Profile for Avid Reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Avid Reader RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Plus One
Plus One
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this story of a Hollywood marriage in which the ..., July 20, 2015
This review is from: Plus One (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story of a Hollywood marriage in which the wife is the successful breadwinner. It wasn't the hilarious read I was expecting from other reviews, but it was a good read and I got into the story.

The Bone Tree: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels Book 5)
The Bone Tree: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels Book 5)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I usually enjoy Greg Iles' books but I couldn't get through this ..., July 9, 2015
I usually enjoy Greg Iles' books but I couldn't get through this one. I found it very tedious and decided to give up on it halfway through. I didn't want to do that since it's part of a trilogy, but I couldn't make it through this one.

Three Wishes: A True Story of Good Friends, Crushing Heartbreak, and Astonishing Luck on Our Way to Love and Motherhood
by Pamela Ferdinand
Price: $10.00
53 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging Story, January 5, 2015
Many of the reviews for this book say it’s a book for women who feel their biological clocks ticking. Well I don’t think you have to be in the same situation to want to read this book. That situation doesn’t apply to me and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I found myself engaged in each woman’s story and would recommend this book.

Fast Track (Buchanan / Renard / MacKenna Book 12)
Fast Track (Buchanan / Renard / MacKenna Book 12)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Garwood's Best Work, October 1, 2014
This wasn't as good as Julie Garwood's other modern romance books. I felt she got lazy with this one and just cranked it out to have a book out there. The character of Aiden has some real issues with anger that weren't addressed and never resolved. Garwood thinks it's okay to get angry and beat someone to a pulp if it's done for love. I can't recommend this one.

Death Echo (St. Kilda Book 5)
Death Echo (St. Kilda Book 5)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Dull, March 25, 2014
All I can say about this book is boring, boring, boring. It was all I could do to finish it. I don't recommend it at all.

The Ultimate Business Card: Promoting Your Business Through Authorship
The Ultimate Business Card: Promoting Your Business Through Authorship
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention Small Business Owners!, February 4, 2014
This is a terrific book if you’re a small business owner. It discusses the how’s and why’s of writing a book to increase your business.

The why is simple. It creates a stronger impression in people’s minds than a regular business card and is more likely to get people to call you or come to your business.

The how is delineated in several chapters: the parts of the book, editing, formatting, publishing and promotion. The author makes writing and publishing a book seem less intimidating. She makes it easy for you to understand and accomplish. She discusses how to publish an ebook on Amazon Kindle and how to create a paperback through CreateSpace.

This is a very useful and helpful book, and I recommend it for all small business owners.

Am I Ready For A Relationship (Relationship Series Book 4)
Am I Ready For A Relationship (Relationship Series Book 4)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Determine Your Relationship Readiness, September 13, 2013
This is a terrific book. It covers all kinds of relationships from casual encounters to committed partners and everything in between. It discusses how the ways in which we act in those relationships can determine our readiness for relationships. The author also discusses the tools we need to have the best relationships possible. I found this section to be the most valuable part of the book. For anyone looking for more meaningful relationships, it's important to be aware of these skills. A good read all around.

EFT Tapping: How To Relieve Stress And Re-Energise Rapidly Using The Emotional Freedom Technique (Beginners Guide)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book about EFT, September 13, 2013
This is a well-written and easy-to-follow book about EFT. It clearly explains what EFT is and then provides an energy tapping procedure for quick stress reduction. In addition, it provides a diagram to refer to in order to make it easier to follow. If you're interested in learning about EFT and its method to reduce stress and re-energize, this is a good book to buy.

The Adventures of Zeppi - A Penguin Story - #3 Learning
The Adventures of Zeppi - A Penguin Story - #3 Learning
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Children's Book, September 13, 2013
As a volunteer tutor, I'm always looking for books to read with children. This one will definitely be added to the list. It's an enjoyable and fun story which I'm sure kids will enjoy. I haven't read the others in the series, but now that I've read this one, I'm going to seek them out. I recommend that you do the same.

The Lone Ranger (The Classic TV Series)
The Lone Ranger (The Classic TV Series)
Price: $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Nostalgic Book, September 8, 2013
This was a fun book to read! It took me back to my childhood when I watched the Clayton Moore/Jay Silverheels version of The Lone Ranger on TV.

The book includes a synopsis of some of the TV episodes, some of the dialogue from those episodes and the author's commentary. But it also includes much more, such as the Lone Ranger's origin story, a discussion of Tonto's development and his relationship with The Lone Ranger, information about the radio version of The Lone Ranger, and photos. One of my favorite parts of the book is the chapter that has dialogue from some of the author's favorite closing scenes. The author is an expert on The Lone Ranger so she's the perfect one to write this book. Anyone who wants to become reacquainted with The Lone Ranger will enjoy this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8