Profile for M. Reid > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Reid RSS Feed (Alexandria, VA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Seiko Men's SNE109 Stainless Steel Solar Dive Watch
Seiko Men's SNE109 Stainless Steel Solar Dive Watch
Offered by E Watch Stock
Price: $135.91
28 used & new from $120.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Beat for the Price, January 6, 2015
So far, very pleased with the Seiko SNE109. My advice would be to first read the instructions. Of course, didn't think I needed to read instructions on setting the time and date, and in fact, no difference from any other date watch. Easy. However, charging the watch is not obvious, and I wouldn't have figured it out without the instructions. As others have written, the orange face isn't as dark as portrayed in pictures, but still a good looking watch. Also, not my favorite band, but for a true diver's watch, it somehow seems appropriate. I don't find it uncomfortable,

I'm very pleased with the watch for the price, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good looking diver-style watch.

KEF LS50 Mini Monitor - High Gloss Piano Black (Pair)
KEF LS50 Mini Monitor - High Gloss Piano Black (Pair)
Price: $1,499.99
2 used & new from $1,499.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Best Sound Investment Yet, December 25, 2014
I could not be happier with my purchase of the KEF LS50 speakers! I knew absolutely nothing about KEF speakers until just a month or so before my purchase. I had been a BOSE fanboy for years, and finally realized there were much better alternatives for the sound I was hoping to get after upgrading other components in my system. After reading several articles about the astounding new speakers by KEF, I ordered without hearing a set. Essentially, every audiophile publication in the world ranked the LS50 as the greatest speaker to be introduced in 2013 -- and that included comparisons with speakers costing many times more. I didn't see how that could be true until they arrived and I was blown away. I have them mounted on 28 inch stands. Believe me, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed. If you're unsure about spending a few hundred more than you've previously committed to speakers, make the leap. Bring these home, hook them up to a good amp/receiver with good cables, allow them a few days for break-in, and be prepared to be impressed. Not for one minute have I ever regretted buying these speakers. And, if you're still not sure, sit down and search a few websites for reviews. It's a great speaker, and it looks as good as it sounds!

MOGOI(TM) DJI Phantom Quadcopter Bright White Head Light Kit With MOGOI Accessory Wire Winder
Offered by Mogoi-Direct
Price: $3.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs Better Connectors, December 25, 2014
This light is bright, which is exactly what I was looking for. If you own the earlier DJI Phantoms, keeping the orientation obvious is a challenge. This light helps with that. Unfortunately, the connectors to the battery are poorly done/implemented, and in my experience was just as likely to launch your Phantom with the lights not working as you are to have it working properly. On the other hand, if you're diligent enough to check the lights on each flight before you actually launch, and don't mind then taking the time to jiggle the connectors until the light actuates, you'll love it. Too finicky for my taste.

GoPro HERO3: White Edition
GoPro HERO3: White Edition
Price: $199.99
31 used & new from $190.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep In A Dry Place, December 25, 2014
I found the buttons a little complicated to control quickly, but it takes great pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't own it very long. My quadcopter decided, apparently, to try flying on the bottom of the river, and took my GoPro with it.

If your plan is to use your GoPro above the water, I'm confident you'll be happy with your purchase.

GGS LCD Screen Protector optical glass for Canon 5D Mark III Main LCD , Info LCD
Offered by Bingo Deal
Price: $11.44
3 used & new from $6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Protect Your Expensive Camera, December 25, 2014
The GGS LCD Screen Protector is a great addition to your DSLR. I've bought one and installed one over the LCD of every DSLR I've owned, and I've owned a few -- and by few, I mean a lot! In fact, as soon as I order a camera, I order the screen protector at the same time, so as to have it available to install when the camera arrives. A recent example of why you should add them to your camera, too:

I loaned a pretty expensive Canon 5D Mark III to someone to use for a video shoot for a few days. When it was returned, I was met with apologies and an immediate offer to pay for the repairs. Of course, I was a little freaked out. When they explained that the LCD had been damaged while the camera was being transported in a soft-side bag, I was happy to slip my fingernail under the edge and pop the cracked screen protector off and tell them to forget about it. I wasn't happy that they'd cracked my screen protector, but a lot happier than if it hadn't been installed the day I purchased the camera. And now, the "offender" is also a fan, as it potentially saved them a lot of money. Now they have a 5D Mark III of their own, as well as the GGS LCD Screen protector.

The LCD you save may be your own.

WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA III, 64 MB Cache - WD30EFRX
WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA III, 64 MB Cache - WD30EFRX
Price: $114.00
82 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've got a home NAS, you need WD Red!, December 25, 2014
I bought 2 of these to add to a new Synology 1815+ NAS. I used these in addition to 6 WD 2TB drives I already owned and used in a Synology 1513+ I've owned for a couple of years. The WD Reds have been flawless, stable and dependable storage designed for NAS devices. I've never received a DOA WD Red, and the packaging (whether provided by WD or Amazon) has been great -- shipped individually wrapped, mounted, and boxed. Of course, one of these days these drives will fail, but after two years with the 2TB I've never had one failure and for the price, the sense that WD is protecting my important data, including some files I've curated over 30 years helps me sleep at night.

When I feel the need to increase my storage demands, or replace my storage devices with better equipment, I don't hesitate to buy Western Digital. This is a good product at a fair price.

Apple iPad Air Piel Frama Black Magnetic Leather Cover
Apple iPad Air Piel Frama Black Magnetic Leather Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Case -- Ever!, November 23, 2014
Great case. If anything, maybe a little overkill -- if there is such a thing. Too bad Apple changes the dimensions of the iPad with most every iteration. This case will far outlast the iPad it was bought to protect. The leather is very nice, and the cut-outs and folds are designed nicely. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this case again, but be prepared to own it a very long time after your device is obsolete.

ASRock Z87 Extreme 6 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Offered by Click and Save
Price: $234.00
4 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 23, 2014
Great board with advanced features. Solid!

Goddard's Furniture Polish 16oz trigger spray
Goddard's Furniture Polish 16oz trigger spray
Offered by Deerso
Price: $7.49
18 used & new from $3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Creates a great deep looking finish to new dining room table, November 23, 2014
Tried several brands before Goddard. Wish I had started there. Creates a great deep looking finish to new dining room table. Nice product. Will definitely order again.

Alpha House Season 1 [HD]
Alpha House Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Look Into the U.S. Senate, July 22, 2014
Great acting, and if were not so close to reality it would be funny! Just kidding, it is funny! It's not That other show starring Kevin Spacey, but a lighter side of the U.S. Senate and the four roommate Senators. I really enjoy it and I hope Amazon continues to produce it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4