Profile for C. Slemp > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Slemp RSS Feed (WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Get the Message: The Best of Electronic
Get the Message: The Best of Electronic
12 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I own "all" three albums..., October 19, 2006
...so I'm obviously not going to bother buying this for one b-side I don't have. However, I'm giving this 5-stars because every track here is fantastic. I can't think of a song Electronic has done that I don't like. For the casual New Order fan, this is a must-buy. For the dedicated New Order fan that has ignored Electronic, pass this up and buy all three. All right "Pressure" isn't quite as good as the other two, but still as good as your average New Order disc.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2008 4:57 AM PST

Aerial
Aerial
56 used & new from $1.17

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure it'll be 5 in a few years, February 19, 2006
This review is from: Aerial (Audio CD)
Kate Bush albums grow slowly on you. This one is actually one of more accessible on the first listen, so I'm not sure if that means it will get better with time or worse. But for now, I'm just loving that I have two discs of new, beautiful sounding Kate. It's been a long time. Her lush arrangements and unique (but not annoying) soundscapes are capped with intelligent and unusual lyrics. I love that a song about a scientist's obsession with numbers (Pi) is followed by a simple song about the beauty of her son. It's a shame that the public will generally overlook this album.

Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling
Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling
by Richard L. Bushman
42 used & new from $5.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read, February 19, 2006
I'm only about 1/4 through it, but I'm already prepared to call this one of my favorite LDS books. The unique perspective it offers on the most critical figure in my faith (outside of Christ of course) is so refreshing. Considered with all of his warts, Joseph becomes so much more real, and so much more accessible. I'm almost convinced that all the curious aspects of Joseph that I've had a hard time understanding can be clarified by looking more closely at events and circumstances that have been glossed over in other histories. There's humor, richness of detail, and insights on practically every page.

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE Personal Video Recorder (1042)
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE Personal Video Recorder (1042)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, October 13, 2005
I have Windows MCE 2005. This card installed very easily. I haven't tried video capture on it yet, but the TV works great. No software for capturing video comes with this package, but hey - the price is right for basic TV and video capture.

Medusa
Medusa
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $12.99
599 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't anyone else remember the original?, February 26, 2005
This review is from: Medusa (Audio CD)
I own the CD of the original "No More I Love You's" on a self-titled album called "The Lover Speaks." It was written and performed by David Freeman. I loved the original and bought the vinyl back in the 80's. Couldn't believe it when I found the CD in a used CD shop for $8. It's now out of print, but you can get it on GEMM (for $150+ !!!). "Every Lover's Sign" was another great track on that album.

Oh, Annie's "Medusa" is quite good, too :)

Canon MultiPass F60 Multifunction
Canon MultiPass F60 Multifunction

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, March 29, 2004
I got a refurbished one at Fry's for $90. Love it. Ink is cheap and it doesn't go through it too fast. Print quality is great. The only thing missing is a way to scan my slides.

The Evergreen Collection
The Evergreen Collection
Price: $19.31
10 used & new from $5.63

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great find, May 1, 2002
Incredible value - every track is at least good, and many are fantastic! Upbeat synthpop with variety in the sound and excellence in production. Christian, but not preachy.

VeggieTales - The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown
VeggieTales - The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown
DVD ~ VeggieTales
21 used & new from $0.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly indeed., May 1, 2002
I was hoping for a little more consistent quality - turns out we happened to already own one of the funniest songs on tape. But, the DVD is great quality and the kids love it.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best LOTR figures, but still very nice, May 1, 2002
Hard to get their cloaks on, but all the ToyBiz figures for LOTR are well above average. There are little wheels at the bottom of the boat...

Titan A.E. [VHS]
Titan A.E. [VHS]
VHS
Offered by The SqueakShop
Price: $7.95
108 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Underrated, September 13, 2000
This review is from: Titan A.E. [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I just didn't understand all the negative reviews. Everyone I know that saw this film loved it. All the comparisons to Star Wars, etc. plot elements and characters are quite a stretch.
The visuals are fantastic. You can still tell the 2D from the 3D, but it's only ocassionally distracting and overall *very* worth it. There are a half dozen scenes the like of which I haven't seen in *any* sci-fi movie, animated or not.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3