Profile for J. Peplinski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 236

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Peplinski RSS Feed (Michigan)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LEGO City Great Vehicles 60057 Camper Van
LEGO City Great Vehicles 60057 Camper Van
Price: $16.97
115 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Way cool!!!!, January 8, 2015
I don't have kids, so I haven't quite understood why Legos are so hot right now. But this resembles our beloved Class C RV and was under $20 so I had to have it.

WOW SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Why is this one so cheap while other Lego vehicles are like $50-150? It's small, but not tiny. It's super cute, with all the fun little details inside. I had a total blast putting this together!

I imagine if you are familiar with Legos, the instruction books are all fairly similar. There are two books for this one, with the Legos separated into two groups, to match each instruction book. There are not many words, lots of pictures, but everything is clear. Reminded me a lot of Ikea, but with smaller pieces and no allen wrench!

Well I'm addicted to Legos now. If only I could find more really cute kits that were just as appealing as this little camper!

20 Spools White & Black Embroidery Machine Thread
20 Spools White & Black Embroidery Machine Thread
Offered by Thread N Stitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality thread!, January 8, 2015
I go through black embroidery machine thread like crazy, so I'm always looking for a bargain - unfortunately, some of the bargains I've found online did not result in great quality in person. This thread is so nice!!! Really nice thickness, softness, stitches out evenly, feels good on the final design, I absolutely love it!!!

The white is nice quality too, of course - pretty much the same as the black. I don't go through that quite as quickly, but this was a great deal and I'll definitely use it. I don't want to forget this brand! I love it

For reference, I use a Brother Quattro 3 for embroidery. It's a GREAT machine but still occasionally gets tangled on the cheap thread. This thread glides through like a dream!

Idealist 24oz Fruit Infuser Tumbler with Straw, Pink
Idealist 24oz Fruit Infuser Tumbler with Straw, Pink
Offered by Honest Steal

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, pointless "strainer" for fruit, January 8, 2015
I like to have a large water vessel nearby throughout the day, and on my nightstand while I sleep, because I like to drink water all the time. After I dropped my last cup and broke it, I thought this sounded like a fun option for adding a bit of flavor to my water. I don't really like the sports-bottle style, and I need a cover & straw because otherwise my cat will stick her head in there!

The strainer/divider doesn't seem to sit firmly in the container, and the holes are pretty big, so you kind of have to just keep large chunks or sections of fruit on one side because any pulp will just float through. That being the case, your fruit will have to sit in there for quite a while before it actually flavors the water at all. To get any real flavor, you'll have to squeeze your fruit a bit which means you'll have pulp floating around. That's not a big problem for me, but then - what's the point of the divider?

The bigger problem is that the cap is not a screw-on, instead it smushed on with a thin rubbery seal around the top. I never felt it was sealed especially well as it seemed to drift up a millimeter or two every time I closed it. After only about 3 weeks of use (refilling about 3-6 times per day), the rubber seal fell right off into the glass! I tried to put it back on, but it never sealed tightly again. The lid just sat loosely in the container with no tightness at all. I tried using it that way for a few days, until it tipped over and fell off the treadmill, spilling 24 oz of water all over the floor.

This is not well made. Save your money.

Natural Balance Training Tips Lamb Vegetable Dog Treats ( 6-Ounce Bag)
Natural Balance Training Tips Lamb Vegetable Dog Treats ( 6-Ounce Bag)
Price: $4.49
15 used & new from $4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't know why, but my dogs hate them., January 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Though apparently my dogs are giving this treat 0 stars, I'll give it 3 because they are pretty finicky. I'm not willing to taste them myself in order to give a really well-rounded review; I love you Amazon, but even I have limits.

These seem nice and healthy, they're soft, they're a good size for breaking up if you have one small dog and one smaller dog (such as a Pekingese & a Tibetan Spaniel) - it seems to have all the bases covered. I thought they would love it! But they won't touch it. All the Pekes I've ever known have been picky about their treats, and my current little girl is no different...however my Tibetan will usually eat anything (including fuzz, plastic, and small pieces of yarn). When I passed these out, the Tibetan happily took one, chewed for a moment, then spit it out in her dog bed. The Peke wouldn't even take it, not even the small bite I broke off for her. Sniffed it four or five times, then walked away. If she'd had a "REJECT" stamp, the scene would have been complete.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with these treats, in fact they seem quite healthy and well-made. Maybe my dogs just don't like lamb? They are more into chicken, as a rule, but I haven't seen them reject anything so firmly in a long time. If your dog likes lamb, maybe this could be a big hit in your house. Or not. Maybe they're more like health food for people; good for you, smells bad, tastes terrible. Pass the bacon.

Dorman Hardware 4-9845 Peggable Wire Basket Set, 3-Pack
Dorman Hardware 4-9845 Peggable Wire Basket Set, 3-Pack
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, durable, long lasting - Smallest basket probably too small, January 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The one thing that would make this set perfect would be to include a small plastic tub to be used as a liner for the smallest basket. It is very small, as you can see from the stated dimensions and there are very few things you can fit in there that won't fall out. Any handy person should be able to improvise and find something that would fit. These fit very tightly into my pegboard and don't move around when grabbing things out of the baskets. They are good quality, sturdy, and vinyl coated for protection and durability long term.

Pro tip: Put them at the bottom of your pegboard, so the baskets fall under the base of the board. They take up less pegboard space that way.
(One weird thing about the shipping from Amazon - they used a slightly smaller box than needed so parts of the largest wire basket had broken the box and were poking out when it arrived. This has nothing to do with the product itself and does not impact my star rating, just something to be aware of).

iDevices Kitchen Thermometer
iDevices Kitchen Thermometer
Offered by Sur La Table, Inc.
Price: $79.95
8 used & new from $55.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, despite the limited bluetooth range, January 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The iDevices Kitchen Thermometer does exactly what it says, with the only drawback being the limited connectivity range between the base and your device. I tested it with the probe that plugs into my convection oven and the iDevices thermometer was consistently only about 5-10 degrees higher, which was probably due to the probe not being in exactly the same location. The base is magnetic, and there is a provided metal plate with an adhesive backing. This would allow you to have it be magnetized anywhere. However, I just keep the base stuck to the fridge when not in use. I also like the probe wire wraps and the fact that the two snap together, which makes it easy to store when not in use. The description on amazon indicates it is compatible with Android. However, the box does not specifically indicate Android compatibility and only includes the icon for the Apple App Store and not Google Play Store. I can confirm, there is a compatible app for Android devices. As said before, it would be nicer if the range were a little larger, but I can still comfortably sit in the adjoining living room and monitor the temps from the couch instead of getting up, which is nice for low/slow roasts. Also, if it does disconnect, it quickly reconnected once in range.

PROs:
-Accurate Dual Probes
-Magnetic Base - can stick to fridge when not in use
-Probe wire wraps keeps them tidy when not in use - They two wraps click together for easy storage
-App available for Apple and Android
-Large, bright temp display at the base

CON:
-Limited bluetooth range (but quick to reconnect once in range)
-App could stand a UI redesign. Text is unnecessarily small

InStyler Tulip Auto Curler
InStyler Tulip Auto Curler
Price: $99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very effective on chin-length hair., December 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think my hair might be too short (approx chin-length) to work properly with this gadget, although after reading the other reviews I suspect that might be why I didn't get tangled or stuck in it! It was a real challenge to get it into the right position to actually pull any of my hair into it, and once it did, it kind of sat around the barrel very loosely. The instructions say that it will beep 3 times when your curl is ready to release, and I never did get it to beep after spending a good 20 minutes curling my whole head - even having timed it for more than 30 seconds on some sections of hair.

That said, the curls I was able to get were loose, smooth, and quite pretty. I think it might look nicer (and be a little more user-friendly) if my hair were just a few inches longer, so I'll try it again when I grow it out and update my review if necessary. Based on the other reviews, it doesn't sound like you'd want to use it on super-long hair either because it seems to get stuck inside the barrel mechanism. Maybe medium-length hair is the best for this type of curler.

It's very bulky and heavy, and takes up a ton of space in the hair-gadget shelf of the closet. It's also hard to align your hair sections correctly into the small hole where it needs to be for proper winding, especially toward the back of your head, using the mirror image. It doesn't work unless you use fairly small sections of hair, even for wide/loose curls, so it takes quite a lot longer than a regular curling iron. I do like the general look of the curls, but it's such a hassle that this would only be a "special occasion" hairstyle for me.

Cesar Home Delights Beef Stew Flavor Wet Food Tray for Small Dogs, 3.5-Ounce, 24-Pack
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My little dogs LOVE it!, December 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have two small 3-yr-old dogs, one Pekingese and one Tibetan Spaniel, and they both LOVE THIS!!! Usually I feed them a bit of Mighty Dog mixed with Pedigree "Small Dog" kibble, and they either finish it or not, depending on how hungry they are. After their first meal of Cesar (still mixed with the Pedigree) they now go NUTS at dinnertime every night! They squeal and dance while I'm preparing their bowls, and they finish every last bite. I don't know if we'll ever be able to go back to Mighty Dog now, they love this too much!

I think we got the Chicken Stew flavor, rather than the Beef Stew in the photo. My dogs are around 15 lbs each, and they each get approximately half a container of Cesar per day mixed with about 1/2 cup of dry kibble. It looks almost like people food and is very easy to mix with kibble. They particularly like it if every last kibble has a bit of Cesar flavoring on it! I suppose one drawback might be that the containers don't fit with the standard can covers, but the containers are small so it's really not necessary (there aren't many leftovers). The lightweight containers will be easy to transport when we take the dogs camping with us, or when we have to leave them at a kennel. I think we may be long-term converts to this dog food!

T.S. Shure Wooden Magnetic World Map Puzzle
T.S. Shure Wooden Magnetic World Map Puzzle
Price: $49.07
4 used & new from $33.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool/toy to start an interest in geography, December 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This magnetic world map puzzle is a great tool to get your kids interested in geography in a fun way. In a globalized society, having knowledge of world geography is essential. The level of detail to this map is appropriate for the targeted age level. The pieces do not neatly align with borders and multiple small countries may be grouped together. This is understandable based on the target age (what 5 year old would not lose Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Vatican City, etc). What is also great about this map is the artwork. There are graphics to show certain points of interest, which can start other conversations with your kids. For instance, Russia shows a train across the country to represent the Trans-Siberian Railway. You also see the Pyramids of Egypt, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, among other landmarks.

I would have preferred slightly stronger magnets to hold the pieces in place better, but the overall weight is relatively light, considering the material. (Stronger magnets = more weight/price) I would have also preferred some more accurate borders. However, that would have prevented some of the nice artwork from being as visible as possible. This is priced correctly considering the size and scope. I have seen handmade wooden map puzzles go for over $100, just for a single continent (with country specific pieces - designed for older kids/adults). You might think the price is kind of high for a simple puzzle. However, if you think of it as a tool to start a lifelong interest in geography and consider its material, it is really right in line.

Belkin Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad 4th Gen, iPad mini, and iPod touch 7th Gen, 4 Feet (Blue)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable. No problems here., December 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There sure are a mixture of reviews on this product. I have been using it for over two weeks now with absolutely zero problems. There definitely seems to be something going on with customers receiving knock off versions instead of the actual Belkin Mixit. The cable is slightly longer than the stock Lightning to USB cable that comes with your iProduct. It seems to charge at the exact same rate as stock.

As far as the negative reviews go, I think the review from Mr Birge is probably accurate. Be sure you order this from a reputable seller and you will likely get the non-knockoff version and it will probably work without issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20