Profile for Matthew W. Paradise > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew W. Paradise "nutmegs" RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Ultra Dance 4: Louie Devito
Ultra Dance 4: Louie Devito
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $9.99
63 used & new from $0.44

5.0 out of 5 stars One CD was phenomenal, March 10, 2005
I had to give this CD 5 stars to offset the poor reviews of a couple people. It really deserves 4 stars but any way.

The first disc is a dance masterpiece. From 1-10 it is excellent. In a day where 2 CD sets are standard but have only about 10 good songs randomly dispersed in total, this runway of 10 in a row is reason enough to give it 4 stars. Plus if you get it here on Amazon you can get it for the price of one CD anyway. As for disc 2 I never really got into it. I guess when 1 is that good it is tough to listen to a typical lukewarm typical dj dance cd.

So if you want a guaranteed solid vocal dance techno cd, disc one is tops!

TurboTax Deluxe 2004 [Old Version]
TurboTax Deluxe 2004 [Old Version]
6 used & new from $22.70

2.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done if you E-file only, March 10, 2005
Used TT all the way up until my 2002 taxes were a nightmare. If you read reviews then you know 2002s registration process made it absolutely horrible. So tried Taxcut in 03 and am back to TT in 04. This product was great for use for E-filing but when I tried to print and file my Indiana tax return it has been a nightmare. No one at telephone customer service could help me and I am posting the online chat session since that person had absolutely no idea about the product she was supposed to be supporting. In short if you try and file by mail a state return you have a very high chance that the form in TurboTax is not the right form. I had mine sent back twice and finally downloaded the real from my states website and put the info in myself. Hope you enjoy the chat transcript:

550 Eden : Hello Matthew, how may I help you today?

Matthew Paradise: My Indiana Tax return was sent back because the bar code was unreadable. I printed it again and it still looks weird. And yes I do have the latest version of TurboTax. I updated it today before printing. And I tried multiple printers

Matthew Paradise: I downloaded the IT-40 from the state website and there is no barcode on the real form. Why is there one on the form TT prints out?

550 Eden : If I have understood you correctly, you want help printing your taxes. Am I right, Matthew?

Matthew Paradise: Based on what I just wrote. What do you think the issue is?

550 Eden : Matthew, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Matthew Paradise: Are you thinking?

550 Eden : I wish I could assist you in this issue but your issue is completely technical. Since I am trained to handle only sales and service issues, I kindly request you to contact our technical support at 1-877-826-1922.

Matthew Paradise: Thank you. I will be posting this entire transcript. Since I am writing a review on your product.

550 Eden : Matthew, I suggest you to contact our Technical support.

Sennheiser PMX 60 Lightweight Portable Headphones with Neckband (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by North To South
Price: $35.96
25 used & new from $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Other reviewers made me waste my money, March 1, 2005
So I read all these great reviews about this headphone and had to run out and get these. I already had the wrap-around headphones that came with my RCA Lyra, but after reading these reviews, I thought that I couldn't go wrong buying these as an upgrade.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Listening to my stock ($9 at Wal-Mart to replace) RCA headphones and then listening to the PMX60 one after another I was shocked to find that the RCA headphones actually sounded better. Some reviewers even talked about bass being great. I have no idea what those people were talking about since that was the most distinct area where the ($9 have to mention that again) RCAs were better.

Something should have clicked when I noticed that many of the reviewers had iPods. Yes it is true that ANY headphone will sound better than an ear bud. Going from tiny ear buds to headphones without having anything else to base your comparison is the only reason I can think of for the large amount of erroneous reviews.

*This headphone is no better than any other replacement wrap-around headphone.

Perfecto Presents... Sandra Collins
Perfecto Presents... Sandra Collins
Offered by CDWarehouseOnline
Price: $39.88
29 used & new from $1.02

1.0 out of 5 stars Why, January 26, 2005
Why do people buy this junk. I borrowed it and it was just as I'd assumed it would be. I've also seen her in concert and she isn't much better. Must be a lot of girls giving her 5 stars since she's the only mainstream female DJ.

IF you like Deep Dish, Sassha, John Digweed, Nick Warren and Sander Kleinenberg and even Tiesto then don't waste your money on this.

Tunnel Trance Force V.12
Tunnel Trance Force V.12
16 used & new from $3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best, December 8, 2004
I just finished writing a review on TTF 30 and threw this thing in. Even though it's like 3 years old it's still one of the best. SEND ME AN ANGEL!!! Listening to this Volume just reinforced my comments on the fact that the latest Tunnel CDs have been a far cry from the solid sets Dean used to throw at us.

But I digress, this CD is TO NOTCH. Get it (If you can find it) and you won't be disappointed. It will be in your CD player all month long...

Tunnel Trance Force 30
Tunnel Trance Force 30
11 used & new from $7.43

2.0 out of 5 stars TTFs continue their decline, December 8, 2004
This review is from: Tunnel Trance Force 30 (Audio CD)
I have about 17 Tunnel Trance force albums and this is one of the worst. His series is going the way of the old Ministry of Sound series. Instead of putting a 2 disc CD out every month DJ Dean should put out quality discs like he used to back in 01-02. I go back and listen to 9, 12-13, 20,24 and get pumped back up on the hard-hitting, head-bobbing trance that he made his name on. This 2 CD set has about 7 good songs on it. The second half of the second CD is pretty good, but based on the amount of money these CDs cost and on the quality of Dean's earlier CDs, I have to rank this as a 2 star buy. I'd recommend any TTF 24 and earlier. They are all pretty good. 12 and 13 are both pretty good. I always liked 6 the Cyber mix. And 24 is probably his best of the later mixes.

Just tryin to keep you all informed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2008 9:36 PM PDT

Casio CW-50 CD Title Printer
Casio CW-50 CD Title Printer
5 used & new from $396.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Printer, December 4, 2004
This printer is no frills and does a good job on smooth CDs, however it's printing on textured CDs is unacceptable. Because the product description does not tell you this I have no choice but to give it 1 star. I bought a stack of 100 blank CDs and also 50 blank DVDs (I have not received the DVDs yet and hope they are not textured) and the money I saved by getting this no frills printer has now been wasted.

If it weren't for this downfall the printer would be deserving of 4 stars.

Summerbreeze
Summerbreeze
Price: $8.59
44 used & new from $2.79

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Great CD, July 13, 2004
This review is from: Summerbreeze (Audio CD)
As an avid Tiesto fan I have to say that this CD is one of his best ever. No matter how long I go without listening to this CD, ever time I go back I remember why I love it so much. Perfect workout music or just listening in the car. You definitely have to listen to the tracks all the way through, especially 1-8 to get the feeling Tiesto wants to create. As with many of Tiesto's other CDs though he can never get 100% of the tracks to totally go together. Then again I can only think of a couple CDs I've ever bought that have reached that plateau. Still this CD is one of my favorites. Right up there with the 2nd CD of Nyana.
No matter who you are, if you like techno, you will like this CD.

TaxCut Deluxe 2003
TaxCut Deluxe 2003
5 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment after TurboTax, April 16, 2004
This review is from: TaxCut Deluxe 2003 (CD-ROM)
After having to put up with all kinds of TurboTax registration B.S. last year I read the reviews of TaxCut purchasers who said it was a 4-star product with less hassles. This made me swear off ever using TurboTax again (couldn't use on more than one computer and I originally installed the software at work on a laptop that was leased etc. long story).
This year I made certain to buy TaxCut and avoid any registration hassles at all. What I received was a half-rate basic version of a tax program. This review wouldn't be that bad if I had purchased TaxCut Standard, but for the extra $20 I bought Deluxe. TaxCut Deluxe was a waste of money. No deduction help was included and the "extra features" were merely tax advice sections that mostly talked about preparing for next year.
As much as I hate to say it, I will be returning to TurboTax deluxe next year. It's ease of use, more intelligent screens and comprehensive deluxe version are all worth paying the extra $5 and dealing with the registration issues.
I recommend TaxAct for anyone who recently purchased this product. TaxAct is free and has 100% the functionality of this program.

Tunnel Trance Force 27
Tunnel Trance Force 27
7 used & new from $7.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded to 4 stars, March 3, 2004
This review is from: Tunnel Trance Force 27 (Audio CD)
This CD has grown on me and I am now giving it 5 stars to offset my 3 star rating. Sorry to anyone that was turned off by my original review. I am really begininning to like this set.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11