Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Sharon > Reviews

Browse

Sharon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon RSS Feed (TX, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Jigsaw Puzzle
Jigsaw Puzzle
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these puzzles, January 28, 2016
This review is from: Jigsaw Puzzle (App)
Love doing puzzles!!! Lots of choices!!

Saturn Run
Saturn Run
Price: $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars An ensemble cast of blah characters!, November 4, 2015
This review is from: Saturn Run (Kindle Edition)
I was so disappointed in this book. I love John Sandford and his Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers books. I've read (or listened to) all of them at least twice. So, though sci-fi is not my favorite genre, I had to read it. I have read a good bit of sci fi. All the Dune books, the Rama books, Mote in God's Eye, etc. But I almost could not finish this book. There was so much tech that was so BORING. I skipped over paragraph after paragraph. But my real problem with this book was that there was an ensemble cast of blah characters and no real protagonist. I like to have a character or two that I can relate to. At first I thought it would be Sandy Darlington. After the first few chapters, I finally quit thinking of Sandy as a girl. But he was really no more prominent in the book than anyone else. By the end of the book, I couldn't figure out why anyone had bothered to write it. I was just so glad I was finished!

Killjoys, Season 1
Killjoys, Season 1
DVD
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite new show!, August 22, 2015
This review is from: Killjoys, Season 1 (Amazon Video)
My favorite new show of the season. Lots of action and likable characters. I've enjoyed the plotlines and the overall season arc, so a good mix of episodic and arcing stories.

Crocs Women's 14383 Patricia II Sandal,Gold/Black,8 M US
Crocs Women's 14383 Patricia II Sandal,Gold/Black,8 M US
Offered by Wabtech Store
Price: $36.99
6 used & new from $32.97

1.0 out of 5 stars right shoe too tight, May 4, 2015
The left shoe fits fine. The right shoe was so tight across the top of my foot, I could barely get it on and then it really hurt. A friend with the same size feet was going to buy them from me, but they fit her the same way and she couldn't wear them either. I really wanted those shoes but now I have to return them.

Crocs Womens Women's Rhonda Iridescent Wedge Sandal,Raspberry/Raspberry,8 M US
Crocs Womens Women's Rhonda Iridescent Wedge Sandal,Raspberry/Raspberry,8 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, May 4, 2015
Love them.

The Liar
The Liar

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but too much detail, April 25, 2015
This review is from: The Liar (Kindle Edition)
First, I enjoyed the book. I really liked the hero and the heroine, though both were a little too good to be true. As was everyone in her family and all of their friends. All perfect, no flaws. The story itself was entertaining, though you could see the ending come from almost the beginning. My real probliem, and one others have mentioned, is that there was too much detail. The book could have been 100 pages shorter and been much better. I did not need to know every step she took to close her affairs in Philadelphia, the steps of selling all those different things, gathering her money, etc. We did not need to know what they ate for every meal and what they wore all the time. We did not need to know about all those folks who came to her grandmother's spa. I'm just glad I was reading it in book form so I could skim some parts. I listen to a lot of audio books and you can't skim there so that would have made it more annoying. Overall though, I liked the book, but will never have to re-read it. .

Viper Game (Ghostwalker Novel Book 11)
Viper Game (Ghostwalker Novel Book 11)
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This is for the audio version - no better than the print version!, February 22, 2015
If I had read the book, I might have been able to get through it by skimming, but with the audio book, you can't do that. I have listened to all the Ghost Walker novels and have enjoyed them all to some degree, but I could not finish listening to this one. The narrator does his usual fine job, but the amount of sex in this book was over the top for my taste. SPOILERS AHEAD! I also did not like Wyatt's attitude with Pepper. He really lost me when he forced her to give him oral sex. I could have lived with poison babies, but I didn't really like them and the rest of the book was a real turn off for me. The only reason I gave it 2 stars was because I have enjoyed this series up til now. I'm looking forward to Earth Bound being released soon and I hope she hasn't gone overboard with the sex in that one. I like some sex with my story, not just a book about sex.

Son of No One (Dark-Hunter Novels)
Son of No One (Dark-Hunter Novels)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Price: $17.71
154 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice romance, then lots of confusion!, October 11, 2014
I think the story initially irritated me because of all the attempts to be cool, especially when Jo falls into Cadegon's world and keeps talking to him with all her slang and idioms, even after she knows he has no clue as to what she is saying. When I meet people whose understanding of English is limited, I try to use simple terms so they can understand. She just keeps up with the slang for quite awhile. I felt like Kenyon was really pushing the "trying to be funny" button. But eventually, I liked Jo despite my initial annoyance with her. And, of course, you had to love Cadegon. And I enjoyed their romance. But I felt like there were eventually so many characters in the story, I was sometimes lost. The last several books, with all the new patheons, have been diappointments to me. I've read all the Dark Hunter books and used to love them, but some of that love has cooled over the last few books of confusion. Including this one, though I did love the romance.

One other note. The actual book is 355 pages long, with wide margins and lots of room between lines. Then there are 65 pages of "sneak peek" of "Born of Betrayal". That was a disappointment. I thought I had so much more ot this book to read and I don't even read this other series (I tried).

Spirit Bound (A Sea Haven Novel)
Spirit Bound (A Sea Haven Novel)
by Christine Feehan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
187 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for the audio version. Loved the book and narrator!, July 31, 2014
Like others here, I've read all the Sea Haven books and listened to most of them. I really like the male narrator for the Prakenski's and I hope they will continue to use this narrator for the rest of the books. One person commented he didn't do any accents. He used a French accent, a Russian accent and an American accent. He was pretending to be an American for much of the book. I enjoyed his voice very much. It is a very sexy voice! I have not bought Water Bound in audio because it is read by a woman and the sample does not include her doing a male voice. I can't listen to male voices that sound like women.

The main male character is a very strong alpha male. The main female is strong, but has a great deal of trouble controlling herself and her power. She has had to virtually freeze her emotions to preserve her sanity and protect her sisters. He is able to help her with that control and they make for a very strong couple. I liked both of them.

The story itself was also very good, but I was tempted to give it only 4 stars instead of 5 because, like most Feehan books, things are repeated endlessly. But it seems to work for her as she sells lots of books, many to me! I have to be grateful for that.

Shield of Winter: A Psy-Changeling Novel (Psy/Changeling Series Book 13)
Shield of Winter: A Psy-Changeling Novel (Psy/Changeling Series Book 13)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, terrible narration., June 28, 2014
I really enjoyed the story. I loved Vasic and Ivy and the inclusion of so many other Arrows, especially Aden. Perhaps we'll get his book soon. Many other favorites played a part, too, and I enjoyed seeing them all again.

On the other hand, the narration of this story was awful, almost to the point of turning it off. I have listened to Angela Dawe before, and while I find her voice strident and irritating, I can usually handle it. But this time it was much more than that. I was listening to this while driving most of the time. First she was shouting, then the sound would get very low, I'd miss some, and I'd have to turn up the volume, then she'd start shouting again and I'd jump and have to turn it down again. On and on this went. Now I am pretty much Angela Dawe shy. I think you have to blame the audio editor for part of this also. I'd recommend the book or Kindle edition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6