Profile for J. Peplinski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 214

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Peplinski RSS Feed (Michigan)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FitFlop Women's Frou Thong Sandal,Black,10 M US
FitFlop Women's Frou Thong Sandal,Black,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars CUTE, very comfy, love them!, June 17, 2014
This is NOT my first pair of FitFlops; a few months ago my basic black ones just looked too beat-up to wear outside the house & my sequined black ones broke a strap. Clearly I love the FitFlops and can't go without a black pair! They're all quite comfortable & hug my high arches, helping tremendously with plantar fasciitis pain, but this pair is even BETTER! Not only is the flower pretty (but subtle), there is a bit of padding beneath the T-straps now, so the top of my foot feels just as comfy as the bottom! Also the padding decreases any slight looseness, so my toes don't try to grip the shoe at all, which caused a few foot cramps in the sequined pair.

I also have FitFlop slippers and ankle boots - they really work for my ouchy feet!

7th Heaven Season 11
7th Heaven Season 11
DVD
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did they make this season?, May 8, 2014
We loved every minute of ten seasons of this goofy, over-the-top, sugary-sweet show, and the finale of Season 10 was clearly meant to be the series finale. Most of the series regulars had departed, and a group of new "orphans" were tacked on in S11 just because otherwise there would be no plot whatsoever. Notably, all the early characters (Jessica Biel, Barry Watson, etc) who had moved on at various times throughout the series all returned for a heartwarming cameo in the Season 10 finale, yet were barely mentioned in S11.

Granted, one of the reasons we loved the show was that so many of the plot lines were pretty ridiculous, but S11 went so far past the mark that it barely even made sense. We pushed through and watched the whole thing (because hey, you don't slog through an entire series just to give up halfway through the last season) but if we ever sit down and watch again, we're just going to pretend that they didn't really make Season 11 and skip it.

We read a few articles online that Season 10 really was intended to be the last season, and it's very clear that the final episode that year was meant to be the series finale. I don't know how they talked Stephen Collins, Catherine Hicks, and Beverley Mitchell into coming back for this pointless farce, but most importantly - I don't know WHY.

Crest + Oral-B Professional Whitening Kit, 1 Count
Crest + Oral-B Professional Whitening Kit, 1 Count
Price: $131.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice kit - not sure it is worth all the extras though, December 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Oral B Crest Complete Whitening Kit is a bundle of decent products designed to get your teeth whiter in as little as two weeks. Mostly what you are buying is the toothbrush, some extra heads, and whitening strips. It also has some extras such as a small bottle of mouthwash, some whitening toothpaste, with a small tote bag and a luggage tag? I have a feeling this pack was designed for swag at a dental conference or something.

Toothbrush:
I think the toothbrush is great. I love that it comes with a travel case where you can also store the extra heads. I always brush too hard and it has a light I can see in the mirror to notify me when I'm brushing too hard. The only bad part is that it seems to take awhile to fully charge. However, I think you can probably still get several days out of it with regular use before having to recharge, even when only mostly charged.

Whitening strips:
Pro: Super sticky when applied to dry teeth.
Con: Tough to adhere to moistened teeth.
In short, they will stick well to the upper teeth. With the saliva near your bottom teeth, you probably want to use cotton in your lower gums while trying to adhere the strips to your lower teeth. My teeth did seem a little whiter after using, but it was hard to discern a noticeable difference.

Mouthwash:
The peroxide whitening mouthwash left me with a weird aftertaste, sort of like dried mushrooms. It was really weird. It also leaves a slight foaming residue. Definitely not something I was used to, but not terrible, and the aftertaste went away quickly.

Toothpaste:
This kit included some whitening toothpaste. I can't really say it made my teeth any whiter by itself, though.

Whitening power:
I think if you were really committed to getting whiter teeth to go to all the hassle of using this entire kit and the strips for two weeks, you could probably get better results from a professional dentist.

Overall:
You are basically buying the toothbrush here with a bunch of extras. The toothbrush is fantastic though, leaving my teeth feeling super clean. However, it was about the same as the other Oral B Healthy Clean Precision 1000 (which I also own). I like the travel case and the extra brush heads and head holder. However, I'm not sure the kit is worth the extra expense.

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Xbox 360 (Cable Included)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Xbox 360 (Cable Included)
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $48.99
61 used & new from $42.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Many improvements over previous version!, December 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The newest version of Rocksmith sees some improvements and advances in game play over the prior version, making it a joy to play and stick with. I got the original Rocksmith and was pleasantly surprised at how much it was able to teach me. However, the menu and progressing through the lessons was a little unintuitive. It was tough to get from just playing a song, back to the lessons. The newest version has a much more intuitive menu, where it is easy to just pick up and play some songs, or, if you are going down the lesson track, to sit down and learn a song, or specific part of a song to master a technique.

The "guitarcade" is a collection of mini-games to help practice your technique. It is themed around an 80s style arcade, which doesn't really fit with the rest of the style of the game, but that's okay, it's still fun. You will have no problem with lag as long as you use the audio out through the RCA cables and not the HDMI or Optical out.

One aspect of this version that is both good and bad is the inclusion of the lead or rhythm guitar learning track (or you can choose bass track). With the last version, you would learn aspects of the lead guitar along with aspects of the rhythm guitar. I like that it provides an option to focus on what you do best (or want to focus your learning on). On the other hand, I liked having all parts of the song intermixed in one track. I'm mainly on the rhythm guitar learning track, but I really miss being able to play certain lead riffs.

There is enough variety of styles and genres in this to keep you interested, even if every song is not your cup of tea. You should find enough songs to learn to make it worth it, no matter your musical taste. A great game and a big improvement over the last version.

Utopia Flour Sack Towel Commercial Grade 22-Inch x 35-Inch, 12-Pack, White
Utopia Flour Sack Towel Commercial Grade 22-Inch x 35-Inch, 12-Pack, White
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not really flour sacks, December 17, 2013
I would definitely say these are more like "tea towels" than traditional flour sacks. The weave is very tight and even, crisp white, with perfect edges. They work great in my embroidery machine (which is what I bought them for) but aren't as popular with my customers as the more traditional-looking flour sack style.

They're not bad towels at all, just know before you order that what you're getting is a set of crisp white tea towels.

144 Prewound Bobbins for Brother Embroidery Machine Size A (156)
144 Prewound Bobbins for Brother Embroidery Machine Size A (156)
Offered by Thread N Stitch
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $27.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, SO handy, December 17, 2013
I figured out how much it would cost me to wind this many embroidery bobbins on my own, and this box is BY FAR a better deal. I just got my first embroidery machine about 2 months ago, and go through bobbins pretty fast, so it's fantastic to have so many on standby when I run out of bobbin thread in the middle of a project. The bobbins themselves don't look exactly like the ones that are specific to my Brother machine, but they work just great. The box was packed neatly and I am extremely happy with these.

FitFlop Women's The Cuddler Slippers,Pink,10 M US
FitFlop Women's The Cuddler Slippers,Pink,10 M US
Price: $82.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Fitflops! Takes some breaking in., December 17, 2013
My arches are very high, and in the summertime my Fitflops conform to my feet like a firm version of memory foam, helping alleviate pain from plantar fasciitis. I've been wearing cheap slippers for too long & my feet hurt, so I shelled out to get some REALLY GOOD slippers like these.

They're a little tight in the toes, and take a while to break in, but I really do love them. I suppose if I spent more time standing up, they'd break in faster! At first they felt very hard and cold but after a few hours I was reluctant to take them off. After wearing them for about 6 weeks now, they're starting to conform to my feet and feel good. Even though the backs are open, they are quite warm and cozy.

The bottoms are extremely thick and waterproof, so I have no problem going outside in a little bit of snow or rain to get my dog if I need to. That was a must, for me!

They're taking longer to break in than I expected, but I do love them so. I feel like the long break-in period means they will not fall apart easily and I can wear them for many winters to come. They are VERY good quality, solid, warm, and well-constructed. Much pinker than in the photo! Pretty close to Barbie Pink, which is a bonus for me but may not be for you!

Playmobil Pop Stars Stage
Playmobil Pop Stars Stage
Price: $34.98
28 used & new from $25.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Attention Santa: SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Playmobil Pop Stars Stage (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before you open the box, gather up 4 AA batteries and one of those tiny little Phillips-head screwdrivers. One of the screws holding my battery cover in place was in so tight that it took 4 different screwdrivers and the screw head is almost completely stripped now - I won't be screwing this back in too tightly, on the off chance that the batteries may die someday.

The box is much, much bigger than the pieces require, so they rattled around a lot during shipping and the "stage" portion is pretty scratched up. I'm sure my 5-year-old nephew won't care very much but it just seems like they're trying to make you think you're buying a much larger, more impressive toy than you actually get. Inside, the smaller pieces are divided into plastic bags in a way that makes no sense whatsoever - basically you need to open every single bag before you can assemble even one portion of the final toy. The packaging engineers at Playmobil need to buy a few pieces of Ikea furniture and take a lot of notes about how to package in a logical, space-saving way that follows the chronology of assembly. Ultimately it only took me about 55 minutes to assemble the whole thing (about 15 of which involved wrestling the battery cover), but fortunately I didn't have my nephew over my shoulder impatiently demanding to play with it sooner. So if you're getting this as a gift for someone, open 'er up and assemble it FIRST.

The light feature is pretty cool, and the fact that you can broadcast your own music through the speakers is fun. The speakers are very cheap and sound tinny, but it is a pretty inexpensive toy so what can you expect. Unfortunately, kids today are accustomed to very sophisticated technology so I don't know if my nephew will find that to be a cool thing for long or not. Fun idea though. It does come with two pre-loaded songs that are pretty awful, and the volume control has two settings: "not that loud" and "slightly louder." Plugging in an mp3 player, iPod, etc, is very easy through a headphone jack connection (which means you can use anything that has a headphone jack) but integrating a small holder for your iPod or phone would be a handy improvement.

Once assembled, the stage does look pretty cool and the instruments (especially the guitars) are great looking! The band members, not so much. As others have mentioned, they're all dudes, which is pretty outdated, and their outfits - OMG. Does the designer think that today's kid's love Def Leppard and Bon Jovi or what?? VERY dated, goofy outfits. Maybe current "rock bands" do dress like 1980's AC/DC tribute clubs, but just in case, maybe Playmobil could offer some other "bands" to play on your stage, even include a little keyboard or DJ booth in the future. This has some potential for expansion, if your kid doesn't break it first - everything feels a little flimsy but I suppose it all depends on how hard they want to rock out.

Loved the idea of this, but am not too impressed with the execution.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2014 6:24 PM PST

NoviPet Calming Aid for Dogs
NoviPet Calming Aid for Dogs
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, is gentle on the system, December 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We originally got this for our younger dog, Peach, who is a puppy mill rescue and has some separation anxiety when I leave the house. It seemed to make her pretty sleepy, which will be excellent for thunderstorms and fireworks but not for everyday use. We don't use it with her very often because for general purposes, I'd rather not have her sleep the day away. She's a sweet, playful dog so I don't want to knock her out unless there is something she is REALLY upset about (i.e. fireworks).

I decided to try it on our senior dog, Dennis (very senior - 16 yrs old), because some nights he just gets so fussy and can't seem to get comfortable enough to settle down and go to sleep. He's on a variety of other medications and supplements due to his age and various ailments (arthritis, deteriorating vision & hearing, etc) so I checked with the vet & the natural ingredients in this Calming Aid would not interact with anything else he takes. It REALLY helps him get to sleep if he is having a rough night!

Our dogs are small, under 25 lbs, so they're supposed to get only 1/2 treat per dose. Unfortunately, the fact that these must be stored in the fridge makes them really hard to break in half without mushing them into oblivion. Honestly, Dennis does better with a whole treat anyway, with no adverse effects that I can see. Half a treat does nothing, while a whole treat lets him sleep. He likes the taste, too. Many of his treats & supplements must be given to him over & over because he spits them out the first 3 or 4 times, but he chews these right up happily.

In general our dogs have pretty mellow personalities, so if your dog is really crazy and energetic, it might just make them calm. For mine, it makes them sleepy. But for some situations that would otherwise be upsetting for them, it's not really a bad thing to have them take a little nap instead of having a freak-out.

Vetri-Science Canine Plus Senior, 60 Bite-Sized Chews
Vetri-Science Canine Plus Senior, 60 Bite-Sized Chews
Price: $16.94
6 used & new from $16.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps with senior dementia, among other things, December 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My pekingese, Dennis, is a pretty ripe 16 years old. He has arthritis in his back & hips, is nearly blind and seems to have some trouble hearing, too (tries to respond to noises but generally looks the wrong direction). For the last year, he seemed to be feeling worse & worse and would sit on his bed wailing for help several times per day. The vet had him on several pain medications but we couldn't increase it anymore, so they suggested he may be suffering from some mild dementia due to his advanced age, and recommended a veterinary supplement (not this one - stick with me, it will all make sense soon). After a few days, little old Dennis decreased his wailing and began getting up to have a snack or ask to be let outside for a potty break.

The change after beginning the vet supplement was mild but good, so I asked them if it would be okay to add this product (Canine Plus Senior) to his daily treats; they said it couldn't hurt. He seemed to get even better, even faster! It's almost like, he was crying before because his belly hurt but he didn't know why - now he seems to know when he's hungry or has to go potty, and gets up to do something about it. He seems to have a little bit of an easier time getting around, too, so I think this is helping with his arthritis (just a little bit, but still). The two supplements seem to be working well together, but the Canine Plus Senior seems to be the more helpful one for Dennis. If we skip a day, he seems to get very fussy and confused again within the next 12-24 hours.

It's not a miracle cure, don't get me wrong. He's still a half-deaf, mostly blind, arthritic 16-yr-old dog. This really seems to have made him more comfortable and energetic though, and a lot less confused, so I am very happy we discovered it! He likes the taste too, so we don't even have to wrap it in lunchmeat (unlike the ones from the vet). I'll definitely be buying more when we run low!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20