68 of 79 people found the following review helpful
Real Cool Camera
, March 30, 2012
I was looking for a nice Point n shoot camera and when I found this newly released product from the Canon family I knew it's going to be a great product. Today I received it and has taken some 50 pics with it, and I must tell you it's really cool.
I should tell you that I own D60 DSLR and also has some L lens. But I wanted to have a nice Point and Shoot which I can just take it when I really don't want to carry my big D60.
- This Camera feels like a nice touch screen phone in your hand, light and sleek. And it does have many features that you get on many smartphone, like setting your colors, themes, shutter sound, switch on sound etc.
- It's built quality is much better than many other Point and shoot that I have used in the past.
- The touch screen is not really good, may be we have used so many nice smart phones with touch screen that we now expect every touch screen product to work like a iPhone. But once you get used to the behavior you would find it okay.
- I really like the fact that you can just connect this to Wi-fi and share your pics directly to Facebook or can also email. No more connecting the cable to transfer the photos.
- The screen is really nice and feels strong. It would not really need a screen protector, but I think I may get one for extra protection. But I feel it may not get scratches that easily.
The only thing that I would have liked is better manual. It wasn't easy to figure out the settings to set up your Facebook and email account on this camera.
Overall I think Canon has got another great product and would be a definite hit.
I tried the HD Video with this camera and recorded few video ranging from very short to 10-15 mins. The Video quality and auto focus is really nice.
However I think with touch screen and Wi-fi the battery life is compromised. It may not last as long as with the conventional camera.