Profile for Kaio > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 170

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kaio RSS Feed (Sunny California)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PNY 2-in-1 Micro-USB and Apple Lightning Charge and Sync Cable (C-UA-UULN-W01-01)
Offered by JM PRIME
Price: $17.23
8 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality; inconveniently compact, May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cable is very short. The description says 6 inches, but I measured and it's just under 8 inches from end to end. The cable in between the two connectors is roughly 5 inches. So somewhere amidst all that, they settled on 6 inches in describing this product. No matter how it adds up, this is one short cable. Yup, it's convenient to have a microUSB and a Lightning cap all in one, but this is strictly for use while charging on a computer, that, or you gotta squat down to the floor just to charge your phone. The quality is nice and it's certainly portable. But it could have been longer and still be considered portable. It's decent, not great.

Galaxy S6 Screen Protector, Aerb [Tempered Protection] Premium Ballistic Nano Tempered Glass Screen Protector Scratch Free Ultra Slim Guard for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G925F SVI GS6 Early 2015 Model
Offered by Aerb Inc
2 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for for Galaxy S6, May 29, 2015
This screen protector does not cover all the viewable screen space of my Galaxy S6. I totally get that it is not supposed to go right to the edges of my phone, however, it doesn't even cover the viewable screen space. It creates a vertical line on either the left or right side, effectively cutting off several pixels of viewable area. My iPhone 6+ screen protector was a precise fit, and I expected at least as much out of this one. Not good.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Nail Clipper
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Nail Clipper

4.0 out of 5 stars Costs too much, May 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice nail clipper, but I seriously question the need to spend over 20 bucks on a nail clipper. Yes, they are sharp. Yes, they feel precise. Yes, Zwilling is a top brand, though it doesn't sound appealing to equate nail clippings with an established brand of culinary knives. Truth be told, I have a really cool nail clipper that I bought on vacation, complete with touristy markings, and yes, it is legitimately as sharp as this one and it only cost me 5 bucks. Actually, the handle on my cheapo vacation clippers is more convenient and feels better in the hand, with a more innovative thumb press. However, I do like these a whole lot, I just am glad I was given a free evaluation copy because I don't think the price is justified. Just a tad too expensive, with little innovation or originality to merit the price. But hey, if swanky brand logos are important to you, then this one fits the bill.

The Original Shredded Memory Foam Body Pillow with Bamboo Cover By Coop Home Goods - Made in the USA Hypoallergenic and Dust Mite Resistant - Satisfaction Guaranteed-
Offered by Marlow's Mercantile
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I found the perfect pillowcase, May 28, 2015
I was going to buy this myself but was fortunate to be offered an evaluation product in exchange for writing and honest review. If not for that, I would have purchased one outright. Either way, this is a beautiful pillow. It comes rolled and squished, so you get the fun of opening it up and watching the flat pancake slowly expand back to its original shape. The pillow is fairly heavy, very substantial and feels really good to cuddle. I’ve used countless cheap polyester fill body pillows and they simply don’t compare.

I’m actually a diehard latex user and have all latex pillows and a 100% latex mattress. I prefer latex because it sleeps cooler and breathes well, and yes, this pillow runs a tad hotter than latex. However, I’m pleasantly surprised at how well it breathes compared to other memory foam products I’ve tried. My pet peeve with them, is they feel like I’m lying on an oversized, unbreathable dish sponge. Maybe it’s the shredded foam or the bamboo cover, but this pillow does feel cooler than any memory foam product I’ve used prior.

Sleeping with this thing is pretty dreamy. I can fling limbs and half my body onto it and feel fully supported. That sinking feeling while the foam settles and molds to your body shape takes a little getting used to, compared to latex that has instant push-back and feels very springy. But the only latex body pillow I could find costs several hundred dollars, which is just outrageous. This memory foam offers really nice support and cradles you where you need support.

The cover is very soft and luxurious. I’m tempted to just sleep on it as is, since the instructions say the pillow is entirely washable. But it’s so heavy, that I am legitimately concerned about damaging my washer, particularly with the added water weight. If need be, I may just take it to a laundromat. I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect pillowcase and found this one that fits to a T -- Sky Blue Microsuede Body Pillow Cover Double Zippers (20"x60"). It comes in several colors and feels great on this extra-long pillow, and the case even has dual zippers; one at each end. It’s the perfect complement to this lux pillow, though I almost hate to cover the super soft and comfy bamboo cover.

I love that this pillow is made in the USA, which only adds to my appreciation for the product. This is top quality materials and craftsmanship, and I fully expect it to last for many years to come. If you think this pillow is pricey, rest assured that it’s of the utmost quality.

It’s hard to give this pillow any less than 5 stars. I do love latex more, but simply can’t find fault with this one, even if memory foam isn’t my first choice. The pillow is comfy as can be and truly helps my injured back so I can get a quality night’s sleep. I am very happy with this pillow and recommend it highly. Easily the best body pillow I have ever had the pleasure to use.

STA-BIL 22402 360 Oil Stabilizer - 32 fl. oz.
STA-BIL 22402 360 Oil Stabilizer - 32 fl. oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope it works, May 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's impossible to quantify the effectiveness of this product. The concept behind it seems sound and makes sense. I certainly feel better knowing it's in my engine, but I can't see, hear, nor feel any physical changes, so all I can say is, if it works as described, then every car could benefit from using this product. The cost is nominal and you're supposed to use it once a year, which makes it more than affordable. Just pour it directly into your oil reservoir and you're done. Just be sure not to overfill. The easiest way to do this, is to just bring it to the station when you get your oil changed and ask them to omit one quart of oil and pour a bottle of this in there instead. I have no proof of anything, but I'm a believer and will probably buy this again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2015 4:11 AM PDT

SoundLogic Charger for Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Gray
SoundLogic Charger for Smartphones - Retail Packaging - Gray
Price: $29.98
9 used & new from $12.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Organized charging, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really cool charging stand. It has a hidden compartment in the back that conceals the AC cord. The cool thing about that, is you can easily adjust the length of the cord and tuck away the rest to keep things looking neat and tidy. There's a really bright and large LED indicator that glows blue and is bright enough to be annoying at night. I placed a fancy piece of electrical tape over 9/10ths of it and made it look more reasonable. I just need to know it's powered, I don't need it to add mood lighting. The slots are a decent width and I was able to get an iPad, an Android tablet and an iPhone all stacked into the slots. Keeping the USB cables looking good is a bit tricky but still functional. I like this thing a lot. Very nice and the price is right.

MANGROOMER Professional Body Groomer and Trimmer Wet or Dry
MANGROOMER Professional Body Groomer and Trimmer Wet or Dry
Offered by Tradecozone
Price: $47.99
6 used & new from $44.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, not great, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a mediocre body groomer at best. It's really on par with just a basic beard trimmer. The blades are noisy. The attachments leave far to much body hair behind and are more suitable for a beard trim; plus there's nowhere to store the attachments when not in use. The pivoting head barely moves 5 degrees at most. The only real option for a close trim, is to just leave the guards off entirely and glide directly on the skin. The downside with that is, shaving that close will cause itchiness, bumps and possibly ingrown hairs. Any avid body groomer knows to leave a little stubble left behind, which this shaver simply can't do. The stand folds flat for travel, then has a rotating cutout that pivots maybe 300 degrees to make a stand. Well, the shaver is top heavy and very wobbly in the stand. I had high hopes for this one but it's just not that great. My quest for the perfect body trimmer continues.

Crescent CSWS11 1/2-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 12-Piece
Crescent CSWS11 1/2-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 12-Piece
Offered by Independence Fulfillment Services
Price: $36.73
8 used & new from $26.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality, May 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Oh yeah, now I remember why everyone makes such a to-do about Crescent wrenches. This is a really high quality set, with substantial weight behind it that gives me all the confidence as to the durability and precision of these tools. The handle is quite weighty and feels really good in the hand. The sockets are of fantastic quality, ranging from 7/16" - 1", with an extension piece for good measure. I absolutely love the case; it's very rugged and has nice and large red clasps that snap into place with a strong click, and there's a small hole in the center of the case flap if you want to lock it. The clicking sound of the ratchet is very tight and snappy, and just sounds right. I always seem to get the crappy budget tools, forgetting that brands like this have been number one for ages, for good reason. Very nice, high quality set and certainly worth the money.

Hefty Drawstring Multipurpose Trash Bags, 30 Gallon, 10 Count
Hefty Drawstring Multipurpose Trash Bags, 30 Gallon, 10 Count
Price: $6.29
5 used & new from $3.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice stretch, May 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, so trash bags are trash bags, right? Well, that's true in one sense, I guess. But what I love about these is they are durable and have some good stretch to them, so I can pack them extra tight and squish as much crap as I can in there, which seems to be a thing I like to do. I'm also particularly fond of the drawstrings; whenever I cheap out and go for the ones without drawstrings, I always regret it. It's also worth noting that I never have a problem opening these up to use them; some of my bargain brands are very clingy. This is pretty basic stuff here; they're strong, they get the job done and the price is good. Happy.

AmazonBasics Ultra-Clear High Definition (HD) Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 Plus
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down, Glass is the best screen protector I've ever used, May 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Glass screen protectors are very tricky to put on, but the results are oh so worth it. No other screen protector better mimics your actual screen's sensitivity, look and feel, all without compromising one iota of clarity and vividness. I've put 4 of these on different devices now, so I have it down to a science. The most important step, is getting your screen absolutely clean, without a single spec of anything on it. This protector comes with a cleaning cloth and I suggest you use it. Once your iPhone's screen is totally spotless, and I mean spotless, go ahead and peel the backing off this protector, then carefully line it up into position, because you really only have one shot at this. I start from the top because I find it easiest to match the earpiece cutout and edges of the screen that way. Then, once the placement is lined up, slowly lower the rest of the protector into place. If you're precise, the protector will fit perfectly. Since the iPhone has curved edges, you'll notice this protector can't actually give edge to edge coverage. This is normal, and the best any glass screen protector can provide.

As a longtime "helicopter blade" screen protector user, I can say this glass protector is miles apart in every respect and I will never again use anything but glass screen protectors from here on out. The clarity is perfect, without any distortions whatsoever. Those military grade ones can often lose clarity on side viewing angles, and some of them even cause little pinpoint artifacts. Glass, however, is crystal clear and perfect. Yes, they are more difficult to install, but if you take your time with it, you'll be happy with the results. I literally forget it's even on there, and can enjoy all the brilliance my Retina display has to offer. I have installed glass protectors on two iPad's as well and am equally impressed.

This protector is on par with my other glass protectors, and I was happy to get another one for hubby's phone. I will never use anything but
glass. Good luck!