Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Rob Gurton > Reviews

Browse

Rob Gurton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rob Gurton RSS Feed

A Mechanical Translation of the Book of Exodus
A Mechanical Translation of the Book of Exodus
by Jeff A. Benner
Price: $29.95
35 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exodus Revealed, July 15, 2010
I've wanted to get closer to the text for devotional purposes but not yet mustered a serious attempt to learn Hebrew. This approach significantly leapfrogs the benefits of beginners Hebrew.
Reading this alongside the NIV made me see things in the NIV I'd never noticed before. Somehow if it reads in natural English I miss just how significant some of the things being said are. One or two things have hit me that are just different to the NIV. Moses does not say "Here I am" to the burning bush - but rather "look me". Might seem like a small thing but it does give a different slant on what is going on.
I love the meaning of every person and place name being immediately accessible as I read the text - it adds alot to the meaning. So the Eygptians were squeezing the sons of Israel and Eygypt was Two Straits whereas the promised land is wide. I also love being able to read out loud the transliterated Hebrew to hear what the original sounds like.
I've really got alot from the Mechanical translations - a plea to the author: could you do Psalms next?