Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for JJ > Reviews

Browse

JJ's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1677
Top Reviewer Ranking: 500

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JJ RSS Feed (Sunny California)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
56 in 1 Professional Screwdriver Set Magnetic Screwdriver bit Auto and Homeowner's Tool Kit for Phones
Offered by LQMY
Price: $40.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality set - love the extendable shafts, July 24, 2016
This is a really nice quality screwdriver set. It comes with a large handle and a smaller handle, and all the attachments fit both. Even better, both screwdriver shafts extend to make them longer or shorter, which will definitely come in handy in certain circumstances. There's a locking mechanism at the base of the shaft, and all you do is push the mechanism inward to change the length of the shaft, then let go to lock it into place. It's very fast and easy to do on the fly.

There's an array of heads to choose from, including standard Philips and flat heads, but also star shapes and other unusual heads that occasionally are needed, and all of them come in multiple sizes. There's also a couple prying tools and a suction cup, so if you need to work on a cell phone this could help get that sucker open. Just be careful not to ding the body of your phone by digging too hard with the prying tools. Good news there, is they're plastic, so they shouldn't damage your phone as easily as metal instruments would.

The whole set comes in a quality case with a snap closure. I love the clear lid because it makes it easy to spot what you want even before opening the case. The screwdriver handles feel good in the hand, though I prefer the larger one because it's a better fit for me. The heads seem to be of good quality and should hold up. I tend to be really hard on my tools, so time will tell if it lasts, but for now, I'm really impressed. Great set all around, and weighty too.

I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

EC Technology Infrared IR Temperature Gun Digital Thermometer with 12:1 Spot Ratio,AAA battery, Maximum Infrared Temperatre -50C to 550C
Offered by EC Technology US Store
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool, July 23, 2016
This is a really cool device and is a lot more compact than I expected. It's just made from basic plastic, but it feels good in the hand; basically like holding a snub nose toy gun. The handle pulls apart along a hinge to reveal a battery compartment which takes 2AAA batteries, and yes, they are included. It comes in a plain brown box and includes decent instructions that could be a little better written. The instructions are really only needed if you want to average temps and adjust for different surfaces. The instructions have a list of surfaces and the numerical adjustment you'll need to make for an accurate read. However, if you're ok with estimates, you can just use this straight out of the box and go for it. It turns on automatically when you pull the trigger, then it shoots a laser beam onto whatever you're pointing it at. The readings are Celsius and Fahrenheit and come back almost instantly. I was able to just keep the trigger pulled and track along the wall to find hot spots and variations on the fly. It's all very interesting. I love the backlit display because it makes the screen easier to read, but the digits could still be larger. This is a cool thing to have just in case but I'll probably only use it occasionally. It's lightweight and easy to operate.

I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

MelodySusie® Dark Brown Curly Wig - High Quality Glamorous Women Long Curly Wig with Free Wig Cap and Wig Comb (Dark Brown)
Offered by MelodySusie Direct
Price: $25.99
6 used & new from $15.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Budget friendly but sheds and doesn't look completely natural, July 23, 2016
This is a decent wig but not great. The individual hairs look pretty good but the wig sheds a lot straight out of the box. I found a lot of loose long hairs long after I put the wig away. The color is a nice natural brown and the length is great. I was planning on cutting it into a style that looks more natural for me, but I'm thinking I'll just leave it be. I used to be a stylist, but I think cutting this wig would be a bad choice. The mesh the hairs are mounted to fits well and the hairline does a good job of camouflaging the front edge of the wig. It does feel hot rather quickly though. Having said that, the wig tends to look very flat and unnatural along the part, so keep that in mind while styling and try to get as much lift as possible so you don't look like a flat head. I think if you're okay with people knowing you're wearing a wig, then this is a decent wig for the money. But if you want something that looks completely real and undetectable, then this isn't the wig for you. I know a quality wig from a budget wig, and this one's great for people on a budget. The wig comes in a quality box and includes care instructions and a wide tooth comb.

I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

Amcrest ProHD 1080P POE (Power Over Ethernet) IP Camera with Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Optional Cloud Recording, Full HD (1920TVL) @ 30FPS, Wide 90° Viewing Angle and Night Vision IP2M-841EB (Black)
Offered by FirstVision Technologies
Price: $129.99
2 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, July 22, 2016
This is basically an old school Foscam design that's been rebranded with some marked improvements. It sticks to the same basic form factor, which to me, only needs to be painted yellow to look a lot like a lovable one eyed Minion. The best improvement for me, is the addition of POE, which allows me to power the cam and make a network data connection with one cable. To make use of that, you'll need a POE network switch or an inline adapter that can combine power and data into one line and feed it both into the cam. It also comes with a USB cable and wall adapter for traditional power hookups.

Foscam's biggest asset over virtually all competitors, is the ease of setup, and this rebranded Amcrest is no different. The instructions are very professionally presented, unlike virtually all of the budget cams that come straight from China or Amazon FBA. Just follow the instructions and you'll be up and running within about 10 minutes or less. And if you've never done this before, fret not, because this is one of the easiest cameras out there so far as setup.

The optics are great though I tend to like a slightly wider field of view. But it all depends on where the cam is going. For now, I'm sticking with this slightly tighter lens and have it focused on a mid-range focal point. The cam works flawlessly and the PTZ is a bonus if you want to setup automated patrols of your area. For me, PTZ is a tad gimmicky because I prefer to just use enough cams to get total coverage at all times, without any camera movements. It's just happened once to often that the PTZ was pointing the wrong way when I wanted to check a recording of a particular event. I think it's just a silly thing we've come to accept as "security" after seeing movies where the hero dodges a patrolling camera. Truthfully, PTZ is almost useless, but ok, nice to have just in case, I guess.

Beware of putting this in a window that gets direct sunlight. The camera will function fine for a year or more, but before long, the plastic shell will age and crack over time, rendering the cam useless. Or at least that's what happened to most of my other Foscams of a similar design. They basically melted to a deformed state.

The packaging is top notch and makes a quality presentation, if that matters to you. Everything about this cam and the presentation says quality with an attention to detail. There's a reason Foscam is one of the top security cam brands, and Amcrest is following suit. I like this one a lot, though it tends to be a tad bulkier than I would typically like nowadays, but that's the PTZ mechanics for ya. The HD video is stunning, naturally. Very nice cam with few complaints outside personal preferences.

Comment Comment | Permalink

OUYIDE 30w Led Corn Light Bulb 3150-3300LM 6000k - 6500k Color Led Lights Temperature Led Lighting Bulb Day White Led Light Bulbs E27 Screw Base 160pcs 2835 SMD Chip 250 Watts Incandescent Replacement
Offered by cjshop
Price: $53.99

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good - intense - runs a little hot, July 21, 2016
This is a humongous light! I have 3 others similar to this in the 2700k range and this 6000k runs a lot hotter. I think it's because the LEDs are just mounted in glass while the others I have are mounted around an aluminum core which keeps the light a lot cooler. The color temp is quite bright and intense. Overall, it's a little longer than my other 35w corn lights. The plastic base stays cooler than the glass part, but the longer the bulb stays on, the more the base heats up. I was going to use this on some seedlings but I think it's just too intense. So I decided to add it to my main setup, which is now running 14k lumens. I've heard it can be good to have a 3-1 mix of 2700k to 6000k. Not my favorite corn light, but it seems to be good quality. I like it well enough. it comes in a cardboard box with a protective insert to support the glass portion in transit.

SumDirect Multipurpose Colorful Metal Clips Holders - 15 Pack
SumDirect Multipurpose Colorful Metal Clips Holders - 15 Pack
Offered by SumDirect
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They're ok, July 21, 2016
I was needing some binder clips and decided to try these instead. I was going to use them as clothespins, which is probably the best use for them. As suspected, the all wire design of these clips prevents them from really clamping anything very tightly, and causes the two arms to bend out of alignment when squeezing them open. The colors are great but not evenly distributed; I got more of red and yellow than anything else. The wire can bend easily and I'm certain if you clamp too many pages together you'll be playing the ol' pick-up game at some point in your future. The packaging is a simple cellophane pouch. They're decent, not great. The type of stuff I expect to see at a dollar store.

8 In 1 Multi-function Screwdriver Kit Tool Set With 6 LEDs Light Torch
8 In 1 Multi-function Screwdriver Kit Tool Set With 6 LEDs Light Torch
Offered by Tony Qiu
Price: $89.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Convenient but not the greatest, July 20, 2016
This is a cool multi-function screwdriver. There's 8 different screwdrivers folded into the handle, and all you do, is pick the one you want, pull it out and snap it into place. Now having said that, I wouldn't use this to power drive any stubborn screws, because the locking mechanism could easily give way, and then I'd probably wrench my knuckles when the screwdriver collapses. However, this would be great for tightening loose screws or straightforward applications like that. The drivers do have a nice locking mechanism, but it's still not as stable as an ordinary screwdriver. The upside to something like this, is having all those different heads available and ready to go at a moment's notice. One of the screwdrivers is actually a dual head jewelry screwdriver, and you can just unscrew the tip and switch between flat and Philips; very handy to have those tiny, delicate heads. There's a flashlight built into the top of the screwdriver that points a circle of LEDs onto whatever you're screwing. It takes 3 AA batteries which are not included. The battery cap is very hard to remove. All the screwdriver heads are magnetized. It comes in a compact color box with some pictures and info.

I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

BESTEK 5560 Joules 12-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip Flat Rotating Plug 6-Foot Cord with 2.1A Dual Smart Charging Ports and Cable / Satellite / Telephone Protection, UL Listed

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality made but a few outlets are cramped together, July 20, 2016
This is a top quality surge protector. My only complaint, is the center row of outlets are crammed too tightly together, so they don't work well with large chargers and adapters. All the outlets are 3 prong, and I love the addition of the coax cable surge protection and phone line protection. This past winter, we were hit by lightning during a rain storm and it fried our cable router. So the plan is to connect this to my router, then test my internet speeds and see if they deteriorate any. I've heard these things can impact speeds, but frying another $100+ modem doesn't sound appealing either.

The construction is top quality and the color contrast is nice. It looks and feels quality made. It comes in a frustration free box and makes a nice presentation. The power cord is thick but pliable. The outlets on the outer edges are spaced nicely and can accommodate most anything. This is a quality surge protector, I just wish the center row of outlets were more roomy.

I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

[Apple MFI Certified]Omars Flash Drive USB 3.0 with Lightning Connector External Storage Memory Expansion for iPhones, iPads iPod and Computers 32G Silver New Version
Offered by Omars Direct
Price: $43.99
2 used & new from $37.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 20, 2016
This s a cool flash drive. One end has a standard USB plug that fits most any computer USB port. Just plug it in and use like any other flash drive. Now for the cool part - the other end of this drive is an Apple Lightning Cable plug that goes into your iPhone or iPad, and you can transfer files from your drive direct to your device. To make the magic happen, you'll need to download the WitStick app to make use of the drive with iPhone or iPad, however, for a computer, no special apps are required. I have another flash drive like this and it uses the AGP File app, and I must say this WitStick app is more refined and user friendly. If I had to choose between the two, I 'd say this is the better one. Just bear in mind, Apple's DRM will limit what you can do with this drive. Below are the results of a speed test I preformed on this drive. I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

-----------------------
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 32.088 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 14.049 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 3.938 MB/s [ 961.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 1.155 MB/s [ 282.0 IOPS]

Appex Smoke Alarm and Carbon Monoxide Detector Combined Battery Powered Combination CO Detector Fire Safety (Photoelectric Sensor)
Offered by Appex Direct
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, July 19, 2016
This is a really nice smoke / carbon monoxide combo detector. It's powered by both a 9 volt battery, and your house's electrical current, using a standard smoke detector plug that's probably already in your ceiling. The good news is, the 9v battery is included, which is always classy and a nice touch. The detector itself feels quality made and is exactly the same size as a standard smoke detector. It really makes no sense to get two individual units for each function when a combo unit like this can handle both and save space. There's 2 LEDs on it, one red and one green. And there's a decent set of instructions that explains what all the alerts and flashing LEDs mean. The manual uses a ridiculously small font though, so break out the magnified glass. It comes in a plain box with screws and a mounting bracket. Simple, effective and seems to be priced right.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20