Profile for J. Peplinski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 257

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Peplinski RSS Feed (Michigan)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hitachi WH18DGL 1/4-Inch 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver (Includes Two Batteries)
Price: $119.99
13 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great driver-lightweight, small, powerful, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a great product with lots of convenience features! The best thing about this item is its size. It is very compact, yet can pack a decent enough punch for most household jobs. It isn't going to be able to tackle every job. However, it comes in at a very good price point, considering it is a decent brand and comes with 2 batteries (at least my version did - WH18DGL). Be careful reading some of the other reviews and what comes with it - this same listing is used to cover variations on the same product. Mine came with regular sized batteries and the hard sided case. Along with its small size, it is also very light. This makes it really easy to be able to fit it into some tight spaces. Holding it in my hand, it is very comfortable and well balanced. I also love that it has the LED light that points in the direction of your work when you use the drill. That is something I wish all my power tools had.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an affordable driver kit with batteries for around the house.

Classic Brands 10.5-Inch Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress, Queen
Classic Brands 10.5-Inch Cool Gel Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress, Queen
Price: $392.68
2 used & new from $385.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable!, May 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm terrible at sleeping. It's just not a skill I have, I guess - I'm always uncomfortable, tossing & turning, staying up late trying to get tired enough to doze off and then wide awake an hour later with an aching back. I only tell you this, because when I say that I'm actually pretty comfortable on this mattress, you'll know that is really saying something!

This memory foam seems to strike just the right balance between support and letting your body sink in. It seems to feel pretty decent on my lower back, but when I start to feel too stiff I roll onto my side & the mattress hugs my body well in that position too. What really impresses me is that when I roll from one position to another, the mattress "recovers" completely and relatively fast. So, when I roll back into the old position, it feels like a new mattress again! Our old mattress had developed uncomfortable bends and "divots" where we slept the most and became less supportive right where we needed it most - this one seems to keep recovering to brand new shape every time I roll over!

As for coolness, it doesn't seem significantly cooler than any other mattress, but we haven't gotten to the really hot part of the year yet so I guess maybe we'll notice whether or not it does that in the hottest part of July? I don't know that this is as big a feature as they tout in the description, but it's not overly hot either. The temperature just seems to match the room, like any other piece of furniture. Although, this is my first memory-foam mattress; maybe other brands in that style tend to get too warm? I don't know. It's not like laying on a cool breeze, but it is comfortable.

It's not a miracle bed; my back is still a little stiff in the morning. But for the price, it's a LOT more comfortable than our last fancy pillow-top mattress (which cost about 3x more)! The only sort of less-pleasant surprise is that it has a very low profile and puts us much closer to the ground than before. We're getting pretty used to it though, it's not bad. Our last mattress was just super thick & tall, maybe.

My husband also sleeps like a log on this mattress - falls asleep instantly, sleeps through the night, and wakes up without any sore joints. But, he would be able to do that on a bed made of rocks and twigs, so his review doesn't count. :-)

Purina Pro Plan Wet Cat Food, True Nature, Grain Free Chicken & Liver Entrée, 3-Ounce Can, Pack of 24
Price: $20.79
5 used & new from $20.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a huge hit in our house. Picky cat!, May 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
2 out of my 3 cats seem to like it; the other 1 will not touch it and complains until we get it out of her bowl and give her some shredded Friskies (yeah, you can tell who is in charge at this house). I haven't notice any change in the usual amount of hairballs and "oops I ate too fast" barf piles from the cats that do like it, unfortunately. Personally, I'm just not a fan of pate' style wet food for cats (or dogs) because it's hard to mix with the dry kibble, and it can be a challenge to get it off the end of the spoon quickly enough while a bossy cat is demanding dinner RIGHT THIS INSTANT with her head in the way.

Nothing wrong with this food that I can tell, seems like the ingredients are healthy. But, considering that 1/3 of my cats don't like it, and I don't like dealing with pate', I probably won't buy it again. Just a personal preference.

The Vampire, the Hunter, and the Girl (The Vampire and the Hunter Trilogy: Book One)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY recommended!! Even if you think you're tired of vampires, I promise you'll love it!, April 28, 2015
What a fun book!!! The vampire genre has been beaten to death (pardon the pun) but this was really fresh and full of surprises. The characters were interesting and real, felt like people I know: with their own minds and history and quirks. Even though it's not remotely the same, it reminds me of how I felt when I first saw the Buffy TV series: finally, something interesting and fun that seamlessly combines clever dialogue with genuinely creepy moments. And, great bits of action with unpredictable outcomes so you really don't want to skip a sentence or you'll miss something. I don't want to say too much & spoil anything. It is simply a lot of fun and you should sit down and read it immediately! EXCELLENT book to take on vacation & forget about everyday life for a while. A perfect beach read!

If I had one complaint, I just wish it were longer! I was just getting to love these characters and now I can't wait to find out what happens next. Please hurry up and finish the next one!!

Evercare Professional Extra Sticky Lint Roller with 2 Refills 180 Total Sheets
Evercare Professional Extra Sticky Lint Roller with 2 Refills 180 Total Sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and sticky, good perforations, April 28, 2015
I just had to throw away a half-full roller of lint sticky pads because halfway down, they stopped being perforated & were impossible to rip off. These are perforated all the way to the core of the roll! Hurray! No waste! It is SUPER sticky and gets used a lot - I have 2 dogs & 3 cats, all of whom love hanging out in my sewing room & shedding on all my projects.

It seems kind of goofy to review a lint roller, but I was pretty mad at how much the last one really sucked. This is good stuff, comes with a really thick roll for starters & 2 refills. And it works! Nice and sticky!

Georgie Beauty Style No. 1 'La Chérie' Faux Lash Compact
Georgie Beauty Style No. 1 'La Chérie' Faux Lash Compact
Price: $28.00
3 used & new from $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, fairly natural-looking, nice case!, April 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a few other reviewers have noted, these lashes make a great impression right away with the beautiful little compact for storage. I've gotten a lot of lashes over the years, and this is the nicest I've seen - even expensive lashes often come in a disposable clamshell that isn't designed to be reused. This is a very nice sturdy compact that can store your lashes and glue for years to come, although it does feel a bit large for just one set! Maybe other people don't have as much makeup to store as I do, but space is an issue. I still really like this compact, just wish it had room to store extra sets of lashes perhaps.

Lash shape: this is a very personal thing; everyone has a different preference, eye shape, fashion style, application style, etc. These are actually really nice "starter" lashes, I feel, a good basic shape & thickness that is not overdone but is still longer and more dramatic than natural lashes (which is the whole point of falsies, right?). They are designed to look somewhat natural but make your eyes "pop" without looking like huge false eyelashes. The varying length of each lash, and the way they lengthen toward the corner of the eye, mimics your natural lashes to add volume and length but without looking overly "spidery" like cheap Halloween falsies (nothing wrong with those either, I'm just saying these are not that). Personally I prefer a shorter-width faux lash; I like to add just a bit of fringe to the outer edge of my lashes to look flirty and feminine without feeling too heavy. I'll probably trim these down a little bit eventually, but I wanted to test them as is for the review first.

Glue: another personal preference/allergy/etc thing, though I will say they give you a lot!! That is nice really, and in conjunction with the durable storage case, you know that these are not disposable lashes & you can use them again and again and again. This type of tube can be hard to apply *just enough* without a whole lot dribbling out, so be prepared with tissues & Q-tips for cleanup. You can even use the Q-tip to apply glue from the tube to the faux lash, though I like to put the glue on my pinky finger & drag the lashes through it instead. Everyone is different. This glue worked fine for me, it may work for you - if it does, congratulations, you have enough to apply to all your other lash purchases too! Many lashes come with a very tiny tube that dries out quickly, so this is pretty cool to include a big tube & even have a special spot to store it in the compact.

Application: if this is your first pair, be prepared for a learning curve! Honestly, it'll probably be easier to learn on the thicker cheap lashes from the drugstore because these have a very fine thin base that sits against your natural lashes. This creates a much more subtle, natural look and does not require a lot of liner to cover the glue line, but can be a bit of a challenge to work with if you have never done it before! So it's a trade-off; looks subtle if you aren't used to false lashes, but harder to apply than the obvious-looking ones. My advice is (other than practice first with a thick cheap set) is to hold them against your lash line first to figure out exactly where you want it to sit. Practice placing them a few times while just holding the lashes (not the base) before applying the glue. Then apply a little glue and go for it! It takes a little while for it to set, so don't worry if it doesn't line up right the first time. They're meant to be reused over & over, so if you have to pull them off and try again a few times, it will be okay.

Like I said, I've tried a bunch of different lashes from cheap to fancy, and these are quite nice. I guess the one-star deduction would just be for the oversized case & being a little bit subtle for my faux-lash taste - basically this should be a 4-1/2 star, really only for personal taste issues. I have no problems with these at all and would recommend them. They might not be the easiest thing for a beginner to apply the first time, but good quality. The price may seem high if you haven't bought a lot of lashes, but I think it's reasonable for the quality.

Scotts EZ Seed - Dog Spot Repair - Sun and Shade, 2-Pound (Grass Seed Mix)
Scotts EZ Seed - Dog Spot Repair - Sun and Shade, 2-Pound (Grass Seed Mix)
Price: $13.56
3 used & new from $10.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but not a ton of seed/coverage for the money., April 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Scotts EZ Seed - Dog Spot Repair is designed to repair lawn damage caused by dogs. So far, my results show that it will work, but I'm not getting a very thick growth. If you have relatively large or many spots, you will easily go through the entire container. Because this is a mixture of seed, mulch, and gypsum, a little does not go a long way. It states that it covers an area of 45 square feet. I'm not sure it can really cover that size, unless I am over spreading it, which I don't believe I am doing. There just doesn't appear to be much seed in the mixture. The growth is a little more sparser than what I was expecting. However, I will continue to monitor and update if it improves significantly.

Command Décor Damage-Free Wall Tiles, 3-Pack (2 Chalkboard, 1 Dry Erase)
Command Décor Damage-Free Wall Tiles, 3-Pack (2 Chalkboard, 1 Dry Erase)
Price: $66.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, especially with integrated level, April 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Command Decor Damage-Free Wall Tiles are a great way to display art on walls without causing damage. If you are familiar with command strips, then you already have an idea of how they get attached to walls with the ability to remove without causing damage. With this product, they've gone the extra step to provide a mountable base onto which you can attach artwork, chalkboard, or dry-erase board.

The art itself sits about 1" from the wall, which gives it some depth. Additionally, there is an optional riser to allow you to position art even further from the wall, which allows for the possibility to overlap and create some unique setups.

It is super easy to install - especially with the integrated level within the base! You don't have to worry about putting any level lines on your wall. The instructions are clear, with words and pictures. There are also examples of other artwork you can choose to easily slap on the base. I would expect you can just buy different artwork (and not pay for the base again), but I'm not seeing where that is a product alone. It would be great to be able to switch out the artwork based on your mood or the season, especially since they make it so easy. This will be 5 stars once I see the ability to buy other art tiles w/o the base.

Sulky 12-Inch Ultra Solvy Water Soluble Stabilizer Roll
Sulky 12-Inch Ultra Solvy Water Soluble Stabilizer Roll
Price: $20.10
24 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The gold standard for free-standing lace embroidery!, April 16, 2015
For making free-standing lace embroidery, this is The Stuff. It feels like a thick sheet of plastic when you hoop it, and holds even heavy lace designs very well. It takes a fair amount of rinsing to remove it all (you can tell when it's completely gone because the lace will not be sticky anymore) and the soaking bowl gets kind of slimy afterward! But all worth it because the final designs are beautiful and never fall apart. I never have gaps where the embroidery has pulled apart when I use this. That's not to say that thread never gets snagged and messes up, but you'll find that happens occasionally on pretty much any project if you sew/embroider a lot.

Previously, I had been using a fabric-style stabilizer for making lace, which tended to have some problem areas after soaking to remove the stabilizer. The fabric style is easier to wash away & the final product feels softer against sensitive skin, but so many of my designs had parts that became disconnected or didn't catch, that I had to spend hours repairing them and it wasn't worth it.

PEPPERLONELY Brand, 50 Sets Antiqued Bronze Purse Magnetic Snap Clasps Closesure For Purse Handbag 14mm (4/8")
Offered by PEPPERLONELY LLC
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, attractive, functions well, April 16, 2015
These are awesome. They look nice - fancy enough to be part of a design, not just a hidden attachment. And the magnets are pretty powerful. DO use some interfacing inside your fabric when attaching these, or the magnet may pull your project apart too much. Actually you should use some interfacing anyway, but you may want to step up to a medium or heavy interfacing instead of lightweight, just in case.

GREAT deal, much cheaper than I've found in craft supply stores for closures that didn't even look as nice as this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20