Profile for Cameron Madera > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cameron Madera "Cam E. Ron" RSS Feed (East-Central Illinois)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Led Maximum 2 pcs 4W Dual Color 1157 BAY15D P21/5W Switchback Switch back LED Turn Signal Light #6-8

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal on an excellent product!!, June 23, 2014
I've had these running now for a week and I couldn't be happier. The shipping was fast and the product arrived well-packaged. I also discovered - AFTER I'd ordered - that there was a 15% discount applied to the cost of the item, making this $18.89 item cost $16.06! That made me ecstatic, as this was already one of the cheapest (if not THE cheapest) BAY15D-base LED switchback bulb I could find. I was also won over by the design, which resembles a traditional bulb shape, provides protection, and, most importantly, still allows light to be seen from the side (which is something that's very important for TURN-SIGNAL bulbs...yet most of the similarly-designed bulbs don't allow the curved glass part to sit in front of the metal base so it can bend light outwards! Some don't even have a curved lens to begin with! If others can't see your turn signal, statistics show you're more likely to get hit).
Originally, I didn't want switchback bulbs, because I did not understand the purpose of them to begin with. Basically, if your turn signals double as parking lights, and if you have HID lights or bluish-white halogens, the white light of the LED complements your headlights while your turn signals aren't in use, while still lighting up the amber color required by law when you are using your signals. For a more detailed description of how this works, see my answer to the question posted on this page about what purpose switchbacks serve.
As for the actual item, once I got it...there was one bulb that had some cosmetic imperfections, most concerning of which was the glass lens. It was slightly out of place compared to the other one, and had 1 or 2 very minor chips on the rim of the lens. However, it did not/has not affected performance; I can't remember now whether I put that one on the driver's or passenger's side! Like I said, it throws light in virtually every direction, and, unlike what seems to be the case with some other switchback bulbs I've read reviews for on Amazon, AMBER is the color you see when your turn signal is lit, and WHITE is what you see when it's dimmed. Reviews indicated some other products were designed wrong, and did it the other way around. The "white" color for this bulb doesn't match my 5,000K Philips DiamondVision headlights, but it's close enough. The color is more around 6,500K-7,000K. Another important thing about this bulb - and hands-down the most important - is that it's bright enough to ACTUALLY BE SEEN IT IN DAYLIGHT. Sadly, there are far too many LEDs that simply cannot be seen in the daylight unless you are close enough and know what to look for. Forget whether people on the side can see it...if NOBODY can see it, you're doubly screwed, and "riding dirty", in a sense ("But, officer - I DID use my turn signal...!").
All in all, this bulb is a home-run. It does everything it's supposed to do, and is most definitely affordable. Hopefully this lives up to its claimed 65,000-hour lifespan, but the way things are going, I don't see that being a problem. The only thing that could make this better is if it were eligible for Free Super-Saver Shipping/Prime Shipping.
I've uploaded photos of the lights in action in my car - check 'em out!!

It Ain't Easy Being The Queen Photo License Plate Frame
It Ain't Easy Being The Queen Photo License Plate Frame
Offered by Auto License Plates and Frames
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect gift for a Queen in your life, June 16, 2014
I got this license plate frame for my best friend who just recently got her first car. I told her she'd have a few surprises waiting when she got it. "Queen" is her nickname, so I only thought it fitting to find her some accessories fit for a queen. I stumbled across this license plate frame, along with another by the same company that read, "BOW TO THE QUEEN" -- Bow To The Queen License Plate Frame. I was torn at first between this one and that one, but ultimately settled on this one, as the more modest wording better-suited her personality (I thought "BOW TO THE QUEEN" was a little too "in-your-face" and narcissistic). The shipping was swift, and, as it turns out, getting my friend a "Queen" license plate was an exceptionally good idea, because she no longer feels the desire to get a "royalty-based" custom license plate number (which would cost significantly more per year to renew).
In the picture on the product page, this frame appears to be more of a dull, iron-cast type look. However, that is not the case, and I am glad. The product you receive is made of metal and has a mirror-chrome finish. The black bars with the lettering appear to be a shiny, polished acrylic-type material. Very smooth. I can only imagine the other one is styled the exact same, so if you prefer the bolder statement of the other frame, go for it. The only downsides I can think of would be that the lettering could be a bit fancier (instead of just black-&-white with the basic Arial font), and it would be nice if this were eligible for Free Super Saver Shipping/Prime, but as there's only one seller selling it instead of, like, 32, I guess it's not that bad. At least the asking price and shipping charge aren't outrageously high. Also, some license plate fastener screws I bought (Cutequeen Imperial crown Slivery License Plate Frame Bolts Screws Metal(Pack of 4) probably are too big to secure this frame without interfering with the ridge bordering the black boxes with words. Although I could only use them for a different frame mounted to the front of her car, as the screws were too small to secure in the holes for the back plate anyway. The front frame used a plastic plate holder mounted to the bumper, so if your car uses these (front OR back), you may be able to use them (they come in other colors too - red: Cutequeen Imperial crown Red License Plate Frame Bolts Screws Metal(Pack of 4) and gold: Cutequeen Imperial crown Golden License Plate Frame Bolts Screws Metal(Pack of 4)).
All in all, this is a well-made, stylish, and unique item that is sure to get regal approval (and may actually save money in the process!!). There are but a couple nitpicky drawbacks, but if there's anything else better out there like it, it very well may come at a heart-attack-inducing price. Excellent value here.

Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 Pro and More [White]
Price: $11.99
5 used & new from $10.80

3.0 out of 5 stars First one died quickly, but prompt response from company [[UPDATED]], May 29, 2014
***UPDATE #2: 6/23/14***
I have gotten the new one and only just started being able to use it because my car was in the body shop. However, I did get to try it out beforehand with a 110-240VAC to 12VDC adapter, and it has been working fine in both cases. Until a full month has passed, I will still leave this at its current rating of 3 stars. Look for another update around July 20th.
***UPDATE #1: 6/7/14***
Anker saw my original review and promptly responded asking what they could do to make the situation better. We arranged for a new charger to be sent to me free of cost. Anker really goes above & beyond to satisfy their customers, and, if you ask me, that is easily one of the most important things you should look at when thinking about buying something. A company that takes responsibility is a company you can rely on. Because of the prompt and courteous CS I received, this review has gone up from 2 stars to 3. A lot of companies should take note of how these brands such as Anker, Tech Armor, and many other small companies like them are handling business. Good customer relations not only creates a following of loyal customers, but allows for continued improvements in the things they make because they are paying direct attention and interacting directly with their customer base. I haven't gotten my replacement yet, but it should be here soon, and if things go well, the rating could go even higher.

***ORIGINAL REVIEW: 5/29/14***
Let me start off by saying I have had Anker products before, and loved them. Also, I seem to have pretty darn good luck with electronics -- usually if something craps out early for me, it's a common problem among others, too. Such seems to be the case here with this updated version of Anker's "slim" car charger. It died on me in less than two weeks' use. Meanwhile, the older version of the Anker charger (which looks identical to this) still works flawlessly, and I purchased that last year. When the charger DID work, there were absolutely no problems when using it to charge an iPhone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy S4 simultaneously. I suspect that either a fuse blew, or it fried itself. Whatever the case, it would be nice if I could at least CHECK the fuse, as that would be a lot less effort than going through the whole process of returning it for a refund/exchange (which is what I think I am about to do now). And, like I said, it died on me and therefore, judging by these reviews, it's a problem not isolated to just a few people. The 2 stars is because it worked well WHEN it worked, and because I know Anker is better than this. I still feel bad about the 2 stars, and wish I could give it 1.5 stars. ONLY because of the potential.

Kolite 2 Pcs 1W LED High Power Wedge T10 With Lens (Spread Type) 100~105 Lumen Cool White 6000K 194 168 501 W5W 12V
Offered by Kolite
Price: $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Blindingly bright, omnidirectional spread, happy customer, April 30, 2014
I got three sets of these to replace the Green Eye Auto Parts T10 W5W 1-SMD LED Bulb (10pcs) that, while they come in a 10-pack for $7.99, they die so quickly and frequently that it rapidly becomes NOT such a good deal. Also, they weren't terribly bright, and projected light out more like a flashlight would. These Kolites, while kinda pricey for LED bulbs from an unheard-of brand, are truly no comparison to the cheap Chinese bulbs. They shine brighter, spread light all around, and are a more pure white (which is important if you are putting them behind a color-tinted cover). These bulbs are 6000K, whereas the other ones are probably 7000K. These are so bright that I could not stand to look directly at it for too long; the other ones I could stare at all day with no problems. I used them on my 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe for the front and rear sidemarkers and the lights down low on my front doors that light up when the door is open. I've only had them in for a day, so the real test will be seeing how they are later down the road, but, so far, so good.
*As someone already mentioned, each pair comes with a thank-you note and a pack of Korean brown rice tea, so if you're a tea person (I'm not) then you will be pleasantly surprised.

Magic-T 8pcs/lot colorful 3ft 1m Flat Noodle Fabric Braided Male to Male 3.5mm Stereo Car Audio Aux Cable for iPod iPhone 3GS/4S 5 Samsung Galaxy S2 S3 S4 BlackBerry MP3

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY Nice, March 30, 2014
These are some very nice, high-quality aux cables, and you get 8 of them online for the price of 1 at a retail store. The audio transmitted is just as good as the great cable it replaced (nothing was wrong with it; I saw this and thought, "ooh shiny"...and the rest is history). Chances are there are going to be colors you don't want, but you can just take the ones you don't want and give them to someone you know, sell them for profit, or, heck, drop them off at Goodwill or something.
PROS:
> High-quality
> The jacket is actually fabric -- not a TPU-like plastic with a thin fabric cover
> No tacky patterns :-D
> Gold-plated (which does not improve sound quality, contrary to popular belief, but it DOES prevent corrosion)
> 8 for the price of 1
> Many colors for many moods

CONS:
> Some odd color choices (they chose tan, but have no orange or yellow...but not a dealbreaker at all for me. I found a very similar yellow one here (also available in several other colors): NTJ 3ft Flat Braided 3.5mm Jack Noodle Male to Male Universal Stereo Audio Aux Cable (Yellow))
> Only 8, whereas the data cables can come in 10 colors

***UPDATE***
There are now some nearly identical ones for cheaper that look a little nicer and come with a few colors not present in this one (while omitting some others): CCLV 8pcs/lot colorful 3ft Flat Noodle Fabric Braided Male to Male 3.5mm Stereo Car Audio Aux Cable + Stylus Pen

Look At Me Now [Explicit]
Look At Me Now [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Head-Bop Hip-Hop, March 30, 2014
Like everyone's already said, Busta MURDERED this song. He makes up for the vast majority of my rating for this song. That said, I do not feel Lil' Wayne contributes anything to this song...nor many others. He basically says the same B.S. every time -- although, to his credit, he's not screaming his head off in this song like he's got Tourette's, so that's good. My friend tries her best in trying to get me to like him, but it's virtually impossible. She's "made progress" with that, however...but I'm going off on a tangent, so let me bring it back.
I have mixed feelings about Chris Brown. Yes, he's a talented artist, but I'll never look at him the same again after he beat the crap out of Rihanna. With respect to this song, he added a nice element with the singing part in the beginning, but his speed rap obviously can't touch that of Busta Rhymes'. All this is done to a sick beat. Makes you bop your head like you're in a lowrider rocking hydraulics. Intense and chill at the same time.

Look At Me Now (Explicit Version) [Explicit]
Look At Me Now (Explicit Version) [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Head-Bop Hip-Hop, March 30, 2014

Happy (From "Despicable Me 2")
Happy (From "Despicable Me 2")

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness is contagious!!, March 27, 2014
This is a great song by a great artist. It is infectious with its laid-back, breezy beat and uplifting vocals. I just can't stop myself from dancing to this song...and I HATE TO DANCE!! I was in a store in the mall just the other day, and this song came on, and all of a sudden the store turned into a club -- everyone (including I, who hates to dance, especially in public) was either dancing or singing, or both. THAT'S how infectiously "happy" this song is. Probably the catchiest (in a GOOD way) song of all time. I'd give this song 6 stars if I could. It has a way of turning ANY frown upside-down!! In a world filled with songs full of explicit and/or negative-vibed lyrics, it's nice to see something like this pop up that can even get my pessimistic grandmother whistling and "bopping" in my car. Hehe.

Universal Ipod Accessory Bundl
Universal Ipod Accessory Bundl
Offered by boylestonrdb
Price: $23.99
9 used & new from $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Got a genuine one, AND a counterfeit one...but seem to perform identically. [UPDATED], January 2, 2014
***UPDATE #1 (01/28/2014)***
Ok, so I got a chance to try this in the car, and, I gotta say, I am truly disappointed. I apologize for not having updated this sooner, but I've been real busy with school. The reception is god-awful. Maybe it's because I had it plugged into a cigarette lighter splitter, so I'll check that later, and perhaps it's more difficult with my antenna being in the glass of the back window of my midsized SUV, BUT I already have an aftermarket stereo that gets WAAAY better reception than the stock radio could ever HOPE to. And yet, there was an overwhelming abundance of static. I listen to a lot of bass-heavy music, but the equalizer on my Sansa Fuze (1st gen) is only up halfway (at 6). My equalizer is set as 6, 4, 3, 5, 6. So ideally it's nicely balanced. But the sound transmitted is a lot like listening through a tin can. This is for the both of them; they perform equally terribly. All functions work as promised, though, and both can do International Mode. The Mono feauture does very little to strengthen the already anemic signal. I am downgrading my rating from 5 to 3 stars. I do not recommend this product as of now, but I will try to see if plugging it directly into my 12V socket salvages any sound quality.
***UPDATE #2 (02/03/2014)***
I plugged them directly into the socket instead of using the adapter, but if there was any improvement in sound quality and reception, I could not notice it. I live in a city with a population of 82,500 in a county with 203,300 to give you an idea of how crowded the airwaves are (which is "not very"). Even then, I was using 87.9FM, which is required to be empty due to the FCC only allowing odd-numbered stations between 88.1FM-107.9FM. I will generously keep my rating at 3 stars, only because of everything else that was included and the fact that it was the cost of a meal for 1 or 2 at a fast food chain.
---ORIGINAL REVIEW (01/02/2014)---
I ordered 2 of these; one for me, and one for my best friend. I just received them in the mail today. Now, I ordered both from the exact same seller (IBD Electronics), as part of the same order, with free Amazon-fulfilled shipping. Also, they arrived in the same shipping box. HOWEVER, I just so happened to notice that one of them is counterfeit. I'd already taken both out of their product packaging and thrown them together before I looked a little closer at them tonight. Luckily, it's the day before garbage night, so I was able to salvage the boxes. For right now, I'm focusing on what I have found tonight, with updates to come as soon as possibly tomorrow. Both packages include the Griffin iTrip Universal Plus FM transmitter, a Griffin PowerBlock wall plug with a USB port, a Griffin California Roll thingy, and an aux cable (although for both, the cable is different than the one pictured on this product page. It's a lot slimmer).
***I WILL BE POSTING COMPARISON PICTURES ON HERE VERY, VERY SOON...WATCH FOR UPDATES!!***
I got both of these for an absolutely unbelievable price ($7.00 each - yes, you read that right), with free Prime 2-day shipping ('cuz I'm a college student taking advantage of the 6-month free trial), which is a total of $14.00. Considering the Griffin iTrip Universal Plus as its own item is selling for only as low as $32.99 with Prime shipping at this time of writing, I think this is a jaw-droppingly awesome deal. You could order 5 of these for only a little over the price of 1 of JUST the transmitters. This deal was practically robbery. I mean, think about it: this entire package [currently] costs about the same as a large combo meal from Wendy's. If anything goes wrong, you probably wouldn't mind "eating" the cost.
The first time I noticed differences between the two packages is when I was looking at the Griffin PowerBlocks. The counterfeit one is a little darker than the genuine one, has a different font on the shell (with one typographical error that I could find), and the USB port is a little misaligned. Both for some reason have IDENTICAL serial numbers. That's pretty much where the weirdness ends with respect to that. I tested both by plugging them into the wall and connecting my iPhone 4, and both were able to charge my phone at seemingly the same speed. AND, BOTH made a high-pitched whine when plugged in. So, whether you get a counterfeit one or not, I wouldn't have your dogs around it lest they be driven nuts.
This made me wonder, of course, "What ELSE is different?". So I looked at the crown jewel of this package, the Griffin iTrip Universal Plus. Sure enough, there were oh-so-slight differences. Again, the counterfeit used a different font, and was a slightly different color. Also, the fake's buttons were misaligned, and the screen had the faintest of blemishes. I have not yet compared the performance between each of them, but I plan on doing that tomorrow or on the weekend or next week, so CHECK BACK SOON!! But, if I had to guess, they'll probably perform very much the same, like the two PowerBlocks.
Next up is the Griffin California Roll iPod/MP3 player wallet-holder-thingy. Finding Waldo was a bit more difficult here, but I'm pretty sure I found the one wearing the striped red shirt. The fake is ever-so-slightly larger in size, and when you stretch the elastic band that keeps the wallet shut, the ironed-on(?) Griffin logo will make some noise as a result. Other than that, they look identical, and quite honestly, I could not care if it were a fake or not as they are both very, very nice.
The rest of the items (aux cables, manuals, product boxes) were impossible to distinguish the fakes. The aux cables are downright I-[clap]-DENTICAL. They both worked and looked the exact same. The boxes and manuals had the exact same text, with a typo being found on both boxes & manuals but in the same place for both. I did notice one box had a price sticker on it saying $24.99 (I peeled it off right when I got my shipment and opened it), but that does not necessarily distinguish the real deal from the imposter.
For tonight, this review is rated as 5 stars. Yes, one box was counterfeit, but from the one thing I've tested so far, it performed exactly like the other. And you'd still be hard-pressed to even find a no-name FM transmitter here on Amazon that sells for $7 with free Amazon shipping. If I find out the FM transmitters perform identically, I will give the genuine package to my friend and keep the fakes for myself. That way, if there's any longevity issues with the fakes, it won't be my best friend stuck with the headache. But keep looking on this page for updates real soon!

23 [feat. Wiz Khalifa] [Explicit]
23 [feat. Wiz Khalifa] [Explicit]
Price: $1.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst I've heard, but not worthy of 2 stars..., November 22, 2013
I'm just gonna go right out and say it... Miley needs to stop. She's making a fool of herself every day now. She wants to sever ties from Disney, that's fine, but, Growing Up: You're doing it wrong.
In a topic not related to Miley, I'm not a fan of this stop-start rapping technique that a lot of people like to use. To me, it's like playing with the pedals in a car, where you punch the gas then slam the brakes. Punch, slam, punch, slam, punch, slam...you get the idea. Like as if I were in a car, similarly, this technique makes me nautious and irritable. However, this is FAR from the worst steaming bag of fermented crap I've ever heard. That title goes to Lil' Wayne's "Mrs. Officer". Talk about blow-your-brains-out annoying.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7