Profile for G. M. Matthews > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 110

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. M. Matthews RSS Feed (Camino, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Think Tank My 2nd Brain Briefcase 15 - Black
Think Tank My 2nd Brain Briefcase 15 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for my MBP, March 2, 2015
I love this bag. It's actually slightly smaller than the Timbuktu Messenger bag I was using. but it's more organized. I did have to think about which part of the bag to put where. And you can't overload the outside pocket where the iPad and such will go, it will get hard to close. But these are nitpicks, just things I had to figure out. It stand up on it's own. It's extremely well made. It has a great strap. It's very protective. It's very organized.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [HD]
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One for everyone, March 2, 2015
This movie is one everyone will enjoy. My wife and I loved it, as well as our friends. My 92 year old mom loved it. I haven't seen her laugh like that in a long time.

Chef [HD]
Chef [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie., March 2, 2015
This review is from: Chef [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a wonderful movie. And it will make you want to eat!!! Well acted, well paced, great story.

Sewell Premium 45° Spade Plug Connector 12 Pairs (24 Pieces)
Sewell Premium 45° Spade Plug Connector 12 Pairs (24 Pieces)
Offered by Sewell Direct Corp
Price: $35.95
3 used & new from $33.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor manufacturing and design..., January 4, 2015
I have a few issues with these. First, these will only work properly IMO with either 12 ga or 10 ga wire, with a fairly heavy insulator. Given I don't use 12 ga wire other than for my main speakers, that makes these useless for satellites. Second, they are large, a bit too large. They are impressive in that way, but less useful as there are just too many applications they won't fit the binding post well. Third, as another reviewer said, when tapping the hole for the screw that holds the wire, they didn't clean off the displaced metal and so it's very difficult to insert the wire through the hole unless you clean off the leavings with a drill bit. This isn't sometimes, it's on every one. Finally, the screws that hold the wire are too small and so won't provide as much surface area as would be optimal. This, combined with a wire hold that is even larger than needed for 10 ga wire, is the main reason they aren't appropriate for smaller wire. There simply won't be any purchase for a reliable hold.

I purchased these because I was unhappy with the set of Sewell banana plugs because in that case they simply were a poor design and didn't provide a relaible connection to the wire (not enough room under the cap and you can't see once it's together whether it's a good connection). In that case, I had spotty connections that I was tired of living with so I thought well I'll try spade connectors. As well, they don't use sprint steel for the insertion lug, and they collapse and so provide a poor (at best) connection over time.

In the end, this is simply a testament to the poor oversees manufacturing quality we are paying for today. Yes, you get "a lot for your money" in this case. I remember paying $7 or so at RS years ago for banana plug connectors that I still have and that are far higher quality and work with any gauge wire. Unfortunately, the standard spacing for banana plugs has changed, and those are no longer useful in most applications today.

Would i buy these again? No. Am I going to return them? I actually think so. I don't believe I will use more than 4 of these and given all the issues, I'd rather eat the return shipping than live with a poor product.

In the end this is simply a

Luxury Satin Pillowcase w/Hidden Zipper, Standard Size
Luxury Satin Pillowcase w/Hidden Zipper, Standard Size
Offered by Warehouse Liquidation Center
Price: $30.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for not drying hair, but very slippery, October 19, 2014
We got these to see if they would not dry my wife's long thick hair out so much, and they actually do well in that regard. Compared to flannel pillowcases. I know, one end to the other. Having zippers is a must. That's because they are VERY slippery. They move around very easily. I think that is worth it, given they don't dry the hair out as much. Her hair looks a lot better now than it did, and this is the main change we made.

Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $216.95
78 used & new from $152.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, not perfect, on D810, October 19, 2014
Not quite as sharp wide open as I'd hoped, but it's at least usable at f2.0. My 50 1.8D is unusable until f2.8++. This cleans up much more quickly and is much better wide open to boot. I think stopped down the 1.8D is a bit sharper than this 1.8G, but the difference is minor. Using on a D800/D810, so on other cameras it would probably be very sharp wide open. I'm happy with the lens. It's definitely a step up from the 50 1.8D. And in my tests looks very much like DxOLabs said it would on the D800E (closest they have to my D810).

Penn Championship Extra Duty Tennis Balls (Pack of 12)
Penn Championship Extra Duty Tennis Balls (Pack of 12)
Price: $25.97
6 used & new from $25.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent but don't leave the unopened cans in the car ..., October 19, 2014
Some of the cans went flat. I think if you get them even slightly warm, they will pop. I'm not sure that any were flat when I received them. Whatever you do, don't leave a can in the warm car. They seem to last a long time, and I haven't had any problem with uneven bounce as some have reported.

Vitamin E 14,000 IU Nature's Plus 0.5 oz Liquid
Vitamin E 14,000 IU Nature's Plus 0.5 oz Liquid
Offered by Nutrition Depot
Price: $10.51
4 used & new from $6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit thick so harder to use, October 19, 2014
It's probably great Vitamin E. But it's a pretty thick liquid and much harder to use topically than another brand I got. Thick, glass bottle, takes a long time just to get it to come out. Hard to control amount once the bottle gets a little empty. Product may be great but the dispensing leaves a bit to be desired

E-Oil 30,000 I.U. Good 'N Natural 2.5 oz Liquid
E-Oil 30,000 I.U. Good 'N Natural 2.5 oz Liquid
Offered by Tommy Health
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Vit E, October 19, 2014
I used to get this at the grocery store, but now what they sell is not natural Vitamin E. This clearly said d-alpha tocopherol on the label. It works well for helping to heal, or sunburned lips, etc. I got some 'better' vit E as well, but it turned out to be thicker, and actually is hard to use. This is thinner so it is easy to apply and soaks in pretty quickly.

Conair PRO Dog Round Tip Shears, 6-Inch
Conair PRO Dog Round Tip Shears, 6-Inch
Price: $8.99
24 used & new from $8.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fine puppy hair., October 19, 2014
We got these and also a shorter pair. Both work very very well. They cut fine hair easily and cleanly, so you don't pull or have the pup have too much time to move around. I think the smaller pair is more useful overall, at least for smaller pups like ours (8-16#). Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11