Profile for R. Churchill > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Churchill RSS Feed (somewherein, FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dreambaby Extra Tall Swing Closed Safety Gate, White
Dreambaby Extra Tall Swing Closed Safety Gate, White
Price: $54.98
8 used & new from $44.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware 6 yr old Kids cannot open! But VERY Sturdy! Sending back., March 2, 2013
We were thrilled with this tension mounted gate. It's very sturdy. We ordered two and mounted one with a 7" extension at the bottom of the stairs and for the door way at the top, we mounted the second one (no extension needed) at the top of the stairs. It fit perfectely inside the door trim area and created a barrier that ensured no one could push the gate down from the top of the stairs. It's VERY sturdy and secure. We were thrilled....but only until our six year old daughter came up the stairs and no matter how she tried she could not open the gate!

What I did not see listed ANYWHERE not even in all the reviews is that this gate is not really a one hand open gate. Not unless your my 200lb husband with extra strong hands! I have to use two hands to open the gate, rendering the gate completely useless for me. I can't open it while holding my 9 mo old!

This is the biggest CON ever! You have to slide the button WHILE lifting the gate! There is no way to open the gate without lifting it. We estimated you're lifting at least 12-15lbs one handed. It's tall enough and I'm short enough (5 2") that there is no way I can do this one handed. If it was a shorter gate, or I was taller, I could technically lift it with one hand, and quite a strain on my shoulder. But as it stands now there is not possible way for me to open it one handed, and given that there is no way my 6 & 4 yr old daughter's can open it, it has to go back.

Other than the "little" problem of not being able to open it, it's a great gate. lol We are dissapointed to have to send it back.

In the future it would be helpful if more parents reviewed this item and LESS pet owners!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 10:38 AM PDT

aden + anais Cozy Muslin Sleeping Bag, Star Bright, Medium
aden + anais Cozy Muslin Sleeping Bag, Star Bright, Medium
Offered by Maison Drake
Price: $43.99
5 used & new from $43.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it...But it runs HUGE in size!! Order a size smaller!, October 22, 2012
First of all let me say even the small is not for a newborn. This is for when your baby has transitioned from being swaddled to a blanket covering.
And the aden and anais swaddle blankets were worth the extra cost in my opinion. They are super soft, get softer with washing and were great for many things not just swaddling. I live in south florida, my son was born in summer so they were perfect! (3rd time mom).

I originally ordered a size medium cozy, my son is just 5 months old. He weighs 16 1/2 lbs and is 25 inches long, he is wearing 3-6 but is going into 6 mo clothes or 9mo if your child wears Ralph Lauren. The sleep bag was HUGE on him. It was way too wide at the shoulders, too long, I mean at least 10". It also flairs out and is much wider at the bottom than it appeared to me in the pictures, for a baby used to being swaddled this might be an issue.

If you want to avoid buying smaller and risking your child outgrowing it, a medium might work, but it was ridiculously huge on my son, the neckline was open to the middle of lower edge of his chest. I reordered a small. I suspect my son won't need a medium for another 2-3 months at least. However my babies tend to run small....that's why I included his measurements for you to reference.

If I remember I'll leave an update for the size small.

Snuza Portable Baby Movement Monitor
Snuza Portable Baby Movement Monitor
Offered by homeSmart
Price: $79.99
14 used & new from $63.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love! Love the peace of mind!!, August 29, 2012
We had a little incident at 6 weeks with out son, he had some trouble breathing, one night and it lasted for about 3 days anytime we laid him down, particularly on his back. As per the physician I laid him semi upright on a pillow right by my head at night, and proceeded not to be able to sleep for 3 nights straining to hear his quite breathing.

A friend of our loaned us her under the matress angelcare monitor. It was okay, but I was so nervous when he slept in his crib (the angelcare is in the bassinet) or fell asleep on the couch or in his swing, or when we were out....so I started looking into other options and ended up purchasing the Snuza.

I chose the Snuza Go over the Hero because if my baby is having trouble I want to know!! I do not like that it might be "rousing" my baby and I don't know it. So I intentionally purchased the Go.

Finances are tight but I would gladly spend 2x this much to keep our son safe!

So far we've had no false alarms, after I got the hang of putting it on correctly, one of the first times we used it, i put it on in dim light & didn't position it correctly. I'm very very pleased with this product. My 13 week old baby seemed not to ever notice it's presence!

One thing to note is that, it does have a very tiny red/green light flash indicator on it to see if the breath signal is weak or poor. I can see it though most of his clothing. This might be a problem for some & a reassurance for others. It's a very tiny light and doesn't disturb the baby or us ever. But just something to note.

The only con for me is that if baby is sleeping its hard to turn it on without waking the baby because it gives three louder beeps to indicate its turning on, but they are louder than need be, irritatingly so. I have to bury it under a pillow or other fabric or leave the room to turn it on to keep from waking my son.

Still a very good product that I would recommend. He really scared us for a while & this definitely makes for a reassuring peace of mind!! Wish I'd had this for my first two, but they are both healthy toddlers now!

Aden by aden + anais Muslin Burpy Bib, Oh Boy!
Aden by aden + anais Muslin Burpy Bib, Oh Boy!
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, August 29, 2012
My son is 13 weeks old, he's not an excessive spit up baby, but he does have small to medium frequently. I purchased these specifically for when we go places, and have found they work very well! They are quite large and after nursing my baby I placed this on him, when he spit up a little it immediately soaked into the muslin (as opposed to rolling right off and onto me!) which I, of course, loved! I removed it promptely and as a result it did not soak through onto him either. I would definitely recommend these bibs! I love how they wrap around so that when my baby is on my shoulder and turns his head, he and I am both still protected!!

I don't know how well these would work for a baby that is drooling a lot though, given that they are muslin, it soaks up quickly but it would soak through very quickly I would imagine! I always remove the bib immediately if he spits up on it, so it's never had the chance to soak through to him.

miYim Plush Stroller Toy, Calvin the Caterpillar
miYim Plush Stroller Toy, Calvin the Caterpillar

5.0 out of 5 stars Okay toy for 3 month old...better for maybe a 6 months old, August 29, 2012
We purchased this toy a week ago after purchasing the sister product "Horton" and "The Cat In the Hat" Our son adores both of these toys immediately! He can now easily grab them and bring it to his mouth.

However, the caterpillar is nice, but lacks the features that I love about the other MiYam toys. The way the legs are designed are absolutely perfect for tiny hands to get a hold of, and the perfect height to grab when hanging from a carseat, stroller or swing handle. But the caterpillar legs are too short and the body too fat for my baby to get a hold of. I love the fact that it's soft muted colors. I don't like my baby getting over stimulated (and cranky as a result) so, so far, we've only given him soft muted colors, and he does very well with them!

This toy also has a louder bell type rattle inside. It's actually a very pleasant sound, not annoying at all like some of the other toys we've refused to buy for that reason!

I would recommend this for a baby that has a little bigger hands, so maybe a six month old. I would recommend the miYim organic bug toy or the musical owl stroller toy for a baby under 3 months over this caterpiller.

miYim Plush Stroller Toy, Grey, Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat
miYim Plush Stroller Toy, Grey, Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat
Price: $15.22
8 used & new from $7.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Love! 11 week old Baby Loves!, August 29, 2012
We purchased this toy a week ago after purchasing the sister product "Horton" the elephant for our carseat. He adores both of these toys immediately! He can now easily grab it and bring it to his mouth. The way the legs are designed are absolutely perfect for tiny hands to get a hold of, and the perfect height to grab when hanging from a carseat, stroller or swing handle. I love the fact that it's soft muted colors. I don't like my baby getting over stimulated (and cranky as a result) so, so far, we've only given him soft muted colors, and he does very well with them! This is a perfect toy for this age, We are very happy and would definitely recommend it. BTW...my 3 1/2 year old also adores this toy and tries to "sneak" it away to play with it too, she loves all the miYim toys we've boughten the baby so far. LOL

miYim Plush Stroller Toy,Dr. Seuss Horton
miYim Plush Stroller Toy,Dr. Seuss Horton
Price: $10.44
14 used & new from $8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Love! 11 week old Baby Loves!, August 29, 2012
We purchased this toy 2 weeks ago and placed it on our baby's Britax carseat. He adored it immediately! And it only took him 1 week of intent & excited staring at it, before he figured out how to reach out and grab it! :) Another week has gone by and he can now easily bring it to his mouth. The way the legs are designed are absolutely perfect for tiny hands to get a hold of, and the perfect height to grab when hanging from the britax handle. I love the fact that it's soft muted colors of blue(kind of a bluish grey) and yellow color. I don't like my baby getting over stimulated (and cranky as a result) so, so far, we've only given him soft muted colors, and he does very well with them! This is a perfect toy for this age, We are very happy and would definitely recommend it. BTW...my 3 1/2 year old also adores this toy and tries to "sneak" it away to play with it too. LOL

Manhattan Toy Color Burst Winkel in a Box
Manhattan Toy Color Burst Winkel in a Box
Price: $14.49
11 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect toy for 3 month old just learning to gasp!!!, August 29, 2012
I just received this item from amazon 3 days ago. I have a 13 week old, and he LOVES this toy! He is just starting to "bat" at toys and gasp a toy on his carseat for the first time last week. This toy is so well designed for a tiny baby! The little pieces are absolutely perfect for such tiny hands! My son has no problem grabbing and holding on, he adores it and gets super frustrated when it falls out of his reach! He is able to easily manipulate it up to his mouth and chew on it. It seems like he really likes the bright colors. So far we have only given him organic toys with muted, soft, soothing colors, even in toys as I work very hard to keep him from getting over-stimulated. I only let him play with it a few minutes at a time, as soon as he starts getting frustrated it goes back in the toy basket! I know as he grows and becomes more competent with his hands he will continue to really enjoy how easily he can grasp this. I have 2 older daughters and wish we had, had this toy for them!

Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Butter, 4 oz, say NO to stretch marks!
Mama Mio Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Butter, 4 oz, say NO to stretch marks!
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $35.00
10 used & new from $29.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!! Worth the Money!!, May 19, 2012
I used palmer's Organic (higher concentation of cocoa butter) cocoa butter for stretch marks with each of my pregnancies from the moment I found out I was pregnant until the day each were born. I did not develop any stretch marks, however, I still experienced a good deal of itchiness, particularly in the 3rd trimester.

So, for this pregnancy I traded up to the Tummy Rub and I'm SOOOO glad I did!! As long as I apply it daily I have not had any itchiness on my bellie!! It's heavier and creamier than Palmers and rubs on like a lux lotion! The smell is light and pleasant which was a concern for me because I can get migraines from smells and am extra sensitive to it when I'm pregnant.

Presently I'm 37 weeks, my bellie measures 35" around (I was petite to begin with) with no signs of stretch marks at all...I'll try and remember to update this after baby is born.

I definitely recommend this product!! It's more than worth the price tag, and I tend to be on the thrifty side!

Britax B-Ready Stroller, Black
Britax B-Ready Stroller, Black
2 used & new from $499.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!! Totally worth the Money!! Previously owned 5 strollers!, March 26, 2012
We have owned multiple double strollers, I am quite small 5" 2' and normally weigh 95lbs but very in shape and strong for my size. I can hardly push most double strollers by the time both kids and any gear are loaded. We went through 5 different strollers, some of which I loved in singles mode but hated in doubles mode.

I have a 5 yr old, 3 yr old and baby on the way. We order the whole system, B-ready Stroller, Chaperone carseat and second seat. First of all when loaded down I can EASILY push this stoller without much effort, my 5 yr old is on the small size 42" tall and weighs 37 lbs. My 3 yr old is the same size. But I can easily push this stroller on exercise walks and at the mall. It's smaller size allows me to navigate the mall with none of the size issues that the other stollers presented.

Pros:

1. I can push the stoller loaded down without getting exhausted in 5 minutes!!!
2. SUPER easy to clip on and off the chaperone carseat! (read the manual first and it's a cinch!!)
3. Super easy to clip on and off the front and lower rear seats!
4. Steers like a dream with 74+ lbs worth of kids and gear loaded.
5. Very easy to fold and load into my SUV at 7+ mo pregnant! I can only imagine how easy it will be when I'm not pregnant.
6. Very easy to fold up with BOTH seats attached, you just need to practise at home first a couple times! It's a FANTASTIC feature, NONE of my other 5 strollers had!!
7. Not at ALL tippy!! Not even when my toddlers climb in or out without us near!
7. LOVE being able to put the baby seat on the lower rear attachement and use the front seat for my toddlers!
8. As far as small tires go, I haven't had any trouble with "pulling" or "pushing" the stroller over ledges, I suppose if it's big enough ledge, but then all my previously owned strollers were the exact same way...I never owned a "jogger" so not sure about those. My husband easily navigated pushing thru grassy areas, and consequently fell in love despite the price after that experience, so I'm assuming it made his job super easy!!" LOL

There are a LOT of things I absolutely love about this stroller I'm sure I can't remember them all! But definitely worth every penny!!! I would say if you're expecting baby #1 definitely go with this stroller b/c you can add seats as future babies arrive!

Cons:

1. The only one I can think of is that the accessories come ala carte so it can get pretty expensive!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3