Profile for Fancy Nancy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 93

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fancy Nancy RSS Feed (New England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Corolle Les Cheries Coralie - 14" Girl Doll with Black Hair and Brown Eyes
Corolle Les Cheries Coralie - 14" Girl Doll with Black Hair and Brown Eyes

4.0 out of 5 stars Prettiest doll ever, May 18, 2008
I almost did not buy this doll because of the previous review indicating that doll could not sit alone. I ENDED UP BUYING THIS DOLL AND WAS VERY GLAD I DID. SHE IS THE PRETTIEST Non-Kathe Kruse DOLL I HAVE EVER SEEN. I almost bought DD a Kathe Kruse vinyl 16" doll because they are so facially pretty and classic, but this one I must say is just as pretty despite her glass eyes. Her clothes are pretty and well-made as well. The body IS as the previous reviewer said (I have attached pictures to illustrate) and does not sit properly. I am hoping that with play she will sit. This does not mean that she is stiff, not at all. The body is quite squishy and huggable, it just doesn't sit well. If you see the picture with the three dolls, the blonde one just lays on the chair. Coralie looks like she is sitting, but I squashed her head down against the edge of the table for the picture. Had I not done so, she would be laying flat on the floor. DD loves her the best because she is so pretty. A great doll for a great price. The scads of clothes and accessories make this a smart, long-term purchase which my now 4yo will play with as she grows.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, discontinued in 2003, February 16, 2008
Great toy if you can find it, it was discontinued by Plan toys in 2003 and replaced by the Victorian dollhouse. Solidly made and will last forever.

Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark (A Stepping Stone Book(TM))
Magic Tree House #1: Dinosaurs Before Dark (A Stepping Stone Book(TM))
by Mary Pope Osborne
37 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Creative Paraphrasing Needed, November 17, 2007
It is exciting for my son to imagine two children flying off on wonderful adventures in a treehouse filled with books. Yes, the writing is painful to read but what 4-yr. old doesn't love dinosaurs, knights and pirates? I creatively paraphrase as I go along and sometimes omit entire sentences during storytime. It really annoys me that the author didn't do a better job but my son sits rapt with attention and asks a million questions. The Magic Treehouse books provide a good basis for further research, lively discussion and fodder for the imagination but again, I paraphrase. I would rate the age range more in the pre-K to Kindergarten.

When he is ready to read chapter books on his own, I will steer him toward different authors. For now, he laughs when he tells me that no story sounds the same twice.

Planet Heroes: Earth "Ace"
Planet Heroes: Earth "Ace"

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but check, November 9, 2007
This review is from: Planet Heroes: Earth "Ace" (Toy)
Earth Ace is the leading figure in this set and has some great features. Check around, however. The manufacturer's website lists this toy at a much more reasonable amount.

Planet Heroes Good Guys Gift Set include Earth"Ace", Jupiter "Gustus" + BONUS DVD included

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, but check, November 7, 2007
My son loves these figures and plays with them all the time. He throws them around launching them through the air in "space flight" and they land and bounce right back. They have held up very well thus far! I am not sure that I would buy a set, however, as individually the items are priced as such at Target, ToysRus.com and FisherPrice.com: Earth Ace is [...], which price includes his space dog, which leaves you paying [...] for a DVD? Unless it comes with other figures not pictured here or unless I am misreading the description, which only lists Earth Ace and Jupiter "Gustus" and the DVD as being included in the set.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2007 11:27 AM PST

Plan Toy My First Dollhouse
Plan Toy My First Dollhouse
Price: $99.81
18 used & new from $99.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Indestructible Dollhouse - Best buy for Toddlers Boys & Girls, June 20, 2007
This review is from: Plan Toy My First Dollhouse (Toy)
Easy to assemble. I was amazed at how sturdy & solid this dollhouse is. The quality is excellent and it is very large. I got it on Amazon during some crazy sale for $22 and expected to get what I paid for: a so-so but serviceable toy. I wasn't even expecting the greatest quality for what I paid, even though it was Brio. Was I wrong. The wood is SOLID hardwood, not the thin, easily breakable wood stuff of my son's Ryan's Room Firehouse.

Given the price, I bought two and painted the triangle & rectangle front pieces pink & white for my daughter and red and blue for my son and left the rest natural. They look fantastic.

It is the perfect first dollhouse for a young child/toddler. We will invest in a "fancier," prettier one for my daughter when she is older, but it doesn't get any more perfect than this for a 3-year old. My son loves that he has a "clubhouse" for the guys (Spidey, SuperDude, his Ninja Turtles). It has even spent some time being the Bat Cave, an army barracks, an animal rescue center and a Dino-Safari headquarters.

I can't even imagine how enormous it will be when we add the basement. Best toy I have purchased for a toddler overall.

Melissa & Doug Folding Princess Castle
Melissa & Doug Folding Princess Castle
Price: $65.99
51 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS, HUGE Worth every penny! Updated review TWO years later..., March 3, 2007
FINALLY! A castle for girls DIMENSIONS: 18" W x 15"deep closed and 26"high (Including the flag) and an incredible 36" or 3 FEET long when unfolded. Bigger than my daughter's dollhouse, this princess castle is enormous, and folds out to be even bigger, it is natural wood with very pretty screened (not hand painted but still very nice) flowery decorations. We try to buy all wood toys (some painted some not) and this was, while not unadorned, a very beautiful alternative to the nauseatingly pink and plastic princess castles out there. The roof and turrets are pink accented with gold, a very nice and pretty touch. The quality is excellent, as are all Melissa & Doug items. Don't even hesitate to get this one - your daughter will absolutely love it. When you consider how unique it is, how beautiful and well-made it is, how BIG IT IS, and how now your daughter can have a castle to rival that of your son's, it is well worth it. This is actually bigger than my son's blue castle. My two play with theirs together and the hours of imagination and cooperative play with all the different story lines (his knights and her princesses) is just endless. May 2008: UPDATE: over a year later and this castle is still is perfect shape after hours and hours of play. The ONLY caveat would be the flag - it is held on by a magnet, which does make sense since if it had been glued on it would have broken off by now, but it gets lost easily and the castle looks so much prettier with the flag on. To contradict myself, being able to take it off easily lets my children act out "capture the flag" storyline. I just have to move heaven and earth to find it when misplaced. I cannot believe how much this product has come down in price. I paid over [...] for this when it was first released. Now, with a lower price and Amazon Prime free shipping, you can't go wrong. As a commenter pointed out, it is small inside for furniture, but, this is not really a dollhouse after all. Add the fantasy/princess figures, a unicorn for the unicorn stable and your children will be all set. UPDATE JANUARY 2009 I just purchased the M&D matching princess furniture. The castle has held up to much playing and still looks brand new. After the Tinkerbell movie, it became a fairy castle. The Papo fairy and princess doll figures, Tales and Legends I think, fit perfectly, too. The Disney princess figurines (the mini ones, favorite moments) are a good size also. I am still very happy with this purchase and daughter is still playing happily with it. Our local upscale toystore has this for just under a hundred dollars. Amazon's price is still the best around.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2010 8:10 PM PST

Barbie Fairytopia Magic of the Rainbow Mini Dolls Gift Pack: Glee, Enchantress, and Sunburst

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute toy, February 24, 2007
The faces are pretty cute, not weird-looking like some miniature dolls. Three stars because Laverna's head snapped off the first day, but with gentler play they will be fine. The size is so cute and fits well in my 3-yr olds hands and she now realizes that to keep Elina's head on she will need to be a little more gentle. **Toys-R-Us has these for $9.99. These are products currently F(2/2007 pre-Rainbow movie release) available at a wide variety of brick and mortars; there is no need to pay $20 or more.

Fox Puppet 20" by Folkmanis Puppets
Fox Puppet 20" by Folkmanis Puppets

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toy, February 17, 2007
Well-made, beautiful blue eyes and a very heavy, big puppet, more like a stuffed animal with benefits of being a puppet. Very pretty, the wings are very pretty. Barbie/Pegasus fans will love.

Maxim Gable Barn with Animals and Side Stall
Maxim Gable Barn with Animals and Side Stall

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sturdy, February 17, 2007
My husband put this together in no time. It is VERY sturdy and it is HUGE. Comes with all the jumbo animals in the picture. The roof lifts off in pieces so half of it can stay on while the rest is still on. Has a great hayloft/2nd floor so they can pretend to crank up bales of hay using the hook and pop them through the opening and right onto the loft floor. I bought this after Thanksgiving during the sales so for Christmas timing was perfect for CHARLOTTE'S WEBB. The children loved it and at 2.5 and 4 they have not managed to break it yet. Wish it came with more animals. Curiously, the horse is lightweight and a little flimsy but the other pieces are hefty. [...].

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10