Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for MK > Reviews

Browse

MK's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MK RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
25 Foot - Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Maintenance System
25 Foot - Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Maintenance System
Price: $39.99
19 used & new from $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsuccessful, July 9, 2016
I only have a 20-gallon tank, so it's not too hard to use a simple gravel siphon for it. But I'm always looking for easier ways. I watched many videos on this, and read many reviews. I wasn't entirely sold due to my tank set-up, but I thought I'd give it a try. The first thing that happened is that, unbeknownst to me, I was cutting my fingers, trying to screw on the included brass attachment to my faucet. I only noticed when I was bleeding all over the place. It's advised not to use tools for this, so I figured it would be safe to do it with my own two hands. It did fit my faucet, but it's a rather old model. After I patched myself up, and uncoiled this monster (just the 25 footer), I realized that it could be a disaster waiting to happen if this thing is filled with water and happens to develop any leaks. It did not feel sturdy as I uncoiled it. I tried it out, and it was very slow to sift through the gravel, and very slow to fill the water back up. I usually have no issues with water pressure, so maybe it was because my tank is not that far from my sink, and it just took too long for the water to go through 25 feet of hose. Also, I had problems completely draining this. So, when it was time to fill up my tank, I am pretty sure some dirty water was put back in there. It also was not gentle in filling up the tank at all, and things got disheveled in there, scaring the fish. Lastly, the green connector to the sink started to leak and spray after about 10 minutes, although it was fine around the spout area. I returned this the same day, and with the water trapped inside, because I wasn't about to mess with 25 feet of hose, trying to get water out of it. I can't imagine having to do this every time I used it. If you live in an area with a drought, like I do, your conscience might really bother you each time you use this item, as it wastes a lot of water.

Trader Joe's Toasted Coconut Pancake Mix 19oz
Trader Joe's Toasted Coconut Pancake Mix 19oz
Offered by Ducky's Shoppe
Price: $11.97
8 used & new from $6.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Crumbly Pancakes, April 2, 2016
These are a weird consistency. Kind of crumbly and gross. The taste is ok, but the pancakes come out very crumbly and fall apart easily. All you do is just add water, so I don't know what went wrong. I made a batch, and threw the rest of the mix away. I hate wasting food, but this was a dud for us.

C&G lightweight foldable Multi-function Storage Luggage foldable outdoor sports bag(Dark Gray)
Offered by Fiream.
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Go On Vacation Without One!, March 29, 2016
This bag is a winner! I needed a small lightweight duffle to stick in my suitcase for extra things. This did the trick! It's a good carry-on size, but can also be checked. Folds small enough for storing in a suitcase until needed, and only weights a few ounces. It easily folds back into its zippered pouch. It has 2 handles, plus a shoulder strap that can be used as a cross body strap (however it's a little short for this, so maybe I'd purchase a longer strap to hook on). It also has an outside pocket, which is the pocket it folds itself into. I put this bag through the ringer, and it came out un-scathed. I used it for putting in souvenirs at times, or extra clothes, or extra shoes, or anything that would have made my checked luggage overweight! It went all around some rugged terrain, and was roughly handled by a few hotel porters, and held up well. I'm very satisfied with this bag. If something happens to it, I'll just buy another, because it's so ideal for the price.

Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case for iPhone 6/6S - Black/Slate Grey
Speck Products CandyShell Grip Case for iPhone 6/6S - Black/Slate Grey
Price: $21.05
12 used & new from $17.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, February 14, 2016
This lasted me about a year, before the little grippies started peeling off. However, it's done its job, because I have dropped my phone several times (it ends up mostly face down) with no damage done. It's not the most attractive case, but I feel confident with my phone in it. I might just replace it with a different color this time.

Hot Tools Htbw14 Nanoceramic Salon Flat Iron with Pulse Technology, 1-Inch
Hot Tools Htbw14 Nanoceramic Salon Flat Iron with Pulse Technology, 1-Inch
Offered by HOUSEWARES
Price: $43.89
8 used & new from $40.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Results, February 14, 2016
This flat iron gets really hot very quickly, and has a high temp setting, which is the reason I got it. That being said, it has no automatic shut off, so be very careful with it! Takes me half the time to straighten my hair now.

DIGISION 3315794 Dual USB AC Power Plug Adapter - White
DIGISION 3315794 Dual USB AC Power Plug Adapter - White
Offered by DIGISION LLC
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Much of a Hassle, February 14, 2016
This sounds great in theory. However, it didn't work for me. Just getting the prongs in and out and using the "lock" and "unlock" button took a lot of strength. It was not easy to use. When trying to plug in something with a US plug, it was not easy to get in. On the plus side, this came with a cute little pouch to carry it in, and was lightweight for travel.

Eagle Creek Travel Bug Mini Backpack RFID
Eagle Creek Travel Bug Mini Backpack RFID

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the Travel Bug!, February 14, 2016
This is exactly what I'd been looking for, in terms of a small daypack that I can take on hiking trips, as well as just around town, when exploring. Sometimes regular sized backpacks get too bulky and heavy. Unfortunately, it is pricey for a mini backpack. It's comfortable to wear, and has many pockets and holders. the outside pocket does not unzip all the way, which makes it difficult to really use it to store things in. You should just use it for what it's intended for, which is a place to hold your ID and other flat items. There is a pen holder in this compartment too. The main compartment has a little zippered section at the top, and is divided so you can fit a Tablet in here. I don't own a tablet, but I really appreciate the compartment for other things. It has a water bottle holder on one of the sides, but depending on the size, you'll have to work to get it in there. There is another flat zippered pocket on the other side, but I'm not really sure what this is for? I got the brown color, and I love it! The safety zippers are one of the best features on this.

However, the key fob included in this daypack is the cheapest key fob possible. The ring is a cheap plastic, and didn't look sturdy. In fact, it actually ripped off the bag when I put a few keys on it. I am disappointed in this, due to the price of this bag. I can deal without a key fob, but I feel a little ripped off now. The Eagle Creek warranty sounds like a great deal at first. But in reality, you have to pay to ship your product back to be repaired (and you have to ship it out first to even see if they can repair it or replace it), and it takes almost a month turnaround time to get your item back, according to the website. Who has that kind of time? So, in practice, I'm sure this warranty discourages numerous customers to send their stuff in. On their website, it says that their return rate for items are very low, but I doubt it's completely due to their great craftsmanship. I'm pretty sure that figure has to do with the inconvenience of their warranty service. I don't really care about the Eagle Creek brand, and in fact don't think the craftsmanship is that great. I now remember a toiletries kit from them I had years ago that also ripped. But this bag had what I was looking for, and other brands did not.

Lavievert Foldable Travel Duffle Bag Attached to Luggage Sports Gear Gym Bag for Outdoor Activities
Offered by Lavievert
Price: $45.99
3 used & new from $18.66

3.0 out of 5 stars OK For Errands, But Maybe Not For Airline Travel, February 14, 2016
This review is for the medium tote. I didn't get a chance to use this bag, because I returned it. I did unfold it and it looked ok for running errands and things like that. I needed it for airline travel, and it didn't meet my needs. Before I bought it, I asked a question about it regarding how much it weighs. It's not listed in the description. I was unable to get this answered, so I took a chance. When you're packing light, every ounce and, in this case, every pound counts. Turns out this bag weighs 1.4 lbs. That is way too heavy for my needs to stick in my suitcase. Also not apparent in the description for this bag, is that the zipper does not completely zip across the top. There is some space left on the end where the zipper does not reach. If you check this bag or use it for travel, this might be an issue, if it can't zip completely across.

A plus is that it was easy to zip back up into its square again, which is not the case for so many other bags like this. It is a little lumpy and bulky. though, when it's zipped up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2016 1:46 AM PST

Wandf Foldable Travel Duffel Bag Luggage Sports Gym Water Resistant Nylon, Grey
Wandf Foldable Travel Duffel Bag Luggage Sports Gym Water Resistant Nylon, Grey
Offered by W&F GEAR COLLECTION
Price: $24.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for some uses, but not what I was looking for, February 9, 2016
This bag looks compact enough in its pouch, and at first I was excited about it. The trouble for me (and for other reviewers, as it seems), is that you will never be able to get it in the pouch again. At this point, the bag becomes more trouble than it's worth to stuff in a suitcase and travel around with. It is a little bulky when it can't be stuffed back in its pouch and put in a suitcase "just in case", because it takes up too much room. This is a feature I was specifically looking for, so I had to send it back. It also didn't have a carrying strap, so it wouldn't have made it very convenient for me. Perhaps this wouldn't be an issue for people who are using this bag for other things, besides airline travel.

That being said, this is made out of substantial material and I would have had no qualms checking this bag as luggage, if I had to. I wouldn't have worried about carrying heavy things in this bag, either, as it seemed sturdy. This bag was also much bigger and bulkier than I realized, and I would have been uncomfortable carrying it with me on a plane, if it was stuffed to the max, with no carrying strap. But it's a well-made bag for this price, and if you need it for a gym bag, or something like a road trip, it will probably work well for you.

What is Amazon Prime?: The Complete Guide to the Amazon Prime Membership (Amazon Prime Membership,Amazon Prime Student,Amazon Prime Movies,Amazon Prime Video,Amazon Prime Trial)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, February 18, 2015
I had a free trial for a month, and I won't be renewing. Everyone I know has Amazon Prime. Most of them don't even use it that much- they just like to brag they have it. For $99 a year, I expected more.

1.) 2-day shipping is great. Except that it doesn't include many items. And it doesn't include weekends. Add to this that two of my deliveries have been "delayed" for some reason or another and couldn't make it in 2 days. This is most likely due to poor organization on Amazon's part. According to the tracking, both those times, the item hadn't even shipped out until the DAY BEFORE IT WAS DUE TO ARRIVE FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY. So, as you can see, this can cause some delays if anything slightly goes wrong in that one day. Sorry, I'm not sold on the inconsistent 2-day delivery. Not for $99 a year.

2.) All the other extras aren't worth it for me. I don't have a Kindle, so I can't use their book lending feature. I have tried streaming their movies and tv shows. My brand new TV isn't included in their list of streaming devices, so that's not helpful if I can only stream this content on my computer. Their streaming player or software isn't very user-friendly and does not allow for much flexibility. Their content isn't any better than Netflix. Their Prime website is also kind of a nightmare to get through and not very user friendly. Content that would be free for Prime members are mixed in with content you need to pay extra for. Back to Netflix!

Bottom line is, if I ever feel the need for 2-day shipping, I will pay for it once or twice a year. And I don't need to pay $99 up front for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3