Profile for J. Peplinski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 273

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Peplinski RSS Feed (Michigan)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mighty Paw Hands Free Dog Leash, Premium Running Dog Leash, Lightweight Reflective Bungee Dog Leash
Offered by Mighty Paw
Price: $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for LARGE, very strong dogs only, August 4, 2015
SUPER tight and sturdy - I think it is a fine product, IF you have a very large, strong dog to run with. I have small dogs, but one of them (a Tibetan Spaniel) pulls on the leash all the time so I thought this might be a good way to walk her. The bungee is so tight that she can't stretch it at all, and because of that she's always running right next to my foot - this is a recipe for big time tripping over each other and face-planting the sidewalk.

Bottom line is, might be great for your big strong Rottweiler, Pit Bull, etc, but this is not going to work for small dogs. It does say that it works best for dogs over 30 lbs, but I'd increase that to probably 50 lbs.

FootMatters Arch Cushions Spandex Gel Comfort
FootMatters Arch Cushions Spandex Gel Comfort
Offered by FootMatters
Price: $14.97

1.0 out of 5 stars No support whatsoever., August 4, 2015
Very disappointing. The elastic is not tight enough to even feel it on my foot, and the pad is thin and weak. I liked the old Strutz "As Seen on TV" pads as they were VERY thick and really hugged my arches, but they're getting hard to find. This FootMatters cushion is NOT a good alternative. If you need very light support for inside a shoe, it might be somewhat useful, but if you have painful plantar fasciitis, this won't do anything. I have sport-fit athletic socks that offer more support than this product.

I don't know if this was a fluke, but they came packaged in a thin plastic bag (like a sandwich bag) with no labeling. Was it a return? Or do they all come this way? It looked a little sketchy, but I wouldn't have minded if they worked. The fact that they have no support and were packaged so strangely makes me wonder if this was some kind of switcheroo. Skip it.

Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food, Original Turkey & Chicken Recipe, 26-Pound Bag
Price: $54.99
19 used & new from $36.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 out of 3 dogs agree: delicious!, August 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have toy dogs (a Pekingese, Pomeranian, and a Tibetan Spaniel), and these kibbles are just a tad too big for them on some days. I try to mix it with some wet food with lots of gravy to soften them up a bit. I don't know if it's the size or the flavor, but two of them (the Peke & the Tibbie) can really take it or leave it - some days they will cheerfully eat their dinner, other days they sniff at it and then look at me like "Can I have something else?" Ironically, the Pomeranian is the only one who truly loves it, and she only has 5 teeth so I didn't think she'd be able to chew the large kibbles at all!

It does seem to be very healthy for them, though they don't have any particular allergies or conditions so they don't really NEED a specialty food. I haven't noticed any adverse effects; their digestion works great on this food (when they decide to eat it, of course). I probably won't buy again because they just don't seem to like it very much so I'm always scraping sticky old kibble out of their bowls the next morning. They all LOVE AvoDerm (toy dog formula, chicken flavor) so I'll switch back when this bag is gone. They like this CORE food well enough so I don't have to donate it to charity, but not enough to buy again.

Doesn't mean that it's not a good quality food, just a matter of taste. Though if you have tiny dogs, you may want to consider the kibble size.

Cosmos ® 1 Inch Wide 10 Yards Black Nylon Heavy Webbing Strap with Cosmos Fastening Strap
Offered by BlueMart
Price: $7.45
13 used & new from $7.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, HOWEVER, July 26, 2015
Good quality, strong yet smooth & comfortable to the touch and easy to sew through. However, what I received was not a full 10 yard roll - somewhere about 5-1/2 yards in, it was completely cut. It was rolled up as though it were a continuous roll, so you can't tell until you unroll it to the point where it is cut. If you're lucky, it will hopefully be cut near where you would need to cut it anyway for your project, but if not there would be a lot of waste! The material is just perfect for my needs so otherwise this would get 5 stars, but I think advertising a 10 yard roll and sending 2 (so far) pieces of random length is pretty shady.

KitchenAid KKFTR9SPWM Professional Series Diamond Sharpener, Ebony Black
KitchenAid KKFTR9SPWM Professional Series Diamond Sharpener, Ebony Black
Price: $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring old knives back to life - Makes a nice gift, July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This KitchenAid knife sharpener is both functional and elegantly designed, constructed and presented. The sharpener did a fantastic job of taking some old, cheap steak knives and bringing new life to them, making them super sharp again. Though it is shaped like one, this is NOT like our honing steel. This really does seem to purely sharpen our knives and can be used only once or twice a year, using the honing steel in between. You control the angle of the knife against the sharpener, which can be a downside if you are looking for a simple sharpener where you run your knife through it and it sharpens both sides. The design and heft makes it feel high quality, along with the presentation box, which it sturdy and well constructed.

Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop Starter Kit
Swiffer Sweeper Floor Mop Starter Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wet mop, not-so-excellent dry mop, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is kind of a combo review, because the set comes with both wet and dry cloths to attach to the mop. I'd rather give it 3-1/2 stars (unfortunately not possible) because while I'd give the wet mop a solid 5 stars, I can only give the dry cloth 2 stars. But in general the convenience of the whole setup pushes it up that extra 1/2 star, so 4 stars.

WET: this part is great!! It couldn't be easier to assemble, just open the package, wrap it around the mop head, and push the cloth into the little bitey slots on the top. It doesn't even take much cloth to grab it securely so it's very quick. It can absorb a ton of dirt cleanly without smearing it around the floor, leaves the floor all nice and shiny, and has a very pleasant clean scent that lasts for hours. You can flip the mop head on its side and really scrub the problem areas without expelling any extra water/cleaning-fluid onto the floor, and you don't even have to bend over. It got a very thorough test in my house when my dog had an unfortunate digestive mishap that wound up getting tracked all over the laminate kitchen floor and the tile foyer. Not only did the mop easily scrub all the affected flooring, but even picked up most of the really ground-in dirt in the foyer area. The extra scrubbing area on the side of the mop head was perfect for getting the really gross stuff in the grout between the tiles. And when done, just throw it out! So much easier than a regular mop!

DRY: Not bad for light dusting, but my house has a lot of pet hair all over the place & the dry side can't handle it. I tried to use it to sweep up the pet hair on my wood stairs, and it really only could handle 3-4 steps before the dry-mop pad was completely full and just pushing hair around. Currently we have a kitten with his own small litterbox in the bathroom, and he is kicking litter all over the place. Unfortunately, the Swiffer dry mop barely picked up any of it. It got just a little bit, but mostly just pushed it around & had to be swept into a dustpan. I guess it might be okay for households that just have a bit of dust bunnies floating around the floor, but it is not very useful for any major pet hair which is what I would need it for.

The mop itself is super easy to assemble (and disassemble, if you don't have space for a long mop) and the dry mop pads come folded in half for easy storage. The wet mop pads are individually wrapped so they stay nice & fresh, it's extra packaging but it keeps them from drying out. I can't imagine what I would use the dry pads for since they don't pick up the primary source of mess in my house, but I will definitely buy the wet mop pads again! They're great for nasty messes (like my dog made) and they also add a lovely finishing touch (& smell!) after a thorough sweeping - it might even convince my guests that I'm actually a decent housekeeper!

Viva Sol Premium Hook and Ring Game
Viva Sol Premium Hook and Ring Game
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun summer party game, with attractive board, July 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I first played this game at a beachfront bar in St. Pete Beach. It is a fun, simple, and addictive game of skill (and sometimes luck). With the board attached to a wall and the hook installed, you pull back the ring & string, (which is hanging somewhere along the ceiling) let go, trying to get the ring to grab the hook. This version includes a nicely finished circular board for screwing in your hook. It is very aesthetically pleasing, with two toned stain reminiscent of an old surfboard. However, if you just want to play the game and don't care about the aesthetics, you can get all these materials from a hardware store for probably $5-$10.

It is not difficult to install, but you have to have somewhere to hang the string from above. I agree with another reviewer that the instructions could have been more clear about optimum distance to hang from the board. This would be a great addition to any backyard or basement for a fun little party game.

Hoover Commercial CH53010 TaskVac Bagless Lightweight Upright Vacuum, 13-Inch
Hoover Commercial CH53010 TaskVac Bagless Lightweight Upright Vacuum, 13-Inch
Price: $181.26
7 used & new from $154.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent vacuum - best suited for carpeted floors., June 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Hoover TaskVac Bagless vacuum is a very powerful, well-constructed piece of machinery. However, It will be best suited for carpeted areas and not so much for hard floors. There is no option to turn off the brushroll. For bare floors, it suggests to put the height at the lowest level. However, even when doing this, I found the unit was spewing out pieces of dirt out the back, spreading it out instead of sucking it up. That is really my only complaint.

It is very similar in construction and power to our Dyson Animal DC65 at half the cost. The volume is loud, but I found it was about the same as the Dyson. The canister is simple to remove and empty and the unit has a system to notify you when the filter should be replaced. It is also lightweight - I was expecting a much more substantial weight, especially being a commercial grade vacuum. There is a trade-off for this light weight, which is the fact it is mostly plastic parts and has a cheaper kind of feel to it. That probably also contributes to the fact it only has a 1 yr commercial warranty instead of the 2 yr warranty. If you are using this for a commercial application, you can probably expect to go through some belts. They have designed it to easily see and replace those belts.

Overall, this is very good vacuum with lots of power and is well suited for many commercial applications. However, if most of your flooring is bare floors, you will probably want to look for something different.

Brother Printer MFCJ6925DW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Brother Printer MFCJ6925DW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Offered by PCNation
Price: Click here to see our price
32 used & new from $309.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good printer; Higher upfront cost, but lots of features and lower printing cost., June 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Brother printer is a great solution for a small or home based business, with moderate printing needs, requiring some color printing. It falls somewhere between most of the consumer models and professional office printers. It is a rather large printer, rivaling the size of some office laser jet printers. It has some really nifty extra features that may come in handy depending on your business. For instance, the paper tray handles legal sizes without a problem - no more auto feeding paper into a special back tray manually! As other reviewers noted, loading the paper was a little harder at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is no problem. Just pay attention to the marks in the tray that tell you where to place the holders.

It functions okay as a scanner, but mainly to scan documents, not photos. (All multi-function printers designed for business are better for this than photos). I had no trouble connecting the printer to my home wifi and setting up network printing. It was no trouble setting up Apple AirPrint or Google Cloud printing. You can truly use this wirelessly (except the power cord). If you do want to use USB, one interesting feature is the plug location is under the scanner bed. This is also where the phone jack is for the fax. All those connections are within the printer. However, where most printers have you load ink under the scanner bed, this one has a front facing slide out ink tray. I prefered this to having it under the scanner bed. It comes with the standard magenta, yellow, cyan smaller cartridges and a high capacity black cartridge. This model boasts high ink yields for "super low printing costs." I will have to do more printing to see if it holds up to the claims. However, if it does last longer, this is where you could really see a bang for your buck if you do a lot of printing. Especially considering this is priced a good amount higher than similar printers with many of the same features. That extra money up front will pay off if you see you are constantly replacing your ink cartridges.

I also like the fact that you can save up to 18 different print settings as presets. So, with a touch on the touchscreen, you can switch from one setup to another easily and not have to remember to switch all the different settings. Speaking of the touchscreen, it has both a capacitive sensing keypad on the right and a touchscreen, both of which are responsive and easy to use. You can even swipe the touchscreen to move between screens, as if you are swiping your tablet or phone.

There is also an interesting feature that allows you to connect your printer to a variety of web services-Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox, MS OneDrive - you can upload content from the printer (think scans) as well as download and print from files already on those services. You get a preview of photos, but stuff like PDF & Word docs, you really need to know the file name. So technically, once connected, you could print from these services directly through the printer even without another device.

PROS: Lots of ways to connect. - Apple AirPrint; Google Cloud Print; Wifi; good old USB
Web connect service - connect directly to accounts like Facebook, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox to print or upload.
Auto-duplex & auto document feeder
Paper tray to accommodate legal size paper
18 separate savable presets
High capacity black cartridge with high yield for lower $ per print

CONS: Somewhat bulky
Very tiny rubber feet make it slightly unstable (especially considering its size)
Priced higher than other similar MFPs with many of the same features.

Frontier Catnip Herb Cut & Sifted Certified Organic, 16 ounce bag
Frontier Catnip Herb Cut & Sifted Certified Organic, 16 ounce bag
Price: $20.22
8 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the blue-meth of the cat world., June 9, 2015
I don't know what it is about this catnip, but cats find it incredibly irresistible. I make little fabric toys to donate to various local cat rescues (they sell them to fund their programs & vet bills), and I thought the buyers might appreciate that it was organic and grown in the USA. As soon as I opened the bag to start filling the fabric toys, my cats were unstoppable. They would not leave me alone! I gave them some toys of their own, even sprinkled some catnip on their cat tree, but they still could not be trusted with the bag; I couldn't leave the room for 5 seconds without finding them all over it.

And it's not just my personal cats. My friends who do rescue all have their own cats, and report having to triple-bag the catnip toys and store them in the freezer to keep the cats away. They always buy a few toys for their own kitties, but they have to keep some aside to sell at the fundraisers! After a recent fundraiser, many people who purchased the toys posted videos of their cats going absolutely BONKERS for this catnip. So cute!

It is long-lasting as well. My cats generally lose interest in a new catnip toy after about a week, but I leave them laying around. I've seen them suddenly decide to start rolling around on a toy and going nuts for it as much as 3 months later! Even though it's been sitting out the whole time!

FYI: this bag contains a LOT of catnip. It's really really huge, and you'll need to have several pretty epic projects to use it all up. In between projects at my house, it has to be closed with a tight clip, then enclosed in another bag, then hidden at the back of an inaccessible closet. This actually does keep my cats away from it, and it stays nice and fresh for a very long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20