Profile for Emile Baizel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Emile Baizel "Emile Baizel" RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA USA)

New Balance Men's MT110 Trail Running Shoe, Black/Orange, 10 D US
New Balance Men's MT110 Trail Running Shoe, Black/Orange, 10 D US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trail shoes, August 15, 2012
I had a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GSR (non-minimal) and decided it was time to try out minimal trail shoes after having repeated pain during long runs. Knees and hips. I had worn minimals before as an everyday shoe to work for several months, so I felt comfortable taking these out for a long run as soon as I got them. First few runs were 11, 28 and 20 miles. I love these shoes! They're LIGHT, they GRIP well and most importantly they are FUN. Downhills switchbacks make me feel like a little kid again, bouncing from tree root to tree root and dodging rocks. The knee and hip pains I had before aren't completely gone but now they don't surface until I'm well into my run (4+ hours) and even then at only about 25% intensity, and have gotten less with each run.

I put on my Brooks again this morning just to walk to the gym and they felt stifling and heavy now that I've gotten used to these.

One thing worth mentioning is the smell: I wear these MT110s barefoot and they end up smelling BAD. But that is the only negative I can say about it. NB did a great job with odor reduction on their Minimum line; not sure why they didn't do the same with these.

Back to Basics SE3000 Smoothie Express Lifestyle 26-Ounce Smoothie Maker
Back to Basics SE3000 Smoothie Express Lifestyle 26-Ounce Smoothie Maker
Offered by J.WALKER LLC
Price: $29.94
21 used & new from $26.03

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, August 15, 2012
I had this blender for two months and within the first month it started smoking occasionally, and then today it finally completely broke. The blade is metal but the gear teeth that sync up between motor and container are plastic and not durable. I never blended anything besides raw and frozen fruit, not even ice cubes. And it still broke. When it did work the smoothies came out great.

Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein 15 g, 16-Ounce Container
Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein 15 g, 16-Ounce Container
Price: $12.69
54 used & new from $7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple hemp protein, May 3, 2012
I like this product because it has no additives and literally is just hemp seed in powdered form. I am training for a marathon and am vegetarian so was looking for additional easy protein sources when I decided to try this. I found mixing it with chocolate soy or almond milk makes it taste like halwah which is a delicious middle eastern dessert. Mixing it with plain flavored soy or almond milk isn't the best tasting but it's only a few gulps and then it's over so definitely not a big deal to me. Will definitely continue buying this.

Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals
Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals
by Robert M. Pirsig
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.47
231 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read if you are always wondering Why?, April 14, 2004
The great thing about Pirsig's writing is that he takes apart and analyzes many beliefs that we take for granted in our every day lives. Then he resassembles them into a logical mapping that literally provides an explanation for everything, from the behavior of cells, bacteria, animals, trees, humans, societies.
Granted, the structure of the 'story' makes it such that it is more of a doctrine on morals and values rather than a page-turning novel. But that is what makes it great. We don't have to put up with unnecessary story fluff if it were a true novel, and we also don't have to deal with dry philosophical incantations with equations and symbols etc.
This book will only really be enjoyed by those who liked the first book for its philosphical analysis, because he picks up the discussion and takes it many steps further. For those of us interested in understanding our lives and our behaviors, of why we do what we do, how we got to where we are today, and what it is each of us individually and collectively value, he offers some very amazing and compelling arguments. And he backs each of his theories up with quite rigorous logical explanations. This is one of the main reasons I enjoy his work; he doesn't just throw something esoteric idea out there and wait for someone to prove him wrong; he follows every argument up with logical analysis.
Bottom line, if you are into the philosophy of it, you will come out of each chapter of this book with a different outlook on your everyday life. You will see things in a different light, and that is what makes this book great for me. There are very few other books out there that successfully do this.