Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Economist Erik > Reviews

Browse

Economist Erik's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Economist Erik RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
EEZ-Y Double Canopy Wind Resistant Travel Umbrella - Auto Open/ Close Button for One Handed Operation - Compact and Lightweight for Easy Carrying - One Size Blue
Offered by EEZ-Y Premium Products
Price: $55.99
4 used & new from $19.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Very strong and well-made., July 16, 2016
It's extremely well-built -- very sturdy. It's easily the highest quality compact umbrella I've ever owned.

Xbox One Media Remote
Xbox One Media Remote
Price: Click here to see our price
167 used & new from $18.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be a lot better., March 22, 2016
This review is from: Xbox One Media Remote (Video Game)
It's pretty slow (there's a lag after depressing a button) and it must be pointed directly at the Xbox, which can be annoying defending on your furniture/TV arrangement.

VIZIO S5430W-C2 54-Inch 3.0 Soundbar (2014 Model)
VIZIO S5430W-C2 54-Inch 3.0 Soundbar (2014 Model)
Offered by Panda Rover
Price: $248.00
9 used & new from $247.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fills the room with incredible sound!, January 9, 2016
This sound bar is really great. I got this because my Vizio E-series TV has fairly poor sound quality, and this thing really does the trick. The sound is terrific! Everything is crystal clear, and the bass gives a great punch. Before buying, I wondered whether this would actually make a difference at low or medium volume levels, and the answer is definitely yes. I am not an audio expert, but I could tell a huge difference immediately. When I turned it on (and the TV speakers automatically turned off) it was just obvious that this was a vast improvement. The unit also has really sleek styling.

It was also very easy to set up. I just plugged it in and connected the HDMI, and my TV immediately recognized it and turned off its own speakers, so all sound comes from the sound bar (this is what you want.) One nice thing is that my normal TV/cable remote now changes the volume on the sound bar, so I don't have to use multiple remotes.

I would highly recommend this sound bar to anyone.

VIZIO E70-C3 70-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
VIZIO E70-C3 70-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Offered by SellCells4Less
Price: $1,499.99
6 used & new from $620.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome TV. Very satisfied., January 7, 2016
Great TV for the price. I bought the 70'' model for $1,200, and am really happy with it. The picture is really good, albeit not jaw-dropping like the higher-end TVs that cost much more. Just fiddle with the picture settings to optimize the picture to fit your preferences; there are websites that can help you to do this if you're unfamiliar with what the settings do. I calibrated mine by following a CNET guide (I'll give a link at the end), and it looks really good. Sports in particular look terrific!

My only complaints are that the sound quality is fairly low and that the remote is ridiculously cheap. I have to tape my remote's battery compartment, because the battery door just falls right off without any pressure being applied. Ordinarily I wouldn't care that much about a remote, but because this is a smart TV I'll be using the remote quite a bit.

My delivery experience was great. Right on time, and very efficient.

Here's the website I used to help optimize the picture settings: http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/vizio-e-series-2015-picture-settings-642363/ I didn't follow it exactly, but it was a helpful guide. One area where I deviated from the guide is that I turned the tint level to level 3, because I thought people's faces were looking a bit red, and this made their skin tones look more natural.

Gardetto's, Original Recipe Snack Mix, 32-Ounce Bag
Gardetto's, Original Recipe Snack Mix, 32-Ounce Bag
Offered by Terrific Deal, Inc.
Price: $13.50
3 used & new from $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute steal!, July 10, 2015
Just $16 for a bag of Gardetto's? Great deal!

The Departed
The Departed
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., June 23, 2015
This review is from: The Departed (Amazon Video)
My favorite movie of all time. If you don't like it, we can't be friends.

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Xbox One
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - Xbox One
171 used & new from $20.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun once the server issues cleared up, June 14, 2015
A lot of fun once the server issues cleared up. It's really big, detailed, and vivid, just like the classic Elder Scrolls games.

Mad Dogs
Mad Dogs
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pilot, January 19, 2015
This review is from: Mad Dogs (Amazon Video)
My wife and I enjoyed this a lot. It's very intense and suspenseful, and the characters are really interesting. Really hoping it gets picked up.

Baby Banana - Avg 15 Lb Case
Baby Banana - Avg 15 Lb Case
Offered by For The Gourmet
Price: $45.25
2 used & new from $45.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine collection of nanners. But use them wisely., January 1, 2015
These nanners are positively tremendous. Use them for your eating periods, such as lunch, to fill your tummy. However, these nanners should not be used to make nunchuks to intimidate your neighbor Tammy. They're just too small for that. To intimidate Tammy with nunchuks, choose a larger nanner, or perhaps spring for a stronger material.

Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Price: $24.97
123 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little heater, December 28, 2014
This is a really great product. We use it for our bathroom when getting ready in the morning (nobody likes freezing after getting out of the shower...) This little heater worked perfectly. It really puts out a lot of heat, and the construction seems very sound and safe. I would strongly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3