely within the reflector.

Now I have to try and find a shorter modeling bulb which, at this wattage (250w/120v), has been a struggle.

3 Rounds and A Sound [Vinyl]
3 Rounds and A Sound [Vinyl]
Price: $22.00
6 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my single favorite albums, March 3, 2016
one of my single favorite albums. Arrived well packed and sounds great.

TP-LINK TL-MR3040 3G/4G Wireless N150 Portable Router, Battery Powered, AP/WISP/Router Mode, Compatible with Selected ATT/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile USB Modems
Offered by AMN Shop
Price: Click here to see our price
67 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another happy DSLRdashboard user, March 1, 2016
Flashed it with OpenWRT and use DSLRDashboard on my MacBookPro and Android smart phone; to control my Nikon D810 remotely. Works like a charm. I just wish they had a 802.11 AC version of this router, for faster transfers.

Garmin Forerunner 620 - Black/Blue Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
Garmin Forerunner 620 - Black/Blue Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)
Offered by Backcountry
Price: $449.99
21 used & new from $227.68

4.0 out of 5 stars good watch, but with a flaw in firmware or circuitry., February 18, 2016
A good watch, and it accurately tracks my quad-weekly runs. However, when I attempt to charge it using a wall adapter (to connect to mains power) for a quicker charge, it has a tendency to lock the watch up at a certain point in the charge. As a result I have to power-cycle the watch to break out of the freeze, and, when the watch restarts, the time is off. Fortunately, personal data and data from previous runs is not lost.

An inconvenience for me, since I live/work downtown Chicago where it's nearly impossible to link up with a GPS satellite to get the proper time and am forced to go a day or so with inaccurate time on my watch. I'm aware that I can set the time manually but would prefer not to go back and forth between the two settings.

I, along with many others, notified Garmin about this. No resolution a year into it. With the recent release of the Garmin 630, I doubt we'll see one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14