Profile for Kaio > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 80

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kaio RSS Feed (Neverland, CA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
D-Link Wi-Fi Day/Night Baby Camera with Remote Monitoring (DCS-820L)
D-Link Wi-Fi Day/Night Baby Camera with Remote Monitoring (DCS-820L)
Price: Click here to see our price
28 used & new from $128.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup - up and running in less than 10minutes, July 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a little shocked at how big this is. It's bigger in size than a tennis ball. However, it looks good and seems to function well. Setup is the biggest concern for most people with a product like this. I have used and setup many IP cameras, and this one was certainly a breeze. It's a little hampered in function for advanced users, but as a bay cam, this is quite nice.

Just download the appropriate app (Android or Apple) then plug in the cam and wait for the green light. Once the cam is ready, just launch the app and it will walk you through the entire process. Your cam should be up and running in 10 minutes or less. All you really need to know on the technical side, is your home network's username and password. Just input those 2 things when prompted and the app will do all the rest of the work for you. You can access the cam via smartphone, tablet or PC web browser. Connections are fast via the app, but a bit jittery via browser.

The camera has pretty decent night vision, so that will help see baby while sleeping. However, it does use those glowing red infrared LEDs as a light source and some babies may not like that glowing orb staring at them. The lens has a pretty good field of view, and the base is excellent for tweaking the exact viewing angle. I also liked the ease of mounting. Just drill a couple of screws and hang the baby cam using the slots on the back of the base. The cam has good weight distribution and the base holds the cam well in any number of positions.

The lullabies are a nice touch; just hit the button on the app to make them play and soothe baby. Changing the colored rings was easy. It comes with the pink one installed. Just twist and release to switch to the included blue one.

Advanced users may not be happy with how locked down this cam is. I did some tinkering, but was unable to figure out how to integrate this cam into my existing IP security cam setup. Trying to access the config page via IP address didn't seem to work. If anyone has any details about that, please post a comment.

If all you're looking for is a basic baby cam with easy setup, then this might be a great choice. It's a tad pricey, but not exorbitant. I think it's a small premium to pay for the ease of setup, and there are plenty of people who want and need a no-frills install process. This D-Link fits that bill nicely. The live streams played well with little buffering issues or hiccups. it wasn't always seamless, but pretty close.

Overall, this is a very nice baby cam with hassle free setup at a decent price. The biggest downside is the size and lack of versatility, but those are both probably non-issues for most people.

Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs, Original, 72 Count
Gain Flings Laundry Detergent Pacs, Original, 72 Count
Price: $17.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice scent, terrible packaging, expensive over the long run, July 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These little pods are definitely convenient. Just be sure to handle them with dry hands because they start to melt really fast, and you'll have a handful of goo oozing from your fingers before long. The scent is nice and not overpowering. I have been using 2 of them in each load, just because one hardly seems like much detergent. I like that everything is contained in the one neat little pouch. But I really hate the packaging. The fonts are so small that they just can't be read. Why? You have all that space and packaging, yet the fonts are smaller than 6pt business card text. I get why the obligatory legal jargon is microscopic, but the rest? Very annoying. I docked a star just for that. I like the convenience but doubt I'll ever get these again. It's just not cost efficient. The results are good, but no better than my other fave detergent. I'd rather pour my own and save a few bucks.

Philips Sonicare HX6211/04 2 Series Plaque Control Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6211/04 2 Series Plaque Control Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: $64.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Sonicare vs Oral-B, July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had used Sonicare for many years, then switched over to Oral-B. I can say that, in my absence, not much has really changed over the years. I know there are vast differences between ultrasonic technology and Oral-B, but I guess I have become so acclimated to it, that I'm finding the switch back to Sonicare to be a little challenging.

To be sure, this is a really nice toothbrush. It feels really good in the hand, and the ultrasonic technology is so subtle, that it almost feels like nothing is happening, though obviously that's not the case. I have always loved that Sonicare puts a little clear plastic protector over the bristles to keep the head sanitary between uses. But I do miss the tactile cues that Oral-B offers, letting you know when to switch from one quadrant to the next. This is not a totally necessary feature, but once you get used to it, it's hard to do without.

My primary reason for shifting away from Sonicare was the exorbitantly priced brush heads, and I see little has changed in that arena. This is by far one of the more expensive toothbrushes to use. I don't doubt its effectiveness, but even my dentist recommends Oral-B over Sonicare, saying the difference in effectiveness is marginal, while the cost saving with brush heads is a little stark.

This Sonicare does have a timer on it and will give a tactile cue when your brushing session is over, which is nice. The brush handle feels nice in the hand with good weight distribution. It's comfortable to hold. The brush head is standard size for Sonicare, but compact compared to a manual toothbrush. The LEDs on the handle are tiny and unobtrusive, which I like. And operating it is just a simple touch of one button. To charge, just place it back on the base and you'll be good to go for next time.

I have had several Sonicare toothbrushes in the past and they all have traveled well, so I expect no less from this new model. Typically, you can get about a week out of one charge, brushing twice a day. Though they do tend to get noticeably weaker in strength as the week progresses. The charging base is very compact, so perfect for travel and won't take up hardly any counter space in the bathroom. Cleaning is simple; just run it under the tap. The handle is totally waterproof.

Overall, this is a nice toothbrush, but I doubt I'll keep using it past the lifespan of this brush head as replacements are just far too expensive in my opinion. Is it better than Oral-B? That's seriously debatable. Personally, I give the edge to Oral-B as it works just as well IMO, and replacement heads are far more economical.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2014 7:47 AM PDT

Special pack of 6 -LUBRIFRESH PM OPTH OINT 3.5GM MAJOR PHARMACEUTICALS
Special pack of 6 -LUBRIFRESH PM OPTH OINT 3.5GM MAJOR PHARMACEUTICALS
Offered by SaveMax Marketplace
Price: $15.38
5 used & new from $15.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great, July 23, 2014
The price is right but this stuff is nowhere near as good as actual name brand Refresh PM. Even the Target generic is far better than this. it works ok, but I find I have to use more of it, so it's debatable if it's really more cost effective. I'll use up what I have but probably never get it again. It goes into your eye in a thick mass that slowly melts. The name brand and drugstore generic version go in smoother and spreads more evenly.

Trusty Cane
Trusty Cane
Offered by NJ WHOLESALER
Price: $20.75
21 used & new from $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Trusty Cane (Health and Beauty)
I have the first HurryCane but needed to replace it. I thought this would be a cost effective alternative, but the base is very cheap; just shoddy plastic. This thing does not inspire any confidence. The handle felt nice and I loved the idea of having a flashlight built in, however, it looks like it would probably break when this cane invariably falls over. Decided to just return it and got the HurryCane Freedom edition. Much better quality than this cheap knockoff.

iCraze Adjustable Vented Laptop Table Laptop Computer Desk Portable Bed Tray Book Stand Multifuctional & Ergonomics Design Dual Layer Tabletop (Black)
Offered by Super Deal
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, July 23, 2014
I love this thing. It keeps my laptop nice and steady while computing on the sofa. Very innovative design with lots of positions possible. I've already settled on my favorite. The numbers on the pivot points really help with remembering alternate configurations. The fans are a bit noisy at times but nothing terrible. The side platform is nice to have but I decided not to use it just yet. The 2 plastic clamps go along the bottom edge and help hold your laptop in place when tilting the table at extreme angles. It's lightweight but feels durable. Should have got this long ago.

CISNO Swing Arm Stand Rack Desktop Mount Holder For Ipad 1/2/3/4 iphone 3gs 4/4s 5
Offered by USA Okeba Industries Inc.
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've tried, July 23, 2014
I've tried a bunch of these desktop tablet mounts and the gooseneck ones are basically useless. This one holds the wight of my tablet nicely and the arm actually stays where you put it, with little jiggle. Others would slowly sink with the weight of my tablet, but this one has effective tension screws and is rock solid no matter where I move it. The tablet clamp itself is a bit shoddy; it just doesn't fit quite right no matter what I try. I had to do some custom tweaking, but I decided to just make it work and keep it because the arm performs so well. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've tried, by far. Quality build; feels very sturdy with quality tightening screws and mount. Nice length too. Decided to buy two of them. Happy overall, especially for the price.

AGPtek® Black Wireless 2.4GHz Optical Hand-Held USB Trackball Mouse For Laptop PC
Offered by BrainyDeal
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $26.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Skittish trackball, July 23, 2014
The trackball jitters a lot, and is seriously lacking in accuracy. I love the design and it's very comfy in the hand. You can use it in your left hand too, but works better right handed, as designed. The top button is actually the left click, and the bottom is right click. They both work well, but the jittery trackball make Copy and Paste functions challenging. It's cool that it can be used handheld or tabletop. Wireless range is actually quite good. The scroll wheel is conveniently located and easy to reach with your thumb. But something about the overall feel makes me think this would cause my hand to cramp over time. I decided just to return it; the pros and cons are 50/50 so it's just not worth keeping.

MACtac UGlu Professional MT53306-6 Rubber Adhesive Tape, 0 to 180 Degree F, 20 mil Thick, 65' Length x 1/2" Width, Clear
Offered by FindTape
Price: $14.24

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is Great, July 23, 2014
I love this Uglu tape. It has it's limitations but excels at certain applications. It's hard to cut because it's so sticky, so be sure to use your sharpest scissors. For me, this is a must-have for any fix-it drawer. Good for so many things and this roll is an economical way to get the most bang for your buck.

JK-AIR 2.4GHz Wireless Air Fly Mouse&Keyboard For Amazon Fire TV, PC
JK-AIR 2.4GHz Wireless Air Fly Mouse&Keyboard For Amazon Fire TV, PC
Offered by COMIX
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid performance and wireless signals, July 23, 2014
I still haven't found my perfect HTPC remote, but this one comes close. The pointer had some serious jiggle to it, but I adjusted the calibration (CTRL + ESC) which improved the accuracy. The keyboard is rock solid; no missed keystrokes or erroneous characters. The keys are rubbery but responsive. I find this very easy to type with. The wireless signals are good, but I did have to tinker with it to find the right USB port. I truly love the up and down buttons immediately above and below the cursor button. It's much more convenient to have all of that located near the left and right click buttons. There's no power switch on this one, which is great because the remote never goes to sleep. That means it's ready to use the instant you pick it up; much more convenient than having to wake the remote up each and every time. The letters on the keys are nice and bold and easy to read. For the money, I'm quite happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20